Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some odd reason I was not able to get the link to work

Way weird. Sorry about that! I went to CNN and clicked "South" and then channel kjrh. I wonder..

www.kjrh.com

Okay, that link to channel works. Hit news and the story of these angels should come up. Sorry for any problem!

I agree.

Well now we know that Taylor and her sister (?) have at least 2 brothers, JC and Willey. They have at least two sisters in law, KK and Touia. Their parents are called Bud and Drag. (Er . . . maybe I'm just too suspicious, but are those names not drug references?) They have an Uncle Tony and a cousin Nita. Plus the other aunt and uncle from the news stories, Joe and Nell Mosher.

I think Bud and Drag look like Peter and Vicky Placker, the grandparents. Maybe it's just a family resemblance.
I believe Bud and Drag ARE Peter and Vicky which sound to me like Biker names. Yes, Nita looks to be in jail. No, Uncle Tony's photo is not from inside jail.

I don't think for a minute that Peter is involved with LE because it is pretty common to see hats like that around here. I think if that were the case, it would have come out by now and he would not have been wearing his hat to advertise it either.

I have not heard anything about a dog being with them at all.

ETA: Correction about Joe. Thanks, Steadfast. :)

Joe Mosher is Skyla's uncle not Taylor's uncle.

I believe Bud and Drag ARE Peter and Vicky which sound to me like Biker names. Yes, Nita looks to be in jail. No, Uncle Tony's photo is not from inside jail.

I don't think for a minute that Peter is involved with LE because it is pretty common to see hats like that around here. I think if that were the case, it would have come out by now and he would not have been wearing his hat to advertise it either.

I have not heard anything about a dog being with them at all.

No, he's Taylor's uncle.
On Tuesday morning, Taylor's uncle, Joe Mosher, drove up to the makeshift memorial at the place the bodies were found. Yellow crime scene tape had been torn away and thick patches of grass were matted down.
A rosary hung from a branch, and stuffed animals and a bouquet of flowers just beginning to wilt formed the grim reminder of innocence lost.
"It's the most tragic thing that I've ever seen," said Nell Mosher, Taylor's aunt. "They were just two precious little babies; they were good girls."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080610/ap_on_re_us/girls_killed

The story also has an international element as well. Okfuskee County Sheriff's Deputies say they've received calls from Scotland Yard in England offering assistance in the investigation. Of course, the FBI and U.S. Marshals have also offered aid.

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=8464424

I say call in Scotland Yard myself!! They offered! Wow!

No, he's Taylor's uncle.
On Tuesday morning, Taylor's uncle, Joe Mosher, drove up to the makeshift memorial at the place the bodies were found. Yellow crime scene tape had been torn away and thick patches of grass were matted down.
A rosary hung from a branch, and stuffed animals and a bouquet of flowers just beginning to wilt formed the grim reminder of innocence lost.
"It's the most tragic thing that I've ever seen," said Nell Mosher, Taylor's aunt. "They were just two precious little babies; they were good girls."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080610/ap_on_re_us/girls_killed
:) OK. I give. In the initial interview, they put his name up as Skyla's uncle so I guess it was a mistake. I tried to find it to take a shot of it..but lots of video since then.

Agents looked into a tip this morning that someone reported a pickup full of boys were in the area around the time of the killings.
"We contacted those individuals, and yes, they had a shotgun," Rosser said. "They told us they were down there shooting, just like they would have been on any Sunday. There's nothing to indicate that they are suspects."
http://newsok.com/investigators-say...-girls-slaying/article/3255944/?tm=1213212603

I wonder what he means by "yes, they had a shotgun." It could mean that they had a shotgun, which was NOT one of the murder weapons. Or it could mean, yes, they had the same kind of gun as the murderers.

:) OK. I give. In the initial interview, they put his name up as Skyla's uncle so I guess it was a mistake. I tried to find it to take a shot of it..but lots of video since then.

Yeah, I've noticed information is changing some, as usual. I always swear that I will save and index every article I come across on a new case that I obsess over, but I never know I'm going to obsess until it is too late!

I wouldn't think they used a shotgun on the girls and LE wouldn't take their gun for testing. I would imagine that the murder weapons weren't shotguns anyway. Hard to shoot multiple times in a short amount of time.

That would be normal for a group of boys to have a gun there shooting at logs in the water or setting up beer cans for target practice.

Yeah, I've noticed information is changing some, as usual. I always swear that I will save and index every article I come across on a new case that I obsess over, but I never know I'm going to obsess until it is too late!
I know the feeling.

I still am surprised that the only coverage we are getting locally is on the regular news and by the time it rolls around...Fox, CNN, and Headline News is so far ahead of them that it is a waste of time to watch. Sad really. Here this happened in our backyard and they treat it like it was no big deal. I guess the OSBI was thanking OKC's media for their coverage.

I hope they question that pickup full of boys with a shotgun who were down there shooting. Maybe they had more than a shotgun they were shooting.

"The girls had walked to a bridge along the dirt road, which is a popular gathering place for residents in the rural county, which is about 90 miles east of Oklahoma City. "We're not sure whether it was somebody passing by," Ross said. "It's an active area for people to throw from the bridge, shoot from the bridge."
http://newsok.com/clues-sought-in-slaying-of-girls-in-weleetka/article/3255420/?pg=1

If it was such a popular gathering spot, it's a wonder no one saw anything out of the ordinary. Even a car that was not local would be noticed in such a remote area. I'm beginning to wonder if it was local boys who did it to. Anyone who the girls would have been able to identify. Gunshots were common place in that area, so people wouldn't have thought much of it. Two different guns would most likely be 2 different shooters. I doubt somebody would go wild west style with a gun in each hand. They'd have to be a good shot. The girls could have been cornered and then shot by more than one person. Someone local who would know the roads well. Or at least someone who used to be local. I'm really thinking they need to question that pickup truck of boys and whoever else hung out there that day.

Multiple shots to heads and chest ... IMO this is beyond a thrill kill!

Agents looked into a tip this morning that someone reported a pickup full of boys were in the area around the time of the killings.
"We contacted those individuals, and yes, they had a shotgun," Rosser said. "They told us they were down there shooting, just like they would have been on any Sunday. There's nothing to indicate that they are suspects."
http://newsok.com/investigators-say...-girls-slaying/article/3255944/?tm=1213212603

I wonder what he means by "yes, they had a shotgun." It could mean that they had a shotgun, which was NOT one of the murder weapons. Or it could mean, yes, they had the same kind of gun as the murderers.

Hmm thanks for the link SF.

Now that is what I call a huge coincidence, huh?

So they were in the area when the crimes were committed.

They were shooting weapons at the time.

They had a shotgun..

Well how does LE know that is all they had?

So two guns used, maybe two gunman. They need to have every gun in the county brought in for examination.

I'm leaning toward a thrill kill.

I am too. This sounds like boys gone wild mainly because of the multiple shots. The children were dead after the shots to the head. Why multiples? Almost like video games where thrill is obliterating the target.

The boys in the truck with guns in the area need to be looked at hard and long. This area is so rural that it is unlikely the perps just happened to be there at the same time as the girls.It takes locals to even know where to go. JMO.

I'm watching Fox23 Tulsa and they just said that AMW is in Weleetka filming and plans to feature a segment on Saturday.

Per Greta, both girls were shot in the face and both were found in the ditch. :(

Greta also reported that LE is looking for 2 suspects.0

I had read they were shot in the face too, but it was only one paper and didn't want to post something so gruesome w/o confirmation....now it's been spoke again. How awful for 'dad' granddad to come up on that.

Sending strength and peace to all involved.

The police are searching around for clues in classmates' conversations on different websites. I'm sure they're looking for teen gossip to see if they know anything. Sorry no link because info is in a local paper that demands a subscription. GRRR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow