LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think LE probably had better images in the actual footage (video) and could actually see the bed cover which is why they described it as such. The sequence is creepy. And confusing. Time stamps would really help. I see 2 different trucks.

I think LE probably had better images in the actual footage (video) and could actually see the bed cover which is why they described it as such.

Probably. Though they may have seen it wrong, too. I was driving behind a truck earlier and I was eye-level with where a bed cover would be. I thought it had one, but it was really just an illusion from seeing the sheet metal under the back glass. And I have good eyesight.

Edit: I could be very wrong though. I'm not convinced it doesn't have a bed cover but I think it's a possibility.

Someone asked if she got a text as well. There was an interview in which BW said she received a text after the call, But I cannot remember which one

It was me that asked -- thanks. I thought I remembered that, but just wanted to make sure I didn't make it up!

I was posting in reply to someone who had asked if she received one or two phone calls -- I was saying, just one but I thought also it was said she received a text somewhere in the same time frame.

Probably. Though they may have seen it wrong, too. I was driving behind a truck earlier and I was eye-level with where a bed cover would be. I thought it had one, but it was really just an illusion from seeing the sheet metal under the back glass. And I have good eyesight.

bbm: Yep, I'm wondering if one reason all this truck stuff is so confusing for US is because it has been hard for LE to decipher, as well -- and then factor in being filtered through MSM to us and it's a recipe for confusion.

ummmmmmm, i have a question...is that cemetary in the photo's of the vehicles - Cathedral Cemetary ??

ETA: I'm asking because that's where Brettly's bike was found when it when missing. Is Cathedral also known as St John's Cemetary?

Snoopster... JMO but in pic #1 and #2 the black car on the left is the same in both
pics... while in pic #2 the white car on the left is gone.
thank you!

The page is still goofy - now it's a little to the left.

1:31:00 - Last activity on Mickey's cell

17 mins later MS is on her bike near gas station waiting to cross over Univ. onto Landry Street

1:48:00 - Mickey on video stopped near gas station

1:49:38 - Car travels on University toward Landry Street/turns onto Landry

1:51:27 - Image of white truck captured going away from Landry on Univ.

What did the people in the car see and is the white truck the same truck that was captured on video in the same spot Mickey was last seen on video.

Could the white truck have taken her in a matter of seconds? Or is LE asking the people in these vehicles to come forward if they witnessed anything that may have involved another white truck.

Night all. If they release more pictures tomorrow, I hope they do it early in the day when it's easier to focus. Wishing for answers and most of all for Mickey's safe return.

Originally Posted by wfgodot in a previous thread

Off-topic, but love that Boston terrier avatar.
Thanks, wfgodot, I, myself have been admiring yours as well for quite some time. Bostons rock!
I will admit that Piglet is not a fan of Websleuths like her momma.....She thinks I spend far too much time on here!!

I see it is St John's Cemetary and I need a local to tell me if this is where Brettly meant his stolen bike was found when he said it was found in the bushes at Cathedral Cemetary.....

Would that not be too strange if she disappeared that close to where his missing bike was just found (approx May 9th!)

Is St John's aka Cathedral Cemetary?

(Makes good sense (good good sense) since it's next to The Cathedral of St John the Evangelist.)

Apparantly another girl went missing....
This is from Find Mickey Now fb page
"My ex is missing too she was reported missing at 4pm today"

Apparantly another girl went missing....
This is from Find Mickey Now fb page
"My ex is missing too she was reported missing at 4pm today"

His 'ex' is missing. I hope he has a good alibi.

Let me try to get everything straight in my own thick head here once and for all.

The truck we saw yesterday facing the opposite direction from the way MS was seen facing, that is truck 1. truck 2 is the new picture of a truck that was released today and is facing the same way MS was seen facing. These two trucks are the same truck. I think this - do others agree?

There is a third picture of a truck. That truck is a different truck altogether - I think using the numbers is messing me up. Two trucks, three pictures. Truck 1 is the one we knew about yesterday and truck 2 we learned about today. There are two pictures of truck 1.

I brought some pictures forward as well as the article from the Advertiser that, unless there is a new article in your post above, made nothing clear to me based on the way it is written.

I started out thinking truck 1 & truck 2 (both at the same intersection but changing directions/Circle K truck) were one truck, and the one NOT at the intersection (on University) was different. Then someone's post made a good argument they were all the same and I changed my mind. Now, I have changed my mind back! SAME truck at the intersection (by Circle K/Gas station). DIFFERENT truck on University. No visible gas cap on University truck, while there is on Circle K truck (or some large dark spot). Circle K truck looks dirty, University truck does not. Upon further inspection, I don't think Circle K truck has a cover on the back. I think all of that reflection that makes the back end so hard to see is from the streetlight shining into the white truck bed. Also agree with another poster that University truck looks a little smaller.

I see it is St John's Cemetary and I need a local to tell me if this is where Brettly meant his stolen bike was found when he said it was found in the bushes at Cathedral Cemetary.....

Would that not be too strange if she disappeared that close to where his missing bike was just found (approx May 9th!)

(Makes good sense (good good sense) since it's next to The Cathedral of St John the Evangelist.)

Yes, this is St John cemetery; that is the back side of it that borders on University. The front, much nearer to Ryan St and BW's home, fronts on St John street. I assumed the bike was found near the front area when I read about it.

I am not sure where BW's bike was found, but I believe the cemetery is St. John Cathedral Cemetery. St. John = cathedral

I have been thinking the same thing! If whoever took Brettly's bike is
responsible for taking Mickey as well???
I doubt his bike was dusted for prints!!!

ETA:
BW bike in cemetary a sign of what was to come???
Naw! can't be!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member