GUILTY NC - Eve Carson, 22, UNC student, shot to death, Chapel Hill, 5 March 2008 - #2

the defence were right in the fact that most of states witnesses excepting LE have criminal records, and long records often involving drugs and violence, many are getting something in exchange for there testimony, especially the witness who was a double felon and would have been looking at probably doing a life sentence if he was charged with helping the defendants dispose of the gun, instead he got use immunity,

the ex girlfriend of the co defendant did well as a witness, her only mis step (she was very well coached by the state, one of the best coached witnesses I have yet to see) was that she just couldn't admit to giving her son a blunt to smoke and videoing it, she was so smartly coached that the question that was the most difficult to deal with was smoothly answered, the one where defence asked her if she threw any part of the gun away and she answered not that I remember, very clever lawyering as state knew the witness immediately after her was a witness who was going to say she threw a part of the gun away

thus she did not say no she said I don't remember,

I expect defence are gearing up for Atwater, if they can't damage him in front of jury then the fat lady has already sung, as all the other witnesses are just icing, Atwater is the cake, if jury believe him there is no where else for defence to go

I think that when they turned into hillcrest...Eve knew she was going to get killed and tried to make a run for it. No other explanation for her being shot in her right buttocks unless she was running from them. She fought even after being shot 4 times and Atwater then shot her in the face. They are both heartless thugs.
There is a video on Youtube of a younger Atwater rapping....shows the useless life he was leading and is mostly about shooting people. It is under Demario Atwater TRU if you can stomach watching that guy.

Thanks for sharing this, Lori59. I may watch it eventually, just don't want to give Atwater's rap vid a 'hit' during the trial. Maybe next week, or the next..... It makes me sick to my stomach to think about Eve's fright at the hands of these <modsnip>. My imagination got the best of me when I read the autopsy report and I find it difficult to type what I was thinking about her being shot in the buttocks.,ie, trying to get away.

Not only are these thugs heartless but they also lack a soul. :furious:

MOO

wm

Just got my answer. Geesh these people are scary. :innocent:

Yeah, they are. It's such a contrast -- Eve's best friend was a fellow Morehead Scholar. Another of her friends -- the one with whom she went to Cuba -- was also a Morehead Scolar, IIRC. Justin Singer, another of her roommates, seemed like an up-and-coming young man. All of them appeared to be truly first class young people.

Atwater's and Lovette's friends/girlfriends whom we saw on the stand -- each of them had rap-sheets. Drug dealers, thieves, or both. Not unexpected, but it's just a side of life that is very unfamiliar to most of us.

Birds of a feather.

No question she is back there. Whether the figure we see in the photo is her or the doesnt really matter. I'm 100% positive she is back there. Why else would Atwater be in the backseat? Plus, they wanted her there to make sure they could get money out. Once they knew they had the PIN and it worked, only then did they decide they didnt need her anymore. They could have just driven her to a remote place and dropped her off, and that would have given t hem sufficient time to get away. But no, I think they wanted to shoot her.

They HAD to shoot her dead. Leave no witnesses. She would have easily been able to identify them, even if all their time "together" was in the dark, or semi-darkness. That was what Lovette knew worked for him and his robberies -- find'em, rob'em and kill'em. Just a matter of next time and place for him and wrong-time, wrong-place for poor Eve. Makes me wanna holler. Ohhhh, stomach-churning. Unnecessary and so very, very cruel.

If Atwater & Lovette had been hiding behind that sorority-house dumpster the whole time Caroline Harper was in her car so that she would not have seen them, I firmly and totally believe she would be dead today, and only Lovette's and Atwater's victim would have been different -- nothing else.

the defence were right in the fact that most of states witnesses excepting LE have criminal records, and long records often involving drugs and violence, many are getting something in exchange for there testimony, especially the witness who was a double felon and would have been looking at probably doing a life sentence if he was charged with helping the defendants dispose of the gun, instead he got use immunity,

the ex girlfriend of the co defendant did well as a witness, her only mis step (she was very well coached by the state, one of the best coached witnesses I have yet to see) was that she just couldn't admit to giving her son a blunt to smoke and videoing it, she was so smartly coached that the question that was the most difficult to deal with was smoothly answered, the one where defence asked her if she threw any part of the gun away and she answered not that I remember, very clever lawyering as state knew the witness immediately after her was a witness who was going to say she threw a part of the gun away

thus she did not say no she said I don't remember,

I expect defence are gearing up for Atwater, if they can't damage him in front of jury then the fat lady has already sung, as all the other witnesses are just icing, Atwater is the cake, if jury believe him there is no where else for defence to go

I hope the PT is able to get Atwater to testify as well. I heard one little dribble that they may not be able to get him from California -- I don't know why it was said.

I would like to hear the details of the kidnap & murder and Atwater could surely tell it. I don't think he would have any particular loyalty to Lovette -- not if the PT helped Atwater get to another prison, or get a better prison "job" or maybe let him have special visitors while he is back in NC, etc., etc. And I know he is a very bad character, but I'd sure love to hear what he has to say. You'd think that since he's already pleaded guilty and has a sentence, he would just lay it out for the world to see.

I hope the PT is able to get Atwater to testify as well. I heard one little dribble that they may not be able to get him from California -- I don't know why it was said.

I would like to hear the details of the kidnap & murder and Atwater could surely tell it. I don't think he would have any particular loyalty to Lovette -- not if the PT helped Atwater get to another prison, or get a better prison "job" or maybe let him have special visitors while he is back in NC, etc., etc. And I know he is a very bad character, but I'd sure love to hear what he has to say. You'd think that since he's already pleaded guilty and has a sentence, he would just lay it out for the world to see.

maybe he won't testify at all

I've been re-reading the testimony on the bullets and and the shell casings, and the autopsy about the wounds to Eve. Here's one scenario:

3:30am (approx) - Eve is kidnapped along with her ATM card and her phone... They also pick up her laptop and Justin Singer's IPOD

3:55am - First withdrawal for $600.00 is successful at the BOA ATM at University Mall.

3:58 - After trying all sorts of amounts for w/drawals, finally a 100.00 w/drawal is successful. (Withdrawal limit for the day reached)

4:00 - Final and unsuccessful w/drawal attempt at Univ. Mall

Travel to Northgate Mall in Durham -- According to google maps, the trip from Hillcrest to Northgate Mall in Durham takes 21 minutes.

4:44 - Unsuccessful 200.00 w/drawal occurs at Northgate Mall in Durham.

Travel back to C. Hill.

5:08am - 911 Call received from Marilyn Lane to report hearing a woman's scream and shots fired. Minutes later, Eve's body is found.

Shell casing recoveries and path of bullets:

Four .25 cal. casings recovered at the murder scene at Hillcrest. One shell casing inside Eve's car. (!) (There is what appears so be a thru & thru bullet hole found in Eve's laptop -- IIRC, the laptop was left in her car).

A thru & thru bullet hole in Eve's right shoulder. Entry is back to front.

A bullet hole found in Eve's right buttocks. Entry is from behind her.
------------------------------------------------------------

I think some kind of struggle or an attempt to escape from the car occurred, possibly when the were in the Hillcrest area. Maybe she thought
the dark neighborhood was a bit too far off the beaten path, so she panicked. Maybe the guyz said something or asked her to get out of the car. Maybe she tried to grab the gun from Lovette... Who knoze?

I think a shot was fired by Lovette (?) while he was still in the car, and the bullet did not hit her. (Shell casing found in car). Maybe she held the laptop up and it took the shot and just did not hit her???

Then somehow, he was able to get off a shot at her buttocks or her right upper arm (both these wounds were back-to-front) while she was on the run, making her scream in pain and/or as a cry for help. A tuft of what was probably her hair was found "two feet behind her" on the roadway. Did Lovette or Atwater pull her down by her hair, thereby pulling out a tuft of hair??

Just thinkin'

Any other ideas about what happened that awful morning?

I dont think they knew microphone was on. lol! Now we are waiting for a witness!

Good Morning, Sleuthers! :seeya:

We are live and waiting for a witness to arrive, according to Judge Baddour. Court is at ease until witness appears. Hmmmmmm, wonder who??

Witness has arrived, but there is some kind of probably technical problem with something -- now waiting for more help on whatever it is....

Good Morning borndem!

Um, while we are waiting I just want to share with y'all that I think I have an ole Lady crush on the Judge, LOL! ***fans self***

SBI Agent Cohn looks toward the jury when answering questions. She seems pretty sharp!

Arrgh! I lost my wireless signal! Can somebody tell me if a bullet casing was found inside Eve's vehicle?

Good Morning borndem!

Um, while we are waiting I just want to share with y'all that I think I have an ole Lady crush on the Judge, LOL! ***fans self***

I know what you mean, Matilda!!! Apparently it is a very common phenomenon. I have had two crush-lets on judges in other trials, even tho I am very happily married!!! And I agree, Judge Baddour is quite a cutie.

In the Conrad Murray Involuntary Manslaughter (of Michael Jackson) trial, quite a few of us had a crush on the Deputy DA and/or on the Judge.

In the Bradley Cooper 1st-Degree Murder (of his wife, Nancy) trial, we even named the ADA, "McDreamy." How's that???!!!

So, you have joined the club!!! ..
icon10.gif
icon12.gif

I've been re-reading the testimony on the bullets and and the shell casings, and the autopsy about the wounds to Eve. Here's one scenario:

3:30am (approx) - Eve is kidnapped along with her ATM card and her phone... They also pick up her laptop and Justin Singer's IPOD

3:55am - First withdrawal for $600.00 is successful at the BOA ATM at University Mall.

3:58 - After trying all sorts of amounts for w/drawals, finally a 100.00 w/drawal is successful. (Withdrawal limit for the day reached)

4:00 - Final and unsuccessful w/drawal attempt at Univ. Mall

Travel to Northgate Mall in Durham -- According to google maps, the trip from Hillcrest to Northgate Mall in Durham takes 21 minutes.

4:44 - Unsuccessful 200.00 w/drawal occurs at Northgate Mall in Durham.

Travel back to C. Hill.

5:08am - 911 Call received from Marilyn Lane to report hearing a woman's scream and shots fired. Minutes later, Eve's body is found.

Shell casing recoveries and path of bullets:

Four .25 cal. casings recovered at the murder scene at Hillcrest. One shell casing inside Eve's car. (!) (There is what appears so be a thru & thru bullet hole found in Eve's laptop -- IIRC, the laptop was left in her car).

A thru & thru bullet hole in Eve's right shoulder. Entry is back to front.

A bullet hole found in Eve's right buttocks. Entry is from behind her.
------------------------------------------------------------

I think some kind of struggle or an attempt to escape from the car occurred, possibly when the were in the Hillcrest area. Maybe she thought
the dark neighborhood was a bit too far off the beaten path, so she panicked. Maybe the guyz said something or asked her to get out of the car. Maybe she tried to grab the gun from Lovette... Who knoze?

I think a shot was fired by Lovette (?) while he was still in the car, and the bullet did not hit her. (Shell casing found in car). Maybe she held the laptop up and it took the shot and just did not hit her???

Then somehow, he was able to get off a shot at her buttocks or her right upper arm (both these wounds were back-to-front) while she was on the run, making her scream in pain and/or as a cry for help. A tuft of what was probably her hair was found "two feet behind her" on the roadway. Did Lovette or Atwater pull her down by her hair, thereby pulling out a tuft of hair??

Just thinkin'

Any other ideas about what happened that awful morning?

From today's testimony the .25 caliber wounds occured before the shotgun wound. I think you are right. She was trying to escape. OMG how horrific!!:furious::furious::furious:

Arrgh! I lost my wireless signal! Can somebody tell me if a bullet casing was found inside Eve's vehicle?

Yes -- but not in this trial, IIRC, thus far -- there is film of Atwater's pleading and receiving his verdict. The mention of the shell casing found in the car occurs at 30:27 in the video cited below:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/7659432/#/vid7659432

I don't recall that piece of info being mentioned so far in this trial.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back