Andrea Lyons ~ Tapes and Lectures And RECENT MEDIA

Thanks so much Sleutherontheside ... excellent work!! I don't know how you found these but I truly appreciate your effort and transcription ! I've been wanting to find out more about Lyon and her "perfect" record ... she sure is getting a lot of exposure in this case but I'm thinking it's not the kind she wanted !!
Again, thank you and if you don't mind I would like to link to you're thread over on Insessions.
Maybe you could send these links to Kathi Belich! LOL

Thanks so much Sleutherontheside ... excellent work!! I don't know how you found these but I truly appreciate your effort and transcription ! I've been wanting to find out more about Lyon and her "perfect" record ... she sure is getting a lot of exposure in this case but I'm thinking it's not the kind she wanted !!
Again, thank you and if you don't mind I would like to link to you're thread over on Insessions.
Maybe you could send these links to Kathi Belich! LOL

I am sure that media already reads here. HaHa I don't mind a link to thread. Only to my posts.

I listened to the podcast, interesting.

Cost versus Benefit?

While AL should have known what to expect at this interview she does do herself a dis-service both in terms of the KC case and her book. She definitely needs a PR person as a handler but also needs to try to bring people on board to care about her mission and work rather than be seen as AL against the world and treat it confrontationally.

She needs to educate and raise awareness. I think that the issue is, she took on the KC case to enable publicity for her book but it is a double-edged sword in that while it garners the publicity ..... people are very passionate about the case and Justice for Caylee.

AL needs to pick one. Either promote your book and your anti-DP message OR defend KC. To me they are in conflict since KC is the wrong person to use to gain public support and sympathy that she should not face Murder 1 and the DP. AL needed someone she can soft sell to aid her work not someone who creates such passion.

Very well put and ITA!
It's been my thought also that Lyon's exposure in this case has not only hurt her reputation and cause, but also her book sales which she no doubt thought would do the opposite ... I couldn't be more pleased!

I have a favor to ask of fellow members...........This comes from me....ordinary average poster.......please listen to, evaluate, and discuss the AL interviews like the professionals that we all are. I think that the interviews are quite interesting given the multitude of AL personalities we are seeing. She IMO is attempting to "play to her audience" and failing IMO to show any consistency in her demeanor or opinions. For example......Steve Malzberg is known to stir it up....he is brash and "in your face" it's his "thing". I think that Andrea went into the interview with her guard up and on alert. She morphed into someone "not to mess with". Her interview with Meredith Viera demonstrated an entirely different demeanor. She appears one way in court, yet resorts to "bullying" outside the courthouse. She portrays herself as the "advocate" for preserving life yet seems not to respect those who oppose her. Let's be sure to discuss the real contradictions in her actions and refrain from just "bashing". Bashing is for other forums.....we are far better AND brighter than that. Climbing off soapbox and hiding behind sofa. HeeHee

This is not directed to ANYONE.......I just anticipate it heating up.

Thank you, Sleuther-The example that you provided of her inconsistencies gives me some direction of thought, too.
I have philosophical differences with AL that could, for the most part, be better suited for a different forum here at WS (other than the Caylee forum), so I will try to be as specific as possible as to how her court presentation here contradicts her stated intentions:

-Ms. Lyon sums us female State Attorneys as....men in high heels; Masculine. As if in order to play in that club, you have to be like the boys. Yet she touts her own accomplishments as a successful woman, painting a picture of this magnificent glass ceiling that she has broken. Where's the love, sister?

-Ms. Lyon has referred to jurors as 'killers'-Yet, for KC's benefit, she seeks to strictly define a killer as one who had means and motive, and apparently evidence that ties them to the body (and will tell us KC had neither the means nor the motive and did not place the body). So just for fun, I guess I should ask-Do the jurors have the means to personally murder KC by their own individual hands? Do the jurors have a motive for sentencing someone they never met? Though someone completely different, the executioner, actually euthanizes inmates, can we tie the jurors to the bodies? No. Furthermore, jurors cannot possibly pre-meditate the act of murdering KC, because they don't actually take her life and probably don't know how to give the injection dosage.
AL does not make the assumption that the jurors serve in good faith, she makes the assumption that they are vicious, want to subvert justice for KC, and want to kill the lowly single mom-
She takes a confrontational posture with the jurors that goes beyond being KC's advocate-as if she has to rage against the People of Florida's machine.

-I believe she came to Florida to shake things up in the DP arena and she has grown used to arming herself for the fight. She will be more clever than the jurors, she will ask the judge to do things he cannot do (she already has), she will appeal on the basis of things that are not appealable. She will attempt to contort the system and ultimately, she'll throw the jurors under the bus.
But she needs those jurors, doesn't she? My opinion is that she needs KC to be sentenced to death more, if she is to attain her ultimate goal of abolition of the death penalty. She can use the conviction as a conduit to the higher courts, and get the reversal, the loophole, the precedent she is looking for. Imagine the fame she would have amoungst her colleagues if she found a way to usurp the death penatly laws at the Supreme Court level, setting precedent thereafter. She can't get there without the initial conviction-Maybe she came to town having figured KC would be found guilty, it would be another shot for her, one way or the other.

Thank you, Sleuther-The example that you provided of her inconsistencies gives me some direction of thought, too.
I have philosophical differences with AL that could, for the most part, be better suited for a different forum here at WS (other than the Caylee forum), so I will try to be as specific as possible as to how her court presentation here contradicts her stated intentions:

-Ms. Lyon sums us female State Attorneys as....men in high heels; Masculine. As if in order to play in that club, you have to be like the boys. Yet she touts her own accomplishments as a successful woman, painting a picture of this magnificent glass ceiling that she has broken. Where's the love, sister?

-Ms. Lyon has referred to jurors as 'killers'-Yet, for KC's benefit, she seeks to strictly define a killer as one who had means and motive, and apparently evidence that ties them to the body (and will tell us KC had neither the means nor the motive and did not place the body). So just for fun, I guess I should ask-Do the jurors have the means to personally murder KC by their own individual hands? Do the jurors have a motive for sentencing someone they never met? Though someone completely different, the executioner, actually euthanizes inmates, can we tie the jurors to the bodies? No. Furthermore, jurors cannot possibly pre-meditate the act of murdering KC, because they don't actually take her life and probably don't know how to give the injection dosage.
AL does not make the assumption that the jurors serve in good faith, she makes the assumption that they are vicious, want to subvert justice for KC, and want to kill the lowly single mom-
She takes a confrontational posture with the jurors that goes beyond being KC's advocate-as if she has to rage against the People of Florida's machine.

-I believe she came to Florida to shake things up in the DP arena and she has grown used to arming herself for the fight. She will be more clever than the jurors, she will ask the judge to do things he cannot do (she already has), she will appeal on the basis of things that are not appealable. She will attempt to contort the system and ultimately, she'll throw the jurors under the bus.
But she needs those jurors, doesn't she? My opinion is that she needs KC to be sentenced to death more, so that she can use the conviction as a conduit to the higher courts, and get the reversal, the loophole, the precedent she is looking for. Imagine the fame she would have amoungst her colleagues if she found a way to usurp the death penatly laws at the Supreme Court level, setting precedent thereafter. She can't get there without the initial conviction-Maybe she came to town having figured KC would be found guilty, it would be another shot for her.

Well done.

I have a favor to ask of fellow members...........This comes from me....ordinary average poster.......please listen to, evaluate, and discuss the AL interviews like the professionals that we all are. I think that the interviews are quite interesting given the multitude of AL personalities we are seeing. She IMO is attempting to "play to her audience" and failing IMO to show any consistency in her demeanor or opinions. For example......Steve Malzberg is known to stir it up....he is brash and "in your face" it's his "thing". I think that Andrea went into the interview with her guard up and on alert. She morphed into someone "not to mess with". Her interview with Meredith Viera demonstrated an entirely different demeanor. She appears one way in court, yet resorts to "bullying" outside the courthouse. She portrays herself as the "advocate" for preserving life yet seems not to respect those who oppose her. Let's be sure to discuss the real contradictions in her actions and refrain from just "bashing". Bashing is for other forums.....we are far better AND brighter than that. Climbing off soapbox and hiding behind sofa. HeeHee

This is not directed to ANYONE.......I just anticipate it heating up.

Why don't we just call her like she is: a chameleon-like narcissist, just like her client! :angel::crazy:

So....this evening I listened to a lecture that AL gave at the Kentucky Public Defender College. This speech was given at a conference back in 2008. Some interesting highlights worth noting..... AL says...and I quote....." My one and only negotiation tool is........ you, let's pick a jury".

Additionally, she goes into great detail about voir dire and describes part of her strategy.....She knows that each potential juror will be asked what they think mitigation means. Then she obtains transcripts taken during voir dire....when questioning a juror she appeals to them on a personal level from info in their answers given during initial voir dire. She uses the transcripts to find a common ground. She gave an example of a woman she was questioning. She noted that the woman was wearing "sensible shoes", lived in a "racist neighborhood" (in her words...you know the kind where you have to fill out a questionairre to prove how racist you are before you can move in. haha) had a husband who was employed by so and so. BUT, she noted that when the woman got up, she had on a purple slip and she figured this woman must be a nut so she agreed to have her on the jury. According to AL, that woman caused a hung jury and her client got off.

AL also went into explicit detail about how to talk up the "bad photos" that the pros will present. Her advice is to make them seem far worse than they really are so that the jury will be disappointed that they were not as bad as they anticipated. She advises beginning this set up in voir dire and in opening.

For more juicy tidbits go to link and listen to the lecture.

http://recordings.talkshoe.com/rss48591.xml

BBM

Still working my way through the last half of the lecture but this made me wonder how on earth she intends to "talk up the bad photos" of Caylee so the jury will actually think that those autopsy photos of this poor baby are really not that bad after all ??? This strategy of shock them now, so they won't be shocked later is going to backfire in this case, I have a feeling ... Maybe Lyon has another strategy for innocent two-year olds who have been duct-taped to death and thrown away ??

sleutherontheside Thanks So Much For The Links!
I hope you don't mind I added them to the Main Media & the Astrology Time-Stamped threads for future reference etc.!

Now I hope to be able to listen all the way through without losing my internet connection! :crossfingers: O/T: My net card & router are not working, but my parents laptop has been able to connect to an unsecured weak & unreliable connection nearby!

I appreciate everyones posts discussing the audio, esp. in case my connection won't stay long enough to listen without it taking hrs to get through while waiting for the laptop to reconnect again. :grouphug:

I should have my PC fixed by the weekend....Boy do I miss my 28" HD flatscreen monitoras well. Sorry for my rant about my PC probs...it's really getting to me since I have dealing with it for several weeks now. Posting can be a nightmare or not depending on the connection!

Had to try to post you & thank you for your wonderful sleuthin & sharing what you have found with all of us! Better post before I lose my connection! :banghead:

:hug:'s & :rose:'s For You sleutherontheside!

ETA: Here's a direct audio link to the 1/12/10 Show for future reference!

The Steve Malzberg Show-January 12,2010-Hour 2 1/12/10
Steve speaks with Andrea Lyon, author of Angel of Death Row, discusses
her book and avoids any questions regarding the Caylee Anthony Case

Audio Link:
http://www.wor710.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=4311671

:angel:

I hope Judge Strickland is taking note of all the time AL is spending traveling and doing interviews. IIRC she had the trial pushed back because she would be too busy TEACHING.

Thanks everyone for the links and the great discussion of lyon and her methods. I agee that any knowledge we can glean from these interviews, will help in understanding what she may do in the anthony case.

BBM

Still working my way through the last half of the lecture but this made me wonder how on earth she intends to "talk up the bad photos" of Caylee so the jury will actually think that those autopsy photos of this poor baby are really not that bad after all ??? This strategy of shock them now, so they won't be shocked later is going to backfire in this case, I have a feeling ... Maybe Lyon has another strategy for innocent two-year olds who have been duct-taped to death and thrown away ??

Hiya Den, I would bet Hub's right arm that she won't say a word about those pictures. I believe she will do her best, at trial, to ask the Judge to keep them out, citing they are too prejudicial.

I found this article from 1996....
http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:NeUKQOq3ztAJ:www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gwen-garcia-is-a-killer-she-wanted-the-death-sentence-to-be-carried-out-but-others-thought-she-should-live-1324515.html+andrea+lyon+radio&cd=96&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

here is a small snip
Professor Andrea Lyon, of the University of Michigan law school, was Guinevere's lawyer until last summer, when Guinevere fired her for trying too hard to overturn her death sentence. In a letter Professor Lyon wrote on Sunday to the governor of Illinois, Jim Edgar, seeking clemency for her former client, she wrote: "When Gwen began to drink at age 13 (most of her family drinks heavily), it was no surprise. When she was 'dancing' in a disreputable place at age 15, it was no surprise, and when she was hooking thereafter it was no surprise. At least not to any of the mental health professionals I spoke about this case with. Her behaviour is all too typical of abused children: no self-esteem, self-destructive behaviour, sexual promiscuity."

I think it is obvious that throughout her entire career.....Andrea puts HER agenda first. She was fired by a client for pushing too hard to overturn the DP. IMO...Andrea does what Andrea wants.

To everyone who posted so much interesting info on this thread, thanks :)

From all I've read and seen, AL appears to be on a huge book promotion, so if you forgive me, I'll just dismiss it as that.

JMHO, as always.

It amazes me that she uses the FBI's expertise to back her story of "Man put to death but was innocent". It seems that her faith in them waivers depending on the subject matter.

So AL has a Book signing in Chicago @ 6pm on the 20th and a Pre-trial hearing on the 21st in Orlando. Hummmm.

Book signing in Chicago = +$$$
Pro Bono work on CMA case = -$$$
Public Exposure due to case = PRICELESS

So AL has a Book signing in Chicago @ 6pm on the 20th and a Pre-trial hearing on the 21st in Orlando. Hummmm.

Book signing in Chicago = +$$$
Pro Bono work on CMA case = -$$$
Public Exposure due to case = PRICELESS

You said it!

In the lecture given (that I linked in post #1) I found a juicy little tidbit. We'll have to make sure to watch out for RED notebooks during trial.

Andrea advises...
If you have info to use for impeachment, keep it in a separate RED notebook. Reach for the red notebook to find the info you need to impeach their statement later they admit it after 3 times. I've had a juror tell me to get red notebook. HaHa Jurors just start talking to me during trial.

OMG...and I just found this in my notes.......this is from Andrea Lyon..........Build the story up in opening. Have props. Anything you like, plate of spaghetti, anything demonstrative. It doesn’t have to be fancy, just visual. Spaghetti really????????? Guess all our talk here of spaghetti on the wall isn't so far off after all.

In the lecture given (that I linked in post #1) I found a juicy little tidbit. We'll have to make sure to watch out for RED notebooks during trial.

Andrea advises...
If you have info to use for impeachment, keep it in a separate RED notebook. Reach for the red notebook to find the info you need to impeach their statement later they admit it after 3 times. I've had a juror tell me to get red notebook. HaHa Jurors just start talking to me during trial.

OMG...and I just found this in my notes.......this is from Andrea Lyon..........Build the story up in opening. Have props. Anything you like, plate of spaghetti, anything demonstrative. It doesn’t have to be fancy, just visual. Spaghetti really????????? Guess all our talk here of spaghetti on the wall isn't so far off after all.

That is so funny - clearly Andrea does NOT read here!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back