Identified! NJ - Blairstown, Cedar Ridge Cemetery, 'Princess Doe', WhtFem 14-18, 36UFNJ, peacock skirt, Jul'82 - Dawn Olanick *charges*

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2007/07/80_attend_memorial_service_for.html

by Ralph R. Ortega Sunday July 15, 2007, 5:19 PM

Eighty mourners showed up for a memorial service in Warren County today to remember Princess Doe, a still-unidentified teenage girl found dead and beaten beyond recognition 25 years ago today.

The brief service just after noon at the girl's grave inside the Cedar Ridge Cemetery in Blairstown, where the girl's body also was discovered, was attended by residents from the small town, joined by others from neighboring communities and police who have not let up on the case.
After exhuming the body in 1999, authorities have continued working to match her DNA with that of other missing girls, said Lt. Stephen Speirs of the Warren County Prosecutor's Office, who is investigating the murder, and attended the service.
Former Blairstown Police Lt. Eric Kranz, who originally worked on the case after the young girl's discovery inside the cemetery by maintenance workers, and who still assists the prosecutor's office, used today's service to "rededicate" himself to the cause of identifying Princess Doe.
Kranz had come up with the name, having referred to his own daughter as "princess," around the time of the murder discovery.
"It's an odd thing indeed to see how something like Princess Doe's murder can be a beacon of hope for all those families out there that don't know the fate of their kid," he said on the rocky grass hill where the girl's grave site is located. Kranz called for dedicating the site as a national memorial, "for all those missing and those that have never been identified post mortem."
Princess Doe, according to a Web site devoted to her by a former Blairstown resident, was described as 14- to 18-years-old, weighing 110 pounds, and standing 5 feet 2 inches tall. She had medium brown, shoulder-length hair. Her eye color is unknown. Both of her ears were pierced. The left one was pierced twice.

From DoeNetwork:

"Police believe Princess Doe was from the Long Island, N.Y. area, and was estranged from her family."

Originally, I had read that the girl was possibly from Florida. What is the evidence that she is now most likely from NY?

Also, Doe Network says that she may have worked at a hotel in Ocean City, Maryland, but the Princess Doe website says that the connection to Ocean City is not credible. Why? I assume that the Princess Doe site is more up to date.

There was an article that explained that once LE looked into, they could not find a credible witness to back up the possibility. The initial reporter that worked that case insisted that it was credible but LE did not seem to think so in the end. The most recent article on AMW indicates that the NYC area is the more likely origin. This makes more sense from a highway point of view because route 80 runs straight from NYC through the area where PD was found.

Just a thought, but has anyone investigated the clothing she was wearing sort of like that 1979 case of the girl we know as Cali?

If it was sold at a specific store, that may help us pinpoint the origins of Princess Doe. For example, if it was a Macy's brand and there were no Macy's in MD at the time (I'm not sure where Macy's was in 1982 but they just entered my region a few years ago after taking over other stores) that may help us a bit. If it came from an indie retailer in the NYC area perhaps one of the designers/merchants would recognize it or could check it against an old catalog assuming they archived back 25 (or more) years?

Just a thought, but has anyone investigated the clothing she was wearing sort of like that 1979 case of the girl we know as Cali?

If it was sold at a specific store, that may help us pinpoint the origins of Princess Doe. For example, if it was a Macy's brand and there were no Macy's in MD at the time (I'm not sure where Macy's was in 1982 but they just entered my region a few years ago after taking over other stores) that may help us a bit. If it came from an indie retailer in the NYC area perhaps one of the designers/merchants would recognize it or could check it against an old catalog assuming they archived back 25 (or more) years?

So far as I know, the clothes were pretty much a dead end. It seems that companies did not keep very specific records of what went where back then. Today it would probably be much different. The same goes for the jewlery.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2007/07/80_attend_memorial_service_for.html

by Ralph R. Ortega Sunday July 15, 2007, 5:19 PM

Eighty mourners showed up for a memorial service in Warren County today to remember Princess Doe, a still-unidentified teenage girl found dead and beaten beyond recognition 25 years ago today.

The brief service just after noon at the girl's grave inside the Cedar Ridge Cemetery in Blairstown, where the girl's body also was discovered, was attended by residents from the small town, joined by others from neighboring communities and police who have not let up on the case.
After exhuming the body in 1999, authorities have continued working to match her DNA with that of other missing girls, said Lt. Stephen Speirs of the Warren County Prosecutor's Office, who is investigating the murder, and attended the service.
Former Blairstown Police Lt. Eric Kranz, who originally worked on the case after the young girl's discovery inside the cemetery by maintenance workers, and who still assists the prosecutor's office, used today's service to "rededicate" himself to the cause of identifying Princess Doe.
Kranz had come up with the name, having referred to his own daughter as "princess," around the time of the murder discovery.
"It's an odd thing indeed to see how something like Princess Doe's murder can be a beacon of hope for all those families out there that don't know the fate of their kid," he said on the rocky grass hill where the girl's grave site is located. Kranz called for dedicating the site as a national memorial, "for all those missing and those that have never been identified post mortem."
Princess Doe, according to a Web site devoted to her by a former Blairstown resident, was described as 14- to 18-years-old, weighing 110 pounds, and standing 5 feet 2 inches tall. She had medium brown, shoulder-length hair. Her eye color is unknown. Both of her ears were pierced. The left one was pierced twice.

The turn out for the memorial service was great. Thank you very much to all of those who took the time to attend.

Has anyone looked into the possibility of Princess Doe being a student from Blairstown Academy or any of the other schools near by? Blairstown is a private school. It is situated on 435 acres adjacent to the village of Blairstown NJ. I also noticed that there are 9 horse academies in the area Could it be possible her killer worked for one of the horse stables? Maybe one of the owners would possibly recognize her picture. Just a few thoughts

Has everyone noticed that they have changed the case history a bit? It used to say she was thought to have been deceased up to one week prior to discovery. Now it's saying they think she may have been killed a few weeks before she was found. They are also disclosing she had never given birth and was not pregnant. How come a few more details are coming out now?

Has anyone looked into the possibility of Princess Doe being a student from Blairstown Academy or any of the other schools near by? Blairstown is a private school. It is situated on 435 acres adjacent to the village of Blairstown NJ. I also noticed that there are 9 horse academies in the area Could it be possible her killer worked for one of the horse stables? Maybe one of the owners would possibly recognize her picture. Just a few thoughts

Blair would have been running private summer camps/programs at that point and I cannot imagine that a parent would not look for their child after sending them off to some kind of camp for the summer. It's a very small town and I know that several people working at Blair were very well aware and informed about the case. Not sure about the horse academy angle.

Has everyone noticed that they have changed the case history a bit? It used to say she was thought to have been deceased up to one week prior to discovery. Now it's saying they think she may have been killed a few weeks before she was found. They are also disclosing she had never given birth and was not pregnant. How come a few more details are coming out now?

Most of what you mentioned had already been disclosed but never clarified. The princessdoe.org website is an attempt to bring clarity to as many facts as possible. As for the time/date of death, it is extremely difficult to calculate. Based on what has been learned over the past 25 years, it was determined that she might have been killed in a larger time frame. Again, very tough to estimate.

Bumping this up again for Princess Doe of NJ. I wish we could help find out who she was... :-( I still think she might have been around one of the horse stables in the area.

There was a new addition to the DoeNetwork yesterday. The missing girl bears a striking resemblance to the NCMEC's reconstruction Blairstown Princess Doe. The height and weight match up as well.

The Doe Network:
Case File 2452DFMT

NKirkpatrick.jpg

Nancy L. Kirkpatrick
Missing since April 23, 1976 from Columbia Falls, Montana
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2"; 90 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
  • Marks, Scars: Scars on her right shoulder and beneath her arm, between elbow and shoulder.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Nancy Kirkpatrick was last seen in Columbia Falls, MT on April 23, 1976.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Flathead County Sheriff's Office
406-758-5585

Source Information:
My Space Page
News Paper Archive

There was a new addition to the DoeNetwork yesterday. The missing girl bears a striking resemblance to the NCMEC's reconstruction Blairstown Princess Doe. The height and weight match up as well.

The Doe Network:
Case File 2452DFMT

NKirkpatrick.jpg

Nancy L. Kirkpatrick
Missing since April 23, 1976 from Columbia Falls, Montana
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2"; 90 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
  • Marks, Scars: Scars on her right shoulder and beneath her arm, between elbow and shoulder.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Nancy Kirkpatrick was last seen in Columbia Falls, MT on April 23, 1976.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Flathead County Sheriff's Office
406-758-5585
Source Information:
My Space Page
News Paper Archive

Sable, I will add Nancy Kirkpatrick to the possible match list on the website over the weekend. Thanks!

Just looking at the picture versus the reconstruction, all I can say is WOW! I cannot imagine a closer visual match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd