Prosecutor Juan Martinez releases new book, February 2016 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been reading super duper tonight and they're trying to figure out Juan's remark aboutthe one great mistake she made or she could have gotten off. In my opinion it had to be the gas cans. Any of the other evidence could not have proved pre-meditation. The gun theft could not be proven, but there was no way out of the gas purchases.

It's got to be the palm print with her blood and Travis' blood. Of course the photos from the camera recovered in the washing machine didn't help her case either.

I'm adding the coded message in the magazine. Just as another option.

"Heads up for anyone who preordered Juan's book at Amazon! My book was preordered virtually the day it was available to preorder, a few months ago. It showed up as being preordered until today when I went to check on it and Amazon said to pick the email alert when it is released for purchase. I talked to Customer Service in chat; they have NO knowledge of it being preordered and it is no longer available to be preordered!!!!!! I AM SO P****D OFF! Now, according to them, I have to wait for all the preordered books to be shipped before I can purchase it. You might want to check the status of your order."

That's so weird, as long as you have the pre-order email (btw, I gotta hand it to you, Caylee Advocate, the *day of release :therethere:), they should totally honor the purchase and apologize for their system error...

It's got to be the palm print with her blood and Travis' blood. Of course the photos from the camera recovered in the washing machine didn't help her case either.

That's what I was thinking, it's the DNA evidence she left all over the place. I think the interrogation also mentioned her hair (along with her prints, she explained away as "I was always over at his place, you'll find traces of me everywhere" *gag*).

Det Flores had to explain to her, if the hair was older (while she was in Yreka), the follicle would not have been present/attached.

I've been reading super duper tonight and they're trying to figure out Juan's remark aboutthe one great mistake she made or she could have gotten off. In my opinion it had to be the gas cans. Any of the other evidence could not have proved pre-meditation. The gun theft could not be proven, but there was no way out of the gas purchases.

I think so too.
Gas cans = premeditation!
All others such as hair, blood, photos, etc do not prove premeditation.

When she purchased the extra gas can at Walmart, she remembered to pay with cash for it, but forgot to throw away the receipt. That was her biggest mistake, IMO.

I think so too.

When she purchased the extra gas can at Walmart, she remembered to pay with cash for it, but forgot to throw away the receipt. That was her biggest mistake, IMO.

Yep, the 3rd gas can, and for the reason you and Fran gave, the rest doesn't prove premeditation.

I disagree with JM though if he really thinks the lying liar would have gotten away with it had he not proven the 3 gas can. There was a lot of circumstantial evidence without the can and she'd lied too many inconsistent lies, including on the stand, IMO.

I think it gives her way too much entirely undeserved credit to say she was so smart and planned so well that only one little slipup brought her down.

I'd be inclined to go with her failing to destroy the photos taken that day (and leaving the camera there). Without those photos, LE would have had a difficult, if not impossible, time proving Jodi was in the house on June 4th.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

That's what I was thinking, it's the DNA evidence she left all over the place. I think the interrogation also mentioned her hair (along with her prints, she explained away as "I was always over at his place, you'll find traces of me everywhere" *gag*).

Det Flores had to explain to her, if the hair was older (while she was in Yreka), the follicle would not have been present/attached.

It had to have been the palm print. This was not circumstantial evidence. And it was evidence that no jury or defense witnesses could wiggle around.

It's possible there was other physical evidence that we didn't know about? That was excluded for some reason? Maybe stuff they don't have the technology for? Her trophies? Evidence in the car? The impression left in the journal that they had tested? These items may be in JM's book but not allowed at trial?

I'd be inclined to go with her failing to destroy the photos taken that day (and leaving the camera there). Without those photos, LE would have had a difficult, if not impossible, time proving Jodi was in the house on June 4th.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

The only photo that would have worked was the one with her pant leg and poor Travis' body because it shows her actively participating in the murder. It also shows the cruelty of the event.

We have had considerable debate on here about whether in fact the time stamps on those photos are correct, that maybe the murder took place earlier in the day.

The only photo that would have worked was the one with her pant leg and poor Travis' body because it shows her actively participating in the murder. It also shows the cruelty of the event.

We have had considerable debate on here about whether in fact the time stamps on those photos are correct, that maybe the murder took place earlier in the day.

Agreed about the pics. Iirc it wasn't until Det.F. told her that they had confirmed prints of hers with the mixed DNA that subsequently made her admit to having been there that day(when her tales and subsequent admission of having killed him began).

Yep, the 3rd gas can, and for the reason you and Fran gave, the rest doesn't prove premeditation.

I disagree with JM though if he really thinks the lying liar would have gotten away with it had he not proven the 3 gas can. There was a lot of circumstantial evidence without the can and she'd lied too many inconsistent lies, including on the stand, IMO.

I think it gives her way too much entirely undeserved credit to say she was so smart and planned so well that only one little slipup brought her down.

BBM

Yes, JM sure did have a lot of other evidences of premeditation. But they were harder to prove, since JA kept lying her lies and some jurors could believe her.

When I sat on a jury for a murder trial (death by multiple stab wounds), our prosecutor told us that premeditation can take less than a second to form. She gave us examples such as when a traffic light turns green, you premeditate to go, you push the gas pedal. Or, when you raise a knife to stab somebody, you are premeditating to kill, so you stab.

Still, I was one of 3 jurors that believed the murder was in the second degree, because I believed the murderer had no intention to kill, but was just in a rage with no prethought to kill. Though after a very heated deliberation, we gave in for the first degree. I regret that decision to this day.

In JA's case, she stabbed him continuously 27 times. I believe she told herself 'I want to kill him' each time she stabbed.

snip

The significance of that photo has always confused me. I don't doubt that it shows Jodi's foot and part of the pants she was wearing, since we know she killed him and we know she acted alone. But just based on the photo itself, I don't understand how the foot can be identified as Jodi's.

That's so weird, as long as you have the pre-order email (btw, I gotta hand it to you, Caylee Advocate, the *day of release :therethere:), they should totally honor the purchase and apologize for their system error...

Oh, I am so sorry... I should have mentioned this was from another site (I just posted it here).. MY order is fine, and now says "shipped". WOW, I hope it arrives a little early and if so, I will stay mum until others get theirs. Pinkie swear.:laughing:

I think so too.

Speaking of those gas cans and the one she bought in Salinas.. O/T but did anyone see where they found the girl dead in a Salinas Walmart parking lot? She was in her car and they think she had been there since November. :thinking:

Originally Posted by RickshawFan: The only photo that would have worked was the one with her pant leg and poor Travis' body because it shows her actively participating in the murder. It also shows the cruelty of the event.
The significance of that photo has always confused me. I don't doubt that it shows Jodi's foot and part of the pants she was wearing, since we know she killed him and we know she acted alone. But just based on the photo itself, I don't understand how the foot can be identified as Jodi's.
In one of her Yreka cop shop interviews, I vaguely recall Lefty admitting to Det. Flores that she had *two* pairs of the sweat pants shown in that picture. I do recall Det. Flores' reply back to her as, "yeah, we found one pair in your bedroom closet". Hmm... where's the second pair, Jode? In a pile of ashes somewhere in the great basin? So anyway, if the sweatpants are admittedly hers, so too is the footwear. As is the foot itself.

=================================================================================================

Regarding the receipt for the third gas can from Walmart (or Costco)... had she not kept the receipt for that third gas can for her treasure chest, would Juan have had to speculate for the jury that she somehow had a third gas can to make sense of all the gas purchases? I mean would he have had to tell the jury she had to have somehow had a third gas can, even though he couldn't prove it to them?

With or without that receipt for that third gas can though, I think filling three gas cans with fuel each time she stopped to fill the tank on her rental car (to avoid detection in the entire state of Arizona) still points to premeditation -- especially considering all the other evidence against her -- namely the [cough, cough]stolen .25 Auto handgun[/cough, cough]

=================================================================================================

Also to pocketaccount who said, "In JA's case, she stabbed him continuously 27 times. I believe she told herself 'I want to kill him' each time she stabbed."
I'm no L. Kirk Nurmi and I'm certainly not trying to defend her actions or her state of mind, but didn't the M.E. say that most (if not all) of the stabs wounds to the back were shallow? If so, Jodi may have just been playing with him. Wanting to hurt him, of course, but saving the coupe de grace, intent-to-kill wounds for the chest and neck. In an effort to add salt to the would (so to speak), however, I can see her inflicting verbal abuse at him along with the shallow stab wounds to the back. "How's that feel, Sweety? Oh, it hurts? Poor baby. Well now you know how I've felt the last two years. This one's for Mimi. This one's for Lisa. This one's for Deanna", etc, etc. But that's just me.

Oh, and I've programmed my DVR to record Dr. Phil on Monday. Thanks for the heads-up, one and all! Can't wait to hear what Juan has to say. :)

Dont forget. Brewer testified that Jodi said she was going to Arizona.

I think her 'one mistake' (if it can be isolated to just one) was keeping all the receipts, they showed her entire journey from beginning to end, no way she could say she had only gone to Utah when you figure up the mileage on the rental car, of course the gas can receipt nailed her to the wall. Maybe JM thinks had she worn gloves she might have gotten away with it, I'm looking very forward to his view of this (and so much more lol).

I ordered my book through my husband's Amazon Prime and keep forgetting to have him check about my status! My DVR is set for anything Juan Martinez!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member