AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't think they are bluffing, he seemed a bit down, defeated, disappointed.

yes, and exhasted and sad. I think LE is doing a stellar job. Sadly, the perp (family, stranger, whoever) also appears to have gotten away with this so far. Next in line to my hope that she is alive and well, my second hope would be that someone close to the perp gets a vibe from them or notices something strange and calls in the tip that saves the case.

I have a feeling based on this presser so far, they know nothing really.

I am not sure about that, I was until I heard the other day that they were looking at Mexico to see if she had been seen there, that coupled with a Nancy Grace headline the other night that said "Cops: Kidnapping an act of retribution against family," made me reconsider the fact that they do not have anything. Granted I never heard the cops say that but Grace did indeed have that headline up at one point and it was in the form of a quote, so I am now wondering if they do indeed know something but in an attempt not to piss off whoever has her, because they assume she may be alive, they are not releasing much.

But I really do not know that is all just a guess from some of what I have seen the last few days. I cant imagine them looking at Mexico unless they had a real reason to do so, that would be very much like looking for a needle in a haystack, so if they are looking at Mexico then I would assume they have a legitimate reason for doing so.

LE would like the parents to speak to the media. The parents don't want to speak to the media so that the focus remains on Isabel. The parents have avoided media appearances. Why?

I don't understand this. If Isa is alive, I promise her captor is watching all news coverage to see what is going on with the investigation, and she needs to hear her parents voices! It could give her strength and hope.

I don't understand either why they have not gone back to their home. I would want to be around her stuff and her smells that I would miss so badly. Nope - I do not understand.

Family is not back in the home. The home has been under their control for several days now. He doesn't know why they haven't gone back; it's their choice. Perhaps they don't feel quite comfortable there.

That certainly is understandable especially if they have no idea who abducted her or why.

MOO

At least it appears LE has talked with all five now.

It was still confusing to me! He seemed really cagey to on the subject of the video.

Almost like they didn't think the public would see the "sixth" man.

I have a bad feeling about this one and think LE have a good idea what happened but don't have the evidence.

I hope I'm wrong.:please:

Can someone post a link to the video of the 6th man? Sorry, I've seached and can't find it.

It was still confusing to me! He seemed really cagey to on the subject of the video.

Almost like they didn't think the public would see the "sixth" man.

I have a bad feeling about this one and think LE have a good idea what happened but don't have the evidence.

I hope I'm wrong.:please:

Agree, I was left with the impression LE had talked with all of them, however someone else gleaned that he actually said he doesn't think they have. Therefore I now have the impression LE doesn't really want to discuss the video or what evidence they may or may not have at this point. Discouraging to think it may become a cold case.

:(

MOO

With regard to that video of the man and his son going over to the Celis' house : yes, I can see that feeding the dogs would be a viable eplanation. MOO

I looked at the written comments following that ABC news report with that video. Someone who said she was the owner of the store that Isabel's brother went in on the morning she vanished posted there. This woman stated that the parents of Isabel's classmates go in her store,and they have all said that Isabel was NOT in school on the Friday before she went missing.

Hope it is okay to mention this. Mods, I will delete this post if not.

JMO

I think it was with the greatest reluctance that LE released that snippet of video to the public. It seems clear that they really don't want to discuss the video.

With regard to that video of the man and his son going over to the Celis' house : yes, I can see that feeding the dogs would be a viable eplanation. MOO

I looked at the written comments following that ABC news report with that video. Someone who said she was the owner of the store that Isabel's brother went in on the morning she vanished posted there. This woman stated that the parents of Isabel's classmates go in her store,and they have all said that Isabel was NOT in school on the Friday before she went missing.

Hope it is okay to mention this. Mods, I will delete this post if not.

JMO

Can you link the article that has the comments? I think it's okay to refer posters to the comments section if you provide the link to the article.

From the get-go, I thought it was very strange that Isabel's parents did not speak to the media to plea for the safe return of their daughter. When they did appear, their "statements" were scripted, and the dad's histrionic "meeting (your) demands" speech was just plain bizarre. There was an uncomfortable disconnect between Isa's parents, at which time my hinky-meter went berserk and hasn't regulated itself since. :moo:

Family is not back in the home. The home has been under their control for several days now. He doesn't know why they haven't gone back; it's their choice. Perhaps they don't feel quite comfortable there.

I wonder if they think the place is bugged and wouldnt be comfortable living there and speaking freely under those circumstances.

I'm think that they're afraid the house is bugged and don't want to slip up. I really hope the parents are innocent, but as time goes on and they're not on theTV begging for their daughter, I'm feeling more and more suspicious.

I wonder if they think the place is bugged and wouldnt be comfortable living there and speaking freely under those circumstances.

I suppose that's possible, although I think LE could find a way to plant a bug wherever the family is staying if they really wanted to.

Well the most simple explanation for them not going back to the home is that it is so soon and there are a lot of memories there of their little girl, I am not sure I would be able to face that either, its a raw and open wound and emotionally it would be very hard to go back living in that house with reminders of their little Isabel all around them.

I'm think that they're afraid the house is bugged and don't want to slip up. I really hope the parents are innocent, but as time goes on and they're not on theTV begging for their daughter, I'm feeling more and more suspicious.

The sad reality is if they do continue to go in the media, we'd pick apart their demeanor just as we have the first and only time they came out.

However, does it really matter if you are innocent? Who cares about what the public thinks if your daughter is missing and you are completely innocent?

I still think one-on-one interview with the media is an interesting choice of words. Perhaps he didn't mean it the way I think, but if he did mean it the way I think, then it seems they may want to watch what each individual parent has to say when being interviewed.

Hello!
I have also been a lurker for years. Isabels case being very close to my home has inspired me to post.

My thought on the video release yesterday, was that while LE did want to speak to the 5 walkers, the intention of the legnth of the video, was to let the 6th person know that he was recorded. Perhaps to effect some sort of change in his daily pattern-rattle his cage-so that he would begin desplaying clues for others to become suspect of.

Secondly, and the thought that I cannot get out of my mind are the 3 dogs becoming loose exactly 1 week, prior to the abduction. I certainly could have missed major discussion on this point, and if so please direct me. But I feel like this could have been a failed attempt-releasing the dogs, to acquire access to Isa. Or, releasing the dogs to LOOK like an intruder, and something interrupted the actual abduction on this day. Are there any previous comments on the dogs being out the prior Friday?

According to AZ public access, there are no additional reports\charges on dogs loose ever before. I know I had a dog that is a runner, and one that is not. The "runner" was a repeat offender. Seems coincidental that the only time the dogs have ever gotten loose was 1 week prior, same day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle