We're old - Prince (the singer) needs hip replacement

Man I'm only 28 and yet I feel old!
Prince, almost 50? :confused:

Ha, I had the same sentiments when I read that news story. It did make me feel really old that Prince needed a hip replacement. When I get my mail today I will probably have something in there from AARP too just to really bring it home. :)

Almost no song, IMO, could EVER beat Purple Rain or Little Red Corvette...love the innuendoes (sp) in the latter!

Almost no song, IMO, could EVER beat Purple Rain or Little Red Corvette...love the innuendoes (sp) in the latter!

Hmmmmm He's just kept those hips so busy that the right one started to wear out!
c_laugh.gif

Gotta love him, you bet!~

I agree White Rain. Especially the video of Little Red Corvette. Unbelievable the way he could sing and dance all around the stage in like, five inch high
boots.

I've been to two Prince concerts- one in the eighties and one last year. He is an amazing entertainer. He is fluent on about 20 different musical instruments, has an extraordinary voice, songwriter, incredible dancer, ( at least was) really gives his all for his fans. Plus I think he is very good looking. Very short, but it doesn't matter.

See, see that? Them high heels he wears did that to him. Now he's right up there with Barry Manilow.

I though Prince was already 50!
Wonder if he is lying about his age. Hmmm

Anyways when I was little my parents took me to see Purple Rain! LOL.
Needless to say my parents did not shield me from much.

It is hard to believe how quickly time goes by. I am 32 now and I have noticed most of the men I went to school with are bald and the women are now getting wrinkles and such. (ME TOO!)
One girl who had a baby while in HS is now a grandmother!! At 36! It just blows my mind how old I am getting and how it just sneaked upon me.

Purple Rain was on VH1 this past weeend...I watched it:)

I though Prince was already 50!
Wonder if he is lying about his age. Hmmm

Anyways when I was little my parents took me to see Purple Rain! LOL.
Needless to say my parents did not shield me from much.

It is hard to believe how quickly time goes by. I am 32 now and I have noticed most of the men I went to school with are bald and the women are now getting wrinkles and such. (ME TOO!)
One girl who had a baby while in HS is now a grandmother!! At 36! It just blows my mind how old I am getting and how it just sneaked upon me.
I share the same birthday with Prince. Except I am one year older. he will have his big 5-0 this year.

I share the same birthday with Prince. Except I am one year older. he will have his big 5-0 this year.

Yup, Prince, Madonna, Michael Jackson and I (LOL!) are all the same age!

I saw Prince some years ago in a Minneapolis restaurant famous for barbeque. He sure is a 'lil squirt! He was surrounded by females in a booth!

Eve

Hmmmmm He's just kept those hips so busy that the right one started to wear out!
c_laugh.gif

Gotta love him, you bet!~

It's probably the platform boots he always wears! :crazy:

Love me some Prince though... Party like it's 1999.... :woohoo:

i bet i know what he was doing when he figured it out... he is the man!!

at 51...wow, I didn't think he was 49....I remember "Purple Rain" around 1983-84...25 years ago !!....now I do feel old....!

Elton John was on LKL the other night...he just turned 60 !!

susiebond

Prince is and always has been quite an atheletic preformer...lost of jumping and doing splits and in those heels, thats like doing step aerobics in high heels shoes.

:clap: :clap: I even loved the movie, Purple Rain, as cheesey as it was, because it had Prince in it! LOL. Ah, those were the days.

It's probably the platform boots he always wears! :crazy:

Love me some Prince though... Party like it's 1999.... :woohoo:
:woohoo: :clap: :woohoo:

First Liza, and now this! When will the suffering end?

First Liza, and now this! When will the suffering end?

LOL Liza with a "Z". Love Liza. One of those tabloid shows said that this was a rumor. Prince himself said nope he ain't needing a new hip. Interestingly enough he got a new album coming out. Cd or album? He's in my opinion a musical genius, but what do I know?

I am not going to think about his hip. I do remember the Purple Rain concert. It was something else. Left me enthralled.

I'm a Prince fan from way back, too! My teenage son and I were discussing the movie one day, and when I told him that Prince's character was called "The Kid" in the movie, he laughed and and said that he just had to see it. After watching it again with him, I have decided that although it wasn't exactly an award-winning acting performance, I love that music every bit as much as I did twenty-four years ago!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrnkKrcher
Back