TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
AND SO, Foxfire, these are many interesting - and some of them quite compelling - facts and observations, ones I have enjoyed reading. And which have given me pause, and thus have made me think

First of all, it does not necessarily follow that a large reward in a small town is guaranteed to produce an arrest. Fear can overcome even a strong financial incentive. And fear can be stronger in a small town, where there may be no place to hide.

That LE "passed the predator when responding" is a surmise. Perhaps, or not. At times I've thought so too.

As for being a professional sex predator, as wishyouwerehere notes, this person is not, then, especially a good one, taking Holly when in fact he was being observed doing so by her brother, and also having probably to punch Holly - and thus leave blood evidence of abduction - before he could gain her compliance.

If we are to believe Clint, this person did not gain immediate compliance from Holly.

Certainly this could have been his first outing, his first foray into the field, but you say he is familiar with many things and is thus experienced.

I don't think this was a game to him; at least I can discern no playful element here on his part. The lunch packet and the cell phone seem to have been strewn about willy nilly, and their locations seem to me to have been ones a local would have used. They may, however and perhaps, have been placed where they were in order to taunt.

Not sure what the meth labs suggest, other than that Holly might have knowledge of someone dealing meth and that was what got her kidnapped.

*advertiser censored* stores do in fact attract seedy types; but these seedy types generally seek private means of satisfaction where the participant is one person.

Truckers, travelers, transients: perhaps these types travel with their ready-to-wear camo; perhaps not.

That a cross-country trucker may be the perpetrator is compelling - though it does not fit the circumstances of Holly's disappearance, viz., another means of transport, independent of an eighteen-wheeler, would have had to come into play.

I do think this is someone with a prior criminal record, though probably not an RSO.

I don't believe he necessarily "had to be local to know the area" either. I just think he was local because he kidnapped Holly Bobo of Darden TN, and the most likely person to have done that is someone who knew Holly Bobo.

I'm not sure what "the little blue pill" is.

Yep, there are many absconded RSOs & many more unregistered; hundreds of thousands, as shown in the Megan Maxwell abduction/rape murder & the suspect in Britanee Drexel case(NC), etc.

RE: I don't think this was a game to him; at least I can discern no playful element here on his part. The lunch packet and the cell phone seem to have been strewn about willy nilly, and their locations seem to me to have been ones a local would have used. They may, however and perhaps, have been placed where they were in order to taunt.

Not sure what the meth labs suggest, other than that Holly might have knowledge of someone dealing meth and that was what got her kidnapped.

Game to him; not to humanity, wfgodot...Victims to a psychopath are only objects, playtoys. Analogous to pawns in a game of chess..

The lunch packet & duct tape location(woods/5 points) was more than likely a safe haven til the responding LE subsided. They would have been responding from many directions, I-40 etc.. I was on the search when the cell phone was located. He prolly discarded it enroute to his safe haven/ritual grounds..

I am also the searcher that located the Lexington, TN, Motel keycard that was dismissed by the THP.. It was like new...& located near other significant items located in the Easter search..It was bagged & tagged, yet TBI PIO Helms reported that it was not turned in to evidence. I had words with the THP Officer, due to the perceived hypothesis attitude that I had experienced before in a prior abduction investigation in GA. He said that it prolly had nothing to do with Holly's abduction. I said, 'couldn't the abductor have staged at the motel or took her there after the abduction'? He said, "no we know who took her and he kept her at his house"..
That was 16+ months ago...Perceived hypothesis..why most cases go cold..

RE: Not sure what the meth labs suggest- 'Meth increases Labido, causes tweekers to be very violent, and ignore consequences of their actions, etc..

'Sixteen+ months later, who is he, where is he, where is Holly Bobo'? As wfgodot stated, it has been over 470 days since a presser by the TBI. I do remember an article where the TBI PIO Helms stated; 'investigation narrowing' only a few weeks after Holly's abduction.
I only follow stranger sexual predators & I am batting 1,000.. Predators are very calculating, deflective, and creative, as was Holly's abductor.. Predators leave obvious residue..

Consider the LE resources used in the Holly Bobo investigation including the FBI BAU2, wishuwerehere, as well as the $250, 000.00 reward. If this was a local, he/they would be in custody by now..

There was no preabduction plan by DCSO. all LEOs responded to the Bobo's residence and some more than likely passed the predator with Holly Bobo as a hostage, when responding.

It was over a week before a road block was even initiated.. Simply not prepared.. The professional was aware of their professionalism..a cakewalk for him..

bbm And they live among us. That's my point. This predator could have been right under Holly's nose for some time.

SoutheastCanine SearchandRescue
August 11 at 7:00am until August 12 at 1:00pm
Holliday TN
The family's search for Holly Bobo will continue on August 11th and 12th. We will be meeting at 7am again and working until about 1pm. We will announce where we will meet as the search gets closer.

Anyone who would like to register for the search should go to http://www.southeastk9sar.org/Search_Pre-Registration.html. You must pre-register to search. This saves us 2 hours on the day of the search.

If you can't be there, but would like to provide anything else that you think would help please contact Chris Williams at (931) 209-8863.

Must be 18 years old to search.

It is also my understanding that CUE may be here again in August.

Plumeria5, there is no way to know, but he obviously saw & zoned in on her from somewhere. It may have been from the coon hunt, school, or the grocery story where she worked part time as a cashier.. She was obviously stalked, imo..
I went to the one year anniversary of Holly's abduction. The motel clerk where I stayed in Lexington, TN, said that attendance for the coon hunt was way off in 2012, compared to the 2011 coon hunt where Holly performed.. Who knows?
I met the Bobo family..Felt so sorry for them...
On the Easter search, the one thing that stood out to me was what an assistant principal on my search team shared with me. He said that a few days after Holly's abduction, Karen contacted him and requested that he implement an abduction safety course in the DC school system.. Said that she didn't want this to happen to another child..

Irony: planned the trip of the one year anniversary of Holly's abduction with a GA State Park Official, that I had worked with on another case in GA. He overslept, so I went on to Lexington, TN, without him. When he later arrived at the LX hotel, the desk clerk said that the person in my room had died. He went back home to GA, after hearing the bad news. It was not me, but the person that stayed there the night before. My friend was very surprised when I called him after arriving home..I had to convince him that it was me... LOL
'I wondered why check in was so long'...

I guess I didn't know about Holly performing at the coon hunt. Did she sing?
Do they have some sort of fair before it begins? (I don't like hunting.) :(

I guess I didn't know about Holly performing at the coon hunt. Did she sing?
Do they have some sort of fair before it begins? (I don't like hunting.) :(

Plumeria5, must be a vegan, huh? LOL, a person has to eat..Like fishin too. Golf was invented for folks that didn't know how to fish or hunt..

Yes, I remember Holly having issues with someone at the coon hunt...
The coon hunt is more about the coon dogs and their performance, imo.. A social gathering.. Most folks that I know say coon hunting is very addictive...

LOL, I mainly take pics now, myself..'Just luv being in the woods..no PCs, TVs, or Cell Phones'...

TN sure seems ripe for pretty girl abductions....and mostly not solved. I think it is way past time that the LE there get with the times and change. This "Keeping things close to the vest" is getting old....real old.

When are the people there going to demand their LE start talking and letting them know what is going on? I get the impression the people are like pawns for LE.

Plumeria5, must be a vegan, huh? LOL, a person has to eat..Like fishin too. Golf was invented for folks that didn't know how to fish or hunt..

Yes, I remember Holly having issues with someone at the coon hunt...
The coon hunt is more about the coon dogs and their performance, imo.. A social gathering.. Most folks that I know say coon hunting is very addictive...

LOL, I mainly take pics now, myself..'Just luv being in the woods..no PCs, TVs, or Cell Phones'...

Vegetarian...grew up on a dairy farm. :moo:

My reasoning is that there is enough food at the market if you're hungry. I think that the people just like to kill animals. I cant wrap myself around it. Humans can adjust to anything and behavior can be changed by the environment you live in. This I know but somehow I don't think I will every adjust to the killing of animals for sport. I think they do it for fun...as I am sure they have enough money to go to the store.

...family of golfers here..

In any case, I have yet to see a large reward produce any clues or anyone collect on it.

My reasoning is that there is enough food at the market if you're hungry. I think that the people just like to kill animals. I cant wrap myself around it. Humans can adjust to anything and behavior can be changed by the environment you live in. This I know but somehow I don't think I will every adjust to the killing of animals for sport. I think they do it for fun...as I am sure they have enough money to go to the store.

Totally agree with you, Whisperer.
Miniature golf here. :D

"Exactly where do you think the store gets their meat, Whisperer"? The hunters that I know eat the game that they kill"..
Much of the game goes to homeless shelters for food...

RE: I am sure they have enough money to go to the store.

"LOL" "so it is OK if you buy the meat, huh"? jeez...

Yep, there are many absconded RSOs & many more unregistered; hundreds of thousands, as shown in the Megan Maxwell abduction/rape murder & the suspect in Britanee Drexel case(NC), etc.

RE: I don't think this was a game to him; at least I can discern no playful element here on his part. The lunch packet and the cell phone seem to have been strewn about willy nilly, and their locations seem to me to have been ones a local would have used. They may, however and perhaps, have been placed where they were in order to taunt.

Game to him; not to humanity, wfgodot...Victims to a psychopath are only objects, playtoys. Analogous to pawns in a game of chess..

The lunch packet & duct tape location(woods/5 points) was more than likely a safe haven til the responding LE subsided. They would have been responding from many directions, I-40 etc.. I was on the search when the cell phone was located. He prolly discarded it enroute to his safe haven/ritual grounds..

I am also the searcher that located the Lexington, TN, Motel keycard that was dismissed by the THP.. It was like new...& located near other significant items located in the Easter search..It was bagged & tagged, yet TBI PIO Helms reported that it was not turned in to evidence. I had words with the THP Officer, due to the perceived hypothesis attitude that I had experienced before in a prior abduction investigation in GA. He said that it prolly had nothing to do with Holly's abduction. I said, 'couldn't the abductor have staged at the motel or took her there after the abduction'? He said, "no we know who took her and he kept her at his house"..That was 16+ months ago...Perceived hypothesis..why most cases go cold..

RE: Not sure what the meth labs suggest- 'Meth increases Labido, causes tweekers to be very violent, and ignore consequences of their actions, etc..

bbm :what:

I agree with you on the perceived hyothesis and why so many cases go cold.

AND SO, Foxfire, these are many interesting - and some of them quite compelling - facts and observations, ones I have enjoyed reading. And which have given me pause, and thus have made me think

First of all, it does not necessarily follow that a large reward in a small town is guaranteed to produce an arrest. Fear can overcome even a strong financial incentive. And fear can be stronger in a small town, where there may be no place to hide.

That LE "passed the predator when responding" is a surmise. Perhaps, or not. At times I've thought so too.

As for being a professional sex predator, as wishyouwerehere notes, this person is not, then, especially a good one, taking Holly when in fact he was being observed doing so by her brother, and also having probably to punch Holly - and thus leave blood evidence of abduction - before he could gain her compliance.

If we are to believe Clint, this person did not gain immediate compliance from Holly.

Certainly this could have been his first outing, his first foray into the field, but you say he is familiar with many things and is thus experienced.

I don't think this was a game to him; at least I can discern no playful element here on his part. The lunch packet and the cell phone seem to have been strewn about willy nilly, and their locations seem to me to have been ones a local would have used. They may, however and perhaps, have been placed where they were in order to taunt.

*advertiser censored* stores do in fact attract seedy types; but these seedy types generally seek private means of satisfaction where the participant is one person.

Truckers, travelers, transients: perhaps these types travel with their ready-to-wear camo; perhaps not.

That a cross-country trucker may be the perpetrator is compelling - though it does not fit the circumstances of Holly's disappearance, viz., another means of transport, independent of an eighteen-wheeler, would have had to come into play.

I do think this is someone with a prior criminal record, though probably not an RSO.

I don't believe he necessarily "had to be local to know the area" either. I just think he was local because he kidnapped Holly Bobo of Darden TN, and the most likely person to have done that is someone who knew Holly Bobo.

I'm not sure what "the little blue pill" is.

If the perp had a criminal record, wouldn't his DNA be in the database? If so, are we to believe he didn't leave any DNA behind when he/she abducted Holly?

Is the blue pill meth related? :waitasec:

I just can't make the meth connection to this case with the little information we know. There are so many other much more plausible theories than some dope head abducting Holly because she may have known too much (??) Is that what the meth theory is? Did someone have a meth lab on the Bobo property? It's so difficult to even speculate on that without any basis whatsoever. :moo:

Maybe that's what the Bobos meant by the public not knowing the truth? :waitasec:

bbm :what:

I agree with you on the perceived hyothesis and why so many cases go cold.

'~n/t~, perceived hypothesis, & a shoddy investigation is why the Adam Walsh case went cold for over two decades'..

http://abcnews.go.com/US/adam-walsh...h-live-investigation/story?id=13037931&page=2

Adam Walsh Murder: John and Reve Walsh Re-Live the Investigation

March 2, 2011
"Ego was involved and tunnel vision," Mathews said of Hoffman. "And the tunnel vision is that you come up with your own hypothesis as to what took place and you work that case to validate your own hypothesis."

Hoffman declined a request for comment by "Nightline."

After combing through the case file, Mathews made a major discovery: a roll of film from the crime scene of Ottis Toole's car -- it was film that the original detectives never bothered to have developed.

Pictures show bloody footprints on the driver's side of Toole's car. On the rear floorboard of the car -- where Toole admitted to tossing Adam's severed head -- pictures show the bloody outline of a face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects