GUILTY OH - Deanna Ballman, 23, pregnant, dies of heroin OD, Columbus, 31 July 2012

What concerns me is some deadly substances are undetectable even by tox screen.
If they can't find a cause of death no one might end up being charged.

By the way, very informative article on 911 calls coming from the home.

"Caller: "Um, yes I came to a gentleman's house and he accosted me and um we met off of craislist that should just... do I need to be transfered to the police or?" "

http://www.abc6onyourside.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wsyx_vid_18913.shtml

:goodpost:

Jenny, great news article on the 911 calls!! I am so glad that FOX 28 is investigating ... maybe other media will join them! The video keeps cutting off - but I will keep trying.

Media should be asking the court why the search warrant was sealed and trying to interview some of the 911 callers!!

"Caller: "Um, yes I came to a gentleman's house and he accosted me and um we met off of craislist that should just... do I need to be transfered to the police or?" "

http://www.abc6onyourside.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wsyx_vid_18913.shtml

All of this sounds very suspicious to me.
I am not at all inclined to believe that this woman died from natural causes.

What concerns me is some deadly substances are undetectable even by tox screen.
If they can't find a cause of death no one might end up being charged.

FWIW, one of my daughters is a forensic chemist and she said that if LE doesn't know WHAT(?) substance to test for, it may NOT be detected.

With all of the new drugs being manufactured every day, it makes it difficult for LE to detect them.

I'd actually heard about this phenomena years ago when they started manufacturing 'designer drugs.' :(

JMHO
fran

That's what I was thinking. Geez, craigslist is a VERY scary place.

The one here is barely existent anymore, which is good. It is scary!

Looking for a used car once and looked there. An ad said xxxx kind of car, bring $2,000 cash! I'm certain anyone that went got robbed or murdered. I don't like these free advertising boards at all, too dangerous.

I have used craigslist to buy hay, furniture and even get a puppy. You just have to be carefull.

This case sounds alot like the one out east where the girl went on a "call" and ended up drowning but several bodies were found nearby. Wasn't the guy in that hired her a Dr. too? Hmm..I think I'll go check..

I read these stories about Craigslist and it would be like anything else it is a small percentage of actual ads and usage....there are areas of Craigslist that is nefarious and I wouldn't look. But I have bought and sold furniture, pets items and found houses for rent in a few states that I have lived. I just finished selling much of my mom's furniture now that she has downsized her home. There are a lot of normal people out there that use Craigslist in a normal way, it has been a wonderful source for furniture...garage sales...really I have used it for years. Like anything in life, you just take the normal precautions to stay safe.

This case sounds alot like the one out east where the girl went on a "call" and ended up drowning but several bodies were found nearby. Wasn't the guy in that hired her a Dr. too? Hmm..I think I'll go check..

The doctor wasn't the one who hired the girl, he lived at the house she ran to for help. You are thinking of the Long Island Serial Killer Case.

http://longislandserialkiller.com/

FWIW, one of my daughters is a forensic chemist and she said that if LE doesn't know WHAT(?) substance to test for, it may NOT be detected.

With all of the new drugs being manufactured every day, it makes it difficult for LE to detect them.

I'd actually heard about this phenomena years ago when they started manufacturing 'designer drugs.' :(

JMHO
fran

There are some substances that can not be detected even if they know what to look for. Such as succinylcholine ( I was just watching a TV show about the case linked in the article on the murder of Kathy Augustine). They were able to test for it in her urine, but that is because she was alive for some period of time and they could collect her urine. According to that TV show I watched, if Kathy Augustine died immediately, they wouldn't have been able to test for it.

"The state's witness informed the court sux as it's commonly referred, was not found in Augustine's tissue samples because he says the paralytic drug breaks down immediately and it was taken four days after hospitalization. "This drug disappears from the blood stream quickly, gone from a minute to a minute and a half.""
http://www.ktvn.com/Global/story.asp?s=6692994

What strikes me as odd is that no one has mentioned anything about the baby she was carrying. When they found her was she still pregnant? I know the news hasn't mentioned anything like that, and they haven't said weather or not this is a single or double murder. Usually when a pregnant woman is killed they describe it as a double murder.

What strikes me as odd is that no one has mentioned anything about the baby she was carrying. When they found her was she still pregnant? I know the news hasn't mentioned anything like that, and they haven't said weather or not this is a single or double murder. Usually when a pregnant woman is killed they describe it as a double murder.

Hmmm. I believe she was pregnant at the time, as the reason for thinking she couldn't get another kind of job was stated that "she thought no one would hire someone that is 9 months pregnant." Can't be sure until we hear more. Could be something LE is keeping quiet until the killer slips up and says something only LE knows.

I cannot find any new news, wish we had some updates.

Am very concerned about the doc, his ads on a free site, and the calls that came once people got to his house!

According to the news I just received a few minutes ago, the police went back to the doctor's house before noon today.

:) Hi, 21merc7

A very informative link was provided upthread by jjenny as shown below ... most interesting, if you haven't already read the article and watched the video.

I cannot find any new news, wish we had some updates.

Am very concerned about the doc, his ads on a free site, and the calls that came once people got to his house!

<snipped and BBM>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back