Emergency custody papers filed by mother of JI's son 11/14/11

not much is KNOWN about the lives the children actually had.

That the neighbors think that drinking outside the house from 6:30 on through the night without even checking on 3 young children, including a sick infant, is being a NORMAL FAMILY might speak of the neighbor's low standards OR to the fact that they didn't know anything either and just assumed that no deaths so far equalled "normal".

It's hard to know what goes on behind closed doors.

I just don't understand how when we hear things that are against Deb, some people believe it 100% even if it's rumour - but if it's anything good, even if it's from the same source, they discard it.
Jeremy has lived there for many years, his son, all his life, which would mean same school, same neighbours - I think if there was an issue with their lives, it has been pulled apart, analyzed, questioned and...so far so good!

DB bought the wine and brought it home about 5pm, I doubt she was "black-out-drunk" after the first glass, or the second. chances are if she was "black-out-drunk" that would not have occurred until nearer the end of the visitation with SB, which was about 10:30pm.

I never said she was black-out-drunk after the first glass. Or the second.

Deborah Bradley told NBC's "Today" show Monday that the night her baby, Lisa Irwin, disappeared she had bought wine and consumed "enough to be drunk."

I didn't have to say anything - Deborah Bradley told me she drank enough to be drunk!

She admitted to possibly being black-out drunk!

Did the alcohol cause her to black out? "It's a possibility," Deborah Bradley tells Fox News Channel.

Is this enough to take the young boy out of the home and place him with his biological mother.

In the words of Deborah Bradley --

Possibly!

MOO

Mel

This could force info from LE before they want to share it. I would say definitely the boys interviews for sure. I can't imagine any judge simply handling over an 8 year old from a father that has already been granted custody and has just had his baby girl kidnapped. Certainly not without speaking to the child. I think this is just being selfish on the mothers part. That child has dealt with more than enough at this point. This mother lost custody of her child and for whatever reason, she has not seen him for years. How is it that Deb should be screaming and crying and causing a fuss to find her missing child, but RR doesn't need to make a peep to see her child that is right in her state???? I think some people are just wanting to hurt Deb so much that they aren't thinking how that same pain could be inflicted on the child also. Normalcy??? I have not heard anyone say anything bad about the lives the children had. IIRC Jim Spellman said last night that he spoke with many neighbours and they were considered a normal family. I can't even fathom that little boy being taken from his norm and forced to live with someone who has not made ENOUGH (or any) effort to see him. 15 more minutes if you ask me!!!:maddening:

I can't imagine a Judge not taking into consideration the safety and well being of an 8 year old child that was left in the care of someone who admitted to being drunk and possibly blacking out and due to the neglect and irresponsibility of the caretaker of the 8 year old boy, an 11 month old baby is missing with no clear evidence as to being kidnapped or murdered. JMO.

One thing we DO know is that the woman who cares for this child when his father is working drinks to the pass out point from 6:30 on without supervising three children she is responsible for.

Now I want to know a little about the bio mom's standards.

THEN I can make a more reasoned determination.

......WITHOUT the emotional baggage of WHATEVER went on in the PAST!

I can't imagine a Judge not taking into consideration the safety and well being of an 8 year old child that was left in the care of someone who admitted to being drunk and possibly blacking out and due to the neglect and irresponsibility of the caretaker of the 8 year old boy, an 11 month old baby is missing with no clear evidence as to being kidnapped or murdered. JMO.

Everyone is innocent till proven guilty in a court of law. As of today, DB/JI are not responsible for their daughters disappearance. That's what a judge will take into consideration.

One thing we DO know is that the woman who cares for this child when his father is working drinks to the pass out point from 6:30 on without supervising three children she is responsible for.

Now I want to know a little about the bio mom's standards.

THEN I can make a more reasoned determination.

......WITHOUT the emotional baggage of WHATEVER went on in the PAST!

Depends if this is a trend. How many time has DB done this (get drunk)? You can just pick one instance and say 'take the kids out of there'. A lot of parents are going to lose their kids if thats the case.

not much is KNOWN about the lives the children actually had.

That the neighbors think that drinking outside the house from 6:30 on through the night without even checking on 3 young children, including a sick infant, is being a NORMAL FAMILY might speak of the neighbor's low standards OR to the fact that they didn't know anything either and just assumed that no deaths so far equalled "normal".

It's hard to know what goes on behind closed doors.

So true, so true. The Penn State tragedy is absolute proof of that!

I just don't understand how when we hear things that are against Deb, some people believe it 100% even if it's rumour - but if it's anything good, even if it's from the same source, they discard it.
Jeremy has lived there for many years, his son, all his life, which would mean same school, same neighbours - I think if there was an issue with their lives, it has been pulled apart, analyzed, questioned and...so far so good!

Keep in mind that he has NOT always lived there WITH this particular woman being responsible for caring for his son. That is fairly recent. The neighbors do not live within the home. They would know little more than BTK's neighbors knew of him, or John WayneGacy's neighbors knew of him. I'm betting there are details of Deb's life and situation the neighbors did not know until it broke in the news.

About the drinking thing, I don't drink much my dad was an alcoholic though so I have 2 comments about the drinking thing. First if Debbie is a huge drinker the police will know because the older kids will tell them. If she has been an unfit or neglectful parent trust me the 8 year old is old enough to understand and would not want to be there. I think if CPS isn't involved then they have no evidence that there is neglect in the home ( and yes there has to be more then just drinking going on for cps to act, I went through it with my dad.)
Second I have drank before and I know sometimes you get to talking with friends, your drinking and smoking next thing you know your drunk. It happens. She may not have realized how much she had drank, it might not have been habit for her to drink like that, and that may be why she says she might have blacked out but isn't sure. I have done it before, I have had a couple beers been talking and just fine next thing I know I stumbling around and way more drunk then I thought. Its actually one of the reasons why I really don't drink now or if I do its only one, I just can't handle it. Debbie might have had to learn this lesson in a really hard way I personally was lucky to realize it before I had a child. Its not abnormal for parents to drink at home with kids in the house, I see it all the time. Its not abnormal for people to go outside and smoke and chat, if they are smokers and don't do it in they're house. I am sure they at least went inside to use the bathroom and knew the kids were ok.

Depends if this is a trend. How many time has DB done this (get drunk)? You can just pick one instance and say 'take the kids out of there'. A lot of parents are going to lose their kids if thats the case.

More parents SHOULD lose their kids.

Then maybe there would not be so many dead kids due to neglect.

This is not about Deb getting drunk one time. It is about her being drunk outside the house and not even bothering to CHECK on 3 children in her care from 6:30 on.

More parents SHOULD lose their kids.

Then maybe there would not be so many dead kids due to neglect.

Not everyone is a bad parent either despite what appears on the surface. It's easy to throw stones when you don't know someone.

I think people who put a lot of weight on DB getting black out drunk have never been on babycenter. Go read for a while, see how many moms do extremely questionable things while their children are in their care. Nothing surprises me anymore.

While I personally feel it's irresponsible and poor parenting, I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority. Getting drunk, stoned, high, etc is all pretty common place for moms. Please don't think I'm generalizing that ALL moms do this, but I think for those of us that don't and would never dream of doing it, it's hard to imagine how common it is.

Well, if that little boy is taken away because Deb drank and someone kidnapped her child, then anyone who is a deep sleeper, who takes sleeping pills or any meds to sleep need to have their children taken away??? What? If Deb or Jeremy did something to little Lisa, I would be concerned. But we don't know that Deb's drinking that night had anything to do with Lisa being missing. FBI and/or LE would absolutely have children services in that home if they thought there was an issue. I haven't seen or heard anything about Deb being neglectful to her children. Teachers, neighbours, doctors...someone would speak up! Sorry, but there are hundreds of thousands of parents who drink and their children don't get kidnapped.

This is not about Deb getting drunk one time. It is about her being drunk outside the house and not even bothering to CHECK on 3 children in her care.

And that is based on WHO exactly? Hearsay from a neighbor? How do you know she couldn't see them from the door? How do you know she didn't go in the house to go to the bathroom?

We imply an awful lot based on very little factual information.

I think people who put a lot of weight on DB getting black out drunk have never been on babycenter. Go read for a while, see how many moms do extremely questionable things while their children are in their care. Nothing surprises me anymore.

While I personally feel it's irresponsible and poor parenting, I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority. Getting drunk, stoned, high, etc is all pretty common place for moms. Please don't think I'm generalizing that ALL moms do this, but I think for those of us that don't and would never dream of doing it, it's hard to imagine how common it is.

All the more reason why we, as a culture, must set the bar higher, must insist on a better standard of care for our innocent and vulnerable children.

People who won't take care of their children shouldn't have them.

Everyone is innocent till proven guilty in a court of law. As of today, DB/JI are not responsible for their daughters disappearance. That's what a judge will take into consideration.

Yes, the Judge will take into consideration that an 11 month old child went missing while in the care of DB. JI's 8 year old son was also in the care of DB, who has admitted she was drunk and possibly passed out, leaving the children unsupervised.

The Judge will not decide on guilt but will decide what is in the child's best interest. I don't know enough about the bio mom to pretend what is best for this little boy. I hope and pray that the Judge is offered enough evidence to convince the Judge to place this child where he will be protected and loved.

Yes, the Judge will take into consideration that an 11 month old child went missing while in the care of DB. JI's 8 year old son was also in the care of DB, who has admitted she was drunk and possibly passed out, leaving the children unsupervised.

The Judge will not decide on guilt but will decide what is in the child's best interest. I don't know enough about the bio mom to pretend what is best for this little boy. I hope and pray that the Judge is offered enough evidence to convince the Judge to place this child where he will be protected and loved.

I think it's pretty irresponsible to say the boy is not being protected and loved now when you don't know what goes on in that house on a regular basis. Just mentioned above, but what if DB was blacked out due to Ambien? Or some other prescription drug? Does that change the 'neglect' aspect then?

This is true but how many of those parents had a child go missing while they were passed out drunk?

I know a lot of you (general) do not like DB. But I do not believe that her being outside while her kids are inside is considered leaving them unsupervised.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back