Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on their sensory issues. If they are sensitive to bright lights and there are bright lights in the room, it might be harder to get them to sit still, for example.

http://www.asperger-advice.com/asperger-sensory-overload.html

Jumping off my own post here.... An example of a sensory issue:

For years, people had to be careful if they approached my son from behind. He would go into a meltdown if you touched his head. One time someone tapped him on the head with a wooden spoon to see if he wanted seconds at the dinner table and he had a meltdown. He kept telling me the person hit him on the head HARD and it hurt so bad it gave him a headache. I was right there and saw the incident and I tell you, it was nothing!

He and I worked on that for a long time and as far as I know, coming up from behind him isn't a problem anymore. It might still bother him internally, but he knows people aren't trying to hurt him and doesn't overreact anymore.

OH NO,NOT AGAIN!

Has any of the assasins ever been diagnosed with brain tumors?
Charles Whitman, of the UT-Austin clock tower shootings, had a walnut-sized tumor, but whether or not it affected his actions could not be determined.

The family of Dylan Hockley, one of the 20 students slain in the tragic shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary school last week, released a statement earlier today.

The full statement, obtained by NBC Connecticut, can be read below.

We want to give sincere thanks and appreciation to the emergency services and first responders who helped everyone on Friday, December 14. It was an impossible day for us, but even in our grief we cannot comprehend what other people may have experienced.

The support of our beautiful community and from family, friends and people around the world has been overwhelming and we are humbled. We feel the love and comfort that people are sending and this gives our family strength. We thank everyone for their support, which we will continue to need as we begin this long journey of healing.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the other families who have also been affected by this tragedy. We are forever bound together and hope we can support and find solace with each other. Sandy Hook and Newtown have warmly welcomed us since we moved here two years ago from England. We specifically chose Sandy Hook for the community and the elementary school. We do not and shall never regret this choice. Our boys have flourished here and our family’s happiness has been limitless.

We cannot speak highly enough of Dawn Hochsprung and Mary Sherlach, exceptional women who knew both our children and who specifically helped us navigate Dylan’s special education needs. Dylan’s teacher, Vicki Soto, was warm and funny and Dylan loved her dearly. We take great comfort in knowing that Dylan was not alone when he died, but was wrapped in the arms of his amazing aide, Anne Marie Murphy. Dylan loved Mrs. Murphy so much and pointed at her picture on our refrigerator every day. Though our hearts break for Dylan, they are also filled with love for these and the other beautiful women who all selflessly died trying to save our children.

Everyone who met Dylan fell in love with him. His beaming smile would light up any room and his laugh was the sweetest music. He loved to cuddle, play tag every morning at the bus stop with our neighbors, bounce on the trampoline, play computer games, watch movies, the color purple, seeing the moon and eating his favorite foods, especially chocolate. He was learning to read and was so proud when he read us a new book every day. He adored his big brother Jake, his best friend and role model.

There are no words that can express our feeling of loss. We will always be a family of four, as though Dylan is no longer physically with us, he is forever in our hearts and minds. We love you Mister D, our special gorgeous angel.

Article here

3 schools in Crowley, Texas, locked down for potential security threat - @NBCDFW

Lockdowns Lifted
UPDATE at 1:40 pm:
The precautionary security lockdowns have been LIFTED at CHS, CHS 9th and the CTE Center. Police have given the ALL-CLEAR after determining no credible threats were made against the schools. Thank you to all the CISD parents, educators, District Safety Team and especially law enforcement officers who responded to keep our students safe.

http://www.crowley.k12.tx.us/

On its website the district states the lock down was a "precautionary measure" requested by the Crowley Police Department.

Rumors of the threat spread through text messages and social media.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Th...own-Due-to-Unconfirmed-Threat--184143201.html

Nicholas Sabillon, Sandy Hook Student, Recalls Killer Pounding On His Classroom Door

A quick-thinking music teacher at Sandy Hook Elementary School found a secure spot for her students as soon as she heard the first salvo from the shooter's gun.

Killer Adam Lanza arrived moments later at their locked closet door, pounding and yelling "Let me in," while the students in Maryrose Kristopik's class quietly hid inside, AFP reported.

"We were all really scared and then we prayed," said 9-year-old Nicholas Sabillon, who was interviewed with his parents. "Miss Kristopik gave us all lollipops. We thought it would be our last snack."

The sound of shattering glass and additional menacing yells from Lanza tormented the students. But Sabillon says they remained silent and carefully held their musical instruments so they wouldn't produce a sound.

Did AL have a driver's license? Maybe he was using RL's because he didn't have one. Just sayin.....

Lanza spent hours playing "Call of Duty"

but that could not have mattered---- why? because millions of other young men play those games and dont hurt a fly.....right. You got that?

cause I don't.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...m-Lanza-spent-hours-playing-Call-Of-Duty.html

heres LINK adverstising the fabulous new game:

http://www.callofduty.com/blackops2/videos/surprise.html

obviously a mentally ill young person spending hours in this reality could not be a problem. obviously. 'THERES A SOLDIER IN ALL OF US." be sure and watch the entire clip so you can know where its all going.....

3 schools in Crowley, Texas, locked down for potential security threat - @NBCDFW

Whoever better think twice about trying to do harm to students/faculty in a particular school in a small town in Texas because the staff are armed with weapons and have had training. I heard the interview on NPR yesterday but cant remember the city's name, though I think it started with an "H" and it's not Houston. Superintendent decided to have his staff armed with weapons after the shooting in the Amish school.

Charles Whitman, of the UT-Austin clock tower shootings, had a walnut-sized tumor, but whether or not it affected his actions could not be determined.

His tumor was in his hypothalamus which is the part of the brain that controls mood. Charles had been increasingly angry before the shooting.

This man, Rob Cox, a long time journalist and now a writer and editor for Reuters who also happens to live in Newtown was just on The Cycle and talked at great length about his town, its people, the tragedy, the bigger issues.

Here is the article he wrote in the World Street Journal (which is what prompted the TV interview):

"In the end, we may arrive at answers that help make it less likely that tragedies like Newtown's will recur. That won't ever heal the suffering of the victims' families. Nor will it salve the collective grief that I know my neighbors, my children, my wife and I are grappling with. Dealing with that will require us to recognize Adam Lanza as one of us, and explore what that means for each of us in Newtown. It will be painful. At least we can be confident our community will pull together."

On TV he mentioned knowing or being acquainted with Nancy Lanza. He said that on Tuesday nights in Newtown, he along with a group of people would get together to play Ultimate Frisbee and that afterwards they would all go to My Place and that is where he met her on more than one occasion.

His words on TV were insightful, I thought. Maybe it will show up on YouTube.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324407504578183312848676912.html?KEYWORDS=Rob+cox

Did AL have a driver's license? Maybe he was using RL's because he didn't have one. Just sayin.....

Adam — who had learned to drive only last summer — then took her black Honda to nearby Sandy Hook Elementary, where he unleashed the slaughter, opening fire in two classrooms and gunning down 20 first-graders and six educators before blowing his brains out with a single shot to the head.
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/mother_devoted_her_life_to_him_then_PADqWsNSMfrx3KnO6JnlrI

Publicly flogging people that call in fake bomb/violence threats would deter a LOT of this crap.

OH NO,NOT AGAIN!

Has any of the assasins ever been diagnosed with brain tumors?

http://murderpedia.org/male.W/w/whitman-charles.htm

TEXAS SNIPER'S TUMOR IS FOUND 'HIGHLY MALIGNANT'

9 September 1966, THE NEW YORK TIMES

AUSTIN, Tex., Sept. 8 - A "highly malignant" brain tumor could have contributed to the murder rampage of Charles J. Whitman last Aug. 1, a panel of 32 physicians and psychologists said today.

However, the committee, which included a number of nationally known psychiatrists, said the relationship between the tumor and Whitman's actions "on the last day of his life cannot be established with clarity."

Conn. Survivor Heard Whimpers, 'Screaming' on Intercom

Sandy Hook Elementary staffer Shari Thornberg was happily showing off photos of her son to co-workers when she heard a "weird noise" that she mistook for the janitor taking down risers in the gym. But when the intercom came on, she realized the "pop-pop-pop" sound she heard was gunfire, reports USA Today. The teacher's aide, who worked with a fourth-grader with special needs, hurried into a small closet with two other colleagues. Through the locked door they heard "screaming, crying, and whimpering" on the intercom and the janitor ordering the shooter to put down his gun.

------------
Have we heard anything else about the janitor? Is it possible he/she is the second survivor in the hospital?

Hostage situation near the high school.

Hostage situation in New Town, N.D., prompts lockdown of schools (duluthnewstribune.com)

I feel like this is the sort of thing that would never have made the news (except locally) except for the coincidence of the name of the town. Sounds like a druggy has locked himself in his house and the police are trying to talk him out so they can arrest him - and he lives in the neighborhood of a school. Not that it's not a crime, but it's the sort of thing that happens all over, all the time.

My teenagers have said that kids at their school are reacting in all different ways to the Newtown tragedy. Tough and troubled kids who already have no healthy way to handle their own emotions are having the hardest time, and they are reacting in the way they've learned to react to fear and insecurity - with anger and bravado. This obviously scares the kids who are reacting to their fear more authentically (by being afraid and on guard) -and so it seems like there is an increase in threats all around.

So in a way I can see how kids who were already troubled - though not necessarily violent - might internalize the Newtown tragedy and react poorly to it by trying to appear more tough, more mean, more nonchalant about violence... because they don't have good coping mechanisms to begin with.

Whoever better think twice about trying to do harm to students/faculty in a particular school in a small town in Texas because the staff are armed with weapons and have had training. I heard the interview on NPR yesterday but cant remember the city's name, though I think it started with an "H" and it's not Houston. Superintendent decided to have his staff armed with weapons after the shooting in the Amish school.

Harrold, Texas

An extremely small and extremely rural school.

I've been on their football field many times.

The tiny town of Harrold is 20 minutes away from the nearest law enforcement responders, which made everyone feel even more vulnerable. In Newtown, about four minutes passed between the first 911 call made from inside Sandy Hook Elementary and the panicked call reporting that the gunfire had stopped.

http://www.npr.org/2012/12/18/167533823/amid-calls-for-gun-control-some-push-for-weapons-at-school

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member