Identified! TN - Jellico, Big Wheel Gap Rd, WhtFem 9-15, 482UFTN, button necklace, bracelet, shoes, Apr'85 - Tracy Sue Walker

I know she was already mentioned but I do see a resemblance between Toni and the Jane Doe. Also, looking at the circumstances of her abduction, it's possible that she was abducted by someone who is driving through town...and then he drove down to Tennessee....

Toni Lynn McNatt-Chiapetta? http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mcnatt-chiapetta_toni.html

I think she's worth looking at. Her eyes look different then the UID, but I'm not sure how much this matters. The bracelet would probably be a good clue...I bet someone would know if that was Toni's.

There is DNA from her mother available. I do not know if it is in CODIS but the FBI took the sample about 6 years ago. According the the Det working the cold case in Broward Co.

Is it possible that these two decedents could have been sisters?

One UID was found in Cheatham County, Tennessee in 1981 and one UID was found in Campbell County, Tennessee in 1985.

Is it possible that these girls could be the missing Lyon sisters, Sheila and Katherine Lyon who disappeared from Maryland in 1975?

Katherine Lyon: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/65dfmd.html
Sheila Lyon: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/64dfmd.html

There is DNA available for the Lyon sisters. No indication of whether they are in CODIS, but if so, it would presumably be a rule-out by default.

But perhaps they might be Peggy Rahn and/or her friend Wendy Brown Stevenson.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/stevenson_wendy.html
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/rahn_peggy.html

Speaking of this case being possibly related with another UID case in connection with related MP cases:

Perhaps Victoria Sanchez could be the Campbell County Jane Doe:

sanchez_victoria.jpg
0716missign-girl1_t600.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/sanchez_victoria.html

... and her friend Yvonne Mestas, the Bowling Green Jane Doe. (which I already suggested on that thread):

mestas_yvonne2.jpg
526UFKY.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mestas_yvonne.html

KY KY - Bowling Green - Female 526UFKY, 12-20, July 1984

The timelines of both UID cases are reasonably consistent to the Mestas/Sanchez DLC.

Aside from the difference in ethnicity, both girls are consistent to the respective UID cases in terms of age, height, etc. I have seen other instances where UID's classified as Caucasian have turned out to be Hispanic (and vice-versa). The differences in skull structure between Hispanics and Caucasians are not as notable as the differences between other races.

Bowling Green KY and Campbell County TN are about 200 miles apart, and are located near a logical route to the Southern Atlantic coast from Southern Colorado (i.e., I-70 to I-84).

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=R...mb2kmGq6xdiDHQIgEStRjLBQ&gl=us&mra=ls&t=m&z=5

Wow, Carl!!! This looks like a good match and would make the most logical sense as to the possibility that these are connected. I think you should def. call this in! I especially see the resemblence with Yvonne to the Bowling Green Jane Doe. I can see it with Victoria Sanchez and the Campbell County Jane Doe too.

Wow, Carl!!! This looks like a good match and would make the most logical sense as to the possibility that these are connected. I think you should def. call this in! I especially see the resemblence with Yvonne to the Bowling Green Jane Doe. I can see it with Victoria Sanchez and the Campbell County Jane Doe too.

I called in the possible of Yvonne to BGJD a couple of months ago. I know it is being looked at.

I think there was a mistake when it was reported that Charlotte Kinsey had silver caps on her lower front teeth. She may have had caps on the sides but I strongly feel that she did not have any in the front. I'm her sister I am much younger but our sister that is 4yrs older then Charlotte said she doesnt recall any silver caps in the front and we havent found any pictures of her with caps in the front. I called to get a DNA exclusion. I still havent heard back

Had some contact with LE. Sent in three names, Raylene Helsley, Sherry Marler and Charlotte Kinsey. The reply was that two were eliminated and the third needed to be looked at. So if one of those eliminated was Raylene, who's the other one? I sure think the composite looks like Sherry. Now we just wait and see on this one.

I can only find one of the three sent in on the excluded list. I called and ask for a DNA camparision on my sister Charlotte Kinsey several weeks ago and am still waiting to get the results. Does anyone know if Raylene was excluded? They said Charlotte had not been excluded when I called.

When looking at this case, I would suggest looking at southern Ohio missing also.

I live in southern Ohio. And over the years there has been a migration of Ky. and Tenn people coming north to find work as Ohio has more industry. But the people of Tenn and Ky hold strong ties to Ky and Tenn, return frequently to visit and etc. And 75 is a straight shot to Tenn and goes right through Campbell Cty.

Campbell Cty residents feel that people from other areas may see Campbell Cty as a good dump site because parts are so isolated.

The whole reason why I started looking at matching the unidentified to missing people was because of Cherie Mahan, missing from my area. The first possible match I turned in was this UID, comparing to Cherie. It was years ago, I wish I remember who I contacted. (I think it might have been Rocky Wells at Doe Network) I think she was ruled out but I thought they resembled eachother, and Cherie was last seen wearing boots, and the UID was found with a pair of nearby. Cherie was 8 when she went missing, and I believe she was just too little and young to be this UID, even though the Doe Network says the UID age is between 9-15, and NamUS says 10-14. Cherie also isn't on the ruleout list.... Here is Cherie's charley profile.http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mahan_cherrie.html

I can only find one of the three sent in on the excluded list. I called and ask for a DNA camparision on my sister Charlotte Kinsey several weeks ago and am still waiting to get the results. Does anyone know if Raylene was excluded? They said Charlotte had not been excluded when I called.

Cartermina,

Here are the list of ruleouts from NamUs, last updated March 28th

Donna Barnhill
Tracy Byrd
Debra J Cole
Melina Creech
Ruth Ann Fields
Melanie Flynn
Rachel Garden
Anna Gotlib
Mary Ann Hogland-McCluskey
Barbra Jean Pauley Hunt
Patricia LeBlanc
Sherry Marler
Tiffany Papesh
Kristi Vorak 1969

When I was little I rember hearing that at one point Royal Russell Long had told a cell mate that he had put Charlotte and Cinda in an old oil well shaft. I dont know it to be fact but I rember hearing the conversation. I dont think he dumped them together, because when Christy Gross was found her friends' remains were not at the same location. I tried backtracking, I listed all the girls that police thought he had abducted, most were never found but 2 were, I was trying to figure out how much effort he put into dumping/hiding the girls afterwards.

It has been suggested by another websleuther, MissSunshine, that the following missing girl might be a match with the Campbell County Jane Doe:

Shannon Lee Potter, 13, Missing since March 3, 1984 from Baltimore, MD

Not mentioned in this case summary is that the family recieved a postcard postmarked about a week after Shannon's disappearance from Florida. This could mean that Shannon or her abductor may have traveled from Maryland to Florida immediately following her disappearance.

Shannon went missing almost exactly a year before the discovery of Campbell County Jane Doe.

There is also some discussion about Campbell County Jane Doe in this "Unidentified" section on a thread titled "Greene County Jane Doe". That unidentified teenaged girl was found the same time as the Campbell County body, and only two counties away. Could both homicides be related?

---------------------------------------
Shannon Lee Potter
Missing since March 3, 1984 from Baltimore, Maryland
Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: July 20, 1970
Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5; 140 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
Marks, Scars: Scars on her abdomen and near her left eye. Fractured pelvis.
Clothing: Shannon may have been wearing high khaki boots and a white fur coat.
Dentals: Available.
DNA: Available.

Circumstances of Disappearance

Potter was last seen in her hometown of Baltimore, Maryland on March 3, 1984.
She lived with her mother in Parkville, and she left home one night through a bedroom window, leaving a note.

Her family thought she'd go stay with her father or someone else in the family. Foul play is suspected.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Potter's whereabouts, please contact:

Baltimore County Police Department
Unit's Unsolved Case Squad
410-887-3943

Email: bcopd@co.ba.md.us

All information may be submitted anonymously.

Agency Case Number: 08E114810

NCMEC #: NCMC601868

NCIC Number: M217369344

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
Baltimore County
Florida Missing Children Information Clearinghouse
The Doe Network: Case File 356DFMD

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/356dfmd.html

I read I believe in Namus report that the boots were described as "hiking" type boots.. not cowboy boots. So, probably not Raylene. But hiking boots are generally "lace up" boots, so that would not rule out someone that is missing that was described as having "lace up shoes".

NamUs has this UID as having 16 ruleouts.. Shannon Potter was added to the list. Raylene Hensley & Cherie Mahan still have not...

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/1577

Here is the list:

Donna Barnhill
Tracy Byrd
Debra J Cole
Ruth Ann Fields
Melanie Flynn
Rachel Garden
Anna Gotlib
Mary Ann Hogland-McCluskey
Barbra Jean Pauley Hunt
Charlotte Kinsey
Patricia LeBlanc
Sherry Marler
Tiffany Papesh
Shannon Potter
Kristi Vorak

What about this girl, Sherry Young missing since June 1, 1984 from Orlando Florida. https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/3137/5/

She was 13 years old when she went missing. The picture they have in NamUs must be from when she was younger..

Here are side by side pics of Sherry and the UID

Sherry Young.jpg 482UFTN2.jpg

What do you think of her?

Here are some ladies who may be matches:
1.) Joan Leigh Hall, missing since 1983 at age 17 from Oregon:
FVhUqWU.jpg

ALz7ACt.jpg

Consistencies:
Out of all of these young women, I think Joan looks like Jellico Jane the most. The eyes and the nose look especially similar. Timeframe works.
Joan's age is close to the doe's estimated age. (seventeen vs around 15)

Inconsistencies:
The distance is way off. Joan either would have had to run away and die in TN in or get abducted, taken there, and get murdered by her abductor(s).
There is no mention of button jewelry in Joan's Charley Project casefile, but that should be taken as a grain of salt since there would have had to be a long passage of time before the body was dumped in the area. (Unless she was killed in Oregon and dumped in Tennessee, which would be plain weird, because it would be easier to dump her body in Oregon or one of the neighboring states even.

2.) Kathryn Mae Quackenbush, 17, missing since 1981 from Maryland:
6ykMLNX.jpg

ALz7ACt.jpg

Consistencies:
Very similar face. Her age is close to the Jane Doe's estimated age, and the passage of time checks out.

Inconsistencies:
Kathryn disappeared from an area that is far away from where the doe was located.
Again, no mention about jewelry in her casefile.

3.) Marjorie Christina Luna, age 8, missing from Florida since 1984:/B]
6ZYt434.jpg
ALz7ACt.jpg

Consistencies:
Marjorie's age is close to the estimated age of the Jane Doe. Her nose looks very similar to the doe's, but her eyes aren't as close together. The timeframe is working.

Inconsistencies:
The eyes aren't close enough together.
Marjorie disappeared from Florida, which is not as far away as the other girls that I mentioned before, but still far. Her abductor would've needed to get through another state before reaching Tennessee, not to mention the fact that Greenacres City, FL is on the East Coast, meaning the abductor would've needed to travel within Florida a lot to even get to Alabama.
No mention of button jewelry again.

4.) Wendy Lynn Huggy, age 16, missing from Florida since 1981:

hfaUL4t.jpg
ALz7ACt.jpg

Consistencies:
Age is very close to the estimated age of the JD.
Face shape is very alike, but the nose is stubbed on the bottom, while the JD's nose is more pointy. The eyes are also not as close.

Inconsistencies:
Even though her location is probably the closest to the location of the JD (her location leads directly to Alabama, unlike Luna's, she's still very far away from where the body was found.
The nose is slightly off.
The eyes are far apart.
Wendy was pregnant, but I wonder if it would make a difference considering only 32 of the doe's bones were found.

:twocents:

(I don't know much about facial shape, please correct me if I'm wrong :v)

Anubis mentioned this a while back (#34). Anyway, I just can't picture where this poor girl was found. The road is hard to find on online maps (i.e. it's visible on one "topo/terrain," "satellite image" or "map" view but not the other view of the same area). I know where Big Wheel Gap (the actual land formation) is and sometimes there is a road labelled there and sometimes not.

One of the possible reasons the maps are so erratic is that (from looking at the aerial photos) the entire area is spotted with strip mining. It could have literally changed the landscape and cut off the road. Or it could have made living up there unfeasible and the roads are no longer maintained.

In relation to this Doe, whether the place is still around as it was or not, the gap or any road through it would NEVER have been "easily accessible" to anyone that would qualify as a mere "passerby." A truck with 4WD could perhaps make it up there. Some places looked like you might need a smaller 4-Wheeler to pass.

Could she have been found by a mining speculator? Someone going to an old family cememtery?
Or could there be another "Wheel Gap" around Campbell county that it could be? I know there are variations of either "Stone Gap" or "Rock Gap" and other gaps that neighboring counties may have with the same name

It looks like Big Wheel Gap Road is where Capuchin Creek Road hits a dead-end.

Definitely not a place where someone would go if they were just passing through.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back