CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #7 FOUND DECEASED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know. I can say in a general sense, women select fathers for their children based on their belief that their children will have a better chance of survival. Perhaps, in some situtations (like in the US) a Caucasion male appears "fitter". Women have been sexually selecting taller men for a long time. Tall men are promoted more often, and have more children, on average.

I chose my husband based on love...nothing more, nothing less.

There was no alarm pulled. It was a sensor, like smoke detectors in a house, that went off.

I'm new on this case but is it possible that he attempted to burn some evidence? Maybe that was his plan, and it backfired. Just an idea.

We need to take advantage of the forum now. The reason we are given a forum is to spread out the case into individual files on pertinent information so we can go back to find it easily when the case goes to trial. We will be very grateful when the time comes not to dig through the endless general discussion threads to get important facts of the case.

We won't have this thread later today. ;) We should get busy before we have new developments in the case.

Perhaps this explains why there were reports of Annie not dying until 4PM, even though the crime had been committed hours earlier. I sure hope she didn't suffer...

Have we been able to confirm the TOD? I heard 10.40pm and now 4pm. This is really strange considering the alarm went off around noon or so? So she wasn't dead and she didn't leave the building? I certainly hope she wasn't alive behind that wall...really creepy

I think I'm in the minority here, but I don't think anything I know about him (except the police report from his ex-girlfriend) screams, "I'm going to kill someone someday." He was in a charity club and a club that promoted things Asian. Heck, maybe he had always wanted to go to China - I took Russian in high school because the class made a trip there and I wanted to go -- I had no deep interest in the cold war or in the Russian language for that matter. I wouldn't take high school clubs very seriously.

Except for that one picture where he's staring straight ahead at the camera, I don't think he looks like anything but a normal Connecticut boy. The type I wouldn't notice in a bar or on the street -- pick a six pack of people and put them in the scene -- that type. Someone his age might think he's cute.

The stuff his girlfriend wrote smacked to me of a girl who's in a relationship with a boy who isn't as into her as she is to him (the crack about how they're just living together for financial reasons - ha ha ha - and some of the other stuff defending his reputation).

Even the control-freak thing at work doesn't seem that weird to me. I mean, it may be obnoxious, but it doesn't seem that weird - people who don't feel powerful will try to exert control over small things sometimes.

I think it's only in hindsight that these things take on anything ominous. Seems very, very normal for a 23/24 year old high school graduate living in Connecticut, other than the crime he may have committed.

Did anyone really not understand what the ME meant by his statement that Annie was strangled, died of strangulation, etc.?

Perhaps this explains why there were reports of Annie not dying until 4PM, even though the crime had been committed hours earlier. I sure hope she didn't suffer...

Oh, me too. :(

I'm new on this case but is it possible that he attempted to burn some evidence? Maybe that was his plan, and it backfired. Just an idea.

IIRC, the alarm was triggered by steam.

ETA:
At 12:40 p.m. on Tuesday, a fire alarm sounded in the building. The special agent in charge of the FBI in Connecticut, Kimberly Mertz, said at a press conference Saturday that the alarm was caused by a release of steam from a laboratory hood. She said it was possible that the steam was intentionally released by a person.

http://www.yaledailynews.com/news/u...-body-found-10-amistad-st-police-suspect-it-/

When he was questioned by the FBI, agents took note of numerous injuries on his body, the source said, including what appeared to be bruises and abrasions on his arms, a mark under his eye, a scratch on his right ear, and a bruise or deep scratch to his chest.

When questioned, he said some of the injuries were a scratch from a cat. Others he attributed to playing softball.

“He had excuses for everything,” the source said.

It was when officials started taking pictures of his injuries that Clark reportedly appeared to get nervous and asked for an attorney.

http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2009/09/16/news/new_haven/doc4ab0f8c64f569632844012.txt

I don't have the exact quote handy, that the FBI spokesman made. IIRC, she said the alarm was set off because of steam, and it could have been done by a human. She would not state whether it was intentional or not.

So we are left to wonder if the steam was created purposely to set off the alarm.

Whoa!!! That is a little offensive.

The sexual slavery of women from Veitnam is well documented. They are trafficked and treated like animals. It is offensive because it assumes that a woman there being raped/prostituted is less offensive, but it is offensive anywhere.

IIRC, the alarm was triggered by steam.

ETA:
At 12:40 p.m. on Tuesday, a fire alarm sounded in the building. The special agent in charge of the FBI in Connecticut, Kimberly Mertz, said at a press conference Saturday that the alarm was caused by a release of steam from a laboratory hood. She said it was possible that the steam was intentionally released by a person.

http://www.yaledailynews.com/news/u...-body-found-10-amistad-st-police-suspect-it-/

I believe the FBI spokesman said piece of equipment. There was never a mention of what that equipment was.

Oh please. I've quickly learned some sleuthers can turn any information, action, and picture into something ignominious.

One (unnamed) person yesterday made me feel selfconscious. In fear of being labeled a male psychopath I told my cat he had to move out, I'm removing all photo software with red-eye-deduction, I'm changing my birthdate so I'm a different astrological sign, I'm removing all history of being in a ski club because it profiles me as a cold, heartless person, and I'm ending my friendship with an old friend with an asian girlfriend. I won't even go into fantasies ....

I know it's just what sleuthers do, but too this newbie, sometimes it seems a little "over the top" in the drama department.

Carry on.
I agree with you- up to a point. I do think the video picture of Annie holding an object- being described as both a baby and a cat- rather than the obvious large binder (hello people, she was a student) are not reasonable. [Poor quality resolution and blown up] A lot of people also made assumptions that it was the family trying to stop the marriage because it was intercultural. But analyzing that the POI joined a club of the same nationality as the victim he chose, is NOT in the same league. He may have been obsessing over her for a long time and had a long-standing interest in Asian women even though his current gf is not.

I'm white and actually prefer Asian women, although I like good-looking women of all nationalities. The Asian ladies just seem to watch their weight better and make more money.

This guy may very well be guilty, but I think the Asian Awareness Club thing actually improves his image in my eyes. Even if he called McCain, a man who killed Vietnamese humans by the droves, a hero, it's such a mainstream viewpoint in America that even that wouldn't matter. But being in an Asian Awareness Club really seems like nothing that would suggest this man is guilty. DNA evidence or a confession would suffice, but not membership in a cultural awareness club.

It was a high school club so perhaps he got extra credit, or just wanted the chance to take a trip to NYC (if he'd never been)....when I was in high school there were kids in band just so they could go on the out-of-town/state trips...admittedly we had a very small high school in a very small town. :)

I'm creeped out over his participation in a charity for "single pregnant women" (women who are actually or potentially at their most vulnerable??).

Made me think of Bundy & his working for a rape crisis hotline. [shudder]

I am not sure what kind of High School he attended, but my kids parochial school does this sort of thing on a regular basis. They have diaper drives where they bring diapers and baby wipes to give to women's shelters, and homes for single mothers. I don't find this creepy at all....I see it as a way to teach these young people compassion for others. JMOO

When he was questioned by the FBI, agents took note of numerous injuries on his body, the source said, including what appeared to be bruises and abrasions on his arms, a mark under his eye, a scratch on his right ear, and a bruise or deep scratch to his chest.

When questioned, he said some of the injuries were a scratch from a cat. Others he attributed to playing softball.

It was when officials started taking pictures of his injuries that Clark reportedly appeared to get nervous and asked for an attorney.

http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2009/09/16/news/new_haven/doc4ab0f8c64f569632844012.txt

What a shame. :(

(I must say though, I so selfishly wish we could get this much information in all cases! )

I've never known a Caucasian man who had an interest in Asians, other than a sexual fixation based on violence depicted in *advertiser censored*. I'm sure it happens, like when a Caucasion marries an Asian, or is adopted by an Asian family, or travels to Asia, but I doubt this was the case.

I know many asian women who are only interested in dating/marrying white men. why?

I'm an Asian woman who has only been attracted to Caucasian men, for as long as I can remember. My Caucasian husband has always been primarily attracted to Asian women, for as long as he was interested in girls.

Neither of us has ever had a "fixation". It's simply a matter of preference. Some guys like girls with long hair. Others like girls with short or shaved hair. Some women like beefy guys. Others like slender.

Not discrediting the fact some people do have a fixation, but that is certainly not always the case.

I don't have the exact quote handy, that the FBI spokesman made. IIRC, she said the alarm was set off because of steam, and it could have been done by a human. She would not state whether it was intentional or not.

So we are left to wonder if the steam was created purposely to set off the alarm.

http://www.yaledailynews.com/news/un...e-suspect-it-/

Did RC leave the building when the alarm went off? Was it a way for him to have a "reason" to leave the building?

Sorry if this has been discussed. I'm coming in late and have not read all the posts.

Okay, who wouldn't be nervous if the police starting taking pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member