FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
"She was last seen at 2:45 p.m. walking home from school near West Gano Avenue and Debarry Avenue. She was with her brother and friends, but separated from them, running ahead towards her home."
http://wokv.com/localnews/2009/10/clay-county-authorities-search.html#more
Now the sister is a brother! That has to be the quickest "operation" ever. The pink skull backpack morphed into a Hanna Montana one. That is some horrible reporting. I hope that tomorrow, if they haven't found her, they at least get the facts straight. Good night, all, and hopefully, tomorrow Somer and Haleigh will be found.

I am also out of here for the night. If there are searchers looking all night long, I pray they get an extra dose of grace to continue on!

Just logged on and saw this case and thought "Please God, not again".

I read through all 11 pages of this thread, and, like always it seems, keep hearing conflicting reports about the kind of backpack she had (pink with skulls and hearts, or Hannah Montana) to what time this was reported into authorities (5, 5:30, 6:30, etc). I REALLY wish the media would just get the story verified and straight before reporting it.

Something seems off about this case, I agree with LoveMyDogs.

"She was last seen at 2:45 p.m. walking home from school near West Gano Avenue and Debarry Avenue. She was with her brother and friends, but separated from them, running ahead towards her home."
http://wokv.com/localnews/2009/10/clay-county-authorities-search.html#more
Now the sister is a brother! That has to be the quickest "operation" ever. The pink skull backpack morphed into a Hanna Montana one. That is some horrible reporting. I hope that tomorrow, if they haven't found her, they at least get the facts straight. Good night, all, and hopefully, tomorrow Somer and Haleigh will be found.

From what I understood she was with her brother AND her sister, and then some friends. I could be wrong though. All this media mis-reporting is driving me crazy.

Updated and snipped:

CLAY COUNTY, FL -- The search for seven-year-old Somer Renee Thompson of Orange Park continues into a cold Tuesday morning.

Deputies with the Clay County Sheriff's Office want people to search everywhere around their homes for the missing girl.

The little girl hasn't been seen since Monday afternoon. The girl's mother notified the sheriff's office around 5 p.m. that her daughter had not returned home from school.

"Her mother began looking for her, and after about two hours, [she] flagged down a patrol car and reported that Somer did not come home this afternoon," said Clay County Sheriff Rick Beseler.

Thompson is a second-grader at Grove Park Elementary. Police say she is a white female, 3 feet 5 inches tall and about 65 pounds. She has brown hair and was last seen wearing a cranberry colored jumpsuit with pink striped sleeves.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/news-article.aspx?storyid=146917

link to Somer's endangered missing poster-states that her backpack and lunchbox is purple Hannah Montana.

http://www.ncmec.org/missingkids/se...seNum=1133666&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

She is not listed under an Amber Alert-probably didn't meet the "criteria"-grrrrrr.

If the comment posted on the Jax news site is true (recent attempted abduction-license plate number reported)-I sure hope the vehicle and its owner has been tracked down.

Why does this stuff happen in FL so often? No offense to any Floridians intended.

ok, so Somer was with friends and a twin brother. Father is in North Carolina...he has been accounted for... I'm hearing it on First coast news right now...

10 days ago... blue Nissan Sentra .... people in this car tried to lure a child into that car... they are not sure if this is connected or not...

sorry for the multiple posts but wanted to relay the info as I hear it.

10 days ago... blue Nissan Sentra .... people in this car tried to lure a child into that car... they are not sure if this is connected or not...

Did it say how close the location of where the blue car was seen 10 days ago to the last known location of Somer?

Did it say how close the location of where the blue car was seen 10 days ago to the last known location of Somer?

except the incident happened within a block of where Somer was last seen Monday afternoon

Good Morning,

I work close by to were this little girl went missing. The search was huge last night and the community is really coming together. I just hope they find her. It was really cold last night for her to be out somewhere. I also work at an elementary school and it will be interesting to see if parents care enough to pick their children up today. I hope they will find her.

I sure hope no kids are walking home today...that's for sure. Ridiculous that any SMALL children should be walking in the first place. It's terrible... a 7 yr old child cannot defend themselves.

If u live within a mile of the school u walk here in florida. unless its changed.

The rule here in Orlando (Seminole County) is that if you live within 2 miles, there is no bus service. There is an elementary school within 2 miles of my house and every day there are children walking (or biking) to/from school. Not only that, but we live in a gated community and they mark the 2 mile radius starting at the front gate. Once inside the gate, some of these children live an additional mile or more away! I regularly see kindergarteners walking to and from school. Even in the rain.

I am blessed to be able to stay home with my children so I can drive them. My kids go to a different school or I would drive as many kids as would fit in my car!

The rule here in Orlando (Seminole County) is that if you live within 2 miles, there is no bus service. There is an elementary school within 2 miles of my house and every day there are children walking (or biking) to/from school. Not only that, but we live in a gated community and they mark the 2 mile radius starting at the front gate. Once inside the gate, some of these children live an additional mile or more away! I regularly see kindergarteners walking to and from school. Even in the rain.

I am blessed to be able to stay home with my children so I can drive them. My kids go to a different school or I would drive as many kids as would fit in my car!

bbm... that makes me sick! It seriously makes me angry to know that these little kids have to fend for themselves for sometimes up to 2 miles or more. I don't care if they walk in groups... it's like a big present to a sex offender regardless of the amount of kids... he/she would snatch them all if they felt the urge & could get away with it. Which is exactly what I think happened here.

Well, I was so hoping I would wake this morning & see this child had been found. I think we all know she isnt hiding. No child would hide that long. They get cold, gotta pee, get hungry. Like so many other cases, this is not looking good.

Good morning y'all.

I had such high hopes that I would log on this morning and she would have been found. It hurts my heart that she is still missing.
When I heard she had run off before I was like, ok, so this may not be that bad. But, it's been too long.
Everybody, please say a quick prayer for her. She needs it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77