Lisa Stebic-Plainfield, IL mother of 2 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone wants to find something to discuss because the news has slowed to a crawl. Again, I think the firewood is a non issue. But since everyone seems to wonder about it, the wood (logs, larger than any trees he would have had in his yard because the neighborhood is only around 8 years old) is stacked in the driveway, not the yard. It is in front of one side of the garage, but remember, he only has one vehicle now, so he doesn't need to go in and out on the other side.

The wood was probably dropped off and stacked in the driveway, or he picked it up and put it in the driveway, preparing to take it with him up to the cottage. He wouldn't put it in the yard because he would have to move it farther, plus he would kill the grass for no reason. Why do twice the work and kill the grass if he is taking it with him up north?

Or, he may have a Weber fireplace for his backyard to sit around the pool at night with a bondfire. The fire pits are very popular in the area. Many people have them and have wood in their yards.

I want to have news to talk about too, but this is just firewood IMO.

I agree, CloseObserver. Probably just firewood for the fireplace or outdoor fire pit. And probably just dumped there until he has time to move it elsewhere.

It's really tough sitting here waiting for something to give. It's pretty obvious to all on this board what happened to Lisa. That makes the waiting game more difficult as LE gathers whatever evidence might have been left behind. Perhaps B'fly's post and message to LE will help - we can only hope so!

I just don't understand what kind of human being can go on living his life after doing something like this! Yes, there are bad people, and then there are BAAAAAAAAD people!

It wasn't about the firewood...it was the fact that B Fly mentioned CS's comment about the woodchipper and someone else mentioned JS's treetrimming business. I wondered if the wood was related in some way to either is all.

Ha! here it is, exactly as I remembered. The link in the post no longer works where the rumor was originally posted and then this poster on ctv brought it there. Thanks to Amy for finding it, I couldn't. I also had gone to the link and read that post but the forum was taken down shortly afterward.

neighborette

You know their are many people claiming to be psychic, just for the money, if they can guess right they can make more money from the publicity. There is also a few special people in this world, with that talent. People always expect them to perform at 100% and everybody on this earth is wrong about something or another at some point in time. I don't think it is way off ! I think its a matter of the right person for the job! Not some mail order/ internet psychic. I have seen first hand some amazing psychic work, you have to get the right person.

So any way I found something about lisa DNA blood on a meat grinder used to make dear sausage on another posting site

http://www.topix.net/city/plainfiel...g-for-3-days/p2

Who knows how much truth it holds, after reading it I thought what would you do ground meat. Feed it to the dog?

It wasn't about the firewood...it was the fact that B Fly mentioned CS's comment about the woodchipper and someone else mentioned JS's treetrimming business. I wondered if the wood was related in some way to either is all.[/QUOTE

Yes that was the whole point and since most of us aren't local we have no way to know if Craig's father does have a wood chipper. Craig seemed very confident in making Lisa disappear and she hasn't been found.

He seems a bit too confident? YES! His divorce attorney presenting that Lisa abandoned her children and Craig asking for full custody is far over the line of confidence, I would say.

I so agree SS! There's so much of a ring of truth to the wood chipper story because it isn't the first time Craig spoke this way. As if he had thought about it and planned it out for some time, yes indeed!

strach,

Your link wouldn't work to the comment about Lisa's blood in the meat grinder. Says page not found.

strach,

Your link wouldn't work to the comment about Lisa's blood in the meat grinder. Says page not found.

Ha! here it is, exactly as I remembered. The link in the post no longer works where the rumor was originally posted and then this poster on ctv brought it there. Thanks to Amy for finding it, I couldn't. I also had gone to the link and read that post but the forum was taken down shortly afterward.

neighborette

You know their are many people claiming to be psychic, just for the money, if they can guess right they can make more money from the publicity. There is also a few special people in this world, with that talent. People always expect them to perform at 100% and everybody on this earth is wrong about something or another at some point in time. I don't think it is way off ! I think its a matter of the right person for the job! Not some mail order/ internet psychic. I have seen first hand some amazing psychic work, you have to get the right person.

So any way I found something about lisa DNA blood on a meat grinder used to make dear sausage on another posting site

http://www.topix.net/city/plainfiel...g-for-3-days/p2

Who knows how much truth it holds, after reading it I thought what would you do ground meat. Feed it to the dog?

In my opinion, which I am entitled to, I think there is more to the wood and the wood chipper story. You do not stack wood/logs in front of your house, blocking one side of your garage in the middle of summer. If they were cut down in the back yard, then why not leave them there for a fire pit? Why would someone haul that much wood/logs to MI in a pickup, weighing it down when gas prices are so high and you supposedly have no income? It may not mean anything, but it is pretty damn weird.

Also, most associations in this neighborhood are very strict about what can and cannot be in the front yard -- such as, no boats, no "PODS" for over 24 hours -- we can't even leave the brown bags we put our grass clippings in out in front unless it is trash day.

I can't tell anything about his backyard. It is fenced, but looks to be a normal lot size. The front yard is small.

Hi Puglet,

I doubt that those logs were cut from trees in his yard. The neighborhood is relatively new and any trees are barely more than twigs. Those logs had to be delivered, if they look anything like firewood. Maybe Daddy Dearest delivered them? If they don't have a fireplace, maybe there is a Mexican chiminea in the yard?

I am just sick over this whole situation - why don't they get this guy, already???

Bfly, do you remember if your uncle said Craig told him that a year ago or last year? It's been reported that Lisa told him she wanted a divorce in December. I doubt that he had no clue his wife wasn't happy with him until December. How would one even start a conversation with a co-worker about how they would kill their wife? He must have had this plan well beforehand.

In my opinion, which I am entitled to, I think there is more to the wood and the wood chipper story. You do not stack wood/logs in front of your house, blocking one side of your garage in the middle of summer. If they were cut down in the back yard, then why not leave them there for a fire pit? Why would someone haul that much wood/logs to MI in a pickup, weighing it down when gas prices are so high and you supposedly have no income? It may not mean anything, but it is pretty damn weird.

Also, most associations in this neighborhood are very strict about what can and cannot be in the front yard -- such as, no boats, no "PODS" for over 24 hours -- we can't even leave the brown bags we put our grass clippings in out in front unless it is trash day.

I can't tell anything about his backyard. It is fenced, but looks to be a normal lot size. The front yard is small.

I don't disagree with you that a wood chipper may have been involved...who knows. And I don't disagree with you that it is a little weird to stack logs in your driveway for an extended period of time, although I don't consider this to be an extended period yet. (Perhaps he is just a bit lazy and hasn't moved it yet, or again, maybe he is taking it.)

I can tell you though, that the wood in the driveway likely has nothing to do with a wood chipper. The logs are too large to run through a chipper. And the logs didn't come from his back yard, or his yard at all. They definitely came from outside the neighborhood and delivered by either himself or someone else. Also, it is not entirely weird to get a log delivery in the summer. I once got a half a cord of logs in the summer because someone chopped down a tree and the price was right. Maybe he got it for free. I've also got wood for free before when a friend cut down a tree and he didn't want to pay to have it hauled away. Many possibilities on the wood.

I can also tell you that there is no association in Nature's Crossing (which is the neighborhood C.S. lives in, not Walker's Grove as some of the articles state). It is not at all unusual in this neighborhood to have gravel, sand, mulch, bricks, and other landscaping items delivered in the driveway and left for a period of time. While there is no association, Plainfield ordinances say you can't put your garbage, or lawn bags out until the day of pick-up, but that is pretty much ignorded. People leave lawn bags out here from weekend work until Thursday pick-up...4-5 days.

Here are the things that bother me the most:
1. Lisa's family is so quiet. Where's the Denise Brown (OJ case)
2. Why is nobody pressuring the Plfd Police to make progress, or at least criticizing the case and lack of progress?
3. Why can't they find a way to talk to the kids? (I understand the legality issue, but what circumstance, i.e., being named a person of interest, would allow the Police access.
4. Why isn't CS, or anyone in his family trying to help solve the mystery?
5. Why can't anyone confirm if J.S. actually owns a tree service business?
6. What happened to the FBI? Are they still working on the case?
7. Can the police or FBI confirm if it was Lisa's blood on the tarp? So far, the only confirmation was from an un-named source of someone working on the investigation...i.e. an unofficial leak.
8. How are those poor kids coping? Are they getting counseling?
9. How long until the house goes into foreclosure? What additional impact is that going to have on the kids? Will they then move in with J.S.?

This is so sad, not much happening on this case (at least, not that we are aware of). It seems so cut and dry - CS did it! Why the long wait? Those poor children! This is awful! We really need a break here.

Lisa Too, I agree why the long wait? We must stay strong. Keep printing flyers, talking to anyone who will listen, and those who wont, write letters to the press. Letters to the mayor of plainfield, and the police chief asking for updates. These I believe are things we can do to keep the search alive.

strach,

Funny, my mother and I were talking about this over the weekend, and in the past I have compared CS to my stepfather.
My stepfather had an industrial strength meat grinder and would comment on how it could grind up bones. My mom always said if she comes up missing to check the meat grinder for her DNA. (no joke)
Did the Stebics have a dog?

Doesn't sound that way to me Lisa. The article is making it clear that they both had access to the computer and with the fees LE are paying that's an angle they are investigating. They want to see what else they can find and just maybe they can prove Lisa didn't post that ad by getting the time and date and proving Lisa was else where when it was done and if it was placed from that computer.

ETA: Remember SP researching tides and currents for S.F. Bay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd