MN MN - Theodore Dengerud, 40, Sunburg, 3 April 1982

tatertot

Reaction score
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/dengerud_theodore.html

I haven't submitted this, but I'd welcome your thoughts on their photo comparisons.

Theodore Dengerud
missing April 3, 1982 from Sunbug, MN following a car crash. His family believes he may have amnesia and may be using an alias name.

Pros:
Blue eyes, hair listed as black but looks brunette in his photos
Dengerud was 195 lbs, BK is about 240
If 30 in '82, Dengerud would be about 52 in '04.
BK "felt he had always had a mustache," Dengerud has one in all his photos

Cons:
5'8" vs. BK's 5'11"
Believed to have hit his head on the windshield -- would this have left permanent scars?
Is it possible to acquire amnesia in 1982 and fall victim to it again in 2004? That's 22 years later.
No mention of the past surgeries nor pins on Dengerud's page.

This is one I looked at to, just haven't had time to put it up. His hair looks dark brown to me in the photo. The 5'8" may be a mistake, jmo.

I haven't submitted this, but I'd welcome your thoughts on their photo comparisons.

Theodore Dengerud
missing April 3, 1982 from Sunbug, MN following a car crash. His family believes he may have amnesia and may be using an alias name.

Pros:
Blue eyes, hair listed as black but looks brunette in his photos
Dengerud was 195 lbs, BK is about 240
If 30 in '82, Dengerud would be about 52 in '04.
BK "felt he had always had a mustache," Dengerud has one in all his photos

Cons:
5'8" vs. BK's 5'11"
Believed to have hit his head on the windshield -- would this have left permanent scars?
Is it possible to acquire amnesia in 1982 and fall victim to it again in 2004? That's 22 years later.
No mention of the past surgeries nor pins on Dengerud's page.

I'd like to see his hair photoshopped on one of the age regression pics.
Date of Birth: November 8, 1951 - this is around when I think Ben's birthday is, I'm not seeing him older then that. This would make him 57 (going on 58) right now.

bigger pic of him

Don't the families realize the more pictures they put out there the better chance they're found?

Thank you tater!

Can you call Law Enforcement and see if he had distinguishing features like tattoos, fingerprints in IAFIS, DNA in CODIS, scars etc??? From his single photo he does not look like Mr. Kyle, but it may not be a good likeness.

Thank you tater!

Can you call Law Enforcement and see if he had distinguishing features like tattoos, fingerprints in IAFIS, DNA in CODIS, scars etc??? From his single photo he does not look like Mr. Kyle, but it may not be a good likeness.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Theodore Dengerud:
IMO: I do not think he looks like BK.

Can anyone answer about Bill Beck from post #562 Thread: 50/60 year old Amnesia Victim Savannah, GA Thread #2

his photo

I didn't see anything while reading what happened with that suggestion.

Then there was post 340 names mentioned:
http://www.opp.ca/Investigative/Miss...List/index.htm
1.) John Samuel Clifford, case number 20060090
2.) Robert Allen Asher, case number 20060151
3.) Edward Michael Krantz, case number 20060078 (vertical scar from back surgery)

Thank you tater!

If you call LE, check the height also, could be wrong in copying info to file.

Can anyone answer about Bill Beck from post #562 Thread: 50/60 year old Amnesia Victim Savannah, GA Thread #2

his photo

3.) Edward Michael Krantz, case number 20060078 (vertical scar from back surgery)
------------------------------------------------

Re: Bill Beck. It appears there is hardly information at all to go on.
He was in the military so the story says, and if so, his fingerprints would be on file. BK's fingerprints not on file with military.
His son could probably send a letter to Social Security office, asking them to give that letter to his dad, if his dad is still alive. It would be up to his dad to answer the letter or not.
Salvation Army does try to reunite family members.
IMO; This is not BK.

his photo

-----------------------------------
1. John Samuel Clifford:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1982dmon.html
IMO: Not a match, he would be over 85 yrs old now.
2. Robert Allen Asher:
IMO: Not a match: would be only 49 yrs old now.
3. Edward Michael Krantz: did not find Doe Network case.
But BK does not have a vertical scar from back surgery.

I called the Kandiyohi County Sheriff's Department today (they're in charge of Theodore Dengerud's case) and the detective working the case wanted more information on Benjamin, so I gave him his Doe Network URL. He said he'll look into the medical information (scars, surgery, etc.)

I called the Kandiyohi County Sheriff's Department today and the detective working the case wanted more information on Benjamin, so I gave him his Doe Network URL. He said he'll look into the medical information (scars, surgery, etc.)

Which person did you call on?

Theodore Dengerud, sorry for being unclear. I edited my post.

I put submitted on title because that is really what happened IMO, they are now comparing BK to Theodore. Please, Sleuthster, follow up if you don't hear back so we can either rule in our out this missing fellow. Also, try to get as much info about Theodore as you they will give you and if there are other UID's compared to him and ruled out.

Also, why not start a missing thread for him in missing area, if he is not BK, people can already be working on where he may be.

his photo

------------------------------------------------

Re: Bill Beck. It appears there is hardly information at all to go on.
He was in the military so the story says, and if so, his fingerprints would be on file. BK's fingerprints not on file with military.
His son could probably send a letter to Social Security office, asking them to give that letter to his dad, if his dad is still alive. It would be up to his dad to answer the letter or not.
Salvation Army does try to reunite family members.
IMO; This is not BK.

-----------------------------------
1. John Samuel Clifford:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1982dmon.html
IMO: Not a match, he would be over 85 yrs old now.
2. Robert Allen Asher:
IMO: Not a match: would be only 49 yrs old now.
3. Edward Michael Krantz: did not find Doe Network case.
But BK does not have a vertical scar from back surgery.

These need moved to their own threads if more sleuthign is needed, IMO.

Christine, I hope it won't create problems that I essentially did submit Dengerud as a match. (I'm thinking of the "don't dilute" thread, which I have to agree with.)

When I called to ask about Dengerud's physical characteristics (scars, past surgeries, etc.) I felt it necessary to explain why I wanted to know that information, and the detective in charge of the case wanted to read more about BK so I gave him the Doe Network URL for BK's page.

I'll make a thread for Dengerud tomorrow, good idea!

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3472dmmn.html
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/dengerud_theodore.html

He has been missing since April 3, 1982.

He was on his way to pick up his wife from her sister's home, driving in unfamiliar territory, and never made it. His vehicle was found wrecked against a tree at a T-shaped intersection and LE thinks he hit his head on the windshield. His family thinks he may have developed amnesia and could be using a false name.

--

There is no mention of whether LE thinks this could have been a survivable accident. Several possible scenarios:

a) He survived, injured, and is still living with amnesia.
b) He survived, injured, lived with amnesia and a new name but has since passed away.
c) He was able to leave the accident scene but succumbed to his injuries soon after.

Taking the advice "if you hear hoofprints, think horses, not zebras" that was offered in another thread, I'm going to discount the scenario that he faked the accident. I don't see how someone could fake a car accident where the driver hit the windshield.

Any thoughts? He would be 57 now.

tatertot (I love that hat) - Good Work! - also you can give LE the link here at websleuths. It is good for LE to know about us and see the work we do for the missing/unidentified. Then they can always ask us for help if they are so inclined.....

Salem

Any chance this could be Benjaman Kyle? I doubt it, but you never know...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back