CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a precious little guy!

I don't like this story and I do not believe it for a minute. Sure hope I am wrong and Hassani turns up, but how many times have we had to hope this? If he got out of the car, someone has to have seen him. I am wondering if he was ever in the car to begin with.

Why didn't this go to the trouble of taking Hassani in the store with he and the sister? Never mind, I think I know why.

Nancy is questioning if anyone knows for sure that the boy was ever in the car. A reporter is saying that sources close to the case are saying that there is no reason not to believe the foster dad's story at this point.

I'm going to have to disagree - there's plenty of reason not to believe this guy's story.

They towed the BMW away, I'm assuing a lot of testing will be done on it.
I'm wondering how long it has been since this boy has been seen by anybody other than the foster father?

VB

I pray that I'm wrong, but this appears to be another case of a child reported missing to cover up what really happened. This type of crime seems to be escalating. Seems to me you only heard of this a few times a year. Now it's a weekly event.

story is not making sense.

I hope my suspicions, similar to others who are posting here, are wrong.

There's a discussion of this going on in the Missing/Discussion thread. Maybe we should go over there since this looks to be ongoing.:grouphug:
Quoting to "bump" your post!

I went over there to the other forum!

OMG..... When I read this, such a strong spasm of pain across my heart.....(memories of Christian Ferguson, also disabled, who went missing under very similar circumstances in 2003 in my area (and is still missing and presumed deceased because of his medical condition ...) :(

This poor little baby!!! Praying :praying:for a miracle and that he's found safe!

I will say this tho - I've a lot of experience with disabled children (my son was disabled) - and these children, probably because they have to depend upon others more - and are exposed to many more caregivers in a lot of cases, can be more trusting of those around them. Many of these sweet angels have very sweet and open personalities. In our case - my son could not walk - and my greatest fear was that I'd get carjacked or something and he would not be able to escape (yes, a mother's overactive imagination) - so I made *sure he had a whistle handy - to blow whenever someone he did not know approached him and he was unsure. No - he never had to blow it - and yes - this would not have worked if someone he trusted approached him and tried to do him harm..... :(

Ya'll are right - the story does not make much sense as told. Even with braces, it seems he should have been carried to that door instead of left in the car.......if, he ever was in the car in the first place - - - something, does not add up....... {{{{{{ I HATE THIS }}}}}

I'll have a hard time sleeping tonight unless I know this little one's ok!

I'll send prayers asking my Mikey :angel:to help us find him and watch over him......and send more for little Christian as well.....

story is not making sense.

I hope my suspicions, similar to others who are posting here, are wrong.
I hope my suspicions are wrong too, but I'm just not seeing anyone abducting a special needs child who is visibly physically impaired (wearing leg braces), not being seen doing it, and not taking the BMW. :waitasec: MOO

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/08/11/BASU19716O.DTL&tsp=1

The man told police that he had been preparing to drop Hassani off and left the boy in the car as he unlocked a door to the store, authorities said. When the man returned to the car, Hassani was gone.

Police used search-and-rescue dogs into the evening but couldn't find the boy. The BMW was towed as evidence.

This is begining to sound very doubtful. This article says that LE even searched the roof of the building. Doesn't seem like they think this adorable child just 'wandered off'. :(

The entire story makes no sense at all and reminds me of little Jada Justice being left in the car. :(

I hope my suspicions are wrong too, but I'm just not seeing anyone abducting a special needs child who is visibly physically impaired (wearing leg braces), not being seen doing it, and not taking the BMW. :waitasec: MOO

I agree.
But, what if it was one of the bio parents ? Do we know anything about them ?
NG kept saying the foster father left him in the car.
What if bio mom or dad was following, saw he was left alone and grabbed him.
IDK, that scenario is the only one that gives me any hope.

The area of the Shuz Shoe place seems to be a busy area if I am looking at the right place. The story as presented does not appear to add up as somebody probably would have seen something - IMO.
And a busy store too: YouTube - Shuz of Rockridge

Attachments

• 6012 College.png
    6012 College.png
    753.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Shuz of Rockridge.png
    Shuz of Rockridge.png
    177.6 KB · Views: 21
Hassani:
I think I am with the majority in that:
1. Why not park in front of the store, where NG says there was no curb?
2. Why park in the back?
3. If he was leaving the child with the aunt, why not take him on into the store?
4. An abductor would take that BWM.
5. If there was a SO who would take Hassani, what, they just happened to be there and grabbed him out of the car and took off in a matter of what, two minutes?
6. Do a lot of foster dads have BMW's?
No, I am not disparaging foster families, it just is I have rarely known one who had a BMW. If they had a special needs child, they would have a van.
ot: I was a case manager for many years.
7. So, why wasn't the aunt the foster parent?
8. Did the foster father and the aunt live together?
9. Where are his parents?
10. Who saw him last?

I hope the car turns up forensic evidence.
The search dogs did not.

Alright, I'll say it.
Bathtubs do not fracture skulls.
Falling out of bed will not cause a spiral fracture.
Cars do not eat children when we aren't looking.

All of these excuses are old and hackneyed.
Although, I will wait for confirmation on the full story, because as of right now, he may have gone missing from a family friend, a foster dad, his own dad, or simply a make caretaker, depending on whom you listen to. He may have been on his way to see his mother or his aunt depending on the source. I want to see what the settled story is when everyone has sorted out their sources.

Personally, I think they took the car more to make sure that Hassani was ever in it in the first place that day.

I agree.
But, what if it was one of the bio parents ? Do we know anything about them ?
NG kept saying the foster father left him in the car.
What if bio mom or dad was following, saw he was left alone and grabbed him.
IDK, that scenario is the only one that gives me any hope.
It's as good a theory as any! It would also explain why LE doesn't seem to be suspicious of the foster dad, but at the same time impounded the car. MOO

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=6959546

When asked during a media briefing Tuesday if there was any reason to believe the boy had been harmed, one police sergeant said, "We don't have any specific facts to lead us in that direction but we're not discounting that as a possibility."

Police say Hassani lives in Fremont where he is being raised by his aunt and her fiance. They are both foster parents to Hassani and his 1-year-old sister. The childrens' biological parents live in the Bay Area and police say they have been contacted at this point.

Police also said that the boy's foster father is the only person who says he saw Hassani behind the store Monday evening. No other neighbors in the area say they saw Hassani there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes