Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're saying on twitter there has been a sim card found on Mt Crosby Road .. strange.

on twitter police have found a simcard.....

If he had of done it... then surely thur night he would not have gotten any sleep, surely the adrenaline would be pumping in his body, along with the feelings of panic if he was to get caught etc, to make sure he had covered all his tracks etc.
I wonder how he looked on Friday morning...

They're saying on twitter there has been a sim card found on Mt Crosby Road .. strange.

A sneaky person would discard the sim knowing it held a lot of info, so it makes sense.

Whoever did this would have been savvy enough to do that.

Ohhhh the sim may have FINGERPRINTS! (Although being married he might have his all over them... but no-one elses.... ) Ohhh... what secrets will it tell us?

He could have been texting/calling people...in an effort to cover his own backside.

I get what you are saying here but can't you see the contradiction...
HE WOKE NEXT MORNING AND RAISED THE ALARM THAT SHE WAS MISSING....

If it wasn't until he woke next moring to raise the alarm then why an earth was he running around texting people and phoning people on Thursday night when allegedly he went to bed while she was watching TV.

That makes absolute no sense at all. therefore the media reports of thursday night texting and phone calling are probably rubbish

you cant go to bed and run around around texting people at the same time!

Just saw a pic on twitter searching for tyre marks (probably washed away now sadly :( ) - good chance he used his friends car and then crashed it to disguise any possible evidence, as we have discussed already throughout the thread :(

If he had of done it... then surely thur night he would not have gotten any sleep, surely the adrenaline would be pumping in his body, along with the feelings of panic if he was to get caught etc, to make sure he had covered all his tracks etc.
I wonder how he looked on Friday morning...

Apparently how he looked and acted Fri morning was enough to send the police force and SES into action, they swooped down on B'field like eagles, so quickly.

It was in a news report too - some comment justifying the quick reaction, based on 'information' they'd been given, but it was a bit more than that.

Mrs G will remember it and probably has the link.

A sneaky person would discard the sim knowing it held a lot of info, so it makes sense.

Whoever did this would have been savvy enough to do that.

Not savvy enough to discard it waaaay away from the body though .. I mean a tiny sim card, that could have been flicked off anywhere. I'm thinking it's either unrelated or was accidentally dropped here - or of course, he is actually incredibly stupid.

In a supermarket bin etc... anywhere. Mt Crosby Road inbound has now been closed.

Hi friends from Australia!:seeya:

Here was what I was thinking (re: no visible signs of foul play)...: this can be a soft kill like strangulation that has to be confirmed via autopsy. I think LE possibly meant there were no obvious signs of COD for example: gun shot or blunt force trauma, etc...

Very good news they may have found the SIM card.. I am glad that the perp didn't know enough about cell phones to know that the phone was still pinging when he pulled it out:jail:

Further thought: what was saved to the SIM card that the perp did not want to be found if and when LE found the phone? If the perp is the husband and there was an altercation at the house why even bother taking the phone with?

Also: have the children been forensically interviewed to see if they witnessed anything that night and/or their take on the events of the evening?

They are still saying on the news here that there were numerous persons of interest interviewed. My friend who used to be a detective just told me to take notice of what the police themselves have said. He said alot of media stories get twisted and aren't always the truth. I know that for a fact anyway because last year my youngest brothers fiancee was killed. The media kept saying the accident was at windsor nsw and the driver was a teenager. The accident actually happened at a place called schofields and the driver was 33 not a teenager. They also said it was caused by alcohol and drugs but all that was cleared by the investigation. So that's one example of the media getting things wrong. I'm also wondering if the body found is Allison whether there is going to be a way we can donate money/items for the children.

I think the police said she had a iPhone and to remove a sim from one of those is quite difficult without the right implement. Also I thought the police had picked up on the signal of Allison's phone which I presume means the sim would be with the phone. Could this be Gerald's sim?

I have been following this, and send my most sincere condolences to all who have been impacted by Alison's death...

(Fair warning: this may be graphic)

Someone asked upthread about "signs of foul play" and there not being any obvious indication of foul play.

What can happen to a body once it's been submerged or exposed to the elements is that you have nature going at it...meaning, scavengers may take bites, or fish and/or rocks and/or branches underwater may have snagged the body, and left marks which may have obscured original lethal wounds.

Also, when someone is submerged, they tend to swell and possibly rupture (sorry), and body parts become damaged simply from immersion.

When LE says "no signs of foul play", what they're meaning is nothing obvious; all body parts are accounted for, other sources of wounds are present (as in scavengers), or nothing is obviously wrong (e.g. the head is still attached [again, sorry]).

Further, immersion in water, if for a brief time, may obscure an obvious bleeding spot - there may be stab wounds, but they weren't visible because of the immersion, and blood was "washed" off.

A lot of times, trauma (such as cranial strikes) cannot be seen, even without immersion or scavenger activity. One can have a cracked skull, for example, and have a lot of internal bleeding, but nothing shows outwardly (except for loss of consciousness and/or death).

Last comment, is that bruising/hematomas, even when from a fall-from-heights, requires a beating heart to pump blood to the site of the damaged tissue and to leak from the broken blood vessels. It can be difficult to distinguish pre-, ante-, and post- mortem injuries in the best of times, but in a submerged body it's very hard. The cold water will slow the heart rate and pressure, or consciousness (or lack thereof) will change heart rate and pressure, and so can shock. All of those combined may reduce the body's ability to send blood to the site of damage/injury, and thus no bruising/hematoma will form. And if the body has gone through rigor, and blood has settled, it can be close to impossible to tell outside of an autopsy if there were bruises prior to death.

Autopsy will tell a whole lot more about what's happened. Under a microscope, it can be determined if a cut is a stab wound or a branch snag. It's not always distinguishable, but a lot of times it can be. Same between a scavenger bite and a wound.

Once the autopsy is complete, hopefully there will be an answer to all of this. Until then, we only can wait.

Hope this helps in some small way. Prayers for everyone impacted...

Best-
Herding Cats

Not savvy enough to discard it waaaay away from the body though .. I mean a tiny sim card, that could have been flicked off anywhere. I'm thinking it's either unrelated or was accidentally dropped here - or of course, he is actually incredibly stupid.

Good point, but what if they took it out there, because this is all happening so quickly, then put it in their pocket hastily and it falls out?

But this all falls to pieces if you do need some kind of special tool to take it out?

I get what you are saying here but can't you see the contradiction...
HE WOKE NEXT MORNING AND RAISED THE ALARM THAT SHE WAS MISSING....

If it wasn't until he woke next moring to raise the alarm then why an earth was he running around texting people and phoning people on Thursday night when allegedly he went to bed while she was watching TV.

That makes absolute no sense at all. therefore the media reports of thursday night texting and phone calling are probably rubbish

you cant go to bed and run around around texting people at the same time!

I think what I was meaning is that perhaps he tried to make out he woke through the night, found her missing then texted/called people. I'm not sure if it's been mentioned what time he was supposed to have woken up that morning, whatever time it was he didn't report her missing until 7.30am.

Good point, but what if they took it out there, because this is all happening so quickly, then put it in their pocket hastily and it falls out?

But this all falls to pieces if you do need some kind of special tool to take it out?

Yeah there's no way he took the sim card out out there .. you can use a pin with an iphone too but it's a royal pain in the butt .. prob impossible in the dark. I'm wondering if he took it out at home with the intention of dumping it on the trip and it just fell out of his pocket somehow.

Such bad luck for him if it's hers ...

I am smelling a profiler in these little tit-bits that are being leaked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288