ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What took the witness 2 weeks to tell his story? Surely everyone in Aruba would have heard all about the case now?

It could be that the witness came forward earlier and we are just hearing about it now.

Plus LE said he kept changing his toupees, didn't they? Why do that, if he had nothing to hide?

It could be that the witness came forward earlier and we are just hearing about it now.
This is a mention to a prior quote about the timeline of witnesses.....If you've never been to the Caribbean, and let me clarify.... the Caribbean (not inclusive resorts with dance lessons), please allow me to explain the islands.... local people mind their own business. Always. Most people I know in the region have no TV, no radio, and if someone went missing, while sad, there are better things to do. Unless approached directly, they wouldn't say a thing. Others on the forum who know local caribs would concur. It's a different pace and a different world.

Oh wow! CE is also FB friends with AM. CE's page is no longer set to private. She, btw, was on Geraldo just a few moments ago; she says she plans to do lectures to educate others of the dangers etc.

I'm not even sure I believe this woman's story. Have they proved what she said actually occurred? I think not. Seems to me she's trying to benefit by that family's loss.

She's nasty and has bad karma. I hope it comes back around to bite her.

That being said, I do believe GG is lying and has something to hide and I believe the other women who have come forward with stories about him but this particular woman is not being honest. I feel it in my gut and that is just my opinion.

She wants to make a buck off that poor family's trauma.

I'm not even sure I believe this woman's story. Have they proved what she said actually occurred? I think not. Seems to me she's trying to benefit by that family's loss.

She's nasty and has bad karma. I hope it comes back around to bite her.

That being said, I do believe GG is lying and has something to hide and I believe the other women who have come forward with stories about him but this particular woman is not being honest. I feel it in my gut and that is just my opinion.

She wants to make a buck off that poor family's trauma.

So are you thinking they were never even contacted by him?? I find what clips I have seen of CE pretty obviously a publicity thing, but I don't find it hard to believe that he may have contacted attractive women and women with modeling profiles on the web though... are you thinking she made it up, or just embellished it??

I do think that the angle in which she takes it-- trying to spin him as overtly sexual and frighteningly angry and all that, and then talking about it in terms of those dates and location-- could be harmful to the case being thought about from all angles, hopefully not in Aruba/LE, since I doubt they are watching all that junk lol, but any information that obscures one from being able to get a clear picture of what could have happened is not useful.. I do hope that if she *is* lying, that people are not too sidetracked by having to fit their theories and motives into the idea that GVG had just been "shopping" for a girl to take on this trip and thus it was premeditated (it may have been, the insurance thing would also support premeditation, but I have not seen anything convincing on the insurance, and CE and daughter are not very convincing to me either, but if one takes their statements at face value, that would indeed point more towards premeditation IMO)

Anyways, I do see that if it was for the family's publicity or $, she would want to sensationalize it in terms of "this could have easily been my daughter in RG's shoes" but that is really really sick to even try to portray that, if untrue.. plus, RG and GVG had an ongoing relationship or other interaction and were not meeting for the first time, and SHE, from what we know, is the one who initiated wanting to go on a trip-- if that is true (about the trip being in response to her problems/stress and her text to GVG) then it really seems sketchy that he was supposedly actively "recruiting" someone for those very dates and locations...

Does anyone else have more info on the timing of what info was made public versus what "facts" were reported by GE or how her story may have changed over time or added details that have come out at a later date? (I haven't seen all the shows and such, which is why I ask) That seems like a decent way to check the credibility of any specific claims. I wonder if she has actually talked to the FBI if they would check phone records and such to verify the info?

It does seem like if investigators are getting that info she would want to be honest, and that they'd check that out.. in my mind, that info being credible would affect my thoughts on the case greatly, but I am not thinking it is entirely credible at this point anyway (beyond the fact JMO that GVG really did contact them about modeling-- this fits with his pattern IMO and I guess I cannot envision CE making this up from scratch and telling the FBI... I guess stranger things have happened, but just my feeling on it) Interested to hear other thoughts about what did or didn't happen with CE and TT, and how their comments reflect on the case history as disclosed over time in the media and by authorities..

This is a mention to a prior quote about the timeline of witnesses.....If you've never been to the Caribbean, and let me clarify.... the Caribbean (not inclusive resorts with dance lessons), please allow me to explain the islands.... local people mind their own business. Always. Most people I know in the region have no TV, no radio, and if someone went missing, while sad, there are better things to do. Unless approached directly, they wouldn't say a thing. Others on the forum who know local caribs would concur. It's a different pace and a different world.

Island time.

So are you thinking they were never even contacted by him?? I find what clips I have seen of CE pretty obviously a publicity thing, but I don't find it hard to believe that he may have contacted attractive women and women with modeling profiles on the web though... are you thinking she made it up, or just embellished it??

I do think that the angle in which she takes it-- trying to spin him as overtly sexual and frighteningly angry and all that, and then talking about it in terms of those dates and location-- could be harmful to the case being thought about from all angles, hopefully not in Aruba/LE, since I doubt they are watching all that junk lol, but any information that obscures one from being able to get a clear picture of what could have happened is not useful.. I do hope that if she *is* lying, that people are not too sidetracked by having to fit their theories and motives into the idea that GVG had just been "shopping" for a girl to take on this trip and thus it was premeditated (it may have been, the insurance thing would also support premeditation, but I have not seen anything convincing on the insurance, and CE and daughter are not very convincing to me either, but if one takes their statements at face value, that would indeed point more towards premeditation IMO)

Anyways, I do see that if it was for the family's publicity or $, she would want to sensationalize it in terms of "this could have easily been my daughter in RG's shoes" but that is really really sick to even try to portray that, if untrue.. plus, RG and GVG had an ongoing relationship or other interaction and were not meeting for the first time, and SHE, from what we know, is the one who initiated wanting to go on a trip-- if that is true (about the trip being in response to her problems/stress and her text to GVG) then it really seems sketchy that he was supposedly actively "recruiting" someone for those very dates and locations...

Does anyone else have more info on the timing of what info was made public versus what "facts" were reported by GE or how her story may have changed over time or added details that have come out at a later date? (I haven't seen all the shows and such, which is why I ask) That seems like a decent way to check the credibility of any specific claims. I wonder if she has actually talked to the FBI if they would check phone records and such to verify the info?

It does seem like if investigators are getting that info she would want to be honest, and that they'd check that out.. in my mind, that info being credible would affect my thoughts on the case greatly, but I am not thinking it is entirely credible at this point anyway (beyond the fact JMO that GVG really did contact them about modeling-- this fits with his pattern IMO and I guess I cannot envision CE making this up from scratch and telling the FBI... I guess stranger things have happened, but just my feeling on it) Interested to hear other thoughts about what did or didn't happen with CE and TT, and how their comments reflect on the case history as disclosed over time in the media and by authorities..

I am of the opinion that GG did contact TT and spoke with CE. I do not believe all of the details CE is giving. I also believe that CE is using this situation to promote herself and TT. She is now promoting herself as a having enough knowledge of human trafficking to give lectures on the topic. What? Since when did this become a case of HT?

I spoke with a friend in Aruba last night
We hear more than they do
There was nothing she could add

Forgive me if this was posted...

A purported key piece evidence in the mysterious disappearance of missing American woman Robyn Gardner doesn't exist, police have revealed.

But Aruba Solicitor General Taco Stein said in an interview Saturday night: "The detail about the hand print and blood is not true."

"That is not something that we have found," the Solicitor General said, adding: "Let me put that to rest as that only hinders the investigation."

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...ba-disappearance-no-bloody-handprint-evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd