17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just really sunk in that the police reports that the City released that were supposed to quiet everyone down about no arrest were written at 2:30 and 3:30 Am that night.

Those police reports were written after the decision was made to release George Zimmerman.

I have a question though and maybe some of our gun enthusiasts can answer it,

IF GZ and TM were struggling for the gun, and TM got his hand on the gun where the part that slides back and forth when it is fired is, could that have stopped another bullet from reloading in the chamber after it was fired?

I know that I'm not using technical terms but I hope you understand what I am asking, and also is it possible that maybe there would be skin or dna caught around where that slide is to show that is what happened?

Just rambling, it might not even be possible or anything.

At this point, I think the only thing that would give me pause on how this went down is if it comes out that TM's prints are on the gun handle.

IMO, there would still be some blood from the entry wound.
If he had the gun nozzle against Tray's body it could have been minimal although it would have recoiled.

Please keep in mind the three descriptive metaphors contained in the reviews of Zimmerman's gun:

“pocket nine”

“petite pistol”

“tiny niney”

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7734670&postcount=759"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #9[/ame]

I'm willing to bet, if checked by the ME, there was gun powder residue on at least one of this boy's hands.

If there is GSR on one of his hands, IMO it shows that Zimmerman had the gun out at some point when he was not being beaten by TM, since it is not likely that TM would be beating his head against the ground and still be able to see GZ pull a gun and point it at his chest in time to grab for the gun if TM is on top of GZ....I find it hard to picture that IMO JMHO and stuff

I've even heard that some banks have banned sunglasses and hats. I wonder what would happen if someone wearing a hijab robbed a bank? I'll stick to the drive thru if I can't do it on-line LOL!

My bank has a sign on the front door asking patrons to remove sunglasses and hats before entering. It went up after a robbery at a nearby branch last year. I see that as somewhat reasonable.

No hoodies seems more like profiling. It singles out one group that is covering their heads and ignores others. If you wear a hoodie, we don't like your kind.

It is possible he was a judge in 2 states. regardless, he would have some pull.

That's what I was referring to....some believe that a Virginia judge could not possibly have any influence on anyone in Florida. BUT, he was a judge in both states, and most recently in Orange County....right there in the area where anyone in LE would know who he was.

jmo

Ours does.

Just as a reference.
No hoods up.

Don't mean to be OT, but it really says that? Is that only for inside the school or are they allowed to wear hoods outside in cold weather for recess, gym, etc.?

I live in FL (in Northern FL) and it DOES get cold here. At least, cold to us, but I will admit that we are cold-weather wimps! :) My oldest DS wears a hooded sweat jacket to school on cold days and wears it all day with the hood up and it's never been a problem.

Again, don't mean to be OT.

Seriously???!! Does it say in the student handbook that they can't wear hoods?

Ours does.

Just as a reference.
No hoods up.

Hoods are actually banned in a number of places.

One of our local banks has a sign on their door that says "no hoodies".

That sign has been there for years. IMO it is not racial. It's so if something does go down, the security camera can capture faces. Not possible with a big hood.

Our school handbook has always said no hoods up. Ever.

I have to go check now...DD#4 has a hoodie with the school logo on it, but she's never said she couldn't put the hoodie part up...

Dang, I don't want her to get in trouble by accident!

ETA: Oops...Off Topic....sorry....

GZ's father was a magistrate, not a judge.....big difference in Virginia.

“Robert J. Zimmerman served as a full-time magistrate from 2000-2006. Please be advised that in Virginia magistrates are judicial officers, but they are not considered "judges" and do not possess trial jurisdiction. More detailed information on the role of the magistrate in Virginia is available on Virginia's Judicial System Website

Thank you for clarification.
I still think he would have some friends he can call.
But I too would make a call if I had to help my son.

I MOSTLY think that police department is a poor excuse of our laws.

I have a question though and maybe some of our gun enthusiasts can answer it,

IF GZ and TM were struggling for the gun, and TM got his hand on the gun where the part that slides back and forth when it is fired is, could that have stopped another bullet from reloading in the chamber after it was fired?

I know that I'm not using technical terms but I hope you understand what I am asking, and also is it possible that maybe there would be skin or dna caught around where that slide is to show that is what happened?

Just rambling, it might not even be possible or anything.

I have a 9mm semi-auto pistol and I suppose it is possible but I'd find it highly unlikely. The slide is going to go back when the gun is fired - there is a lot of force involved. You would have to prevent the slide from coming forward to prevent another round being chambered. However, once you released your grip I suspect the round would then be chambered. Just my opinion, I've never tried this and could be off base and I'm not a gunsmith or anything of that sort.

I think with all the power above, which included a chief of police, a SA and an assistant SA and the second in command of the police dept making the decision not to arrest Zimmerman that night there was no way they were going to allow these two patrol cops to come in at 2:30 in the morning and put anything on a report that showed Zimmerman should be arrested and in fact I think they were told exactly what to put in the reports and what to leave out. It was strongly suggested to them. IMO

That's what I was referring to....some believe that a Virginia judge could not possibly have any influence on anyone in Florida. BUT, he was a judge in both states, and most recently in Orange County....right there in the area where anyone in LE would know who he was.

jmo

Can't speak for anyone else but for me I have just about had enough of the "GOOD OLE BOY" mentality and all the corruption involved when it comes to covering for those they believe to be their own......JMHO

From the Partial Report - Sanford Police Dept.
Upon arrival Ofc. T. Smithhad a white male,later identified as George Zimmerman, in custody. Zimmerman was also the original caller in reference to suspicious person.
I then noticed that there was, what appeared to be a black male wearing a gray sweater, blue jeans, and white/red sneakers laying face down on the ground.
The black male had his hands underneath his body.

http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/docs/Twin Lakes Shooting Initial Report.pdf

I see a few others have talked about this, but how is it possible for Trayvon to be on the ground with his hands underneath his body to have been on top of GZ, and shot in this position? Is it possible?

Ima

Tray could have had his hands in front and on the gun trying to push it away. I do think there was struggle for the gun and Tray stopped the slide from loading the next bullet in the chamber. GZ crawled away from him by pushing him up slightly and Tray's arms did not move. JMO

My bank has a sign on the front door asking patrons to remove sunglasses and hats before entering. It went up after a robbery at a nearby branch last year. I see that as somewhat reasonable.

No hoodies seems more like profiling. It singles out one group that is covering their heads and ignores others. If you wear a hoodie, we don't like your kind.

It's a stereotype, plain and simple. I figured out a long time ago that relying on stereotypes is simply fear of the unknown. A person more than anything fears what they don't know and images that have been fed to them by other sources (media, upbringing, etc).

Why not? He was acting suspiciously according to GZ, and was staring at all the houses as he was walking down the sidewalk. He had his hands at his waistband, as if he had a weapon. I would be scared for my life had I seen either of these men, quite frankly. How many burglaries had happened in this neighborhood? TM clearly had stolen in the past according to the random search of his backpack in October, who brings a flathead screwdriver and jewelry to school like that? I am convinced that he was acting suspicious and GZ was doing what he thought was best to protect the neighborhood.

First off, GZ did not have any knowledge of the school incidents. Second, looking or acting suspicious is not a death sentence. Third, what you may think is acting good and whether it's legal to do so are two very different things.

Ok - let's play a game.

I'm seeing a "Point, Counter Point" issue here.

First it was the "old" pictures of Trayvon and GZ's cirminal history POINT

Then we find out about Trayvon's school records - COUNTER POINT

Trayvon's pictures get updated - POINT

GZ's pictures get updated and Trayvon's online activity is exposed COUNTER POINT

Trayvon was pursued POINT

GZ was attacked from behind and had injuries to prove it COUNTER POINT

The homicide detective wanted to bring manslaughter charges but the SA refused POINT

GZ's two new best buds come out defending him to the hilt COUNTER POINT

Now the latest

GZ's intake video is leaked showing no injuries POINT

What's going to be the next counter point?

As you can see - each point is a mark in wanting GZ's arrested/prosecuted
AND
Each counter point is a mark in GZ's self defense / no prosecution - justified shooting

So, thoughts on the next COUNTER POINT that we'll probably get some time late tomorrow?

JMHO

GZ's intake video is leaked showing no injuries POINT

Clear video and stills along with paramedic's testimony showing GZ's injuries COUNTER-POINT

IMO

I think with all the power above, which included a chief of police, a SA and an assistant SA and the second in command of the police dept making the decision not to arrest Zimmerman that night there was no way they were going to allow these two patrol cops to come in at 2:30 in the morning and put anything on a report that showed Zimmerman should be arrested and in fact I think they were told exactly what to put in the reports and what to leave out. It was strongly suggested to them. IMO

Hope someone cleans house and throws them out........JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member