FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everytime I look at the suspect I think 'beret.'

For what it's worth I reckon it took the suspect 8 seconds to exit the car after it was parked.
He most likely glanced around and wound the drivers window up.

I have decided (for the umpteenth time) the suspect is male. Sometimes I forget it was the length of the stride that convinced me of this.

If it only took him 8 seconds to exit that car, then he left prints in that car. It takes longer to wipe down the steering wheel, shifter, mirrors, door handle, seat lever, and outside door. I think LE has a partial print

Mystery: Did you count the time or look at the running clock? I'll tell you why. I actually looked at the clock, and it appeared to me to be either one minute or three minutes ( I couldn't tell if the clock was 56 minutes or 58 when the car arrived). don't forget, that is not a continuous tape. It was stopped, and re-started once the POI got out of the car. Correct me if i'm wrong about this.

left

Funny you should mention that...because when I was playing with that photo...I thought the same exact thing! He even walks like a taller, male person!

That is another thing the re-enactment would show.

The average lenght of a stride between someone short, average, tall, and between woman and men. Plus, the amount of time.

I think that walk is a man's, I agree

PLus, how many woman actually steal another woman? The astronaut tried, and failed.

left

Good point about the prints. He didn't appear to be wearing gloves and didn't have time. Hmmm...I bet they do! Without a person to match it to tho...doesn't do much good. Stands to reason they would have other evidence from the car, too.

There aren't many women stealing other women unless you count the ones who take pregnant women. The others are usually only helping a man kidnap a woman.

I think it is a man and yes..I would bet my house on it now! LOL

I was counting from when the car stopped and the figure emerges. I was using the one hundred and one, one hundred and two method.

I cannot guarantee the accuracy though. My son has a doctorate in math but his old man has trouble with the times table. lol

I'm happy enough though, living in my own little world. :)

I was counting from when the car stopped and the figure emerges. I was using the one hundred and one, one hundred and two method.

I cannot guarantee the accuracy though. My son has a doctorate in math but his old man has trouble with the times table. lol

I'm happy enough though, living in my own little world. :)

Or you could use...One One Thousand, Two One Thousand. LOL I count richer than you do! >wink<

Surely, you could google in second hand clock and find one on the net to count with...if you want to be more accurate that is! I think your guestimate is pretty good without it. Basically around ten seconds to walk away. Doesn't leave any time to clean the car.

Okay left, SS, UK, ES and all others............ I believe we have just about nailed the suspect as being male and between 5' 5" and 5' 10" tall.

The next challenge is to establish the crime scene. At the current rate of progess and with the the information available we should nail that in the early part of 2011.
I hope I'm not being too ambitious here. :)

Seriously though this case is tough; really, really tough.

Law Enforcement has described this "suspect" as being 5'3"-5'5".

If You or Someone you know has any information about the kidnapping
of Jennifer Kesse, please call the tip line.

1-407-772-2162 or 1-800-423-TIPS (8744)

There is a One Million Dollar Reward for Jennifer's Safe Return.

~

We know the suspect drove her car into HOTG.

Did he drive it out of Mosaic?
If he did where was Jennifer?

Did Jennifer drive out of Mosaic with him in the car with a gun?

If none of the above who drove what where?

Well, LE have had 16 months to speculate on the new video.

When you think about it, with all the technology available, you would think they could get the height a bit closer than the guestimate of 5'3" to 5' 5".

As left has suggested they could have had people of various heights walk past the camera and then analyze the results.
And that is just for openers.

Someone suggested that this height for males equals about 5% of the US population.
If this is the case 95% of the male population is eliminated immediately.

Why hasn't this case advanced from where it was 15 months ago?
I'll tell you why; that poor quality video is all they have.

Well, LE have had 16 months to speculate on the new video.

When you think about it, with all the technology available, you would think they could get the height a bit closer than the guestimate of 5'3" to 5' 5".

As left has suggested they could have had people of various heights walk past the camera and then analyze the results.
And that is just for openers.

Someone suggested that this height for males equals about 5&#37; of the US population.

Why hasn't this case advanced from where it was 15 months ago?
I'll tell you why; that poor quality video is all they have.

Exactly. If LE has the exact height, then shouldn't it be described as 5"4 1/2. by using a range, you are admitting it is an estimate, and not a science.

With today's technology, why doesnt' LE have the exact height, the exact weight, the exact shoe size, and whether it is male or female.

Why are they certain on one, but, have no clue on the other's?

I sure hope LE isn't eliminating people soley on height. If so, kiss this case good-by

What if someone is 5"7, confesses, has a fingerprint in JK's car, and leads LE to a body. does that mean LE is going to automatically eliminate them as a suspect? Will the DA say, he is too tall, let him go?

Having someone walking down a street is not the best method to determine height. Every time I get tested, they usually have me stand on a scale, take off my shoes, and raise the metal bar. Heck, the POI wasn't even standing upright, he or she was walking, with their legs bent. HOw does one measure this?

That height is an estimate, a best guess. Nobody had the POI stand on a scale, and raise the height adjustment, and declare the height.

It was an estimate, and the video shows how they came up with the estimate. It is probably accurate, but nothing in this world, other than death and taxes is 100% guaranteed, and that is a fact.

Not only that, but for the height test to be accurate, LE would have needed to have the exact spot the POi was walking, the exact angle of the POI's legs, and to compensate for the POI's hat or helmet, not to mention the POi's shoes. So, how they were able to get it within two inches is amazing to me.

left

Law Enforcement has described this "suspect" as being 5'3"-5'5".

If You or Someone you know has any information about the kidnapping
of Jennifer Kesse, please call the tip line.

1-407-772-2162 or 1-800-423-TIPS (8744)

There is a One Million Dollar Reward for Jennifer's Safe Return.

~

Yes, Drumstick...but LE could be quite wrong and that would be doing an injustice to this case.

Regarding the $1,000,000 reward for Jennifers safe return.

Why not drop a zero and make it $100,000 for Jennifer's return; period.
Or even pay it for information leading to Jennifer.

You never know, there might be a result.

Someone suggested that this height for males equals about 5&#37; of the US population.

I can assure you that with years of an open border, our population in the US has changed dramatically.
In Fl, we have the potential for a Hispanic majority in almost every county. How many are illegal? Millions.
They fly under the radar and unless they are arrested we have no record
of them in this country.

The FBI is responsible for entering fingerprints and dna into the national data base. Have they entered this information in a timely fashion?
We're still waiting for a response.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=3245601&version=4&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

<FOX 35 has learned Orlando police have fingerprint and possible DNA evidence from inside Jennifer Kesse's car. But so far that evidence does not match anyone in criminal databases.>

~

We know the suspect drove her car into HOTG.

Did he drive it out of Mosaic?
If he did where was Jennifer?

Did Jennifer drive out of Mosaic with him in the car with a gun?

If none of the above who drove what where?

In my first theory, Jennifer was grabbed first and taken to an apartment at Mosaic. The car was then moved and kept in a garage there until he took it to HOTG at noon. Now...let me shoot a hole in my own theory here. From what I saw at Mosaic's website..there are very few garages and he would have had to risk being seen driving into and out of a garage there in broad daylight. Not very likely.

Next theory, he grabbed her (if inside the apt...he would have to know where and what her car was) and forced her into her car...then he drove out of Mosaic presumably with a weapon since she wasn't heard screaming or fighting him (no sign of a struggle). He took her to an area relatively close because he was to be at work probably 7 am if he worked construction. That would leave little time for him to secure her enough for him to leave until after 5 pm which is why I say they were close to Mosaic still. So does he take her car then to work...or has it been hidden in another building or location? He drops the car off during lunch and walks back to work.

So far, we haven't established a reason for Jenn to be already IN her car and driving anywhere..so I would say it is a long shot she was carjacked.

How about the poi wasnt working or was working without time constraints?

They could easily take the morning off and nobody would know if they were working unsupervised which would be the case of someone self employed.

E.G decorating a condo on their own (mosaic or nearby)

My original theory was that Jennifer was abducted between leaving her apartment and getting into her car and then forced to drive somewhere at gun point, the perps residence perhaps or somewhere quiet/remote, woods etc.

He then restrains her or whatever else and then drops the car and heads back to where he was supposed to be that day(somewhere in the vicinity of Mosaic) dropping the car off on the way.

My second theory is that he abducts her and takes her to another condo to restrain her, when he realises the heat is on he moves the car to HOTG but has to get back to Mosaic because of course thats where JK is.

However having thought more based on the general consensus of opinion the very latest that JK was abducted was approx 8am heading out for work so that leaves a 4 hour window minumum to the car being dumped at HOTG.

Would a perp be brave/stupid enough to abduct someone and hold them yards away in the same complex for 4 hours?
Surely he would know the heat would be on within that time, its a hell of a risk to take.

How we he know LE wouldnt search the whole complex for a start?

I am more convinced now that JK was abducted and forced to drive/or driven to another location(not far away due to the fuel consumption)

He then heads back when he has he either restrained her or I hate to say it disposed of her body.

My gut feeling unfortunately is that JK was no longer alive at the time of dumping the car at HOTG.

If he had abducted and just restrained JK then I feel he would have disposed of the vehicle quicker perhaps within an hour and then returned to her.

The window of time is sadly the compelling factor to me here.

I pray not.

Here's another hat (beret) that I found. I am wondering if there could have been a knock on Jennifer's door by someone who identified himself as "security" telling her that she had to move her car. If so, this would account for the guy in the video looking like he has on a military "uniform" and a "beret."

d95e_1.JPG

from this auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Police-Security...ryZ11682QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

surv1.bmp

If in fact LE does have DNA and prints from that car, that is excellent news.

On the other hand, it proves that "video" should have been released a year ago, instead of last week. There is enough evidence for prosecution, so the video is not as important to be confidential. PLus, finding JK is paramount, not prosectution. Prosecution is second.

That video is not going to prosectute anyone, but, it may give the public a better look at someone. And more importantly, show the public that "jk was abducted and someone else drove her car last, and the POI is that person"

I sure wish it was that clear last year. Who know's, maybe somebody knows the POI, but was reluctant to call them in, since they were only walking by, or because they just weren't 100&#37; certain it was them (due to the hat, location, other things, height)

I agree with UK that Jk may have been forced to drive, while the POI held a gun on her or something. However, it didn't appear the POI had a weapon or anything on him, but, then again, he could have stopped at his home, changed, and dumped the car.

left

Today is a perfect example of what could have happened to JK

My friend's condo is getting fitted for Verizon fiberoptics. So, yesterday, a "24 hour notice" was put on her door.

today, different contract workers, who each have keys to her apartment are going in and out all day to wire the complex.

If such a thing, such as the alarm company, happened, at jK's, that contract worker would have been able to "copy" that key, gone through her condo, known she lived alone, maybe even met her, etc.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, would expect or be able to place that worker at JK's, if he came back a month later and waited for her.

And we wonder why we don't have safety in the U.S. This is a perfect example, of how many people go in and out of condo's, apartments, etc, and are simply forgotten by residents, and would never be noticed by family, friends, or neighbors.

Sure, it probably wasn't this type of situation. But, if you include these type of workers, the moving company, cable installers, maintenance, telephone, alarm, tile, carpet, etc, who is going to remember all these people when they were probably only on site for a day.

left

...Sure, it probably wasn't this type of situation. But, if you include these type of workers, the moving company, cable installers, maintenance, telephone, alarm, tile, carpet, etc, who is going to remember all these people when they were probably only on site for a day.

left
I think that it is entirely possible that someone duped Jennifer or it could have been any of these people. However, I don't understand why they removed her from the crime scene, so to speak. I think that the crime happened by her car.

Remember the Dru Sjodin case. If I recall correctly, she was leaving work and was on her cell phone when approached by a man in the parking lot near her car. I believe that he forced her into her car at gunpoint or knifepoint, made her drive somewhere, raped (I assume) and murdered her, dumping her body. I believe that they later found her body and successfully prosecuted the perp.

Anyway, I'm assuming that she was abducted in the morning on her way to work. The baffling thing to me is the perp returned her car. Why did he do that?? Why didn't he just leave it where it was or dump it away from her complex? There has to be a reason for this. Could it be as simple as he worked in the area and just drove it there as a means of transportation to work that day (like saving on bus fare)?

Speaking of that, I wonder if there is a way to check monthly bus fares and to see if a person who normally rode the bus every day didn't ride it this particular day.

Forgive me if any of my posts sound farfetched. I am of the mindset that all brainstorming, no matter how pertinent or impertinent, may be useful.

Nan

All of your ideas are quite good ones. We each have different life experiences, and that is good that we can all disagree, or come up with different scenarios. It is a positve.

If we all agreed, then it would mean we have "tunnel vision", and not be open to any other idea.

AS for taking JK from the crime scene, one simple answer, DNA. I don't want to get more explicit, but DNA is possible. Especially if the perp. is in the DNA database, or knows about police work.

The Dru Shodin, wasn't she attacked at a mall or something. I think that is the most likely scenario. I really do.

However, I am stumped the car was found so close to Jk's condo. Maybe the perp. lives in that general area, or had his car parked at Mosaic.

The reason I keep coming back to Mosaic, is simple. JK had complained that she didn't feel safe. Put on top of that, she thought someone was trying to get into her apartment, her car was found so close to Mosaic, and the dog tracking the POI back to Mosaic (I know Drumstick does not agree with the dog evidence), all the break-ins at Mosaic, and that is why I keep mentioning it.

But, given that nobody recognizes the POI, your theory is very, very logical.

If you are right, it does not bode well for the case. Stranger on stranger attacks are very difficult to solve.

AS for the bus passes. I don't know where you live. but, where I live, getting information of who used their pass, and who didn't is impossible. In my area, you are not required to punch in your pass, simply show it to the driver or train operator.

JD may have something about the car being parked on a bus path. However, is he suggesting the dogs were incorrect, or what. Plus, most malls have bus terminals, at least where I live. Couldn't the POI simply have walked across the street to the mall to catch the bus?

left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members