Kindergartener AvaLynn's Eyes Blackened at School, Mother Gets Runaround

I'm not sure what to make of this story, or where to put it. Wondering what you all think.
My first reaction is horror and anger, on behalf of this little girl, and her mother.
Most importantly, I want to make sure something is done.
I also had a few questions, and it seems some of the outlets reporting the story do too.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...attacked-mississippi-school-article-1.1923430

OMG!
Who does the little girl say did it??

How hard can it be to ask her and get to the bottom of it?
I don't understand!!??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I understand it, at first the little girl couldn't talk, because her mouth was swollen so badly. But now they are saying a little boy at the top of the slide kicked her in the face, repeatedly, until she fell to the ground, crying. The school will only admit she fell off the slide.

As I understand it, at first the little girl couldn't talk, because her mouth was swollen so badly. But now they are saying a little boy at the top of the slide kicked her in the face, repeatedly, until she fell to the ground, crying. The school will only admit she fell off the slide.

And the school admits these children weren't being supervised?

That poor child..I just want to scoop her up and hug her.

That poor girl! Do they not have supervisors on the playground? Have they asked the other children? In my experience kindergarteners are in the "tattle tale" prime. If she was indeed kicked that is a HARD kick.

I don't want this to sound bad...that poor little girls face looks horrible! But...am I the only one that thought the pics look like two different girls? Is it just the lighting? :confused:

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

I don't want this to sound bad...that poor little girls face looks horrible! But...am I the only one that thought the pics look like two different girls? Is it just the lighting? :confused:

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Must be the lighting, the little girl looks the same, same shaped eyes, eyebrows and same hair colour.

This an absolute shocking incident, I can't understand why her parents weren't called when it happened for hospital treatment and for the incident to be investigated. This is not a little scratch, it looks like a shocking beating of some kind!

Over 20 yrs ago now, when my eldest daughter was 4, she bit her lip quite severely as she fell off a swing, it swelled terribly. The pre-school teacher called me at work immediately. It looked nothing compared to poor little Avalynn but I can't understand why it wasn't treated more seriously. Something is wrong here. :thinking: JMO

Oh boy, I need to watch what I say....
this precious little girl imhoo was not hit by another child,
and she didn't fall off a swing.

She was assaulted and her mom needs to have those pictures shown to LE ...she needs to get a lawyer because her child was abused and neglected.

Uhm. HOLY HELL. I just saw this and her pics. OMG. If LE wont do anything, then the mom needs to be hiring a lawyer ASAFP.

Side note: I used to live in Mobile, AL. about 30 min from Pascagoula. we used to call the hospital there "slinging liver" (singing river) - bc it was such a bad hospital. <mod snip>

I don't understand why the mother or some other emergency contact wasn't called immediately. Isn't that negligence? Isn't that why parents fill out all that info at the start of the school year?

She looks like she was kicked to me. Someone needs to answer. Like the child that did this. If he is capable of doing such a thing now, and getting away with it, what will he do when he is older?

However, I'm not sure why a go fund me is necessary?

She looks like she was kicked to me. Someone needs to answer. Like the child that did this. If he is capable of doing such a thing now, and getting away with it, what will he do when he is older?

I'm wondering about that too. Is it for the medical bills or lawyer fees to file a lawsuit against the school? :dunno:

I think the image was definitely edited. Check this out:
http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?id=4d2552137130f1abbc6179459cf53710b6c66c55.93916&show=meta

Check out the device model/make. Those would have details if the color profile were attached to the original image. I am not explaining it well but here, read this:
http://fotoforensics.com/tutorial-meta.php

This site, btw, is by far the most detailed and comprehensive photo verification tool I've seen. I love it. Anyway, let me know what you guys think. I hope to god this little girls injuries weren't really that bad. The first thing that set off flags is that her skin tone was so vastly different in the pictures on the news article. Combined with the fact that law enforcement is not investigating. I actually hope the mom is exaggerating the photo to make it look worse for the little girl's sake. Because if her injuries were really that bad, omg. How awful. :( Poor kid.

I wonder what age children were outside with her, and how many. At my kids school the grades are split. k-2. Mostly k-1 and 1-2 play. I wonder if other kids saw this and reported to their parents. You always have those kids that can remember detail and will go straight to a teacher. My daughter would always tell me about a kid falling, even once in K she told me all about her friend who punch another child in the face :/

I feel really sad for this little girl. I just can't imagine a child of her age hurting her. I wonder if it was an accident, children went down the slide and slammed into her face. In a young child eyes that could very well be the same as stomping on her.

The mom posted at one point that all money donated will go to Ava expenses and any left over will got towards an organization to end bullying in schools.

I haven't seen any updates in the pass three days.

Because in the United States, medical care, psychological care, is expensive, especially for a single mom.

I think the image was definitely edited. Check this out:
http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?id=4d2552137130f1abbc6179459cf53710b6c66c55.93916&show=meta

Check out the device model/make. Those would have details if the color profile were attached to the original image. I am not explaining it well but here, read this:
http://fotoforensics.com/tutorial-meta.php

This site, btw, is by far the most detailed and comprehensive photo verification tool I've seen. I love it. Anyway, let me know what you guys think. I hope to god this little girls injuries weren't really that bad. The first thing that set off flags is that her skin tone was so vastly different in the pictures on the news article. Combined with the fact that law enforcement is not investigating. I actually hope the mom is exaggerating the photo to make it look worse for the little girl's sake. Because if her injuries were really that bad, omg. How awful. :( Poor kid.

The swellling wasn't faked. Kid looked like every photo I've seen of someone who has been savagely beaten. This wasn't a fall. This child was stomped. It's horrible and I'm sick that the school has refused to even acknowledge it, let alone take action, nor called the parent after the baby was injured.

If we can't feel that our babies are safe at school with their little playmates, surrounded by staff, what left do we have? Where are they safe? How can any parent at that school rest easy knowing their kids are being supervised and cared for.

I really get sick of the way kids are sometimes treated like second class citizens in this country.

Because in the United States, medical care, psychological care, is expensive, especially for a single mom.

The swellling wasn't faked. Kid looked like every photo I've seen of someone who has been savagely beaten. This wasn't a fall. This child was stomped. It's horrible and I'm sick that the school has refused to even acknowledge it, let alone take action, nor called the parent after the baby was injured.

If we can't feel that our babies are safe at school with their little playmates, surrounded by staff, what left do we have? Where are they safe? How can any parent at that school rest easy knowing their kids are being supervised and cared for.

I really get sick of the way kids are sometimes treated like second class citizens in this country.
I totally agree!
IMO there is no way that little girl wasn't psychologically damaged by this.

IMO she shouldn't ever return to THAT school, I'd be more than happy to donate so she could attend a really really great private school.

Kindergarten is supposed to be a wonderful experience and first step in many years of academia....and it was basically ruined. how could she possibly feel safe retuning to such a place?

This is exceptionally hard to believe. I really can HARDLY believe this child came back to class looking like this after recess and not one single thing was done about it.

I do believe, in a tustle at the top of a slide if she was blocking and refusing to slide another immature kindergartner might have kicked her. I've seen kids get kicked and pushed and bitten for that kind of thing.

But for this to have gone UNNOTICED or UNTREATED by school personnel - I actually don't believe it.

But who knows. It can be a wacky world.

One thing that does seem clear - those injuries are not from one accidental fall off a slide onto her head and face. That's at LEAST two separate blows to her face.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back