Trial Thread 4/18/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that the long list of women he dated or befriended is over it is interesting to note that other than one mentioning something about "being needy" not one had really anything bad to say about MR.. most seemed content with their relationship however brief...it boggles the mind though how he could keep track of their names etc...and where did he ever find the time or the energy to "please them"...in between all of this he was running around for drugs and who knows maybe even selling them... the rumour that we heard way back about bondage was never mentioned on the stand...guess that was just another rumour in the grapevine...I also find it strange that not one reporter has ever sussed out any of his background and all we know about it was from his "women" friends...it is almost as if he sprouted from a turnip patch in early 2009....just saying.....IMO

Most probably believe everything he said until they found out what kind of man he really was in the past few days.

Now that the long list of women he dated or befriended is over it is interesting to note that other than one mentioning something about "being needy" not one had really anything bad to say about MR.. most seemed content with their relationship however brief...it boggles the mind though how he could keep track of their names etc...and where did he ever find the time or the energy to "please them"...in between all of this he was running around for drugs and who knows maybe even selling them... the rumour that we heard way back about bondage was never mentioned on the stand...guess that was just another rumour in the grapevine...I also find it strange that not one reporter has ever sussed out any of his background and all we know about it was from his "women" friends...it is almost as if he sprouted from a turnip patch in early 2009....just saying.....IMO

BBM- How can you say its a rumor? Maybe her testimony wouldnt have meant anything to the crown because they didnt date around the time that Tori went missing or because she didnt hear or see anything. The crown is not attacking his sexual style they are simply showing his actions pretty much following the disappearance of Tori and how he behaved before, during and after. IMO I dont think the Jury could sit through the list of women he dated (as I am positive it is really long) as they need too get back to their lives at some point.

JMHO

I have never used a dating site, I would never trust anyone on a dating site. You can set yourself up to be anyone that you want. You can make yourself sound the opposite of what you really are.

Just think of all the sexual predators, ex cons, etc who get released from prison...they need to meet a woman, they join a dating site. They are not going to tell the truth about themselves, they will lie to make a good catch. Imagine having one of these men come to your house with your children.....scary thought!!!!! I realize it is a tough world out there for single moms to meet Mr Right, these dating sites do have some good men on there, but Im betting there are more bad than good.

I have never used a dating site, I would never trust anyone on a dating site. You can set yourself up to be anyone that you want. You can make yourself sound the opposite of what you really are.

Just think of all the sexual predators, ex cons, etc who get released from prison...they need to meet a woman, they join a dating site. They are not going to tell the truth about themselves, they will lie to make a good catch. Imagine having one of these men come to your house with your children.....scary thought!!!!! I realize it is a tough world out there for single moms to meet Mr Right, these dating sites do have some good men on there, but Im betting there are more bad than good.

Totally agree. One thing is for sure I always met them in public places with friends around.

I would like to hear from ANY guy friends he had. I wonder if he had any.

I feel that alot of people who use those sites aren't nervous about meeting someone from their own network. All of MTR's dates were pretty much from Woodstock and surroundings. I'm sure most of these women probably would not meet someone from a far away city. Plus alot of them probably met them in public places the first time. JMO

Most probably believe everything he said until they found out what kind of man he really was in the past few days.

The point I was trying to make was that none of these women found any fault with MR during their courtship...naturally after they found out what he was charged with they must have gone "OMG" but during their time spent with him they found nothing or saw nothing because if so I am sure they would have stated that fact.. they invited him into their home and some into their bed so what they feel now has no bearing on how they felt when the relationship was going on and I was pleased to read that at least they were honest about that...JMO they could have said worst about him on the stand and it would be the same as TLM...their word against his.... JMO

He seems to be obsessed with TLM and her choice of music!! I think he's making a big mistake to keep mentioning her/it. I can imagine the jury getting sick of hearing about her/it too.

I'm a little tired of it also, BUT the jury may not be, because they are getting so much more info than we are. It may take that edge off for the jury, kwim?

Salem

I feel that alot of people who use those sites aren't nervous about meeting someone from their own network. All of MTR's dates were pretty much from Woodstock and surroundings. I'm sure most of these women probably would not meet someone from a far away city. Plus alot of them probably met them in public places the first time. JMO

Evil is everywhere, in every shape and colour!!!! JMO

More info we didn't have from the tweets. He purposely wanted to delete ALL CONTACTS. To me, that is suspicious, suspicious, suspicious.

Oh my!

Salem

Raveena Aulakh/Torstar News Service

London, Ontario — After Michael Rafferty was first interviewed by investigators in the disappearance of Tori Stafford, he tried to get a rental car saying he did not want to be hassled by police.

I'm wondering if the real reason for him not using his car is that perhaps after he got interviewed by police he may have thought his plates would be in the system. He told his date that he didn't want use it because Honda Civics attraced too much attention from police.

I do know that things posted on Youtube are taken down regularly in response to complaints about copyright or other things illegal or objectionable. I would think that if Facebook received complaints and information that MR had been arrested for heinous crimes, followed by an avalanche of hits from the curious, they would take the page down. Not only as a public service, but they have lawyers that would insist on it in case of liability.

could MTR have closed FB account when he started to worry he was being sussed? JMO

More info we didn't have from the tweets. He purposely wanted to delete ALL CONTACTS. To me, that is suspicious, suspicious, suspicious.

Oh my!

Salem

Respectfully.....

deleted or not from his laptop...the info would still be on his hard drive.. in fact wasn't it stated by one of his g/f that they downloaded his bb info to the computer...maybe I am incorrect in thinking that but I thought that is what I read...JMO

Respectfully.....

deleted or not from his laptop...the info would still be on his hard drive.. in fact wasn't it stated by one of his g/f that they downloaded his bb info to the computer...maybe I am incorrect in thinking that but I thought that is what I read...JMO

The testimony, iirc, is that MR and the girlfriend were unsuccessful in putting the BB info on the laptop. When she asked him about deleting all his contact info, he didn't answer and instead bought her some clothes or something.

Salem

BBM- How can you say its a rumor? Maybe her testimony wouldnt have meant anything to the crown because they didnt date around the time that Tori went missing or because she didnt hear or see anything. The crown is not attacking his sexual style they are simply showing his actions pretty much following the disappearance of Tori and how he behaved before, during and after. IMO I dont think the Jury could sit through the list of women he dated (as I am positive it is really long) as they need too get back to their lives at some point.

JMHO

I could very well be mistaken again...it's not so difficult when so much is being tweeted and the list of women is so long but on saying that I thought the person who was quoted as saying "bondage interest" was the friend of TM and I am sure he was dating her also at the time TS went missing...please do correct me if I am wrong...JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88