GUILTY NC - Eve Carson, 22, UNC student, shot to death, Chapel Hill, 5 March 2008 - #2

Same here, PrairieWind -- I can barely make out someone else in the backseat behind the driver, but I could not say at all if it's a male or female. I would really like to see a clearer picture showing Eve, or at least more detail.

I agree, but, the BOA employee watched the whole tape of him trying to take out money and so I am assuming at one point when they drive away there is a shot of Eve in the back seat. She stated that she could see two people in the backseat, although the jurors can't consider what she thought she saw. Police only released a still shot. It is frustrating to watch this trial, as any video played can only be seen by the jurors. Will we ever see these videos?
As far as the young sorority girl testifying today.....boy, you have to think she escaped a bad fate if she hadn't noticed them watching her by the dumpster that night. Very creepy to listen to her testimony.

Defense is trying desperately to discredit this witness.

I have looked in my rearview mirror at times when driving away from others who are driving erratically, suspicious people who have followed me out of a parking lot, etc.

This young woman did the absolute right thing to drive away. Kudos for her for being so observant. Can you imagine the outcome if she had left the safety of her vehicle and attempted to return to the sorority house? No way I would have exited my vehicle!

JMO
wm
My thoughts exactly, w'matilda -- most women acquire this feminine "sixth sense," and they do well to "listen" to it. It's something (and this is not meant to be sexist in any way) that most men do not really understand.

Yes, she may well have saved her own life -- that may be exactly the reason why they were hanging back there watching her. Her own car; she had exited the sorority house -- so she "had to be rich," right, guys??; she was by herself -- why not this one? Oh, she probably shook and cried for days from the memory of the rear-view mirror scene after finding out what happened to poor little Eve. Wise, wise, wise.

And when Eve's roomate, Justin Singer, testified about coming back to the house at 4:30am, and said he saw the front door still wide open and Eve & her car not there, he said, "It would have been odd for us at that time in the morning. It gave me an uneasy feeling, so I took out my keys to kinda protect myself in case anyone was there," or something similar. Another feeling -- a sixth sense. It gave me chills. He knew, but did not know. Oh, my. Just eerie. Those poor, poor young, good folks. So very sad.
icon9.gif

And the defendant -- sitting there yawning.
icon8.gif
Yawning. :maddening:

yikes! If that young girl wouldnt have left i bet they would have jacked her. Just awful!

Wow that is scary. Had she stayed there another minute she likely would have never lived to see the sun rise. How many times in our lives do so nearly cross paths with evil and often times never even know it?

PrarieWind, There's no doubt in my mind that these two <modsnip> were watching for her to exit her vehicle so they could pounce but she foiled their attempt by leaving. She watched them walk away (toward campus, IIRC) thru her rearview mirror.

Sounds to me like they were walking around in search of a victim. Yes, it is scary to think about how many close calls we have had in our own lives. I have had a few myself. And like borndem said, My women's sixth sense kicked in and I managed to avoid it. One was what I am sure was to be an attempted car jacking. EEK!

Poor Eve.

wm

MOO

Thats interesting. Is that photo still available? I'd like to see it.

Wow, so would I. I have not seen anything close to a definitive shot that shows Eve in the backseat -- I am sure she was back there, but all I have seen are poor copies of the ATM picture where the person behind the driver looks like a very indistinct form.
icon9.gif

Juror #11 has been discharged due to illness. The first alternate is moving to seat 11.

musical chairs:/

wm

Shanita Love, (atwater's ex gf) is on the stand. She has 2 misdemeanors...one for DWI and one for injury to personal property.

She is a pretty lady and sounds like a straight talker. She admitted being investigated by DSS because of a photo of her son holding a 'blunt' to his mouth.

wm

That is a very interesting article Waltzingmatilda. I can't really make out the face myself. I still think the form we see is the other killer as he sits in the back right seat, semi turned to the right. My guess would be he is holding a handgun on Eve. But I can't explain the light colored blob that the enhancement guy says is Eve's face. Regardless, there is clearly someone in the back and that in my opinion means that Eve was in the car and alive. So creepy. So horrible. They didnt need to kill her. They had the money already.

The prosecution is very thorough in questioning this witness. They prepped her very well. she seems no nonsense, IMO.

She is being questioned about discarding the gun.

wm

This is a waste of taxpayers money. moo Wonder why he didnt plead like the other one?

Attys approached the bench as defense objected to state's exhibit # 55 entered into evidence. It is an ariel photo of the route taken to dispose of the gun. Ms Love is now standing facing the jury and describing what is depicted in SE #51-54. NOw # 55 is on a easel and she is describing the route where the gun parts were ddiscarded from the aerial shot.

Don't mean to hog the thread, just hitting the high spots for those who cannot watch.

wm

OMG These nicknames!!!! Demario=Rio, Laurence/Alvin= LA, Rondell=Philly and now she's talking about somebody named worm!!!!

Correction...Rondell is NOt Philly...Jeffery Charles House is Philly.

I wonder why he was wearing a wig?? for disguise??? LOL!

IDK, I was laughing too hard! I am so glad that you caught that! I was wondering if anyone else is following along.

I wonder where Worm got a wig?:crazy:

ETA

I mean no disrespect towards Eve but I sure needed that Laugh!!! I hope that Eve is laughing along with us. She is the reason we are all here.

Did this girl go to the police or did they find her? I missed that part.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emmachabada
Back