Kyron Horman's general discussion thread for 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Witness' who will say, TH was not the last person to see Kyron that day*

I can say I saw a purple pig fly by my window, it doesn't make my statement factual or true.

I thought there were students who had seen Kryon after TH. I will see if I can find any of the news media articles about that. That's the difficulty with this case. I do back, and some links are dead - the media has taken down some of the articles/videos, and it's gone on so long, there are so many sources to sift through. I've been here from the beginning, and while I remember things from early on, backing up those memories is becoming harder and harder as time goes on.

Plus, even if it appeared that the students saw Kyron after TH, that could have been ruled out by police. Eyewitnesses are never 100% accurate, and when you're dealing with younger kids, I can see how they could be wrong about when they saw him. I will see if I can find those earlier articles.

IIRC, there were students who saw Terri and Kyron touring the science fair in the gym. If we are to believe Terri, she and Kyron took different stairwells up to the classroom floor. She waved at him as he was walking toward his classroom down the hall. The window of opportunity for an abduction or for someone to see him before entering his classroom was extremely small..minutes. We all know his teacher did not see him in the classroom and marked him absent.

I’m not sure what thread to use for this. AND, the following is ENTIRELY conjecture.

I’ve been asking myself: If I were TH and needed a place to hide a body where it might never be found, what kind of location would I choose?

Granted, the immediate neighborhood is quite rural, with plenty of underbrush, steep ravines, and forests which could hide a body forever. But that’s where searchers would look first, right? It’s doubtful I’d go for someplace “just off the road” or “obvious.” I’d also stay away from places popular with hikers or hunters.

I would probably also stay off of Sauvie Island. It’s flat, my vehicle might be noticed (at that time of year) by locals. Plus, since (IMO) TH is a control freak, she wouldn’t use a site (the water) where the discovery of a body is open to chance possibilities: coming to the surface; being snagged by a fishing hook; washing up on a sandbar.

Okay, this is where things get weird. As I thought about “where,” I had an image of a wolf in a creek. Trust me, I am not a psychic and generally believe such claims to be rubbish. But, what the heck. I searched for Wolf Creek in TH’s (then) neck of the woods. Found out the Sunset Highway was formerly the Wolf Creek Highway … found out there’s a Wolf Creek on the way toward the coast. But nothing immediately accessible from the Skyline area. Gave up.

So I started looking at “off the beaten track” yet easy-to-get-to steep ravines. (In the PNW, these are about 100% likely to have a creek.) I studied topo maps and discovered a number creeks/ravines running generally north/south just off Dutch Canyon Road, west of Scappoose. Then, I just about fell off my chair: One of these ravines is the watershed called Wolf Creek, and it appears to be fairly accessible via Rabinsky Road (which intersects with Dutch Canyon Road).

While there are some private homes up Rabinsky Road, these very quickly give way to commercially logged forests; many logging roads. If she DID make her way close to the Wolf Creek ravine, she would be assured no logging concern would find Ky; logging buffers along streams prevent that. The lower part of this area is not popular with bicyclists or hikers. (I checked trail organizations, hoping to find better info on side roads; Wolf Creek does not appear to be along a recommended trail or route.)

This area also “tracks” with alleged cell phone pings, which probably ‘talked’ with the Scappoose tower. (See previous discussions.)

If you look at the following maps, there appears to be a road (probably a logging road) that “y”s off of Rabinsky toward Wolf creek. There are two more logging roads that go straight toward the creek from Rabinsky a little beyond the “y” … one of which appears to be blocked by a berm (at least at the time the satellite image was captured).

Depending on her route that morning (Did she drop Kiara with DDS and/or take them both to her house? Where was Ky? Was he drugged and stashed at the house between the time she left the school and before she made her alibi appearances? If so, did she have to pick him up?) With too many stops, Wolf Creek doesn’t work. But, according the MapQuest, the timeline is just as valid as the far end of Sauvie Island.

Am I nuts?

Topographic
http://www.topoquest.com/map.php?la...83&zoom=4&map=auto&coord=d&mode=zoomin&size=l

Google satellite
https://www.google.com/maps/@45.7560979,-122.9586044,1527m/data=!3m1!1e3

Why don't you call your ideas in to LE?

Why don't you call your ideas in to LE?

It is, unfortunately, a pie-in-the-sky notion, and likely a waste of LE's time. Sigh.

I would love to hear from some locals, however. Anybody from the area familiar with Rabinsky Road?

It could be a waste of LE time,but I doubt if they are doing something on it everyday.

Stranger things have happened. It wouldn't hurt to look there.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

It could be a waste of LE time,but I doubt if they are doing something on it everyday.

Well, the other thing about Wolf Creek is it's just over the county line, in Columbia County. Frankly, when I saw that (being, like TH, a fan of TV police procedurals) my little criminal mind went, "Hum. THAT'S interesting. Outside of Multnomah County's jurisdiction."

At any rate, it's all just a theory ... Aside of the "vision" I had (in which, remember, I do not believe), there's not much to lend credence to my ponderings. IMO, not enough to bother LE.

Would still like to hear from locals who know the area. And thanks to y'all for not laughing at my wild ideas!

New Kyron Horman flier refers to mysterious man

A sign posted outside of Terri Horman's home in Roseburg is raising questions. The flier suggests an "unknown man" may be connected to her stepson's disappearance.

It also includes the following statement: "Kyron Horman was last seen at a public invited Science Fair at Skyline School in Portland OR by witnesses who saw him with an unknown man."

Terri Horman was not available for comment. It's not clear who created the flier.

A spokesman said the public should rely on official law enforcement bulletins from the FBI or local police for information about the case.

http://www.kgw.com/video/featured-videos/Kyron-Horman-flyer-refers-to-mysterious-man-257249831.html

Seriously? Why now? 4 years almost, to have these fliers made up. Why now?
:waitasec:

Very weird.

An unregistered sex offender was recently arrested in Terri's current hometown of Roseburg while trolling a local high school. It's possible that this story either jogged Terri's memory or gave her an idea.

http://www.kpic.com/news/local/Police-Wanted-sex-offender-found-at-Roseburg-High-256563771.html

If that's the case, why not do more than the flier? Why not call up the media?

I'm a fence sitter on this case, but there's no logical explanation for TH creating those fliers. If she's innocent, and something recently jogged her memory, she and her attorney would/should be blasting the media with info, not creating a flier. If she's guilty, this is a pretty pathetic way to shift blame.

In all likelihood, someone else created the flier. Frankly, I find it odd that right after we discussed on this board the janitor, and accounts of Kyron being seen later that day, suddenly there is this flier bringing up similar info.

I put together an extensive Search Timeline for Kyron, and thought I had lost it when my old computer died. I just realized that thanks to the Mods it is still here! :loveyou:

Kyron's Search Timeline - No Discussion

People forget just how many times they searched around the school and then in many places in the woods. They searched ponds and roads around Sauvie Island and all around the Horman home. They did work from the cellphone pings and the FBI was involved.

They did look into the White Truck mystery, but they thought it was connected to TH. They released a flier with a picture of TH and the white truck back in 2010. But at the same time, they were clear that Terri was the last person they believed saw Kyron alive.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/police_issue_questionnaire_ask.html

Kyron Horman's stepmother was the last known person to see the 7-year-old on the day that he disappeared, said Capt. Jason Gates, and authorities hope her photo might help jog the memories of other witnesses.

The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office is distributing a flier showing photos of Terri Moulton Horman and the type of pickup she is thought to have driven on June 4, the day the second-grader disappeared from Skyline School.

. . . Gates said he could not discuss any suspects or persons of interest in the case. He also said that while Kyron could have been abducted by a stranger, Gates does not think there is a need for alarm in the community.

I personally believe the last person to see Kyron alive was TH. All the school staff including the janitor and the guy mowing the grass were interviewed at length and some of the teachers and staff testified to the Grand Jury. If there was something there we would know it by now, I think.

Seriously? Why now? 4 years almost, to have these fliers made up. Why now?
:waitasec:

Maybe police are leaning on her again, so once again they want to throw suspicion somewhere else. Things are probably happening that the public doesn't know about.

I was reading some of the posts and one stuck out. The man that said he saw a white truck pull out of a street north of Logie Trail road. Looking at the map Rainbow lake is off of Morgan road. Was that ever searched ?

For those of us old enough to remember, did the man have one arm as well?

This is in reference to the one armed imaginary man in a murder case years ago on TV,but based on a real story

Wasn't the one armed man the true murderer in the old movie the Fugitive?

But I follow your sarcasm anyway. This new flyer and the revival of the mystery man rumor smacks of Terri Horman

Wasn't the one armed man the true murderer in the old movie the Fugitive?

But I follow your sarcasm anyway. This new flyer and the revival of the mystery man rumor smacks of Terri Horman

Could not remember who the real murderer was but I think it was based on Jeffrey McDonald who said hippies killed his family or was it someone else?

Anyway, nice try of deflection by TH but a little late, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288