TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that were the case, why didn't LE write it up as such though? Maybe it's just me and I need to let go off this sticking point....

I do understand where you are coming from. The way I read it was that BD was confirming what DD told her.

However, I do still want to know the "somewhat earlier" that BD got off work, what time she was picked up and by whom, and where she was dropped off.

"SA Daniel A COTTNER and SA Janet THOMAS interviewed Clint Dunn, 1-5-2011, and he stated DD had told him he returned home at approximately 4pm on Monday afternoon 12-27-2010 and pounded on the door for about 5 minutes and nobody would let him in. DD made entry through a window and got into the residence. SA Janet THOMAS later interviewed Billie DUNN who confirmed that DD had indeed pounded on the door and nobody would let him in and he then made entry into the residence and observed Shawn Adkins standing in the hallway with a deer in the headlights look"

Bringing forth this portion of the affidavit though I know I'm gonna get pelted with apples :crazy:..

I'm not pelting you with apples, but I am not getting the same thoughts. Maybe Billie confirmed it by asking Shawn why DD had to pound on the door and then crawl through a window and he confirmed it for her. Or maybe she told LE that she knows her son and he would not make something like that up. And then they call that confirmation. See? It's all interpretation.
It certainly doesn't prove to me that she was there... because there are other inconsistencies in that affadavit.
LE can twist things in order to get a search warrant, because the judge that signs them does not know what's true or false.

I know DD went to CD's Tuesday afternoon/evening to tell him H was missing, but I didn't know he went Monday as well.

teh, maybe it's just me :crazy: ....I re-listened to every single NG that PattyG had recorded the other night and heard it again. I'm not sure which one it was and my poor old brain can't do that again right now, lol...I can only take NG in small doses, but I'll find it today and post it!

There is something wrong here. I am seeing my posts but saying it was someone else's and I am seeing other posts saying they are quoting me. What gives???

I'm not pelting you with apples, but I am not getting the same thoughts. Maybe Billie confirmed it by asking Shawn why DD had to pound on the door and then crawl through a window and he confirmed it for her. Or maybe she told LE that she knows her son and he would not make something like that up. And then they call that confirmation. See? It's all interpretation.
It certainly doesn't prove to me that she was there... because there are other inconsistencies in that affadavit.
LE can twist things in order to get a search warrant, because the judge that signs them does not know what's true or false.

TxLady, if that was the case though, why was it not written up as such? I have a hard time believing that LE would consider anything that SA (especially when it was about HIM) told her and she repeated as confirmation...idk, but I'm gonna drop it for now...

There is something wrong here. I am seeing my posts but saying it was someone else's and I am seeing other posts saying they are quoting me. What gives???

Not sure because I am seeing it too. LOL

Sorry Bessie, I'm trying to find that article..We know that DD made it inside from the affidavits (see that portion in post 9) and IIRC Clint said on NG that DD came and got him..but everything was just left at that point...no further clarification...
Thanks, PM. I knew about DD pounding on the door, etc. What DD did after he came home to find the doors locked is a key part of the story, imo. Asking his his dad to come over, or even just leaving the house and going to his dad's house, because the incident bothered him, are both pretty significant reactions.

the quotes are messed up. My fault I think when I bumped my post I tried fixing it..but...

Quotes are just messed up, it happens from time to time.......one messed up one starts it and it snowballs. I have to be careful BBM, that's usually when I do it. I bold part of the quote bracket and pppfffftttttttttt.

Lol not just Texas - across the south - we drawl.

Yes, we all drawl. But the rambling isn't typical of everybody! There are some who say as few words as possible. The ramblers are just bein' friendly!

I think she meant that exactly and the reason she paused was because she was trying to decide if she wanted to admit she used that term. jmo

I think it's been pointed out several times that there is a delay of several seconds between when we hear NG's question and when Billie hears it on her earpieces. That should explain any hesitation. I don't think it's fair to say she doesn't want to admit something if we don't know that.
She did say she meant he was retarded. She may have thought he also had mental problems, thus the term MHMR. But I have to say, in my neck of the woods, when we're angry at someone, and think they're acting like a jackazz, we sometimes say they're retarded. I know... it's a slam on those who actually are mentally challenged... but we do it, just the same because we're mad and not choosing our words wisely.

If that were the case, why didn't LE write it up as such though? Maybe it's just me and I need to let go off this sticking point....

I understand why your mind keeps pondering it!

First we were lead to believe that SA worked a regular shift on Mon 12/27 and came home as Hailey was headed out the door - "nothing out of the ordinary" per his video interview with Priscilla Luong. Then we heard that he actually got off early and got home about 1 p.m. that day. Then we heard he had never worked that day and got home at 3 p.m..

We also heard that BD worked her regular shift on 12/27 - 12 hours. Then we figured out that she couldn't have because she was at the ATM at 6:30ish p.m. and she went in at 7:00 a.m. - she must have gotten off early (FWIW, her dear friend confirmed last night that she did indeed leave work early). We don't know just how early she got off the day Hailey reportedly went missing, but it wasn't the normal 12 hour shift that's been mentioned in the past. No one has volunteered/confirmed what time Billie left work and what she did next on that fateful day, except for the ATM run. It certainly leaves the door open for pondering - I agree.. It's crucial to the time line and chain of events, but we have a missing piece.

Any deviations from the normal routine for family members when a child goes missing is usually something we know right off the bat. I agree that Billie's time of work departure might be withheld by LE intentionally for now and could prove to be a significant detail in the investigation. We shall see...

"SA Daniel A COTTNER and SA Janet THOMAS interviewed Clint Dunn, 1-5-2011, and he stated DD had told him he returned home at approximately 4pm on Monday afternoon 12-27-2010 and pounded on the door for about 5 minutes and nobody would let him in. DD made entry through a window and got into the residence. SA Janet THOMAS later interviewed Billie DUNN who confirmed that DD had indeed pounded on the door and nobody would let him in and he then made entry into the residence and observed Shawn Adkins standing in the hallway with a deer in the headlights look"

BUMP for Bessie...Please read the way it's worded..CD is repeating what DD told him...BD is confirming what happened. How in the world could she confirm it if she was not there. THAT's what is keeping me up at night...and I have a difficult time believing that LE made a mistake in the wording...

I think that BD was confirming what she was told by DD, same as with CD. Just that the wording was left out of the SW.

There has been nothing to suggest that BD was not at work at that time, unless I missed something. If she had left work that day, I'm pretty certain it would have been in the SW.

And, I find it interesting that BD and CD are referenced in this part of the SW. Did they not interview DD directly?

BUMP for Bessie...Please read the way it's worded..CD is repeating what DD told him...BD is confirming what happened. How in the world could she confirm it if she was not there. THAT's what is keeping me up at night...and I have a difficult time believing that LE made a mistake in the wording...
I've been following along most nights, and I'm aware of your theory about this statement. I can't say that I totally disagree with you, and fwiw, this statement jumped out at me, as well, the first time I read it.

Relating what one has been told and "confirming" an incident are very different. One can't confirm what one has not personally witnessed. Billie could confirm that DD told her he pounded on the door, etc., but she cannot confirm that it happened unless she was there. So, I get your point, and while I 95% agree with your theory, I'm not sure it wasn't an error in verbage.

We need more pings. *sigh*

I think it's been pointed out several times that there is a delay of several seconds between when we hear NG's question and when Billie hears it on her earpieces. That should explain any hesitation. I don't think it's fair to say she doesn't want to admit something if we don't know that.
She did say she meant he was retarded. She may have thought he also had mental problems, thus the term MHMR. But I have to say, in my neck of the woods, when we're angry at someone, and think they're acting like a jackazz, we sometimes say they're retarded. I know... it's a slam on those who actually are mentally challenged... but we do it, just the same because we're mad and not choosing our words wisely.

It's really disappointing to hear a healthcare professional using that term, especially as a pejorative. Just IMO.

I understand. And I don't think she really walked out that door at 3;15 either. But what I am saying is that they have given the cops this target time of last seeing her; 3:15 at Chestnut St.

So everything the cops look at radiates out from that exact time and place. Every player is going to be looked at specifically in terms of what they were doing and where they were AT 3:15. So I do not believe that BD could have been there without the cops knowing already.

Very good points!! Besides, if Billie was there, it would be pretty simple for LE to prove that. Which would give LE a whole different timeline. So far there is nothing to indicate that she was not at work as she claimed. That's one of the first things LE checks, the alibis of the family members. If it had turned up that she was not at work when her son called her, we would have known it by now, Nancy would have been all over it.
And I don't think Billie would be stupid enough to try to pull that off, by claiming she was at work when she was actually at home. However, there is 45 minutes from the time SA said Hailey left the house to when DD knocked on the door at 4 o'clock. So what if she came home somewhere in that 45 minutes?

That's true, but I saw the show and the interview. She thought several seconds before she answered the question. I think she was considering being 'PC' on t.v. but then just told the truth.jmo

TxLady, if that was the case though, why was it not written up as such? I have a hard time believing that LE would consider anything that SA (especially when it was about HIM) told her and she repeated as confirmation...idk, but I'm gonna drop it for now...

IDK, Ponder... maybe because all LE are not ed-u-ma-kated in how to write right. KWIM???
No problem... we'll figger it out!! LOL! ((((hugs))))

Very good points!! Besides, if Billie was there, it would be pretty simple for LE to prove that. Which would give LE a whole different timeline. So far there is nothing to indicate that she was not at work as she claimed. That's one of the first things LE checks, the alibis of the family members. If it had turned up that she was not at work when her son called her, we would have known it by now, Nancy would have been all over it.
And I don't think Billie would be stupid enough to try to pull that off, by claiming she was at work when she was actually at home. However, there is 45 minutes from the time SA said Hailey left the house to when DD knocked on the door at 4 o'clock. So what if she came home somewhere in that 45 minutes?

But their story right now is that SA picked her up from work, then they hit the ATM. I don't think she could have gotten a ride home within that 45 minutes without us hearing about it. And he couldn't have picked her up in that small window of time.

I think she was at work until he picked her up at 6ish.

Is there any news at all today? Wasn't a search scheduled? I wake up everyday hoping Hailey will be found, and it's getting too quiet. I pray this case doesn't go cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88