Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peer pressure! ... Looks like I'm going to have to change mine as well. I have become a member of the minority, and in this "case", I don't like it. :floorlaugh:

Can see CaseClosed looking, looking, looking for a suitable sunflower.

Very slow evening, so....
Wondering if anyone viewed the link :http://aussiecriminals.com.au/2012/...-killers-still-not-arrested-makes-one-wonder/ That Royster posted.
(sorry if i didn't attach that properly)

There were some photos I hadn't seen before. The photographer knew their stuff, almost as good as we do. Very "focused" and all inclusive. The one photo I question I had never seen before. Looks to me like the back of a lowset yellow-brick house, with a pile of freshly dug dirt and shovels, and crime scene tape. It could be nothing more than oldies digging grubs in the back garden, but it seems strange to me that the photographer included it with all the other very pertinent photos. Was there CS tape @ Durness St? or maybe this is out the back of the BC's?? Dunno....

p.s I think the avatar's look DIVINE!
all MOO

My understanding of the role of the CMC is to investigate MAJOR crime and political / public service corruption. Is this correct? If so, why would the CMC get involved in a murder case of a housewife? Can anybody enlighten me here please?

Witness protection?

PT's take on this has interested me. I can't help thinking that before recent State govt changeover we had QPS saying that an arrest was very close blaa blaa. Govt changes - all of a sudden we hear nothing from QPS! PT was - maybe still is - an ALP member. I can't help but wonder if there isn't something political about this. JMHO.

The state election and subsequent change of government was on 24 March. Allison did not go missing until 19 April, almost a month later.

What would be the implications for any other unlawful homicide case if there was somehow a deal being done through the star chamber for the main accused person? That would mean that anyone could keep quiet and just wait to have their case put before the star chamber.

IMO that is not the purpose of the star chamber, in fact I am not even sure what the purpose of a star chamber is in criminal homicide cases.

I thought the main reason was that at times (like a Royal Commission) a CMC Star Chamber could question and demand answers (without having them in the public domain and the MSM and public firming uninformed opinions and making a 'without prejudice' process difficult if not impossible) and subsequently decide if criminal or other charges need to or can be laid.

I suppose in the final analysis it is trying to get a conviction by any means and therefore 'ends justifying means'?

MOO

http://www.cmc.qld.gov.au/about-us/our-powers/#hearings

Coercive hearings power(Star Chamber-Nickname)
We are the only law enforcement agency in Queensland with the power to conduct coercive hearings, which enable us to compel people to attend and give evidence. This greatly increases our ability to break through the ‘wall of silence’ that frequently characterises major crime and corruption, and get to the truth of matters under investigation.

Coercive hearings enable investigators to:
•open, advance or eliminate lines of inquiry
•tie the witness down to a story
•test the reliability of a witness
•test the strength of a witness’s version of an event
•fill in evidentiary or forensic gaps
•override the right to silence and the privilege against self-incrimination
•secure otherwise unobtainable evidence.

This power enables us to respond to the growing sophistication of organised crime, and to the impact on society of sexual offending against children and other serious crimes that can at times defy ordinary investigative methods. We use our hearings power, not only in our own investigations, but also when police request our assistance with theirs as they do not have the same range of coercive powers.

As well as the power to compel people to attend and give evidence, we have the power to require the production of documents and other items. This is a vital tool for conducting financial investigations into organised crime and money laundering, and we use it extensively to help in confiscating the proceeds of crime.

The state election and subsequent change of government was on 24 March. Allison did not go missing until 19 April, almost a month later.

Thanks, you are so right. Banged that theory on its head. I was getting my State and Local gvt's mixed up. Must be time for bed.

http://www.cmc.qld.gov.au/about-us/our-powers/#hearings

Coercive hearings power(Star Chamber-Nickname)
We are the only law enforcement agency in Queensland with the power to conduct coercive hearings, which enable us to compel people to attend and give evidence. This greatly increases our ability to break through the ‘wall of silence’ that frequently characterises major crime and corruption, and get to the truth of matters under investigation.

•open, advance or eliminate lines of inquiry
•tie the witness down to a story
•test the reliability of a witness
•test the strength of a witness’s version of an event
•fill in evidentiary or forensic gaps
•override the right to silence and the privilege against self-incrimination
•secure otherwise unobtainable evidence.

This power enables us to respond to the growing sophistication of organised crime, and to the impact on society of sexual offending against children and other serious crimes that can at times defy ordinary investigative methods. We use our hearings power, not only in our own investigations, but also when police request our assistance with theirs as they do not have the same range of coercive powers.

As well as the power to compel people to attend and give evidence, we have the power to require the production of documents and other items. This is a vital tool for conducting financial investigations into organised crime and money laundering, and we use it extensively to help in confiscating the proceeds of crime.

But why in this case? Unless we are trying too much to apply the KISS principle and in fact it is far more complicated and involves many more people.

Thanks! Why would the CMC get involved (if they do) in this case. If there was fraud in a large scale, maybe. However, it sound to me that if they do get involved (for whatever reason), we will be sleuthing this case for eternity! Nothing moves quickly in any Government department. IMO.

Maybe there is some sort of fraud thing involved.

Just noticed on a C21 banner..."it pays to know who you're dealing with"...lol.

Still two for sale on the books plus two rentals.

Wondering if anyone viewed the link :http://aussiecriminals.com.au/2012/...-killers-still-not-arrested-makes-one-wonder/ That Royster posted.

There were some photos I hadn't seen before. The photographer knew their stuff, almost as good as we do. Very "focused" and all inclusive. The one photo I question I had never seen before. Looks to me like the back of a lowset yellow-brick house, with a pile of freshly dug dirt and shovels, and crime scene tape. It could be nothing more than oldies digging grubs in the back garden, but it seems strange to me that the photographer included it with all the other very pertinent photos. Was there CS tape @ Durness St? or maybe this is out the back of the BC's?? Dunno....

all MOO

Don't agree it is slow...I somehow feel the tension building IMHO

Just after a bit of clarification (because I can't bring myself to read through the last three and a half threads after I missed them): I'm wondering why some posters are using sunflowers as their avatar?

My understanding of the role of the CMC is to investigate MAJOR crime and political / public service corruption. Is this correct? If so, why would the CMC get involved in a murder case of a housewife? Can anybody enlighten me here please?

CaseClosed, this could be what the CMC will be using their powers for.
'
Coercive hearings power

open, advance or eliminate lines of inquiry
tie the witness down to a story
test the reliability of a witness
test the strength of a witness’s version of an event
fill in evidentiary or forensic gaps
override the right to silence and the privilege against self-incrimination
secure otherwise unobtainable evidence.

http://www.cmc.qld.gov.au/about-us/our-powers

But why in this case? Unless we are trying too much to apply the KISS principle and in fact it is far more complicated and involves many more people.

IMO it was suggested by PT because of this ability Rational:

"This greatly increases our ability to break through the ‘wall of silence’ that frequently characterises major crime and corruption, and get to the truth of matters under investigation." (quoted in CMC post I did)

all MOO

That yellow tape ... I don't think it's police tape. Also, the house is build with different materials than the seniors house and timbers painted in a different colour. I wonder whose property that is??

My partner and I attended a house inspection It was held by century 21. Mustard coats etc. I'm wondering if this has affected business overall. This was in nsw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NPOL1566