TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This location makes for an easy grab and go. It would be quite possible for a person to grab a kid and load them up in a car and be out of state rather quickly with I20 being right there. Hope this one breaks soon so this little girl can come home!

IMO, it would be a better idea that the mother NOT be on the show tonight. I get a little worried when the time of events gets the brain working on the show.

ETA: Nancy was having a hard time with Monday Hailey went missing and Tuesday Hailey reported missing.

ya lost me Patty:waitasec:....nevermind...I saw you edited to add.

The public always indentifies with worried to death mom's. They pay attention. That's the goal. Get her pcitire out there and to bring her home. I think mom needs to do NG....and would be crazy not to!

We also have to remember that kids will often wear clothes underneath. So that they can just remove the top layer when they get wherever they are going. Teen girls do this a lot when their parents feel they are dressing too provocatively.

Not that I think Hailey did this, but teens do it all the time.

Just like some teens get straight A's and go to church every Sunday... with a hangover or after taking a pregnancy test, or both.

Again, I do NOT think that Hailey is a teen that was pretending to be a good kid while partying secretly. But teens do it ALL the time.

I definitely think she may have been wearing two layers of clothes (if she left on her own.) Even if it was just to avoid carrying some while walking down the street. Could take the sweats and t-shirt off when you got there and use them to sleep in that night.

Or, she could have just planned to wear her friends clothes.

I too would like to know how much SA's schedule varied that day, how common that was and why it happened. I also just really want them to polygraph him.

I really have my doubts on whether or not she walked out of that house at all. At this point that is not at the top of my list of likely theories. I am trying to support that theory... polygraphs and searches would really help me be more optimistic.

I have an Android phone and was able to read all of SA's MS comments. He's a little strange. A lot of ups and downs in his mood. Even if he was not involved, he does look like a psychopath to me with his blank stare and calm demeanor in the video.

JMO

I think there is a fear that NG will focus on why there was a delay in reporting her missing and not move on from that...we know why and Billie explained it, yet NG seemed to have trouble with the Monday and the Tuesday...keep on about it. We've all seen NG behave absolutely brutally to parents of missing or murdered children :(

I'm wondering if her parents knew about the sex offenders in the neighborhood and if they shared that information with their daughter?

I have some watchdog app on my iphone that alerts me whenever one moves in or out of my area. I promptly make my son look at the photos.
every little bit helps! My kid when he was 11 ID'd one I had shown him weeks prior .... working at our gas station.

Bivins said various alert systems are in place, and that plenty of other agencies are helping, among them the Texas Rangers, Mitchell County Sheriff’s Office, the Snyder Police Department, the District Attorney’s office and the Department of Public Safety.

“We have leads coming in left and right,” Bivins said Tuesday.

Anyone who sees the girl should contact their local police department immediately, Bivins said.

Lt. David Howard, a spokesman for San Angelo’s Police Department, said Colorado City police had not contacted them about Dunn.

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2011/jan/04/colorado-city-mobilizes-to-look-for-missing-girl/

I have an Android phone and was able to read all of SA's Facebook comments. He's a little strange. A lot of ups and downs in his mood. Even if he was not involved, he does look like a psychopath to me with his blank stare and calm demeanor in the video.

JMO

IMO they only look like that after they're caught and convicted. Prior, they can appear very charming!

First time poster- Long time lurker.

I know that it has been stated that the BF got to the house now around 3 something and then picked up the mother for work. Has anyone asked where he was during that time lapse?

I think there is a fear that NG will focus on why there was a delay in reporting her missing and not move on from that...we know why and Billie explained it, yet NG seemed to have trouble with the Monday and the Tuesday...keep on about it. We've all seen NG behave absolutely brutally to parents of missing or murdered children :(

That's her experience showing! How many "mom's BF's" have we discovered did horrible things to the mom's children? WAY TOO MANY!

Thank you to those people who took the initiative. :applause:

We have to remember these were civilian searchers and had no authority to go inside homes or anything.

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2011/jan/04/colorado-city-mobilizes-to-look-for-missing-girl/

Bivins said her disappearance was first investigated as a runaway.

Since no one knew where she was, now the police department is investigating the case as a missing person, Bivins said.

“There is no evidence pointing toward foul play,” Bivins said. “It’s just that nobody knows where she is at.”

“We have leads coming in left and right,” Bivins said Tuesday.

Andra Maxwell, one of Dunn’s teachers, said the search has been intense.

“Some of us parents kind of felt helpless,” Maxwell said.

The search began when a parent sent out a text message to other parents saying, “If y’all are ready to hunt, I am.” From there the parents went to the park, searching trees and the banks of the creek,
Maxwell said.

Flyers have been distributed from Big Spring to Fort Worth. “We’ve all taken stacks of flyers to every town we’ve been through,” Maxwell said.

The searchers also mapped the city into a grid and went door-to-door,
Maxwell said.

http://www.newswest9.com/Global/story.asp?S=13777726

for those interested, soulscape has posted in the case briefings section of the Forensic astrology thread on Haily's case. ((although discussion of the chart must be kept to that thread/forum))

Welcome to Websleuths, Fisherdog and CCMCO9!

How old is the mom?

What's with these women with young baby girls (13 is still a baby girl to me) dating younger, almost teenaged man? A 25 year old man is still pratically a teenager.

I don't like to judge people, but SA's myspace is disturbing. He is a HUGE horror movie fan and he posted this lyrics on his front page: "Relax...it's over,you belong to me,I fill your mouth with dirt Relax...it's over,you can never leave I take your second digit with me... Love... You are...my first,I can breath I find you fascinating You are...my favorite,lay you down to sleep It's all that I can do to stop...Love... So blue...so broken,paper doll decays I haven't left you yet So cold...subversive,your eyes are full of bleach Tomorrow,I will go away again...Love... YOU ARE MINE,YOU WILL ALWAYS BE MINE,I CAN TEAR YOU APART I CAN RECOMBINE YOU ALL I WANT IS TO COVET YOU ALL YOU BELONG TO ME I WILL KILL YOU TO LOVE YOU.(LOVE) "

Oh well, hope Hailey is safe.

He has two photos on his MS profile... one of him... and this: http://www.myspace.com/adkinsshawn/photos/21117#{"ImageId":583574}

A little scary. But I dont think we should be judging him just yet.

Any idea from which location the neighbor supposedly saw Hailey in the backyard?

It appears that the yard is not fenced, but has quite a few trees. At this time of year and based on the street view, it appears that there would not be any leaves on the trees. On street view, I do see a trampoline in the back yard, though I have no idea if it is still there. I can picture Hailey going out, on a nice day and laying on the trampoline and talking on the phone with a friend.

There also appears to be somewhat of an alley that runs behind the mom's house and divides the backyards of the houses on the next street over.

Front of House on News Report
BOstrandersHouseSC-1.jpg

Front of House on Google Street View
BOstrandersHouse.jpg

Side of House on Google Street View
BOstrandersHouseSide.jpg

Back of House on Google Street View
BOstrandersHouseBack.jpg

Alley Behind House on Google Street View
BOstrandersHouseAlley.jpg

I have assumed that Hailey left out the front door of the residence, as that would be the door that I would use to leave out to go to her dad's. However, do we know that for certain?

Maybe the family used the back door out of preference. However, I doubt it, as in both the street view (which is older) and the video from news reports, it appears that vehicles park in front of the house, but on street view, there is also a vehicle parked on the side of the house, so maybe they used both.

Did SA actually see Hailey leave and from which door and in which direction?

<snip>

“There is no evidence pointing toward foul play,” Bivins said. “It’s just that nobody knows where she is at.”

Bivins said various alert systems are in place, and that plenty of other agencies are helping, among them the Texas Rangers, Mitchell County Sheriff’s Office, the Snyder Police Department, the District Attorney’s office and the Department of Public Safety.

more here

I thought I would be the type of person to let a searcher come in my house and look in every nook and cranny. But now Im not so sure. Who are these people? Great way to plan a robbery.
When baby Shannon went missing in Chipley Fl. I had information for the detectives, they came to the house and sat on the couch, never asked to look around. Searchers dumped every trash can in Chipley I think. They wore red/yellow jackets. But would I have let a searcher in my house? I dont think so:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes