Searching for Anna - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little late catching up here... but Colleen Fitzpatrick has a very interesting Wiki page. An amazing woman, imo.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colleen_Fitzpatrick_(forensic_genealogist)

I have spoken with her briefly, and emailed her a few times regarding another case she is working on which is featured at WS, Benjaman Kyle. I would recommend taking her suggestion on ensuring Anna is listed in NAMUS. She may also be interested in helping with the mystery regarding George Brody. I'm gald to see she has taken an interest in Anna's case.

(Ok, I don't know why that link is not working correctly, but you can click on her wiki page from the above link.)

A little late catching up here... but Colleen Fitzpatrick has a very interesting Wiki page. An amazing woman, imo.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colleen_Fitzpatrick_(forensic_genealogist)

I have spoken with her briefly, and emailed her a few times regarding another case she is working on which is featured at WS, Benjaman Kyle. I would recommend taking her suggestion on ensuring Anna is listed in NAMUS. She may also be interested in helping with the mystery regarding George Brody. I'm gald to see she has taken an interest in Anna's case.

(Ok, I don't know why that link is not working correctly, but you can click on her wiki page from the above link.)

Very cool Cubby,

When I look up NAMUS, and enter Anna Waters, I come up with a page for her, perhaps I am misreading the ensuring anna is listed on this site. Here is Anna's url.. https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/44

SKick

Hi Annasmom and Dr Doogie,

I finished reading "Searching for Anna" a few days ago. Normally I would read a book this size in a day, but unfortunately I have been very busy for the past couple of weeks and haven't had time to read.

After reading so many of the threads on WS, I have learned so much more about Anna, your family and the search for Anna, by reading your book.

This might seem a bit far fetched but I'm going to put it out there anyway. One thing that really jumped out at me after reading "Searching for Anna" was the fact the the girl that said she spoke to Anna after her disappearance said the little girl told her that her name was Michelle and one of Anna's brother's said he had a dream about Anna but in the dream Anna was named Michelle. Which came first, the girl or the dream? And through in the picture of "M" that GB gave GW to take on holiday with him and it gets even creepier.

Did the girl say that the little girl had blonde hair, brown eyes, a mole on her cheek? (not that I think the mole is of great importance, as I said once before, GW was a doctor and could have very possibly removed it so Anna wouldn't be recognised).

What state did the girl live in at the time she said she saw Anna?

The woman we call the Informant lives in the Bay Area near Half Moon Bay. The dream came first, but it was not mentioned anywhere the Informant could have seen it. We think the photo of "M" was probably Margaret, but all this may just be yet another of the amazing coincidences we keep running into. Sherlock spent quite a lot of time checking out other things the Informant said, but we were not able to confirm her story.

Very cool Cubby,

When I look up NAMUS, and enter Anna Waters, I come up with a page for her, perhaps I am misreading the ensuring anna is listed on this site. Here is Anna's url.. https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/44

SKick
I checked the site about a month ago and Anna was listed. When I try the link above, however, I get a caution about "certificate", so I didn't actually go there this time. Seems to me I posted something when I found Anna on the NAMUS site, but I don't know where it is now.

Thanks Sidekick. Colleen may have not been aware Anna was listed at Namus.

That seems like more than a coincidence that Annas brother had the dream first!! Wow!

That seems like more than a coincidence that Annas brother had the dream first!! Wow!

I agree. I believe there are different types of dreams. There are dreams that are disjointed and don't make any sense, although some people believe that there are meanings behind these dreams and then there are what I call "vivid" dreams that are so real that it is like you are just having a normal conversation with someone.

I have only ever had one of these "vivid" dreams and when I woke up in the morning all I could think is that it was so real that it couldn't have been a dream. It was the night before we buried my stepdaughter's ashes and I was standing with my stepdaughter and she told me she was OK and that she was happy. She was smiling and she asked me if I was scared about talking to her because she was dead and I told her no, I wasn't scared. I was actually standing there thinking (in the "dream"), this is not a dream. It was the strangest feeling I have ever had. If you have ever had one of these dreams, you will know what I mean.

I am not for one moment suggesting that Anna is no longer here, because I believe she is (and the informant said she saw her a couple of years after she was abducted whic was after the dream). What I am suggesting is that Anna was reaching out to her brother subconsciously. I know, far fetched, but we all believe in different things. I hope I don't sound like a nut case here :)

Annasmom, has Anna's brother ever, or would he consider, being hypnotized to see if he can recall anything else about the couple in the car or the car, make, model, licence plate number?

I agree. I believe there are different types of dreams. There are dreams that are disjointed and don't make any sense, although some people believe that there are meanings behind these dreams and then there are what I call "vivid" dreams that are so real that it is like you are just having a normal conversation with someone.

I have only ever had one of these "vivid" dreams and when I woke up in the morning all I could think is that it was so real that it couldn't have been a dream. It was the night before we buried my stepdaughter's ashes and I was standing with my stepdaughter and she told me she was OK and that she was happy. She was smiling and she asked me if I was scared about talking to her because she was dead and I told her no, I wasn't scared. I was actually standing there thinking (in the "dream"), this is not a dream. It was the strangest feeling I have ever had. If you have ever had one of these dreams, you will know what I mean.

I am not for one moment suggesting that Anna is no longer here, because I believe she is (and the informant said she saw her a couple of years after she was abducted whic was after the dream). What I am suggesting is that Anna was reaching out to her brother subconsciously. I know, far fetched, but we all believe in different things. I hope I don't sound like a nut case here :)

Annasmom, has Anna's brother ever, or would he consider, being hypnotized to see if he can recall anything else about the couple in the car or the car, make, model, licence plate number?

I had one of those vivid dreams a couple of nights after Anna disappeared. She asked me "Why did you fire me?" I was haunted by this dream because of course I would never fire my child. Later I wondered if someone had told her that I didn't want her any more. Sad thoughts. I have had hundreds of dreams about her, but this one sticks in my mind.

About hypnosis: I'll ask him, but I believe he has told as much as he can from such a long time ago. Joe Ford underwent hypnosis, but it didn't really add anything to what we already knew.

I had one of those vivid dreams a couple of nights after Anna disappeared. She asked me "Why did you fire me?" I was haunted by this dream because of course I would never fire my child. Later I wondered if someone had told her that I didn't want her any more. Sad thoughts. I have had hundreds of dreams about her, but this one sticks in my mind.

About hypnosis: I'll ask him, but I believe he has told as much as he can from such a long time ago. Joe Ford underwent hypnosis, but it didn't really add anything to what we already knew.

Whew, so you don't think I'm a nut case? I don't discount anything because I know that there is a higher force than us mere mortals here on earth. I typed my post and considered for about an hour before I submitted it.

I'm going to do a bit of searching on the name Michelle Waters and see what I can come up with. Maybe the G's chose the name Michelle because it was similar to your name. Maybe in there twisted minds that would make up for stealing your baby.

Whew, so you don't think I'm a nut case? I don't discount anything because I know that there is a higher force than us mere mortals here on earth. I typed my post and considered for about an hour before I submitted it.

I'm going to do a bit of searching on the name Michelle Waters and see what I can come up with. Maybe the G's chose the name Michelle because it was similar to your name. Maybe in there twisted minds that would make up for stealing your baby.

Hi OzzieMum,

I remember the slip too, 'no photo's of M on vacation'! I certainly wouldn't put it past the G's to rename Anna - Michelle, very similar to Margaret and Anna's mother, and ... continuing on with the M name. There are a few Michelle Waters on the net and some are involved in someway in the adoption field. Very interesting idea!!

Hi OzzieMum,

I remember the slip too, 'no photo's of M on vacation'! I certainly wouldn't put it past the G's to rename Anna - Michelle, very similar to Margaret and Anna's mother, and ... continuing on with the M name. There are a few Michelle Waters on the net and some are involved in someway in the adoption field. Very interesting idea!!

Thanks Sidekick. Maybe SherlockJR can look into the adoption side. I also found an interesting one on Facebook. The photo's are REALLY interesting. I certainly could not rule this lady out looking at her photo, unfortunately I can't enlarge her photo to get a better comparision with Anna's AP photo. The other interesting thing is there is a little girl in the photo, her daughter I'm guessing, and she looks very much like Anna as a little girl.

I'm not putting the link here because I'm not sure if I should, I don't want to invade her privacy. I'm happy to PM the link to anyone who wants to take a look.

Thanks Sidekick. Maybe SherlockJR can look into the adoption side. I also found an interesting one on Facebook. The photo's are REALLY interesting. I certainly could not rule this lady out looking at her photo, unfortunately I can't enlarge her photo to get a better comparision with Anna's AP photo. The other interesting thing is there is a little girl in the photo, her daughter I'm guessing, and she looks very much like Anna as a little girl.

I'm not putting the link here because I'm not sure if I should, I don't want to invade her privacy. I'm happy to PM the link to anyone who wants to take a look.
Would you send it to me?

Very cool Cubby,

SKick

I got the same certificate of authenticity note, but clicked ok to check out Annas page. Maybe Colleen was referring to the fact that it says no DNA is available. I don't see how she wouldn't have been able to find the page?

Annasmom, how would you go about submitting DNA samples? (I bet someone here knows!!)

I got the same certificate of authenticity note, but clicked ok to check out Annas page. Maybe Colleen was referring to the fact that it says no DNA is available. I don't see how she wouldn't have been able to find the page?

Annasmom, how would you go about submitting DNA samples? (I bet someone here knows!!)

DNA samples were taken from me and Anna's brothers by sheriff's officers at the time we thought that the young woman we called "C" might be Anna. The officials used these samples to ascertain that there was no match with the young woman. The procedure for taking the samples from us and from the young woman was extremely careful in order to make sure that the results could not be challenged in court, if it ever came to that. The sheriff's office took several pairs of Anna's shoes to see if DNA could be extracted from them, but it was not possible for them to obtain traces. I believe the DNA results from us went into a national database where it may be compared with that of unidentifieds, but Doogie probably remembers better than I if this is the case.

They say there is only 6 degrees of separation between us all and I'm begining to think there is something similar with our looks. I have spent all day reading and researching someone I found on an adoption web site (I have passed this on th SherlockJr. The adoptee is a real long shot as not much personal info but the circumstances surounding her adoption and the family's secrecey make her worth looking at). During my searching I came across a woman and her picture took my breath away when I did a side by side with Anna's AP (39) photo.

I was reasonably sure that it was not Anna as this woman's hair style was deffinately 60's but I thought I would check her out anyway. Further research on Ancestry confirmed she is to old is too old to be Anna.

It may just be me but the resemblance is amazing. If you would like to have a look, PM me and I will send you the link.

I was wondering if Dr. Water's passport was checked to see if had flown to Greece in 1973 as he applied for a new passport in 1971. Would LE be able to find out because this is a missing person's case?

I was wondering if Dr. Water's passport was checked to see if had flown to Greece in 1973 as he applied for a new passport in 1971. Would LE be able to find out because this is a missing person's case?
The passport itself is missing. We only have the applications for passports. Of course the entry and exit stamps would only be on the missing passport.

The passport itself is missing. We only have the applications for passports. Of course the entry and exit stamps would only be on the missing passport.

~ Ok, so the applications are there but we still have no idea if he actually travelled. Would LE be able to contact Greece to see if he had travelled there in '73? Would the Greek authorities still have lists who travelled back then. I'm thinking we need to find out if he did go overseas with Anna, it will help tremendously in narrowing down a country in finding our dear Anna.

I've also posted on the San Mateo H.S. Facebook to see if anyone recognizes Anna if she happened to attend over the years.

Best xo

Do you need a visa to visit Greece from the US? If the passport is missing maybe the consulate would have a record of a visa application.

~ Ok, so the applications are there but we still have no idea if he actually travelled. Would LE be able to contact Greece to see if he had travelled there in '73? Would the Greek authorities still have lists who travelled back then. I'm thinking we need to find out if he did go overseas with Anna, it will help tremendously in narrowing down a country in finding our dear Anna.

I've also posted on the San Mateo H.S. Facebook to see if anyone recognizes Anna if she happened to attend over the years.

Best xo
Thank you, SideKick, for posting the picture. Unfortunately, I would say that without some new clue we'd not be able to get LE to do anything. And you would not believe the tangled knot which is still the Greek bureaucracy. I wouldn't know where to begin. We did have one contact in Greece who was dealing with adoptions, but we haven't heard from her in a very long time. Anne, a visa was never required for a U.S. citizen to visit Greece. These are all great ideas, but once again we just come up against a brick wall when it comes to implementing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong