17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
HLN is reporting that Mark O'Mara is Zimmerman's new attorney. I have not heard of him before. Does anyone know anything about him?

I hope they have dotted every "I" and crossed every "T". I hope they've made absolutely sure that what they're doing is the right thing legally and not the right thing because of public opinion.

I think GZ was wrong in most of things he did that night in relation to TM but I want any justice to be fair and to follow the path of truth.

Here's a possibility. GZ is arrested and charged with XXXXX. He remains in jail, mostly for his safety at this point. I don't want the media following him around like a pack of wild animals. He makes his appearance in court. The court then hears his evidence and a decision is made. Frankly, I think a trial by judge would be the best at this point. Once those steps are followed, I think we'll know that justice has been done.

I firmly believe arresting him was the minimum that should have been done the night of February 26. If the judicial system can make it right at this point, I'll be satisfied. Maybe not happy with the verdict but justice will be done.

Oh good they are getting Congresswoman Brown to come over!

once the attorneys made such a public spectacle and got people riled up about whether GZ had fled and wouldn't be found etc. and then how they made fun of Trayvon's family and supporters. It seemed people were waiting patiently and then these two went out there ranting and got people all fired up. It may have served as an impetus to finish sooner rather than later.

I don't know if I agree with the above but found it interesting anyhoo
http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/state-attorney-make-major-announcement-trayvon-mar/nMXBW/

HI,

True, good point it's a different gun in the second vid, but the point is the stance not the power. Anyone shooting a gun with a strong recoil can lose control if they aren't careful, and the injuries would be as consist with a recoil and fall as with the attack as described if not more so.

A poor stance will affect accuracy and your followup shot if any. A loose grip can cause a "stovepipe" malfunction and allow the gun to shift in your hand making a followup shot more difficult. That 9mm parabellum round just isn't going to knock someone off their feet and to the ground. JMO.

I'd go, assuming I can get in and it's not private.

If you are a member, you can do the chat (in Java or mIRC). I have a link to do it from another case in Florida, but I can't recall where the directions are to do the WS chat room in serenity........need a mod to help with that possibly to let others know. It was REALLY busy there many many many days throughout the *other* trial - think that we may have more folks in chat after today as nice to see *instant* remarks vs. having to refresh etc. in the threads. Plus....the *rules* in chat are looser (yet it IS moderated)

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) -- A law enforcement official says that the shooter in the Trayvon Martin case will be charged with second-degree murder and is in custody.

The official with knowledge of the case says that the charge against 28-year-old George Zimmerman will be announced at a news conference at 6 p.m. Wednesday. The official says he's in custody in Florida but wouldn't say where. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he wasn't authorized to disclose the information.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-04-11-17-46-08

It does make me wonder if ACorey has uncovered some evidence that we haven't heard about.

I'm thinking the same thing. Maybe the autopsy has shown that his story is not true. This is what we always believed. He shot TM from afar (I'm just guessing this is the reason for 2nd degree murder). I hope she explains the reasoning behind 2nd degree instead of Aggravated manslaughter.

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) -- A law enforcement official says that the shooter in the Trayvon Martin case will be charged with second-degree murder and is in custody.

The official with knowledge of the case says that the charge against 28-year-old George Zimmerman will be announced at a news conference at 6 p.m. Wednesday. The official says he's in custody in Florida but wouldn't say where. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he wasn't authorized to disclose the information.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-04-11-17-46-08

I think it was Tallahassee where he turned himself in. Trying to find msm link.

WOW there has to be some very strong evidence to go for second degree. Something tells me that the shooting wasn't as we have heard......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie