LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first time posting. I am an avid road cyclist cyclist born and raised in both South Texas and Louisiana. I consider Lafayette my home town. I currently live in Dallas.

From the beginning, this case caught my attention b/c of my knowledge as a female street cyclist, a love of Lafayette, the fact that Mickey could be my daughter. As a young girl in Lafayette I rode and walked everywhere, and had a head full of platinum blonde curls.

Two days before they found her bike I woke up in a cold sweat. I saw the Whiskey Bay exit. I knew they would find her there.

Last night I woke up at midnight and had a sense of fear. I knew she was dead, I have known all along that they will release important info/or find her by Friday.

Let's see if this is true.- I dont mean to seem nutty, I have known stuff all of my life. Maybe it's part of my heritage, and a saving grace. It's kept me out of a lot of bad situations.

Here's my theory.

On the last camera, she is coasting or slowing down. This means she is either ready to turn, anticipating one, or resting.

Her body language does not say to me that she is ill or exhausted, just that of someone enjoying a ride. I am angry about the no helmet thing, it would have hidden the blaring fact that she was a girl, and possibly saved her life.

As someone who has been hit on a bike, you do not stay on and hang on. If a perp hit her intentionally to grab her, she would have flown in the air or over handlebars. She does not have clips on pedals to hold her in, and in high speed crashes they do not always hold a cyclist in.

The most common cycling injuries at low speed wearing no helmet are head injuries, broken collarbones, and what we call road rash. ( skinned knees etc)

It is safe to presume she had an injury,most likely a head injury. She would have been out if this is so. When I was hit, I was out for an undetermined amount of time. I wore no helmet in that collision.

If that is the case, It would have been easy to scoop her up, and grab her stuff. She would have not put up a fight at all.

I do not think this was an accident. A drunk driver would have plowed over her. The bike has what I consider insignificant damage, easily repaired by a local bike shop.

Even if I am wrong and she was using Brashear to get away, it was a bad choice, and on the wrong bike. ( too dark, too narrow, and a great place to end up hit or a target)

It's way too dark, and a single speed "city bike" is no match for a car. Even with a strong, seasoned cyclist standing in the pedals and riding like hell. I could go on and on about different scenarios that would have saved her, but until you are in that situation you do not know how you will react.

and it's not fair to assume what went through her head in those final moments, if anything at all.

I do hope she is found. I do know this me and Pinkie ( my road bike) will be doing a silent ride of our own down the route we think she took In the next week or so.

If nothing else to serve as a reminder that cyclists are not targets, and that Mickey matters and always will to Lafayette.

Babette (my Cajun girl name )

Try running these pictures through your head. That truck had to be first. Had to. He had to have stalked her from his rear view mirror for Gods sake. That is why she is not spooked. I would not be spooked by a car traveling ahead of me either; until they stop abruptly, 'making me' hit them.

Sorry, IMO not happening. At this point, it's obvious that if the white truck was following they weren't that close yet or it wasn't spooking her. I also don't see her following a truck that close where she would hit it on a bicycle.

It was my understanding that the picture of her passing on the bike was first, then the truck. I think it's really all hard to tell without timestamps. Wasn't her picture released first?

IMO, she was followed, if the white truck is the perp.

She was hit from behind. So the truck was following her.

Babs

Good morning, WS'ers. A new thread for a new day. Please move on over. I'll close this one in about three minutes.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7988807#post7988807"]LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #15[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen