NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone see the caption on SM's myspace under Zahra's photo? It said "the dark child lol"

I'm wondering how he immigrated to the States and is working there..isn't it nigh on impossible to get a green card?

IF there is any truth to her MySpace. It appears she went to Austrailia for a period of time, while there she could have gotten a "fiance visa" for him and his daughter to travel over here. That would have also given him a work permit. Once here, they could have married and his status would be permanent once they were married for a two years.

Even if she didn't go there, she still could have applied for the fiance visa from here

After reading the news about Zahra yesterday and this evening, I'm scared to death for this beautiful child. I have read that Zahra was home schooled and that her school was contacted that she would not be coming back to the public school that she attended last year. If indeed she was going to be home schooled, would the Board of Ed, local school board, ect. have to be contacted before hand to get lesson plans approved for Zahra's home schooling? I believe that North Carolina schools began this year in late August! Could she have been missing before the school year began? I'm praying for Zahra!!

Anyone see the caption on SM's myspace under Zahra's photo? It said "the dark child lol"

Yeah...I saw that. All I can say is that for now Zahra is "the missing child" and Miss Gothic Fairy herself is about to be a convict!

Picture of Zahra standing:

Attachments

• Standing pix of Zahara.jpg
    Standing pix of Zahara.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 119
Nancy Grace is on talking about Zahra. I don't know how much I'll be able to watch though with intermittent cable problems with HLN.......so no transcribing. :)

Haven't read through the thread since 4 but my local newsradio station says dogs have hit on the scent of a body in this case? I'm in Philly and it's the newstation that airs every half hour.

Picture of Zahra standing:

Thanks Elepher. That is the photo with that strange caption. Or maybe I am reading too much into it considering the circumstances.

After reading the news about Zahra this yesterday and this evening, I'm scared to death for this beautiful child. I have read that Zahra was home schooled and that her school was contacted that she would not be coming back to the public school that she attended last year. If indeed she was going to be home schooled, would the Board of Ed, local school board, ect. have to be contacted before hand to get lesson plans approved for Zahra's home schooling? I believe that North Carolina schools began this year in late August! Could she have been missing before the school year began? I'm praying for Zahra!!

I homeschooled my 4 children for a year when we were in transition and you are supposed to work through the State of NC to get your home school approved. You are required to keep proof of school work, test scores, field trips and attendance. You must give your child a CAT at the end of the year and your child must pass it. The CAT must be proctored by someone other than the teacher and scores are calculated by the test manufacturer.
You must register your school with a school name and address, phone number, etc...and you are advised to be prepared for a visit by a state representative.

ALL OF THAT BEING SAID, I have never met a homeschooling family that has actually received a visit....and some families keep very poor records, which are never checked by the state.

We (or LE) really have no idea when this little girl was last seen (independant of teh parents stories - bad bad deal here IMO

This missing little girl case makes me so sad and angry. She battled more in her 10 years than a lot of adults do. She is a cancer survivor, a fighter. Has a long road ahead of her in the prevention of a return of the cancer, hearing impairment, prosthesis. I have no doubt she would overcome all of her obstacles given the chance.

I'm beginning to think that a monster or two took this chance away from her.:frown::furious:

Haven't read through the thread since 4 but my local newsradio station says dogs have hit on the scent of a body in this case? I'm in Philly and it's the newstation that airs every half hour.
It was reported earlier this evening that "indications of human remains" were found (by the dogs) in both parents' vehicles. A local reporter on NG's show is also talking about this now. MOO

Nancy Grace is on talking about Zahra. I don't know how much I'll be able to watch though with intermittent cable problems with HLN.......so no transcribing. :)

It's playing now on Ustream if you want to watch on your computer.

Marc klass is speaking on Nancy.Father does landscaping.

NG just got copies of the search warrants and is going through the information just released today. NG also going through the original timeline given to LE.....questioning what 10 y/o sleeps until 2pm, nobody checking on her for hours, etc. NG producer saying LE can't find anyone who has seen her other than the parents. Marc Klaas on the show. NG saying the father does landscaping work, and gets up early, comes home late. Marc says the father needs to take a polygraph to clear up his account; believes the father sounds credible. Kidnapping for ransom not common at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd