WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of MC's hair, the WW also mentioned that she had recently dyed it a red tint. Why?

I have a thought... can we as a group make a template of what is going on, then we can send it to major national media channels? To get the ball rolling! We can decide as a group where we send it first, so we can all comment on their site to make Mackenzie's story more of a priority. It would force the LE to be more on the ball.

Hope this is not too OT ...

20/20 tonight is doing a story about an 18 y.o. woman who begins an online romance with a man (who represented himself as someone he was not) she met in an online chat room, which ends in murder.

Sorry to post it again but this is on my mind and I went back through past threads but couldn't find anything.
Does anyone know if the Tacoma guy has/had a girlfriend that might have gotten jeolous that he was talking to MC? Maybe he has an alibi but what about a jeolous girlfriend that comes to Wenatchee to threaten MC to stay away from her boyfriend and it gets out of hand either on accident or not.....

From what I've seen of the girlfriend (BS), she's totally type A. Probably a spoiled daddy's girl. Just a first impression, but she seems like she is used to having things her way. Doesn't make her a murderer of course--OF COURSE. But I could see her being the type to confront someone over a philandering boyfriend. I'm glad you brought this up... I've been thinking it for awhile.

All my opinion, no intent to besmirch anyone's character. (Of course, when you've got public photos of yourself doing the shocker, you might not care much about your character...haha.)

Oh... friends who've PM'd me... I'm midwifing my girl tonight, so I'll be in and out and will get to the PMs as soon as I can. 3 boys 1 girl so far!

I'm just going to share some thinking out loud for a minute. Last night I drove from Quincy to East Wenatchee and when I passed CB I was thinking of MC, and wondering what the heck happened. It seems like an aweful long drive if you have someone deceased in your back seat. It creeped me out thinking about it, so I have a hard time thinking that the killer would have drove by him/herself w/ a dead person in the back seat. Granted, I'm more scared and paranoid than a murderer, but I still can't imagine driving all that way. Plus, I assume they would be in MC's car (possibly not, though) so there would most likely be blood evidence in her car...unless she was dead by strangulation on her way to CB.
I tried to imagine a simpler scenerio...this is all a guess on what happened...what if MC went to boat launch to meet with the killer, they needed to talk, killer talks her into leaving for the day (maybe she knows she can get away with leaving the beauty school for the day) and they decide to go to CB house to have a chance to talk about something serious. She or the killer knows it's a quiet, secluded place, they get there and getting out of the car, the killer catches her off guard and whacks her with something in the head, knocks her out and strangles her.
I know there are a lot of theories out there, I just can't get over the drive time from East Wenatchee to CB...makes me lean towards thinking she was alive and willing to go there. Did LE confirm that CB was not crime scene?

I'm just going to share some thinking out loud for a minute. Last night I drove from Quincy to East Wenatchee and when I passed CB I was thinking of MC, and wondering what the heck happened. It seems like an aweful long drive if you have someone deceased in your back seat. It creeped me out thinking about it, so I have a hard time thinking that the killer would have drove by him/herself w/ a dead person in the back seat. Granted, I'm more scared and paranoid than a murderer, but I still can't imagine driving all that way. Plus, I assume they would be in MC's car (possibly not, though) so there would most likely be blood evidence in her car...unless she was dead by strangulation on her way to CB.
I tried to imagine a simpler scenerio...this is all a guess on what happened...what if MC went to boat launch to meet with the killer, they needed to talk, killer talks her into leaving for the day (maybe she knows she can get away with leaving the beauty school for the day) and they decide to go to CB house to have a chance to talk about something serious. She or the killer knows it's a quiet, secluded place, they get there and getting out of the car, the killer catches her off guard and whacks her with something in the head, knocks her out and strangles her.
I know there are a lot of theories out there, I just can't get over the drive time from East Wenatchee to CB...makes me lean towards thinking she was alive and willing to go there. Did LE confirm that CB was not crime scene?

Hi, Eye...

I'm starting to lean toward CB being the murder scene and that she may have gone to crescent bar voluntarily. I'm thinking that there was some blood evidence on the beach with her body, because at one point it sounded like the shoreline where she was found was the kill site. Watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSm-6rPAIb4&feature=channel

Hi, Eye...

I'm starting to lean toward CB being the murder scene and that she may have gone to crescent bar voluntarily. I'm thinking that there was some blood evidence on the beach with her body, because at one point it sounded like the shoreline where she was found was the kill site. Watch this video:

I'm with you on this. The LE may buffer what they say locally. It's a different story when the bigger cities or national broadcasters are asking.

Hey Eye. I have wondered this same thing. Perhaps they went into the house first. LE did say they believed there was still another crime scene, and that is what we have kindof been going on. However; I think many of us are leaning to the same theory you have voiced. That MC went willingly or unwillingly, but alive, to the CB house, and died there. We aren't really sure what LE thinks! I should think it would be a very difficult drive, if MC was either in the back seat or the trunk or the bed of a pick up. I should think the drive back home without her was even more difficult, tho. I don't say home to implicate anybody. I mean it literally, that the killer had to go home, knowing she was not only dead, but all alone out there. If the killer loved her at all, let's hope their dreams are haunting them into confessing, soon.

Hi, Eye...

JMO....She went with the perp to CB. The perp drove her car after the murder to PC and then went to the spec house to clean up before returning home (could not come home and clean up). It may be more simple than what we have been thinking. If it happened this way then so called perp, (that some of us suspect) could still have time to get a haircut. This would be the way he could try to create an alibi.

I have a thought... can we as a group make a template of what is going on, then we can send it to major national media channels? To get the ball rolling! We can decide as a group where we send it first, so we can all comment on their site to make Mackenzie's story more of a priority. It would force the LE to be more on the ball.

How would we go about doing that, and, would it hurt the current investigation?

I, like others, am frustrated with this case. I don't watch the crime shows, or even the news for that matter (because frankly its too depressing), so I really have no idea if this is the norm in an investigation. To me, it seems, that this case isn't going to be solved. I so want to see MC's family get closure on this. Not only them, but this town as well.

This just seems like a case that you hear about in the national news, yet, it has remained isolated in Washington state.

Just my thoughts on the matter..........

No, they have not confirmed one way or the other. At first they said "We believe where her body was found is the crime scene" (paraphrased), but then they started talking of a third scene (no particulars on what kind of scene).

I also think she went there willingly, though maybe with some reluctance or trepidation. Maybe to talk, maybe for a "legitimate" reason, such as viewing the house. With her connections to both builders and real estate it would have been easy for someone to make an excuse to get her there.

I've also made the drive several times in the last few weeks and it is very hard for me to believe that someone would take either a dead body or an unwilling passenger to that location. I just don't see it. And with LE all over the situation from the day she went missing I also find it hard to believe that anyone close to the family or Mac would have had the time or cojones to take her body there or revisit the scene to do things to her.

I think it's very simple. She went there for whatever reason, she was killed very soon after arriving, the killer fled within a short time frame, took care of her car then walked home.

I'm not sure this murder was premeditated, but I think the confrontation that led to her murder was.

I don't think there were any accomplices, I think the time frame is too tight to allow for the recruitment of them, and I think if accomplices were recruited with a lie, ie- "Oh, can you pick me up? I was visiting a friend up PC and the car broke down, ect..." they would have rolled over in a heartbeat. I think recruiting an "unwilling" accomplice would have taken more time (using blackmail, coersion ect...).

How would we go about doing that, and, would it hurt the current investigation?

I, like others, am frustrated with this case. I don't watch the crime shows, or even the news for that matter (because frankly its too depressing), so I really have no idea if this is the norm in an investigation. To me, it seems, that this case isn't going to be solved. I so want to see MC's family get closure on this. Not only them, but this town as well.

This just seems like a case that you hear about in the national news, yet, it has remained isolated in Washington state.

Just my thoughts on the matter..........

I have dealt with the LE in this county for many years and have had friends that have dealt with them. The LE & politics always wants everything kept hush, hush. In my opinion it's hush in MC's case because they are afraid of not doing things right because they do not have the experience and they are terrified to have the mistakes thrown in their face like with the sex ring scandal in 1994-1995 (google it). It is a common practice in most cities for the papers and media to report on much more than what has happened here. I know from working in the broadcasting field, locally, for 12 yrs. that the LE has control over what is reported on and what is not (unlike other places). I have been well aware of rapes and other horrific crimes in our area and the LE and media keeps it quiet. Because we are a vacation attraction.... and they do not want to alarm the visitors nor stray people from moving to this community. They want the population to grow so we thrive. $$$$$

P.S. I no longer work for the media. I could not handle the dishonesty B.S.

JMO....She went with the perp to CB. The perp drove her car after the murder to PC and then went to the spec house to clean up before returning home (could not come home and clean up). It may be more simple than what we have been thinking. If it happened this way then so called perp, (that some of us suspect) could still have time to get a haircut. This would be the way he could try to create an alibi.

With this scenario, I'm wondering by what means the perp would have traveled to the spec house and then on to the hair cut spot if the car he had been driving was up PC....

Do you guys know rapes have happened many times in enchantment park in Leavenworth, East Wenatchee; Macy's parking lot, and in Wenatchee; Albertson's parking lot? Have they reported about that. OR... even warned the public? This is a fact!

I have dealt with the LE in this county for many years and have had friends that have dealt with them. The LE & politics always wants everything kept hush, hush. In my opinion it's hush in MC's case because they are afraid of not doing things right because they do not have the experience and they are terrified to have the mistakes thrown in their face like with the sex ring scandal in 1994-1995 (google it). It is a common practice in most cities for the papers and media to report on much more than what has happened here. I know from working in the broadcasting field, locally, for 12 yrs. that the LE has control over what is reported on and what is not (unlike other places). I have been well aware of rapes and other horrific crimes in our area and the LE and media keeps it quiet. Because we are a vacation attraction.... and they do not want to alarm the visitors nor stray people from moving to this community. They want the population to grow so we thrive. $$$$$

Everything you said is very interesting. I lived here during the sex ring scandal and it was insane. The past cases can really give us an idea of how the LE in this town handles big things like this.

I just feel like we should know more, be kept more up to date, and that someone other than just the local police should be involved. Yes, I know the FBI was involved at one point, but I don't know if they still are. Since we are hearing nothing anymore, I have no idea.

It just doesn't seem right, or normal, for everyone to be kept in the dark regarding this case. If it truly is so they can catch the POI or suspect, then I can respect that. But I am just leary that this might not be the case here.

I think you're right! I've seen this in my own town. They want to make it a primo "retirement community," but dare they put in the local paper that a prostitute was carved into tiny pieces in one of the nicer hotels in town? Or that a woman was found on the bank of a lake, disemboweled? And another young girl was shot, run over, and left for dead by a gang member? None of this is reported in the paper because, if tourists quit coming here, then the tourism tax that pays the city employees (like the police) plummets.

Does Wenatchee have the same "good ol' boy" elitist system that you find in many stagnant places in the south? If so, that explains a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer