The girls were abducted then what?

You had stated that Mileski gave a general description of the area in which the girls were buried. Where did he say they were buried?

You had stated that Mileski gave a general description of the area in which the girls were buried. Where did he say they were buried?

I have discussed Ray Mileski in some detail in the past, but for the benefit of new readers of these threads, here is a little background:

Ray Mileski was a former Marine who lived with his family (wife and three sons) in a small house in Suitland, Prince Georges County, Maryland. He did custom cabinet work for a living. He was in his mid 40's in 1975 when the Lyon girls went missing.

In November 1977, Mileski got into an argument with his oldest son (age 18) and killed him in the basement with a highpowered hunting rifle. He then fired at his wife who came running down the stairs, killing her and wounding his youngest son.

Mileski turned himself in, was tried and convicted of two counts of murder and sentenced to life in prison.

My information on Mileski comes from several sources, including letters that he wrote from prison (which were passed on to Montgomery County Police). I do not know what specific information they have, but certainly more than I have, since they had the opportunity to interview him.

Supposedly, back in 1982, Mileski made some statements to other inmates which indicated that he knew something about the Lyon case and that the girls were buried near his Suitland, MD home. MCP officers actually dug some in his back yard, but found only bird bones.

One source stated that the area of the burial site was in a large gravel pit area near his home called Andrew Jackson Pits. This area is now the site of Andrew Jackson Middle School and a large housing subdivision.

Mileski might have had solid, true information regarding the Lyon sisters disappearance, or he might have simply been a loud mouth jerk who wanted to gain some kind of better treatment by gaming the police.

He was certainly an unstable individual and capable of great violence. He could have been the perpetrator of an act of abduction, but no solid forensic evidence ever connected him to them.

Circumstantial evidence and coincidental information was intriguing, however. Stories from widely different sources tended to match pretty closely.

I really wish someone could maybe will get this case some real supoport there needs to be actual media not another written article now adays like me i wanna see it i know its not going on nancy or anything but get a documentry .4 minute clip is all i can find on the internet but tons of books and books are great too but now adays its gotta be on tv to get the recognition.There needs to be a full documentry done on this case .

Does anyone have photos of Pearch and Mileski? I've seen just about everyone we've considered as a possible suspect....but can't find photos of these two.

Does anyone have photos of Pearch and Mileski? I've seen just about everyone we've considered as a possible suspect....but can't find photos of these two.

I have seen a photo of Pearch and also a "self portrait" drawing that he did of himself. They were published in the Washington Post Newspaper in April 1975, shortly after his shooting spree in Wheaton, Maryland.

Mileski was in the Maryland prison system from 1977 when he murdered his wife and son until his death some years ago. As such, he would have been photographed periodically. To my knowledge, his photo never appeared in any newspapers, and once he died, references to him in the Maryland Inmate Locator were removed.

Re the sighting of Sheila in the car apparently dressed like a Catholic school girl.

If true, it's possible that whoever kidnapped her had an obsession or even fetish about Catholic school girls. He could have acquired a Catholic school girl's uniform from a shop, maybe even several, to accommodate different girl targets and forced Sheila and/or Katherine to dress up as Catholic school girls.

Re the sighting of Sheila in the car apparently dressed like a Catholic school girl.

If true, it's possible that whoever kidnapped her had an obsession or even fetish about Catholic school girls. He could have acquired a Catholic school girl's uniform from a shop, maybe even several, to accommodate different girl targets and forced Sheila and/or Katherine to dress up as Catholic school girls.

I don't think this was a credible sighting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think this was a credible sighting.
Motherof5, do you discount Mdietz's corroboration earlier in this thread?

Natasha, if you check out the posts by Mdietz (the first of which I think to above), he talks a little bit about about an angle like that.

Regarding Mdietz, I found this article this morning where he recounts his experience for The Cary News. Go have a read.

Motherof5, do you discount Mdietz's corroboration earlier in this thread?

Natasha, if you check out the posts by Mdietz (the first of which I think to above), he talks a little bit about about an angle like that.

Regarding Mdietz, I found this article this morning where he recounts his experience for The Cary News. Go have a read.

When I say not credible I mean as far as LE is concerned. Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I haven't seen anything stated by LE claiming that sighting to be credible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Montgomery County Police did take the reported sighting of a girl or girls in a Tan Ford Station Wagon very seriously and it was a major step in the case about a week after the girls went missing.

A partial tag number was given and police did a lot of searching of written records across the state (of Maryland) to determine who owned all 100 cars with those first tag numbers. They also checked out other states with similarly colored plates. Each person was contacted and checked out. Unfortunately, they developed no suspects from the lead(s).

The initial report of this incident in Manassas, Virginia was attributed to an unnamed executive who worked at IBM. Mr. Dietz states that he also came forward independantly of the IBM man and spoke with MCP back in 1975. He has remained interested in the case and has made a number of posts on the subject.

The two sightings by different individuals would tend to corroborate eachother, although there are slight differences in the accounts.

People in the Washington Metropolitan area were on alert and highly interested in the Lyon case. Every newscast and newspaper had daily reports. There were many reported sightings of the girls by persons calling in to police. Each one was checked out.

So, it is likely that the two reported sightings of a car, driver, and young girl or girls were based on an actual event. But whether or not the girl in the car was actually Sheila or Kate Lyon is the high dollar question. There are a number of possibilities.

richard.jpgleevancleef.jpg

Richard Welch Sr and Lee Van Cleef side by side

didn't Coffey work as a maintenance man for Jamestown-Williamsburg apartments? Keep in mind, I was 8 when Neely vanished and have memory gaps of that whole time period. If I'm right, that would have made him in the least a familiar face. My own mother's addictions meant we didn't see apartment staff in our apartment often enough for me to remember that tbh.

Nah. If anything like that had happened to the Lyon sisters, the allegations against the perpetrator(s) would all be different. Also, one of the cases you just cited involved a newborn, and newborns are often kidnapped with intentions of keeping them alive. Sheila and Katherine were older.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back