WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanx amysmom. Is this really the same post??? From 2009. I thought it was recent.

It's the only call to LE re: trash with 'someone's name on it' that was posted here so I do believe this is what you saw & maybe on 3/5..Not sure about the date & it was only posted because of the importance of the location.

ETA..You do mean posted here & not only on Mason Tribune right?

If there was some sort of construction work going on at CB, which I have heard, that there was... (rumor), then I wonder if any car pooling was going on?

Rio, Melissa, JamesVic, &? have all been to CB in the past few weeks so they would know about construction work in the area..I assume that is where you mean & not the house at CB.

Yes CB in general, heard today, that work was going on out there by ( I even hate to give initials)...someone who was recently layed off by JF

I'm in crescent bar right now if anyone has any questions.... I could do some sleuthing :)

That would be great.. Can you chat with some folks to see if someone WALKING on the beach, actually turned this body sighting in? Does not seem like a comfortable rocky/wet mid morn walk.. when there is great walks in the area not so rough, just a thought, it could possibly have been a different type of tip to LE ??? May be out of here... but just a thought..

While I don’t think this applies to the MC case, here is something interesting I found; this could be related in a way I guess?

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/108666_missingday18.shtml

This is part 2 of a series published by the Seattle PI.

Lackluster follow-up doesn't matter in most cases, which routinely solve themselves when people return home or are otherwise located.
But such investigative failures can also help a killer.

Verification of missing-person reports can be especially important. Often, killers file the reports themselves to throw off suspicion, Keppel found in a 1987 study.

bbm

I wonder how often that occurs and if LE has determined methods for identifying when that might be the case?

I do not believe that occurred in the MC case. But it's possible, maybe probable, that given what we've been reading (rumors of doubling up of BFs) that the murderer is someone close to home who might not have reported MC missing but may have participated in the initial searches. I consider that to be the same as a murderer reporting someone missing. I would like to see a study to determine that frequency, as well.

I just Hope we still have a few investigators outside of these counties HERE working on this.. Bad feeling, .......... GB MC for now N all...

It does help a lot BUT I need to know in what direction you believe her feet were IF they were in the stream vs the lake/river..TIA!

East (since only MC's feet were in the "water").

Yes CB in general, heard today, that work was going on out there by ( I even hate to give initials)...someone who was recently layed off by JF

I haven't seen any construction being done in CB in several months.

Hope this is not too OT ...

20/20 tonight is doing a story about an 18 y.o. woman who begins an online romance with a man (who represented himself as someone he was not) she met in an online chat room, which ends in murder.

I wrote CNN about this story and sent links with everything I could find all I got back was thanks for the tip if we need anymore info from you we will email you:banghead:

Or, she could have met someone from the west side at Snoqualmie Pass, say someone from Tacoma... MOO

The theories that she went to CB of her own accord, and things proceeded at CB gives a very small window to accomplish many of the rumors, drop her car off at PC, and roll in for a haircut at 6pm. Wouldn't anyone have noticed her car at CB? All this would be taking place during daylight hours as, according to NOAA sunrise/sunset for Lat/Long of Wenatchee, sunset would have been 5:16 pm on Feb. 9th. It just doesn't make sense.

What follows is a contrived THEORY:

I believe MC removed her debit card from her purse when she purchased coffee and placed the card in her coat pocket afterward and drove to either the boat dock or someplace nearby for some quiet coffee time. Her cell phone also was in her pocket.

MC then went to Target to meet her BF just after their texting; the 'hey' msg from the BF was a, "hey, where are you I'm waiting for you" tag, and MC's was a "hey I'm on my way" reply.

Once at Target MC started into the store then saw someone (some other 'bf' or more likely a bf-wanna-be) there she did not want to encounter. She left the store but the person she wanted to avoid caught up with her and convinced her to talk over some things because MC had told him previously that she no longer wanted to see him.

MC felt uncomfortable talking in the Target lot so they agreed to talk somewhere else. They left her vehicle at the lot and she and the killer drove in his vehicle, with no particular destination in mind. MC placed her keys in her coat pocket.

The killer drove across the Stevens St. bridge and headed south. During the drive the killer pulled over after a few miles and they settled in the car and talked.

At some point the killer made a move on MC but she refused and they struggled. During the confrontation MC screamed and the killer grabbed her throat to quiet her. Her fighting back and refusing his continued advancing enraged the killer to become more forceful at which time he banged her head against the vehicle door pillar or window ledge. The blow was quite significant and caused MC to pass out from concussion.

The killer then in a panic state started driving again and continued south. While they approached the Crescent Bar property, MC began to stir. The killer pulled in to the CB property driveway but did not pull up close to the house because he was not aware it was there or was not aware it was vacant. He stopped on the curve in the driveway.

MC awakened but the impact caused a concussion and she did not clearly remember what happened at that point but realized she was in some sort of danger after the killer began talking to her again. That refreshed her memory as to what occurred.

MC escaped the vehicle and began to run away but she was still dizzy from the concussion and unable to move quickly. The killer exited the vehicle and began chasing her. In her confusion, MC ran down-slope on the property with the killer immediately behind. They ended up near the duck blind and they struggled.

The struggle was brief as the killer overpowered MC and strangled her. Being unsure of whether MC was alive or dead the killer pulled the knife he always carried and stabbed MC in the throat to ensure she could no longer scream and to cause her death.

The killer took MC's phone, debit card and keys from her coat pocket to make it look like a robbery. He turned off the phone because it either rang or he was aware of cell phone locating.

The killer tried to use the stream water to wash off the splattered blood from the stabbing but the sky became busy with helicopters that were being used in the search for the missing snowmobiler.

The killer wanted to hide quickly and ran towards his vehicle but realized he might transfer blood to his vehicle. He looked around and noticed the house was empty and broke in to the house to wash up.

He returned to his vehicle and drove back to Wenatchee. He knew he was seen at Target but he believed no one saw him there with MC. To be sure, he wanted to make it appear as if MC was never there that day. He exited his vehicle and entered MC's vehicle and drove it in the opposite direction from where he killed MC.

The killer abandoned MC's car up Pitcher Canyon Road and walked back to Wenatchee and returned to his vehicle.

Remember: that is a THEORY ... 'moo' applies!

Early on, it was reported there was evidence of homicide in the house and on the beach.

The search with helicopters began the morning after MC's car was found on Wed., 2/10. The search effort for the missing snowmobiler began Thr., 2/11.

Feb 13th - The woman was found 50 yards from an empty house that is for sale, Gjesdal said. Investigators were searching the house Saturday night, along with a large crime scene area they marked around it.
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/...-find-this-monster-sheriffs-spokesman/?online

Feb 18th - “It appears she was put there by someone,” said Jerry Moore, chief of administration for the Chelan County Sheriff’s Office on Saturday.
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/...or-help-from-video-parking-lot-images/?online

Feb 22nd - “But we still don’t know where she was killed,” Smith said. “So we may have another crime scene at some point.”
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/22/police-awaiting-state-crime-lab-results/?online

Mar 12th - “To the extent that none of the searches to this point have revealed where the actual homicide occurred or evidence pointing to a suspect...
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/mar/12/cowell-case-still-a-mystery/?online

East (since only MC's feet were in the "water").

Right..so then her body was laying east to west vs north to south which is how I pictured it all along..IOW! Her head facing the house with the rest of her under brush with just her feet exposed towards the beach..That seems the most logical way to "place" the body to me..If (in fact) it was laying what I'll call 'side-to-side' it had to be at the very east end of the brush line where the river comes into play..If this is not correct please let me know.

Does that seem odd to anyone else? and I'd like to know how far is that exactly from the duckblind? TIA!

Just wondering if everyone thinks perp had his own vehical at the Boat Launch as well, or if perps vehical was already conveinently in place somewhere? PC CB? Just a thought?

I honestly don't know..I suppose all scenarios work with parking at PC the best option for the perp but then that car would've been also noticed by the property owners prior to them going out for dinner (?) unless it was in the area but not the same exact location..Maybe not even on PC but close enough.

The woman was found 50 yards from an empty house that is for sale, Gjesdal said. Investigators were searching the house Saturday night, along with a large crime scene area they marked around it.
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/...-find-this-monster-sheriffs-spokesman/?online

sbm

50 yards from house? That's only 1/2 the size of a football 'playing' field so not far at all..Unless they mean the end of the yard vs the house itself?

Now I'm more :waitasec: then ever. :banghead:

According to google earth the distances from the corner of the garage to the river's edge at the point the stream meets the river is 66.87 yards. This is with the river level higher then it has been more recently. The duck blind would have been just to the left of the stream outlet at about 62 yards. When the water level was lower, as on the day the body was found, that would be about 77 yards from river "water" to corner of garage.

The 50 yard point appears to be about halfway through the heavy brush, maybe even less, (it's hard to tell where the lower east lawn ends and the heavy brush starts on the google earth image).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater