Can Casey benefit from therapy?

IMO, as I have already stated ----- waste, huge waste!!!!

She would never benefit from any type of therapy, she is a sociopath, master manipulator, pathological liar, and more!!!

jimo

i have a question - does anyone here think casey shouldn't get therapy? i feel a lot of posts here seem to be suggesting this, and i really hope i'm wrong about that.

For the reasons she is proposing--no, I don't. She is only trying to get more control and to make herself look better, not to sincerely rehabilitate herself. Enough resources have been squandered on her already. There are people desperately in need of medical care, food, clothing, housing who should get helped first. Therapy is not meant to be a marketing exercise for villains.

\

..seriously---the only reason for the "kc is seeking therapy" spin is b/c she and 'the team' were counting on/dreaming OF the $$$$$'s that would be pouring in--------only to find the networks don't WANT anything to do with her.

..there ARE no big $$$ offers TO field ( aside from a "spread" in hustler).

..the only 'trauma' here is that kc is probably flipping out over NOT being the sought after 'celebrity' she thought she'd be------with no money, nowhere to go, hiding out with her handlers, and miserable.

..she's toxic waste, no amount of therapy would ever change my opinion of her and i will never believe a word she says, today, tomorrow or 5 years from now.

..baez is 'seeking professional treatment' for her, to get a rehab clinic to offer to take her--------off of his hands. IMO.

..the DT never ever thought she'd get OUT--well, congratulations boys--this is the prize you win for being "morally bankrupt individuals". you get to take your (as baez called her ) lying sl*t and walk her out the door.

..i hope baez and the team are stuck with her forever.

respectfully snipped .... :clap:

You've described her (and Jose's) predicament in a nutshell ...

It's mind boggling to me that KC and Jose couldn't figure out that they were going to have serious issues marketing her when she got out, much less keeping her safe ... DUH !!

Like you said, now he's stuck with her and I'm sure KC's been showing them what a monster she is to handle ...

IMO ... just one more scam, total BS and an insult to the public's collective intelligence :banghead:
KC is NOT the victim, Caylee is !!

PS: Sort of reminds me of the Anthonys boasting about being re-baptized ... WTH? ... image, all for image ...

I keep replaying the scene of FCA leaving jail with JB strutting in front of her in my mind.

I think this was the future JB envisioned for himself.... he'd swan FCA to every interview, press event.... move on to some red carpet events in a few months, always leading.

That isn't panning out. No amount of frantic research by hapless 2 nd year law students is going to find a magic answer to turn this around for them.

They are just stalling for a better idea.

i have a question - does anyone here think casey shouldn't get therapy? i feel a lot of posts here seem to be suggesting this, and i really hope i'm wrong about that.

She should get therapy. The question is will it actually work? Does she want it for the right reasons or is it to make her marketable and try to change the public's view of her? After three years of hearing her lies I seriously doubt her motives as being good. I could be wrong as I do not know what goes on in her mind. If she can't or wont be truthful I can't see how therapy would work. She should have gotten it years ago when the lying and stealing started. If it was sought out then, Caylee might of had a chance to grow up into a young woman. jmo

She should get therapy. The question is will it actually work? Does she want it for the right reasons or is it to make her marketable and try to change the public's view of her? After three years of hearing her lies I seriously doubt her motives as being good. I could be wrong as I do not know what goes on in her mind. If she can't or wont be truthful I can't see how therapy would work. She should have gotten it years ago when the lying and stealing started. If it was sought out then, Caylee might of had a chance to grow up into a young woman. jmo

right. thank you! i strongly, strongly STRONGLY (did i say strongly) disagree with the notion that she shouldn't get therapy, period. as you said you don't know what goes on in her mind. <mod snip>

To benefit from therapy, first there has to be truth. So, until she starts telling the truth, she will not benefit from any therapy of any kind.
Although, she may feel somewhat happier with herself if she makes people believe therapy helped her.

As for me, I'll never believe she's changed in any way, until she tells the truth.

This is the truth of the matter as I see it as well.

If CMA doesn't accept the truth, and tell the truth to a DR. Then all the therapy in the world is going to be useless. Cant face life head on with out facing it for what it really is...

If you THINK in your head you aren't responsible for something, then how do you take ownership of your responsibility. Isn't that what therapy is about, facing the truth of things? no matter how ugly they are. Until she admits she is a murderer she will never BE a murderer.

Here is an interesting article that I came across regarding this topic:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/dr-judy-doubts-casey-anthonys-penchant-lying-cured/story?id=14100871

<snipped>Casey Anthony's lawyers have said that Anthony has suffered "trauma" and will need counseling now that she is a free woman, but experts aren't sure Anthony can be helped.

"It would be exceptionally difficult for anybody to treat her. There is no magic pill that's a truth serum for a person who's a pathological liar," said Judy Kuriansky a psychologist from Columbia University, but better known from her radio show as Dr. Judy.

Kuriansky believes that Anthony likely feels that she has been rewarded for her lying with her acquittal and release from jail.

<snipped>"It's really hard to treat," Wish said. "You can't say it's impossible, but it's very difficult."

"These are people that cannot withstand very much self-examination, but you can work on emotional regulation and helping them understand and see [things] differently," Wish said. "It's a very small rope of balancing emotions and thinking."

For the reasons she is proposing--no, I don't. She is only trying to get more control and to make herself look better, not to sincerely rehabilitate herself. Enough resources have been squandered on her already. There are people desperately in need of medical care, food, clothing, housing who should get helped first. Therapy is not meant to be a marketing exercise for villains.

Excellent post!!!:seeya:

I think that the reason TMZ is reporting this is, they dangled a carrot towards the DT by running the "Is Casey hot" series of posts and made the DT think they were FCA friendly. As such they were offered the video of FCA celebrating with Corona and declined but reported on it but also probably got this update as well. TMZ played the DT to surface some scandal and got a few bites. It shows the DT desperation to bring in some $$$'s.

There is nothing motivating FCA to change. Her life has never been so good. She is living the "bella vita" she was hoping for when she got her tattoo. Is FCA going to soul search or explore any painful real truths (admit to anyone, even herself, her own accountability)? I don't think so.

Why would FCA give up lying? It has worked well for her.

What good can come from therapy based on a lie? A big lie.

I think that FCA says she wants therapy is another one of FCA's con jobs. It is just like FCA's job at Universal, her "Zanny the nanny" and Caylee's "accidental" drowning. FCA is going to keep spinning her webs as long as there are willing flies buzzing around.

You can't expect good results from a recipe that begins with putrid (to the point of drawing flies) ingredients (lies, deceit & worse}.

imo

I think that the reason TMZ is reporting this is, they dangled a carrot towards the DT by running the "Is Casey hot" series of posts and made the DT think they were FCA friendly. As such they were offered the video of FCA celebrating with Corona and declined but reported on it but also probably got this update as well. TMZ played the DT to surface some scandal and got a few bites. It shows the DT desperation to bring in some $$$'s.

ITA ! The fact that TMZ has become a mouthpiece for KC and her crooks says it all ...

I wouldn't be surprise if Hustler is the best offer she's EVER going to get ... if it was even a genuine offer, I leaning more towards it being just a way for Flint to ride the publicity and get his name and book in the news ...

KC's a pariah ... hated and shunned by the public ... no one's buying what she's selling ...

I can't help but think this also has to do with making KC "unavailable" to face the legal issues right now ...

I just KNEW kc was acting up pretty bad from Simms reaction on Joy Behar ...that was was weeks ago . ..Imagine what she is like now ?
Jeepers DT better she is unleasehed on you all instead of us ..just sayin'

I think JB has known the REAL truth within weeks of KC taking him as her lawyer and didn't care IMO

Do I think she needs therapy? Yes, for reasons other than stated by her DT.

Do I hope she goes into therapy? Yes. Because if she responds to therapy and is able to think in a more healthy way she will come to realize the full scope of her actions. She need longterm therapy if she does realize them.

Do I think she will respond to therapy? I have no clue, but it's worth a shot. I don't know her diagnosis and the statistics for therapy alleviating sypmtoms of that unknown diagnosis.

I am not of the opinion that she is sociopathic by just judging from her actions. Here is the reason why---she could have any of the cluster B diagnosis because most of those have overlapping symptoms, she could have one or more of them at the same time. This may seem off topic but it's not---I was recently reading a book that had covered a case that was unknown to me previously. As I read the background of Suspect (perp) of this case I stopped a couple of times and reflected that not only did his behavior seem very much like other criminals I've read about but it was similar to KC's in a lot of ways. (His name was Glyde Earl Meek, not his crimes but his behaviors over the years prior to his crimes) Now looking at him I was anticipating the ending to say he had ASPD but he didn't---he was diagnosed as having narcissistic/histrionic PD. Quite surprised me but it showed to me that the diagnosis of PD's is much more complicated than just observing some of the actions people do. I am very curious to know what her diagnosis would be.

Just my thoughts and recent discovery. Take it with a grain of salt of course :)

Do I think she needs therapy? Yes, for reasons other than stated by her DT.

Do I hope she goes into therapy? Yes. Because if she responds to therapy and is able to think in a more healthy way she will come to realize the full scope of her actions. She need longterm therapy if she does realize them.

Do I think she will respond to therapy? I have no clue, but it's worth a shot. I don't know her diagnosis and the statistics for therapy alleviating sypmtoms of that unknown diagnosis.

I am not of the opinion that she is sociopathic by just judging from her actions. Here is the reason why---she could have any of the cluster B diagnosis because most of those have overlapping symptoms, she could have one or more of them at the same time. This may seem off topic but it's not---I was recently reading a book that had covered a case that was unknown to me previously. As I read the background of Suspect (perp) of this case I stopped a couple of times and reflected that not only did his behavior seem very much like other criminals I've read about but it was similar to KC's in a lot of ways. (His name was Glyde Earl Meek, not his crimes but his behaviors over the years prior to his crimes) Now looking at him I was anticipating the ending to say he had ASPD but he didn't---he was diagnosed as having narcissistic/histrionic PD. Quite surprised me but it showed to me that the diagnosis of PD's is much more complicated than just observing some of the actions people do. I am very curious to know what her diagnosis would be.

Just my thoughts and recent discovery. Take it with a grain of salt of course :)

I agree that FCA has "issues" she should admit and deal with.

Is there a chance in heck that FCA is going to admit? Ha. No way. (imo)

What would be her motivation? FCA has yet to suffer consequences for actions. No matter what she does, she gets bailed out. She literally hasn't been allowed to fail. No matter how unbelievable her lies, she finds people who believe.

Why in the world would FCA think anything needs to be fixed? Why would she give up behavior that works?

What motivation does FCA have to stop relying on others when others are falling over themselves to take care of her?

In my opinion, a therapist for FCA would be a new BFF (something that has become scarce in FCA's world) that would be forced by duty to talk with FCA her most favorite subject--herself.

Maybe, if there had been a different verdict, IF FCA had truly hit rock bottom, FCA would be willing to do the hard work and truthful soul searching required and therapy would have been of benefit.

As things stand, FCA didn't learn not to lie or steal (or murder). Quite the contrary. She's had a whole defense team reinforcing that HER needs matter most. She "got off" because she lied, kept her mouth shut (especially about what REALLY happened) and pretended to cry.

FCA is flying high. She's being courted by television networks, pampered by enabling lawyers who want to use her and she gets fan mail. A therapist would be just another notch on FCA's belt.

imo

TMZ is reporting that Casey won't do any interviews until she has had some treatment to deal with issues related to:

1. inappropriate behavior when Caylee was "missing"

2. mourning the death of Caylee

3. the effects of solitary confinement

Do you think this is true, and if it is, can Casey benefit, since it is believed that sociopaths and psychopaths cannot be "cured"?

Or is this just another scam?

Oh it is DEFINATELY a scam! Why isn't one of the issues sexual abuse that she needs treatment for! REMEMBER, her father and possibly her brother molested her.........and for her lawyers to not even think through their reasons re why she needs tx when the freakin OS referred to GA molesting her.....proves to me that they KNEW it was NOT true........I wish something could be done to **** re this.....I really really really do~

I would never deny anyone from having therapy if they believe they need it. But I pray that we, the taxpayers, are not going to have to support it financially.

I don't know if Baez and team are using this as another scam or if Casey would benefit. But if everyone believes she needs it so badly, just quit talking and do it. Just don't do it on my buck. ~ again.

Therapy cannot work if the subject does not think there is anything wrong with them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back