IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
So does this mean that HT was lying, or she just doesn't know where LS was going. Why would she tell the story about going to JR's first. Maybe that happened earlier in the night?
I don't think it means HT is lying necessarily. Her story might not have been verified yet, so Quarles isn't confident stating Lauren was on her way to the apartment to watch the game. He does know for a fact she was at Kilroy's with friends after this photo was taken, so he could state that with certainty.

There appears to be some writing at the rear quarter panel of the truck, indicating a Z71 model.

or she's meeting up with CR here to go to the bar and smiling at him. HT's story has changed at least once.

Someone send this info to LE.

Seems either a great coincidence or suspicious that someone in the area with a truck matching this one would put their vehicle up for sale on craigslist yesterday.

Rims match on front and back tires...looks larger than the one from the surveillance and doesn't have writing on the side, LE seems sure that it is a chevy and that is a ford... just a few things that jump out at me

I don't envy LE, having to field and investigate all of the calls they are probably getting...so many white trucks, so many have writing or decals on them...

Personally I think this truck is a 2007 Summit White Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Classic LT Crew Cab 4x4 . It would explain the writing on the rear side panel.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 39
The truck was described as a Chevrolet Silverado full-size truck or a Chevrolet Colorado mid-size truck, believed to be a mid-2000s year model with four doors, a short bed and distinctive wheels.

The truck does have a bed liner and had equipment in the back, police said. It's believed to have a logo or writing of some kind on the doors and on the tailgate.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/28245536/detail.html

The truck in the photographs has a short bed....the one in the CL ad has long...not the same truck. Also no writing on the side and no distinctive wheels.

Seems either a great coincidence or suspicious that someone in the area with a truck matching this one would put their vehicle up for sale on craigslist yesterday.

Bloomington police Capt. Joe Qualters showed pictures of a white truck first seen on surveillance video at 4:14 a.m. driving westbound on 10th Street approaching Morton Street.
The truck appeared to drive northbound on Morton before reappearing on video at 4:24 a.m., again driving westbound on 10th Street approaching Morton, police said.
Qualters stressed that the times associated with the video have not been verified by police and may not be exact.

Personally I think this truck is a 2007 Summit White Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Classic LT Crew Cab 4x4 . It would explain the writing on the rear side panel.

Very good observation
jmo

Rims match on front and back tires...looks larger than the one from the surveillance and doesn't have writing on the side, LE seems sure that it is a chevy and that is a ford... just a few things that jump out at me

You are correct... I was just providing an example.

Why not send it yourself?

123F or anyone could you point out some year/model distinctions say for instance the front grill or shape of the headlights that stand out to you (I am assuming you are a male) and being a female myself it is something hard for me to see.
My mechanic has been helping me buy a new used truck and he is always pointing out for me to notice the difference in body styles by comparing headlight or grill details that go over my head. TIA

Could that be a fifth wheel hitch in the back amybe?

123F or anyone could you point out some year/model distinctions say for instance the front grill or shape of the headlights that stand out to you (I am assuming you are a male) and being a female myself it is something hard for me to see.
My mechanic has been helping me buy a new used truck and he is always pointing out for me to notice the difference in body styles by comparing headlight or grill details that go over my head. TIA

Sure... here you go...

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 32
This is the 2005 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 Crew Cab 4x4, but notice the angle from the hood to the windshield...

Attachments

• 28341527.jpg
    28341527.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 28
123F Thanks!
Looking at the images on google of 2005-2007 Summit White Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Classic LT Crew Cab 4x4 & Colorado they all look the same.
You have made it much clearer now, thank you

The truck was described as a Chevrolet Silverado full-size truck or a Chevrolet Colorado mid-size truck, believed to be a mid-2000s year model with four doors, a short bed and distinctive wheels.

The truck does have a bed liner and had equipment in the back, police said. It's believed to have a logo or writing of some kind on the doors and on the tailgate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member