FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't that depend on how smart the perpetrator was? Your post alone, shows that you have smarts. I sincerely doubt that the person who is responsible for Michelle's disappearance does. KWIM?

Smart enough to leave almost no traces of evidence and so far having gotten rid of a body.

I tried finding this answer and Im still looking..

Is the area of Sandlake Road / Orange Avenue anywhere near where the truck driver saw a man fitting DS's description and his truck? I believe that tip was called in and ignored, so the truck driver went to Brad Parkers place of employment to tell him what he saw.

I want to say it was a numbered highway as opposed to a name. 428 maybe?

Smart enough to leave almost no traces of evidence and so far having gotten rid of a body.

I wouldn't exactly call Casey Anthony smart. She left Caylee's corpse less than a mile from where they lived. Just because LE can't find Michelle (and I pray that she is not dead but understand it is very probable that she could be:( ) doesn't mean she is not right there. I remember the Chandra Levy case...and doubt she was dumped way after she decomposed. She was right there. No one could find her.

I doubt this is the work of someone with any type of real intelligence. JMO.

I wouldn't exactly call Casey Anthony smart. She left Caylee's corpse less than a mile from where they lived. Just because LE can't find Michelle (and I pray that she is not dead but understand it is very probable that she could be:( ) doesn't mean she is not right there. I remember the Chandra Levy case...and doubt she was dumped way after she decomposed. She was right there. No one could find her.

I doubt this is the work of someone with any type of real intelligence. JMO.

I agree, but Casey's case hardly has any comparison to Michelle's. If Dale is responsible for Michelle's disappearance he has done an excellent job in doing so as far as not leaving a trace of evidence.

You're right. But I can't imagine thinking all of that through after just murdering someone in a rage.

Seems to me like Dale panicked when he realized what he had done and he rushed to get rid of evidence. Everything falls in a straight line, right to Daddy's house and a bit beyond. He was freaking out, IMO.

BBM

ITA. Not to mention that the guilty party would first have to drive around looking for a moving target, then risk being seen throwing a phone onto it.

Dale seems to be somewhat nerdy. I would think he would know water wouldn't necessarily kill info on flash memory and should know about pings. Even most non nerds know about cell phone tracking.There's a lot going on with that phone. Something stinks.

Just a thought...What if Michelle was being forced to go with someone and she was able to throw her phone out the window?

I agree, but Casey's case has hardly has any comparison to Michelle's. If Dale is responsible for Michelle's disappearance he has done an excellent job in doing so as far as not leaving a trace of evidence.

I respectfully disagree. He has already been named a prime suspect by LE ten days into the investigation of her disappearance.

But you are correct, on the trace evidence, we have zero clue what LE has nor doesn't have...we are flying blind on this one. :maddening: They are not sharing. :banghead: I have to hope and believe there is a good reason for it. Though I do understand, from personal experience, that is not always fullproof either.

Yes but veryone is assuming that the phone "needed" to be disposed of, why? Why not just leave it with her purse?

I'm not necessarily of the belief that the phone "had" to be/"needed" to be disposed of for reasons of some type direct evidence per se(ie. Text, calls, pings, etc, etc)the vast majority of ALL OF THOSE/THAT DETAILS/iNFO FROM MICHELLE's PHONE IS 100% ACCESSIBLE TO LE WITHOUT EVEN HAVING THE PHYSICAL PHONE IN THEIR POSSESSION.(including detailed pings, their triangulation's, and gps tracking are all available without having the physical phone)..

So, I definitely am not assuming that Dale's motive for disposing of the phone was to rid LE from having all of what could be of evidentiary value.. But rather I believe that Dale really is of the mindset of NO BODY, NO CRIME.. NO CRIME, NO BoDY=MICHELLE IS STILL ALIVE "somewhere".. I can't say for certain he still is of this type mindset, but I certainly do find it plausible that he was of the belief that possibly "she just took off".. And if even temporarily ppl are of that frame of my mind as a possibility in his mind that gets him off.. Who knows what ended up happening to her AFTER "she had just taken off".. But those avenues of course would NOT lead directly to Dale Smith's doorstep as her last seen/disappearing from his condo.. Well.. That unfortunately for him leads directly to his doorstep which I'm certain he knows is a huge problem for him seeing as no one seemed to buy the "she went shopping in Waterford @ 4:15" deal that he attempted to make fly.:big eyeroll:

I think the phone was such a part of who Michelle was that in his head for anyone to ever believe if even for a nano second that she possibly could've "just taken off" it in his mind meant the phone had to disappear with Michelle..

**and believe me I get that the ^above^ is not rational, well thought out patterns of thought.. But I personally don't believe Dale to be all that "together and rational".. There could be any crazy motive you can think of for why he chunked the phone.. But by far I don't assume it's to rid, destroy, or hide evidence..cuz with today's technology the vast majority of evidence is still available without ever finding the physical phone..

I respectfully disagree. He has already been named a prime suspect by LE ten days into the investigation of her disappearance.

But you are correct, on the trace evidence, we have zero clue what LE has nor doesn't have...we are flying blind on this one. :maddening: They are not sharing. :banghead: I have to hope and believe there is a good reason for it. Though I do understand, from personal experience, that is not always fullproof either.

Actually I think we are in agreement. You're right as we have no clue what LE has, but I hope this doesn't turn into one of thosewaiting for months deals. I honestly feel that LE is in a little bit of a bind here. I think they thought they had more on him than they realized. I think they thought he woud crack under pressure and would give them way more than what they really had.

Her car was found, her phone was found (like a needle in a haystack, finding that) footage was found showing when she entered Dale's complex and it very likely shows him or her car or both, leaving as well. That's much more than a trace.

They are searching a fairly tight area. They have their sights on Dale. The map shows a straight trajectory down one highway, from his house, to where her phone was found and then her car, with his dad's house, the very place he claimed to have gone after she dropped off the kids, in the middle.

I think it's clear that LE have a lot to go on. Even without knowing what they have that they refuse to release, to me, what we do know looks like a giant target pointing right at Dale and his father, simply looking at a map.

Nah, LE is not running aimlessly in circles. They know where they are going, what they are doing and why. And Dale is not smarter than most common criminals, IMO.

Actually I think we are in agreement. You're right as we have no clue what LE has, but I hope this doesn't turn into one of thosewaiting for months deals. I honestly feel that LE is in a little bit of a bind here. I think they thought they had more on him than they realized. I think they thought he woud crack under pressure and would give them way more than what they really had.

I will say this much, I was not particularly inspired by LE's statement today, provided by PattyG (the link)...:twocents:

Her car was found, her phone was found (like a needle in a haystack, finding that) footage was found showing when she entered Dale's complex and it very likely shows him or her car or both, leaving as well. That's much more than a trace.

They are searching a fairly tight area. They have their sights on Dale. The map shows a straight trajectory down one highway, from his house, to where her phone was found and then her car, with his dad's house, the very place he claimed to have gone after she dropped off the kids, in the middle.

I think it's clear that LE have a lot to go on. Even without knowing what they have that they refuse to release, to me, what we do know looks like a giant target pointing right at Dale and his father, simply looking at a map.

Nah, LE is not running aimlessly in circles. They know where they are going, what they are doing and why. And Dale is not smarter than most common criminals, IMO.

Yes but with respect all this is circumstantial. Her car being found means little as it doesn't seem like someone was trying to get rid of it anyway. Let me ask everyone here a question. Assuming and this is just assuming that LE has enough to arrest Dale right now why do you think that they would wait????

I'm not necessarily of the belief that the phone "had" to be/"needed" to be disposed of for reasons of some type direct evidence per se(ie. Text, calls, pings, etc, etc)the vast majority of ALL OF THOSE/THAT DETAILS/iNFO FROM MICHELLE's PHONE IS 100% ACCESSIBLE TO LE WITHOUT EVEN HAVING THE PHYSICAL PHONE IN THEIR POSSESSION.(including detailed pings, their triangulation's, and gps tracking are all available without having the physical phone)..

So, I definitely am not assuming that Dale's motive for disposing of the phone was to rid LE from having all of what could be of evidentiary value.. But rather I believe that Dale really is of the mindset of NO BODY, NO CRIME.. NO CRIME, NO BoDY=MICHELLE IS STILL ALIVE "somewhere".. I can't say for certain he still is of this type mindset, but I certainly do find it plausible that he was of the belief that possibly "she just took off".. And if even temporarily ppl are of that frame of my mind as a possibility in his mind that gets him off.. Who knows what ended up happening to her AFTER "she had just taken off".. But those avenues of course would NOT lead directly to Dale Smith's doorstep as her last seen/disappearing from his condo.. Well.. That unfortunately for him leads directly to his doorstep which I'm certain he knows is a huge problem for him seeing as no one seemed to buy the "she went shopping in Waterford @ 4:15" deal that he attempted to make fly.:big eyeroll:

I think the phone was such a part of who Michelle was that in his head for anyone to ever believe if even for a nano second that she possibly could've "just taken off" it in his mind meant the phone had to disappear with Michelle..

**and believe me I get that the ^above^ is not rational, well thought out patterns of thought.. But I personally don't believe Dale to be all that "together and rational".. There could be any crazy motive you can think of for why he chunked the phone.. But by far I don't assume it's to rid, destroy, or hide evidence..cuz with today's technology the vast majority of evidence is still available without ever finding the physical phone..

It's simple, to me. He certainly didn't want it on him and he didn't want to leave it in her car, just in case something on it could trace back to him. Most murderers in such a situation aren't calmly wiping down evidence and disposing of it. They are freaking out, "Oh shoot, oh shoot, I gotta' get rid of this! Fast!"

I just don't see Dale as a plodding, cool killer, methodically hiding evidence. Everything he did was as a fast as he could, likely with daddy's help. And i think he did a piss poor job of getting rid of everything. Like I said, it's like a massive, red target pointing to him, IMO. And if alligators did not get Michelle, she may be found sooner rather than later. :twocents:

imo I think LE has only circumstantial evidence and not a lot of it. I don't think they found any blood or tissue evidence suggesting a homicide. I think they went with the last possible person who seen her, named him prime suspect hoping he'd crack.

Yes but with respect all this is circumstantial. Her car being found means little as it doesn't seem like someone was trying to get rid of it anyway. Let me ask everyone here a question. Assuming and this is just assuming that LE has enough to arrest Dale right now why do you think that they would wait????

This is going to sound crass...but no "body" would be the answer. Same thing with Joshua Powell. Same thing with Scott Peterson. No "body" no real crime. When I lived in Houston, some recluse killed his landlord, and chopped him up and threw him into the ocean, but because they (LE) could never find his head, the jury couldn't render a guilty verdict (the defendent claimed self-defense, and I think is also connected to the disappearance of two women as well). No "Body" no arrest.

I think he was nosey and controlling and when everything was said and done, he wanted to go through her text messages, pics, etc. That left him little time to do more than just chunk it out the window.

I think he was nosey and controlling and when everything was said and done, he wanted to go through her text messages, pics, etc. That left him little time to do more than just chunk it out the window.

I think if he did that, he did while she was still alive. Controlling is better if there's still someone to control and torture with what ever he might find in the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy