NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, missing from her home 11/10/09 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just catching up with this story. How terribly sad. My first impressions are that Shaniya's mom knew this man, Shaniya was killed in the home and upon death she lost control of her bowels. Coe departed w/ the blanket and Shaniya to dispose of her body. I will not be the least bit surprised if they find her near his home.
Sorry to be so negative. The situation here does not look good at all.

Could a warped mind have been looking for a way back to prison so his HIV treatments could continue? A possible glimmer of hope that he might have hid her rather than killed her if the kidnapping charge would be enough. I know I am grasping at straws but I want to hold out hope until they have a body.

Could a warped mind have been looking for a way back to prison so his HIV treatments could continue? A possible glimmer of hope that he might have hid her rather than killed her if the kidnapping charge would be enough. I know I am grasping at straws but I want to hold out hope until they have a body.

I am praying so hard you are right. :praying:

That thought crossed my mind too. Maybe a really warped mind, but if all he wanted was to go back to jail for medical treatment he could have just robbed a bank or something. I think he had other intentions.

Careful about suggesting letter or email campaigns. Ask Tricia first.

Oh, I am not suggesting any letter campaigns! I would not do that. This would be something I would do on my own without involving anyone else. Actually, I doubt it will do any good or have any influence anyway!

:angel:

wonder if he might be Shaniya's Aunts BF? The one that is living in the home..

Oh, I am not suggesting any letter campaigns! I would not do that. This would be something I would do on my own without involving anyone else. Actually, I doubt it will do any good or have any influence anyway!

:angel:

This guy most like doesn't have a pot to pee in, so I doubt he is going to come up with the bail money.

update

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6402664/
A witness saw a man police believe to be Coe driving away from the Sleepy Hollow Mobile Home Park on Tuesday with the girl in his car, police said. Chance declined to identify the witness or say what time the abduction occurred

That thought crossed my mind too. Maybe a really warped mind, but if all he wanted was to go back to jail for medical treatment he could have just robbed a bank or something. I think he had other intentions.

I dunno; he just might could have gotten away with robbing a bank. I agree he had other intentions and felt he had nothing to lose.

I dunno; he just might could have gotten away with robbing a bank. I agree he had other intentions and felt he had nothing to lose.

If he wanted to make sure he was going to jail, he would have made sure he got caught.

wral.com

article also says Coe has been a POI from early on and was questioned Tuesday and Wednesday.
I'm willling to bet he is either mom's BF or the aunt's BF.

update

A witness saw a man police believe to be Coe driving away from the Sleepy Hollow Mobile Home Park on Tuesday with the girl in his car, police said. Chance declined to identify the witness or say what time the abduction occurred

Wow! So now there will be the video tape backing up this witness.

Thanks for the link, jnTexas!

I wish they had said what time he was seen leaving with Shaniya.

trying to keep hope alive, <sigh> and I know it's farfetched BUT could he be the father of the baby, I know I read in the article that the father is coming in from out of state...but considering Shaniya has her mother's name, could there be question as to parentage? It was previously mentioned that there were custody issues in the home, no specific child mentioned, but maybe if he is the father, he might have kidnapped her and not harmed her in the way I am thinking. I know it's a longshot, but truly hoping this one isn't like most of the others in this forum.

I hope they check into possible video in the 4 mile area between the homes. maybe a gas station or atm caught him driving by. That could possibly help them narrow down where she might be.

Wow! So now there will be the video tape backing up this witness.

Thanks for the link, jnTexas!
==============================
'snipped'
The kidnapping wasn't random, she said, noting Coe knows the Davis family. She declined to elaborate on how he knows the family.
"His relationship to that family ... is part of the investigation," she said.

So, Coe does know them.
And the article says that he lives about 4 miles from the Davis home.

It's happened before. Year ago a postal service carrier shot someone and news came out that he couldn't afford his medical bills with heart condition, I think, and did it to get into prison where he could get health care. And we don't need a health care program??!!

trying to keep hope alive, <sigh> and I know it's farfetched BUT could he be the father of the baby, I know I read in the article that the father is coming in from out of state...but considering Shaniya has her mother's name, could there be question as to parentage? It was previously mentioned that there were custody issues in the home, no specific child mentioned, but maybe if he is the father, he might have kidnapped her and not harmed her in the way I am thinking. I know it's a longshot, but truly hoping this one isn't like most of the others in this forum.

don't know for sure but i think the Mom may have been married to her Father at one time. mom's maiden name is Cox. Found her three myspaces and her I think 2 sisters and one brother. But nothing on there at all. I was hoping to see one of the aunts posting on their myspace about the little girl missing. Mom's last login was in April.

ETA: Mom's myspace shows she is a CNA2 I guess some type of nurse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong