MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I caught that too, iirc one boy is her's and the other boy is his, lisa is theirs I would like to know which boy is her's and which is his

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44798732/ns/today-today_people/

Lisa Irwin is the youngest of three children who live in the home. Irwin and Bradley are engaged to be married, and also have two children, 8-year-old <modsnip>Irwin--his-- and 6-year-old <modsnip> Bradley--hers--, from previous relationships.

CliffJudy Cliff Judy
CSI crew now scanning the front yard at #LisaIrwin house. Offc says Capt. Young will be here shortly to explain.
1 minute ago

I caught that too, iirc one boy is her's and the other boy is his, lisa is theirs I would like to know which boy is her's and which is his

The older boy is his (age 8) and the younger boy is hers (age 6).

How would a metal detector figure in?
Perhaps the cell phones. They've been in the back yard with the detectors at least once, and perhaps they have returned after a specific tip - can't see any reason for the metal detector treatment again if not. (Front yard this time - just saw BeanE's post of the tweet above.)

Or they could simply be putting on a show in hopes of getting the parents to return to the interview table - "We're out there doing our job, now get back in and help us do it."

Teenage neighbor has been named a POI?

Not named as a POI so far as I know, but was reported this morning that LE had interviewed them and taken a blood sample.

don't have the link to hand, but there was an ABC news article from this a.m. posted upthread(s?!) somwhere.

I've missed the teen neighbor angle. All that I can gather is the teen was a neighbor who was over often? And may know "codes" from the house? I've only garnered that from skimming as I'm packing and moving. Fun but grueling at the same time.

Anyway, if someone feels up to filling me in that would be really appreciated!

I'm quoting myself! I know bad manners but I really want to know:innocent:

NimaKCTV5 Nima Shaffe
@kcpolice here at the home of #LisaIrwin just showing up with the CSI van. Details in a live report coming up on #KCTV5 yfrog.com/nuqmpgaj
6 minutes ago

I'm confusing myself with these tweets. They're at Lisa's house, right? Not another house too?

Perhaps the cell phones. They've been in the back yard with the detectors at least once, and perhaps they have returned after a specific tip - can't see any reason for the metal detector treatment again if not. (Front yard this time - just saw BeanE's post of the tweet above.)

Or they could simply be putting on a show in hopes of getting the parents to return to the interview table.

I get the feeling it is a SIMS card they are hunting for.

Glad you mentioned this, I can't get this case out of my mind. As I was cleaning my kitchen a little while ago, that same thing came into my mind. I thought it was "9" people, perhaps it was 10, but anyway there is no way I could come up with a list of even one suspicious person, much less 9!!

I thought that odd too. Maybe we are just reading too much into it, but it is a bit bizarre if true. JMHO

I believe way back in one of the threads it was explained that LE asked for people that had been in the home or people they had contact with recently (i.e.: grocery clerk, neighbors etc). This would seem to make more sense. I think it was a family member who explained when a reporter questioned how they could come up with that sort of list. There are so many posts I can't point right to it but that seems to make sense to me.

I am totally confused and not sure what I believe happened.

JMOO

I don't understand, what 911 excuse? There was no delay in calling 911 if that's what you mean.

I can't speak for the original poster but my take on it is, if there was something suspicious on one phone that the parents wanted to hide from LE, they might have thought it would stand out and look weird to have just one phone disappear. Why would the one phone have stood out to a kidnapper so s/he would take it? Of course, it might have been the only one that the kidnapper was able to find easily, but if you absolutely didn't want that one phone to stand out to the police you might want to get rid of all of your phones and use the excuse that the kidnapper took them to delay the 911 call. A forest is the best place to hide a tree.

I don't get the metal detectors. Someone help me here. What are they looking for?

NimaKCTV5 Nima Shaffe
@kcpolice here at the home of #LisaIrwin just showing up with the CSI van. Details in a live report coming up on #KCTV5 yfrog.com/nuqmpgaj
6 minutes ago

I'm confusing myself with these tweets. They're at Lisa's house, right? Not another house too?

The first one is another house.

NimaKCTV5 Nima Shaffe
Detectives from @kcpolice at this home in #LisaIrwin neighborhood for the second time. Updates on #KCTV5 News at 6 & 10 yfrog.com/nv3btaj
1 hour ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

http://yfrog.com/nv3btaj

Not named as a POI so far as I know, but was reported this morning that LE had interviewed them and taken a blood sample.

don't have the link to hand, but there was an ABC news article from this a.m. posted upthread(s?!) somwhere.

Wasn't it a DNA sample? That is as simple as a swab of the mouth.

Could it be they feel the phones are near the home?

People who think a dozen names are odd aren't using their imaginations, IMO. If you were in that situation, you'd be throwing out anyone you could think of who knew your family and had had contact with your child. You might think you wouldn't, but if your baby was missing you would.

I'm quoting myself! I know bad manners but I really want to know:innocent:

This could be a babysitter, we don't know, just a teen who was obviously close to family, had the garage access code or something, so they took DNA, possibly for elmination purposes. We don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998