UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Susans brother is going to be on Fox News after the commercial! Have we heard from him before?

By no means am I sticking up for Josh with what I am about to type. I think, in my opinion, he is guilty, guilty, guilty.
I just don't find it that odd he kept checking on her while she was eating. Didn't someone say that if Susan was at their house, Josh would soon follow? Maybe he just didn't like being out of the loop of conversation or worried she was talking about him.

Kirk Graves says not unheard of for Josh to go camping....ugh....couple had problems but things getting better. His wife and Susan are close. Oh! He's the brother-in-law....stupid FOX! We've heard from this guy already!! Susan might have gone for a walk!!! He's acting as the spokesperson for the family.....he knows nothing....

I hope Susan's father listened to what Pat Brown said on the Today Show. I can't tell if her father is defending his SIL by design or he's in complete denial?

Missing woman's dad doubts son-in-law hurt her

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9038562

I would imagine it's a little of both SuziQ.

To suspect the husband is to admit his daughter is no longer alive. That's the worst case scenario. As long as she's just missing, there's still a chance she can walk back in the door.

Remember how Sharon supported Scott for so many weeks? When she realized he'd been having an affair, she KNEW Laci was dead and she fell apart. She layed in bed for a week and no one could console her. They had the detectives over talking to her, even the LE chaplin......then she was able to deal with it, but still, the day they went to tell her the bodies in the Bay had been identified, or was it they'd found the bodies? Anyway, she saw the detectives walk up to the door and she wouldn't answer their knock. They finally had to go around back to get her to talk to them.

No..............I believe he KNOWS, he just doesn't want to admit it. PLUS, he wants to find Susan. One way or the other, he wants her home. :(

JMHO
fran

Regarding Josh starting a new job, I'm not sure if that's true or if that's rumor. I know someone has been commenting on various news stories claiming he currently works with Josh and has for some time.

I would imagine it's a little of both SuziQ.

To suspect the husband is to admit his daughter is no longer alive. That's the worst case scenario. As long as she's just missing, there's still a chance she can walk back in the door.

Remember how Sharon supported Scott for so many weeks? When she realized he'd been having an affair, she KNEW Laci was dead and she fell apart. She layed in bed for a week and no one could console her. They had the detectives over talking to her, even the LE chaplin......then she was able to deal with it, but still, the day they went to tell her the bodies in the Bay had been identified, or was it they'd found the bodies? Anyway, she saw the detectives walk up to the door and she wouldn't answer their knock. They finally had to go around back to get her to talk to them.

No..............I believe he KNOWS, he just doesn't want to admit it. PLUS, he wants to find Susan. One way or the other, he wants her home. :(

JMHO
fran

I agree, its a little of both. LE would want Susan's dad to continue to support the knowledge that she is a missing person rather than dead, to keep Josh from thinking that he is the POI - to prevent him from fleeing or doing something else outrageous (like taking off w/ the children, suicide, homicide) before the arrest can be effected.

Kirk Graves says not unheard of for Josh to go camping....ugh....couple had problems but things getting better. His wife and Susan are close. Oh! He's the brother-in-law....stupid FOX! We've heard from this guy already!! Susan might have gone for a walk!!! He's acting as the spokesperson for the family.....he knows nothing....

I love how the perps defenders always twist the truth a bit. No one is doubting that Josh goes camping. Most likely I camp more than he does, but not in the dead of winter! What they are doubting is him camping with his two little boys, after midnight, in a snowstorm, in sub freezing temps.

Graves has been grating on my nerves since he did that silly presser with Josh standing next to him like a department store dummy. Graves said he wanted to put the speculation to rest, but offered up nothing to accomplish that. We were expected to do that cause he said so. Then threatened to end the presser when the media started asking logical questions.

Yeah I'm not liking this guy. I think I get a glimpse into what that blog was referring to regarding the horrible in-laws.

OT but it needs to be said, Thank you Patty for your hard work and getting the videos up for us. It is a tremendous help when we are sleuthing :)

Back on topic. You know the police are on him like white on rice. Following his movements and listening in on phone calls.

Guessing that Susan's dad doesn't want to alienate his SIN which is why won't say what he is really thinking.

my guess......FIL wants the grandsons!!! smart guy!

I love how the perps defenders always twist the truth a bit. No one is doubting that Josh goes camping. Most likely I camp more than he does, but not in the dead of winter! What they are doubting is him camping with his two little boys, after midnight, in a snowstorm, in sub freezing temps.

Graves has been grating on my nerves since he did that silly presser with Josh standing next to him like a department store dummy. Graves said he wanted to put the speculation to rest, but offered up nothing to accomplish that. We were expected to do that cause he said so. Then threatened to end the presser when the media started asking logical questions.

Yeah I'm not liking this guy. I think I get a glimpse into what that blog was referring to regarding the horrible in-laws.
ITA with everything you said, Q! Graves gives me nausea. :sick: Also this graves guy... would he be Josh's sister's husband???? Most obviously this CANNOT be Susan's brother!~ I wonder why we have not heard from Susan's Sister in the media? That would be one telling interview if it happens

ITA with everything you said, Q! Graves gives me nausea. :sick: Also this graves guy... would he be Josh's sister's husband???? Most obviously this CANNOT be Susan's brother!~ I wonder why we have not heard from Susan's Sister in the media? That would be one telling interview if it happens

Kirk Graves is married to Jennifer Powell Graves, Josh' sister.
They both have a Facebook page.

From upthread (forgot who asked)...
Susan's sitter/Nanny Debbie got worried when the boys didn't show up for daycare and started calling. When she got no answer from Susan or Josh, she started to call the emergency contact... which by locality would be Josh' family. They reported the family missing.

At that point, they were all afraid the family was overcome by carbon monoxide.

Police broke the window, and the rest is reported.

Pretty far drive in 10 degree weather with blowing snow to test a generator with two very tired and very young boys. If you zoom in on the terrain.. wow. That's a crazy story. No way. I have been to Utah and that desert area is so vast. Also there are springs that this place he claims he went to. Water may be where she may have been disposed of.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=6245+Sarah+Cir,+West+Valley+City,+UT+84128&daddr=Simpson+Springs&hl=en&geocode=FQTRbAIdwGdS-SkxFWGWXY1ShzGBufqnCRHCgw%3BFcHlYgIdaRJH-SkJxxtP7LCygDF6MWmId2qPVQ&gl=us&mra=pe&mrcr=0&sll=40.360802,-112.411352&sspn=1.008742,2.425232&ie=UTF8&ll=40.390489,-112.478027&spn=1.008303,2.425232&t=h&z=9

If the wet spot on the carpet is urine, I hope they test it for drugs.

Vomit stain/smell could hint of a need for medical care, but not for emergency care.

The same goes for urine, and other similar bodily fluid stains/smells... except for blood.

Blood could be the one thing that would hint of an accident serious enough to need immediate hospital attention.

This based on the statement quoted on news reports of someone thinking the stain made some believe there had been an accident serious enough to seek medical assistance.

JMO

Vomit stain/smell could hint of a need for medical care, but not for emergency care.

The same goes for urine, and other similar bodily fluid stains/smells... except for blood.

Blood could be the one thing that would hint of an accident serious enough to need immediate hospital attention.

This based on the statement quoted on news reports of someone thinking the stain made some believe there had been an accident serious enough to seek medical assistance.

JMO

BBM Fran is this on your list???
Where is Fran's list???

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4563424&postcount=872"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - UT-Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City[/ame]

I still feel this way, brought over from thread 1

FRAN's List
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4562189&postcount=743"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - UT-Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City[/ame]

can we add..........doesn't tell wife only guest about going sledding.......
wet spot in livingroom happened after guest left......
grandad Cox has only talked to grandsons on phone

any more add ons???

FRAN's List
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - UT-Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City

can we add..........doesn't tell wife only guest about going sledding.......
wet spot in livingroom happened after guest left......
grandad Cox has only talked to grandsons on phone

any more add ons???

yepperz -- this one

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4563766&postcount=8"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - UT-Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City; thread # 2[/ame]

and the fact that he was a no-show for his interview w/ LE yesterday -- it's been a friggin' *week* since Susan disappeared & he won't talk to LE-- apparently with or w/o an atty!!!

I think what people here have said about her father wanting to stay in the good graces of Josh is right. It makes me sick, but Josh, at least for now, holds the power to take two more people from Mr. Cox. If Josh decides his FIL shouldn't see the kids, that's his prerogative.

There's just no way an intelligent person, at this point, couldn't strongly suspect Josh to be responsible for all of this. But this poor man has to kiss Josh's butt, or he could lose much more than his daughter.

There was a case here last year - SuziQ will know of it - where the husband gunned down his wife, on her birthday, in front of her mother, in a church parking lot. Initially, the murderer's sister was all over the news, claiming her brother did it because he was on meds - meds prescribed by a doctor the deceased wife forced the murderer to see. In other words, at the end of the day, it was the victim's fault she was killed. DUH! Why wasn't that just, like, so clear, and stuff? Anyway, she and her other siblings were trying to get custody of the murderer's sons - they even went as far as kidnapping them from the maternal grandparents (they refused to return them after a visit); and the murdering husband took a plea and is currently about three miles from me, hopefully enjoying the fruits of male prison sex. In that case, the maternal grandparents ended up with permanent custody of the little children. I only hope this eventually follows the same path.

FRAN

after eating dinner (Josh prepared) wife gets sleepy and goes to bed while her friend is there still working on crochet project. 5pm Utah time

A new article about the Today Show story:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34428565/ns/today-today_people/

Regarding his daughter’s marriage, Cox told Morales: “I knew they had their ups and downs. It’s my knowledge everything was going well.” He said he’s spoken to his grandchildren, but does not know if they’re staying with their father or with another relative.

BBM. How sad!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member