Real Reason for Search Stopping?

Sounds like they have found a body but of course, can't determine if it is Caylee yet. Apparently it is small or they wouldn't have been this many shaken up people. I hope by the morning there is an official announcement.

Where did you hear this? Oh, I really hope so!

I think if he were lying it was all a show for the anthony's and they want to protect the integrity of the case. I can think of numerous reasons they would not want the anthony's to know if something had been found. (at least at this point) Also consider the scene at the family's house. They may have found something and are doing dna tests prior to confirming. this is a very unique case and I believe they want nothing to go wrong. JMO of course.

I believe you are right on target.

I noticed that in the one video, the newsman asked the man on the scene if there were going to be any counceling provided and he answered that Tim himself gathered everyone around and told them not to just drive home, to stay and talk it out with him and get it out.

Why would they need counceling if they are just suspending the search? The more that I read here the more I believe they did find Caylee today and will bring her home soon.

I just posted on the other thread similar to this. I don't think he's lying. But I do think they found at least part of her today and I also think Tim didn't think the conditions were good to get her. I heard, but don't know if its true, that they are sending in special people to get the remains. I hope we dont have to wait for Tim to come back to get them! lol Anyway, I hope we hear something tomorrow but maybe LE doesn't like the family to know until they have retrieved the remains and tested them.

I think it is what it is: because of the conditions... they have covered what they can, but the pooling water is something they can't search through until it is gone. I think tears are for not finding her yet. Look at it: Tim and TES have been drug through the mud by the Anthonys... they have exhausted their selves out there... they have done all that they can with what is at hand, yet she is still missing. That has to be very emotionally hard on them...

Anyhow... that is what I got off of viewing the news conference... that it is what it is... no hidden message or hint to her being found.

Me Too. I see a lot sadness, exhaustion and maybe a little defeat. They are to be commended for searching for this child and all the volunteers as well. So many people put there heart and soul into finding Caylee, it just wasn't meant to be.

I have lost hope that she will/can be found, I was a little excited this weekend with the large numbers of volunteers showing up and I thought for sure this child will be found. :(:frown:

I believe you are right on target.

This was posted by one of the searcher today.

I got home from the search about an hour ago and I have been pondering what to post on here. I want to say something without saying too much, if you know what I mean. I've rewritten this several times to try to get it right.

It was very hot today, but no different than any other Florida summer day. We were encouraged to drink a lot of water. Our ATV driver had a cooler with him that was fully stocked.

The ground has dried significantly. We didn't encounter any substantial water today in any of my searches (other than ponds, lakes, etc). Yesterday was pretty much the same. Some muddy areas, but nothing major. There were areas with standing water that most likely had been dry in the past, but we're not talking about 3 feet of water...nothing that major. Are there swamps to deal with? Yes, but that will always be the case in Florida. I'm not saying that the conditions I had were the same for other searchers, but that was my experience yesterday and today.

Today’s search was eventful and productive. After leaving command center, I returned to my search location and it was blocked off with police tape. I will be watching the news closely over the next few days.

That's really all I can say. I would love to go into more details, but I just can't. I'm not trying to be mysterious and cryptic, but I would hate to jeopardize the investigation in any way.

Since Tim has said that the search was called off for environmental reasons, I guess we just have to take that at face value and trust that Tim knows what he is doing. I've only met him today and he seems like a top-notch guy.

I truly hope they find her body and have located her. It's time. It's more than time. Caylee is gone. She is safe in God's hands. Her soul is still alive and thriving. Now it's time for her body to be put to a final resting place and those responsible for her death to receive the justice of man's laws, to the fullest extent possible.

As sad as it is, I think we all know she's dead and has been since mid-June. This chapter needs resolution and I pray this is finally it. Personally I will feel relief when she's found. Yes, RELIEF. She's gone and nothing can be done about that. It's time for her to have a proper burial.

I have been following this case since the story broke on several sites, as well as NG and Greta, and I watched the video today of Tim suspending the search.

To me, Mandy's uncontrollable sobbing, was more than I would expect from a "seasoned" searcher. I can see a few tears as a result of stress, frustration, and disappointment at having to stop the search, but not as much as Mandy was displaying. Tim also looked pretty upset...rarely looking at reporters (head down), probably trying his best to keep his emotions in check.

I felt Mandy's sobbing was more cathartic than disappointment...cathartic in that they FINALLY found something critical to the case, and the emotions she and others have kept in check in order to do this search finally came out.

I feel strongly that the area that has been cordoned off needs to be excavated carefully by a forensic team, in order to preserve as much evidence as possible, as well as possible dental records and DNA matching, etc.

This is just my humble opinion...based on what I have read and watched about this case, and my gut feelings.

P.S. For those who have asked why it took LE so long to start looking for Caylee...I think it's because they didn't know where to start since none of the Anthony's are talking or giving out any credible or logical information. Where and how would you begin a search for an almost 3 year old girl if you didn't have any kind of starting point?

I watched both videos of Tim speaking about the search and he said in one video " it's just not Gods time yet"
I know when he said that, my heart just fell...I know they didn't find her little body or he would have never said ~ not Gods time ~
so sad...

I think it may be a different reason for stopping then the one we are given. I reached that conclusion when I remembered about an hour ago the interview with Tim Miller on NG Thursday or Friday. He said that they intended to continue searching and that it wasn't about the Anthony's but Caylee. He was encouraged that the OCSO had asked them to stay AND had given them 5,000 for the search. He stated they had some officers on horseback, ect. The weather conditions today should not have been any different then they were on Thurs. or Friday.
It's just a hunch but I think the reason is not as stated for the above reason.
JMHO

I really believe they found something today. On one of the live chat rooms www.cayleebaby.chatango.com there was a lady who posted this. "I have a cop friend who has inside info from OPD, and he told me today that they did find her body, however they cannot get to it. The area is surrounded by water and they have roped it off and have it guarded. They have called in a special team to recover the body.". I'm not sure how credible this is, but this lady swore it was true. She made me a believer. I've seen the press conference and I am like everyone else.. I don't believe that kind of crying from "seasoned searchers" is for nothing. Also, I don't buy the "calling off the search" deal, because the water has been high for weaks ever since the first storm came thru.. they knew this before they started searching last week.

One more small clue that something has happened today is the cops have suddenly decided to stop allowing the protests in front of the Anthony house.

The protesters where there when Casey was arrested...cops said nothing.
They were there when she came back from jail, the police asked them to try to keep it down for the neighbors sake.

This afternoon after the search stopped the police said that the protests where taking too many resources and had to stop.

It would be somewhat irresponsible to announce that the body has been found when an angry mob is right outside their front door.

I agree that the level of grief/sobbing is more than just frustration about the weather. Something more has to have happened to have the group reach that level of emotion/despair. The weather or 'too wet conditions'? Pffffttt. Nope. They would be tired and disappointed but not sobbing, IMHO. Something's up.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2640979&postcount=54

Quote for Jmommy:
Don't know. BUT, there is alot of talk about this going on at those live chat sites. One user said this. "I have a friend who's a cop, he has inside information from the OPD, saying that they located her body today and cannot get to it. The area is covered in water and they have called in a special body recovery team to come out tomorrow to recover it. They've roped the area off and have it guarded". Now, I'm not sure if this is true or just speculation, but the girl that was posting this on the live chat site, said she trusted her cop friend and believed him. Of course, she could be lying too.

End quote

Brought this over from the other thread. Interesting - I have been trying to find the poster from here this afternoon that also searched today and he said that it was an "eventful and productive" day. He also said he drove by the area where he was searching and it was roped off as well.

So, could possibly one of those drone planes spotted something? Possibly a very small body (maybe wrapped in a rug?) and the area its in requires a hazmat recovery diving team (not usually available on a Sunday afternoon). Tomorrow might just be a very interesting day.

I guess I'm trying to understand how the cops can stop peaceful protests as they are afforded to citizens by law. I would imagine if LE was to announce the find of the baby that people would still gather there either to mourn, memorialize, or to demand justice.

This was posted by one of the searcher today.

I got home from the search about an hour ago and I have been pondering what to post on here. I want to say something without saying too much, if you know what I mean. I've rewritten this several times to try to get it right.

It was very hot today, but no different than any other Florida summer day. We were encouraged to drink a lot of water. Our ATV driver had a cooler with him that was fully stocked.

The ground has dried significantly. We didn't encounter any substantial water today in any of my searches (other than ponds, lakes, etc). Yesterday was pretty much the same. Some muddy areas, but nothing major. There were areas with standing water that most likely had been dry in the past, but we're not talking about 3 feet of water...nothing that major. Are there swamps to deal with? Yes, but that will always be the case in Florida. I'm not saying that the conditions I had were the same for other searchers, but that was my experience yesterday and today.

Today’s search was eventful and productive. After leaving command center, I returned to my search location and it was blocked off with police tape. I will be watching the news closely over the next few days.

That's really all I can say. I would love to go into more details, but I just can't. I'm not trying to be mysterious and cryptic, but I would hate to jeopardize the investigation in any way.

Since Tim has said that the search was called off for environmental reasons, I guess we just have to take that at face value and trust that Tim knows what he is doing. I've only met him today and he seems like a top-notch guy.

After reading this, I have no doubt. They found her and just haven't recovered her yet. For sure, they found her.

If Media even suspected a story, the copters would be in the air.
All night, if that's what it took to get the story. Any crime scene tape would put them in a frenzy. So....I have to believe Tim. Hoping I am wrong.
IMO

I guess I'm trying to understand how the cops can stop peaceful protests as they are afforded to citizens by law. I would imagine if LE was to announce the find of the baby that people would still gather there either to mourn, memorialize, or to demand justice.

I don't know I have wondered if the A's new attorney has threatened a lawsuit against OCSO for not keeping the A's safe? :confused:

With George beating on old ladies and young guys beating each other up, it's really not all that peaceful a protest anymore.

I guess I wonder how the can say they can't get to it but they found it.
They can get to anything......

Sorry Jmommy - didn't see you got here as well!!! I think it a very telling find you posted. Let's all say a prayer tonight that Caylee is found tomorrow!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back