Hannah Graham: Remains Identified

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet there's a plea there too.

What would he plea to in a deal since Morgan's and Hannah's remains have been found? Why would LE even suggest it--Unless they don't have any case? I wonder if he will plead guilty and avoid a trial and discussing details though.

Such a sad sad turn of events. It's heartwarming to read everyone's sentiments. I can only add one more small comment.

That Hannah looked just like her Daddy. She was his little Princess.

I came to this thread very early this morning and kept it open all day as I read on other threads as well. I haven't posted much on the threads but have read constantly.

As a mother of two daughters and the grandmother of a college student, I am just devastated for the Graham's as well as the Harrington's. As I watched all of this unfold, I just couldn't help but think nonstop of Hannah out there somewhere just waiting to be found. I worried more at night because I almost couldn't bear to think of her out there in the darkness all alone, away from home and those who love her. To think that Hannah and Morgan was out there in the condition they were found in is beyond heartbreaking.

I am angry, very angry. I don't want there to be any plea deal. I want JLM to have to sit in court every day and know that it is all about the evil he has done to Hannah, Morgan, and the Fairfax victim. I want him to get the death penalty just as he gave to Hannah and Morgan. I want him also to have to listen to how brutal his attack was on the Fairfax victim. I want to see his face when the verdict is announced. I want him to suffer badly every remaining day of his life, then burn in hell when he is gone.

I am feeling very vindictive even though I know I am wrong to feel that way. JLM is no 'gentle giant'. He is a psychopathic murderer. I hope he rots in hell.

Sorry, folks. That is the way I feel. I also do not believe in plea deals.

May Hannah rest in heavenly peace, and her family know that so many, many people cared for her and loved her. GB the family whom are left behind. May peace and love be with them always.

MOO

Have not posted here in awhile, but I've been following Hannah's case.

I don't believe in deals either in murder cases. I am with you on feeling angry and wanting suffering for this perpetrator. I'm sick of the "gentle giant" characterization too...this persona is, in my opinion, the mask he wears in order to lure victims. Morgan was vulnerable and in need of assistance. Hannah was vulnerable and in need of assistance. How many others were vulnerable in some way and he appeared on the scene to be 'helpful'?

My wish for serial killers is that they be placed in a corral where they're chased and hunted until they're panting, and scared out of their wits about how it will all end. If this is depraved of me, then I'll wear that badge with no shame whatsoever.

I am so deeply saddened for Hannah's grieving parents. I am so deeply saddened that this young woman was so alone that night when she crossed paths with such a diabolical individual.

Justice can't be swift or exacting enough in this case.

They found her:( I have followed this on here reading very post since the day she went missing. I cant believe its come to this end, even though I kind of expected it. It just would have been incredible to have found her alive. This monster needs to rot in prison for what he has done to these beautiful girls who had their whole future ahead of them! Hannah can rest in peace knowing her in death and because she walked past those cameras and he got caught she stopped him from ever hurting another girl again. I still have no idea why she would walk all the way there alone in the middle of the night. but being seen with him in public got the sick *advertiser censored* caught once and for all

I agree but it sometimes seems hopeless. Each new group of college students, or even younger, generally want to do their experimenting, drinking, trying drugs, etc and there will always be some that end up alone by the end of night and there will always be predators. I think that allowing 18-20 years to drink on campus at campus-sponsored events on in their rooms is the only way to help prevent these types of attacks and murders. When they have to sneak into bars or go off campus to drink they are vulnerable to the outside world of a college town, where people like JM lurk, and the young women may be in states to end up as victims. We can talk and talk until ours heads spin, but Imo, this will keep n happening. It happens far too often as it is. But jmo.

There is serious argument about this. See info about "Amethyst Initiative." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amethyst_Initiative

I was hoping they recovered her phone for Hannah's parents to get her pictures off there. Not that he took pics.

https://www.facebook.com/VAemergency?fref=nf

From the Virginia Dept. of Emergency Management: All who are trained in search and rescue embark on their mission with the sincere expectation of finding the missing person alive. We are truly saddened by the confirmation of Hannah Graham’s passing. Our deepest sympathies are with her family and friends and all who knew her and loved her.

Our agency and hundreds of volunteer search teams were honored to serve the Charlottesville and Albemarle police departments, the Charlottesville/University of Virginia community and the Commonwealth of Virginia for more than 30 days in the search for Hannah. Volunteer teams logged more than 7,500 search hours and were deployed on more than 670 search tasks. We remain committed to assisting local law enforcement with the search for missing persons as needed.

Oh, sweet girl. What promise. Too sad. Time to go home. :(

Correct me if I'm wrong on who said this but I think it was Morgan Harrington's mother who rightly (imo) pointed out that sometimes it's not enough for a woman to do things to protect herself, sometimes they need help. For example, a woman can't always find girlfriends to walk her home from the grocery store late at night (or bar or corner store or whatever), nor can she always afford a cab or bus. Women can't control what other people are going to do to them and there's only so much that can be done to protect yourself. Everyone risks their own safety EVERY DAY in a multitude of ways, most are just not unlucky enough to lose their lives. To give an example of this, more people will be killed in cars this year than by serial killers. Should we tell everyone to stop driving? Expecting women to expect to be raped or murdered while simply walking around is not reasonable. Everyone takes chances and some people can't avoid it. Just my opinion.

I'm not disagreeing with you but I feel as though you are not really seeing the point I was trying to make. Because my point does not really disagree with what you are saying. Perhaps that it my fault, and I did a poor job of explaining my thinking. Perhaps through an example I can better explain what I meant.

When I lived in NYC I learned to take certain precautions. While I didn't live my life in fear that I would come across the path of someone out "hunting prey", and I enjoyed my mid 20's in the big city. I became acutely aware to be mindful of the very things that could make me far more vulnerable, should I come across the path of the wrong person at the wrong time...(not walking down side street that weren't well lit, late at night, instead taking longer routes to well lit, always populated streets, covering drinks, not separating from friends while "under the influence"). But you are absolutely right even reasonable caution cannot prevent every crime.

This was only my attempt to explain myself because I felt misunderstood. If it is a disagreement of thought then lets just agree to disagree. No reason to argue. My apologies if I caused any offense.

I came to this thread very early this morning and kept it open all day as I read on other threads as well. I haven't posted much on the threads but have read constantly.

As a mother of two daughters and the grandmother of a college student, I am just devastated for the Graham's as well as the Harrington's. As I watched all of this unfold, I just couldn't help but think nonstop of Hannah out there somewhere just waiting to be found. I worried more at night because I almost couldn't bear to think of her out there in the darkness all alone, away from home and those who love her. To think that Hannah and Morgan was out there in the condition they were found in is beyond heartbreaking.

I am angry, very angry. I don't want there to be any plea deal. I want JLM to have to sit in court every day and know that it is all about the evil he has done to Hannah, Morgan, and the Fairfax victim. I want him to get the death penalty just as he gave to Hannah and Morgan. I want him also to have to listen to how brutal his attack was on the Fairfax victim. I want to see his face when the verdict is announced. I want him to suffer badly every remaining day of his life, then burn in hell when he is gone.

I am feeling very vindictive even though I know I am wrong to feel that way. JLM is no 'gentle giant'. He is a psychopathic murderer. I hope he rots in hell.

Sorry, folks. That is the way I feel. I also do not believe in plea deals.

May Hannah rest in heavenly peace, and her family know that so many, many people cared for her and loved her. GB the family whom are left behind. May peace and love be with them always.

MOO

My dear sweet friend, there is nothing vindictive about you or wanting to see that JM gets the harshest punishment allowed under the law. Not all cases are death penalty cases but when cases like this happens and for the reasons they did then the death penalty should be applied.

JM exacted his evilness upon the innocent for no other reason other than he felt entitled imo, and then discarded them as if they were trash after he had silenced them forevermore. He has exhibited no remorse and feels none. A dead decaying soul he is and has been for a very long time. So wanting him to get the ultimate punishment is not being vindictive. It is about wanting justice or as much justice as our court system offers because he deserves nothing less. Really executing him by lethal injection seems far too humane compared to how his victims have suffered but since we are a country of laws the death penalty will suffice.

Imo, he will feel nothing for the victims or what he has done if he does sit in court day after day. We are looking at a true predator who has been one for over a decade now. Those like him do not feel for the victims and we have to accept that. He is not like most. SK-SRs are in a very different league of their own and so is their thinking processes. I imagine as he sits there watching all of it he will be amused that his handy work has been recorded and will watch with great interest. I don't think he will show any reaction when he is found guilty although for certain the only one he cares about is himself. The mask is off now and he no longer has to pretend he is that fake 'gentle giant.'

A beautiful young woman with a smile bathed in sunshine has left this earthly world but her radiant spirit will forever live on. No one can destroy who Hannah was or how special she was to those who knew her. She made her mark in life even at such a young age. Out of every act done by an evildoer also comes goodness and with Hannah she is the angel who saved so many 'next girls' from the same fate. Hannah can go rest in peace now.

As a mother of five grown children,10 grandchildren, and 4 great grandchildren, I cannot begin to comprehend the pain and suffering the Grahams and Harringtons are enduring by losing their precious daughters. My heart breaks for all of the parents of murdered children. To lose a child must be the worst hurt imaginable but to lose them because they crossed paths with true evil has to be even worse.

I pray that each one has the courage and fortitude to endure what still faces each of them. Even though their children have been found it is far from over. They have some very dark sad days ahead of them as these cases go forward into the light of the courtroom.

Mark my word, LA, there will be no plea deals offered in these cases.:)

I hate vultures and I hate it that the dude who called it in wasn't more nosey.. Sigh

I live in a city, nowhere near what could be considered "rural". This afternoon on the way home (before I knew of the ID), I saw a HUGE bird in the middle of the next road over in my neighborhood. As I approached I could see it was a vulture, and it took off carrying what looked like a dead squirrel. Totally creeped me out.

You just never know. I was watching a crime show last night and the suspect took pics of himself with the victim's phone, which was left in her car by the suspect. DUH.

This reminds me, even after Morgan's body was found. It was widely reported that two specific things where never found...1.) a swarvoski 3 large loop chain link looking necklace. And 2.) her camera I forget the make but I remember it being red (they showed pictures of both these items (catalog pics not her actual items) in reports after her body was found).

Here: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/casey-anthony-verdict-why-did-the-jury-say-not-guilty/

Especially ""They did not have cause of death or time of death and they still chose to go for a capital one murder charge," said Rose. "They chose to roll a big dice."

And in the case of Hannah, she was admittedly heavily drinking. With Morgan, she had a head injury. JM could try to argue that he is just the most unlucky guy in the whole world with two girls dying on him from other causes and him freaking out and dumping the bodies. We don't know the strength of the autopsy reports. 99% of people would eyeroll that, but the problem is the 1% that might grab at straws to avoid condemning someone to die who could hang a jury. And that is why the Fairfax rape case is the strongest. There are two living witnesses. And no mistake about what he did. And once he has two or three life sentences for that, and if there is nothing anyone wants to trade for, then you roll the dice.

What would he plea to in a deal since Morgan's and Hannah's remains have been found? Why would LE even suggest it--Unless they don't have any case? I wonder if he will plead guilty and avoid a trial and discussing details though.

I think it will be offered because they have evidence and a strong case, to protect the Grahams and Harringtons. But only if the families agree, of course.

Info in other missing girls, unsolved rape or murder cases?

Technically he is a serial killer now. Next, I guess LE will be determining other victims to bring justice to those ladies.

Whether or not JLM's family's statement was ill-advised or not, I think their statement was classy, genuine and heartfelt. It is their way of standing with the victims' families and letting everyone know they do not support what he did, and are not making excuses for him.

I think it will be offered because they have evidence and a strong case, to protect the Grahams and Harringtons. But only if the families agree, of course.

I cant imagine the Harringtons ever agreeing to parlay with the devil who took their daughter from them. Imo, they have full intentions of seeing him tried in court.

And I think what they think will have a large bearing on how the Grahams feel.

Excellent heartfelt post, oceanblueeyes...
<respectfully sniped for focus>
quote by oceanblueyes; RE: Mark my word, LA, there will be no plea deals offered in these cases..

Respectfully disagree, Ocean.. Due to the probability of JM having many unknown innocent victims taken in his decade long trail of terror. Imo, a plea deal of LWOP in lieu of the death penalty is possible if JM gives up the identities and locations of his unknowns.. All of them... jmo

https://www.facebook.com/VAemergency?fref=nf

From the Virginia Dept. of Emergency Management: All who are trained in search and rescue embark on their mission with the sincere expectation of finding the missing person alive. We are truly saddened by the confirmation of Hannah Graham’s passing. Our deepest sympathies are with her family and friends and all who knew her and loved her.

Our agency and hundreds of volunteer search teams were honored to serve the Charlottesville and Albemarle police departments, the Charlottesville/University of Virginia community and the Commonwealth of Virginia for more than 30 days in the search for Hannah. Volunteer teams logged more than 7,500 search hours and were deployed on more than 670 search tasks. We remain committed to assisting local law enforcement with the search for missing persons as needed.
Thanks so much for posting. These searchers worked so hard!

This reminds me, even after Morgan's body was found. It was widely reported that two specific things where never found...1.) a swarvoski 3 large loop chain link looking necklace. And 2.) her camera I forget the make but I remember it being red (they showed pictures of both these items (catalog pics not her actual items) in reports after her body was found).

I wouldn't be surprised to learn they found those items among his personal things in his apartment or glove box in his vehicle.

imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member