COD: Stabbed/Knife wounds

JeannieC

Reaction score
These victims "Cause of Death" is listed as stabbing or knife wounds.

Mildred Jo Ann Knighten, 15, body found near CR 225, Galveston, October 23, 1972

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mildred Knighten left her family's home in Pasadena during the evening of Friday, October 20, 1972. She left with an unidentified friend to visit her sister in LaPorte. Her body was found a few days later in an industrial area of County Road 225 near Galveston. She was the victim of a vicious stabbing with 61 wounds in the back and nine in the face. Her throat had been "slashed repeatedly". She wore only a brown corduroy shirt.

No suspect was charged and this case has never been solved.

Girl Found Knifed
Victim Was on Her Way to La Porte

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by bessie; 11-05-2011 at 11:55 PM.

GLORIAANNSTEPHAN.jpg

Case # 82-18737
Murder of Gloria Ann Stephan
October 2, 1982 – Alford Road, Magnolia, Texas

SYNOPSIS: At approx. 4:00 pm, a resident found the body of an
unidentified white female in “the gravel pit” located off Alford Road.
Another resident had been by the same location and reported that the body
was not present at that location at about 9:30 am, the same day. The
victim had been strangled with a ligature and stabbed to death
. Victim
was positively identified by fingerprints as Gloria Ann Stephan, who was
last seen at a convenience store in the 13000 block of Northshore in
Houston, Texas on October 2, 1982, at about 12:00 pm. Stephan had been
driving her light blue 1975 Plymouth station wagon. On October 3, 1982,
at approx. 1:00 am, a Texas DPS Trooper found Stephan’s car abandoned
along Hwy 290 in Kerrville, Texas. Self-professed Serial Killer Henry
Lee Lucas subsequently confessed to the crime, along with several others
in Montgomery County, in 1983. Lucas had confessed to approx. 600
murders, with about 200 cleared across the United States. Lucas died in
prison in 2001, after his death sentence was commuted to life. Lucas had
recanted his confessions and it is believed that he is not responsible for
most of the crimes he confessed too.

Montgomery County Sheriff's Department Cold Cases

DEANNALYNNOGG.jpg

1986 Case # 86-24419
Murder of Deanna Lynn Ogg
September 27, 1986 – 17000 block of Old Houston Road, Conroe, Texas
SYNOPSIS: Deanna Lynn Ogg was 16 years of age and resided on
Comanche Street in the Holly Ridge Subdivision of Porter, Texas. Ogg
had attended the newly constructed New Caney High School. On
September 27, 1986, at approx. 5:00 pm, Ogg walked from her residence
in order to locate transportation to a gathering with family. A short time
later, Ogg was observed alone at a convenience store located on FM 1314 at Sorters Road, Porter. At approx. 7:00 pm, the same date, Ogg’s dead body was found in a heavily wooded area, off a logging road, in the 17000 block of Old Houston Road. This location was about 7 miles from where she was last seen at the store. Ogg had been sexually assaulted, beaten, and stabbed to death. A subject was convicted of a crime related to Ogg’s death, but was exonerated by DNA testing when the technology became available. The DNA belonging to Ogg’s killer has not been linked to anyone to date.

Montgomery County Sheriff's Department Cold Cases

Unidentified Biracial or Asian Female found 09/27/1987 - Houston

340UFTX.jpg
340UFTX1.jpg

340UFTX2.jpg

The Doe Network: Case File 340UFTX

Unidentified Biracial or Asian Female

The victim was discovered on September 27, 1987 in Houston, Harris County, Texas. The victim was located in a vacant field at 8100 Leghorn, Houston, Texas.
Cause of Death: Multiple stab wounds
Estimated Date of Death: 3-24 months prior
Skeletal Remains
Estimated age: 15-25 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'0"
Distinguishing Characteristics: Race is mixed. Primary race is White. May be Asian. Black or Brown hair, 8 inches in length (may be synthetic).
Clothing: Tan, short sleeved, round neck T-shirt, with brand name "Gulf Coast Sportswear" with logo bearing "Sam's Place 97 Rock Houston Gamblers" on the front, lettering is orange. A red strapless bra; white leather type shoes with small heels, size 7. A belt with mans belt buckle; blue jean shorts.
Dentals: Available; 1, 17, 32 - partial root formation.
DNA: Available; mtDNA & nucDNA Profile available - FBI NMPDD.

This case may have a direct connection to fans of the Houston Gamblers franchise. The victim was found wearing a tan t-shirt with "Sam's Place, 97 Rock, Houston Gamblers" printed across the front in red. In addition, the victim was wearing a red strapless bra and size 7M white leather shoes with small heels. It is possible that the victim acquired the shirt at a function held at "Sam's Place." It is equally possible that the victim purchased the shirt from a thrift shop or other place with no connection to the Gamblers or their fans. With that being said, the most obvious clue to follow is to learn if any patrons of Sam's Place or fans of the Gamblers recognize this female.

victimlocationmap.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/340uftx.html
http://www.houston-gamblers.com/id197.html

Amber Hagerman, 9, 01/15/96, Arlington

Amber-Hagerman200.jpg

More than 10 years later, Glenda Whitson recalls each second of the 8 minutes that changed her family's life.

It began with a visit from her grandchildren, Amber Hagerman, 9, and brother Ricky, 5.

Jimmie Whitson kept two bicycles at the house for the grandkids, and Amber and Ricky asked if they could go for a quick ride on the sunny winter day.

"My husband and my daughter said, 'OK, but just go once around the block,'" Glenda Whitson told Crime Library.

They peddled around two corners to the parking lot of a Winn-Dixie grocery store that had been closed for some time. Neighborhood kids enjoyed riding on a ramp there...

"They rode over there and went down the ramp," Mrs. Whitson said. "Ricky told his sister, 'I'm going back home because mama told us to just ride around the block.' So he rode back here, and my husband asked him, 'Where's Sissy?' He said she stayed for one more ride on the ramp, so they sent him back for her."

Ricky Hagerman left but returned a minute or two later and said, "I can't find Sissy."

Four days after the abduction, a man walking his dog spotted Amber's naked body in a creek bed near an apartment complex in north Arlington. The girl's throat had been slit.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/n...n/1_index.html

http://www.amberalertcreator.com/

kellum,Amanda-11-13-06.jpg
http://galvestondailynews.com/announcements/photos/kellum,Amanda-11-13-06.jpg
(11/10/06 - KTRK/LA MARQUE, TX) (KTRK) -- A woman's body was discovered in La Marque Friday morning.

Amanda Nicole Kellum 27 - found murdered 11/10/2006

La Marque police are investigating the death of a woman who has been identified as Amanda Nicole Kellum, 27. Kellum's nude body was found in Omega Bay near the Gulf Freeway and Highway 146 by two fishermen. The victim was apparently stabbed and may have been strangled as well. A dive team was called out to search the bay for more evidence.

The Galveston County Chief Medical Examiner later deemed her cause of death to be beating and multiple stabbings.
http://www.newspaperarchive.com/SiteMap/FreePdfPreview.aspx?img=112898516

Investigators in La Marque asked Friday for anyone with information about the apparent homicide of Amanda Nicole Kellum, 27, to call police at 409-938-9269. People with information can also call La Marque Crime Stoppers, 409-938-8477. Crime Stoppers pays rewards of up to $1,000 for information leading to arrests and convictions in major crimes.

p.jpg

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Woman-s-body-found-near-I-45-1893184.php

http://galvestondailynews.com/story.lasso?ewcd=5770940486c2f7db

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=4749525

http://galvestondailynews.com/story.lasso?ewcd=8209b0e7792f890c

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...nd-dead-along-Gulf-Freeway-feeder-1523141.php

picture.php

Mildred Jo Ann Knighten, 15, body found near CR 225, Galveston, October 23, 1972

Mildred Knighten left her family's home in Pasadena during the evening of Friday, October 20, 1972. She left with an unidentified friend to visit her sister in LaPorte. Her body was found a few days later in an industrial area of County Road 225 near Galveston. She was the victim of a vicious stabbing with 61 wounds in the back and nine in the face. Her throat had been "slashed repeatedly". She wore only a brown corduroy shirt.

No suspect was charged and this case has never been solved.

Girl Found Knifed
Victim Was on Her Way to La Porte

Last edited by bessie; 11-05-2011 at 11:55 PM.

Mildred JoAnn Knighten is my aunt. She was my fathers sister. I have done so much online research to get information. Her death was something my father & grandmother never really spoke about. I only have info on her death from my mother & step mother besides what I have found over the internet. I went yesterday to the Pasadena Police Dept to see what I could get access to with her case & file. I was given a case number which took about 30 minutes to find. They had to do some digging to find her in their system. When finally found I was told that at this time they coundn't give me any info because her case was still open. This case is almost 40 years old. I'm new to this research stuff. I was wondering if anyone would know what info I am intitled to if any from her case file? If its open? Or closed? I was told they would call me on Monday because they needed to speak with a supervisor before any info if any could be given to me. I will also keep you all updated with her case file if I am given any info.

I have often been compaired to my Aunt JoAnn over the years. I wasn't born until 1977 so I was obviously never able to meet her. I feel close to her anyways. My avatar is a pic of her about a year before she was killed. Thanks for keeping her case in the public eye as I plan to now do so myself. I feel whoever killed my aunt stripped me of a relationship with her that could have been something awesome.

Jennifer Schuett also had her throat slashed when she was abducted from her bedroom in 1990 at the age of 8 by Dennis Earl Bradford in Dickinson.

He wasn't caught until 2009 in Arkansas, where he had served time for a rape conviction in 1996.

Jennifer survived miraculously.

I too was a fifteen year old in 1972. I was in Junior High School at Deady Junior High ( Houston ) with JoAnn Knighten. We had art class together at the time of this crime. There were rumors of a relative who was to give her a ride to her sister's house . Also there was someone who lived very near our school , frequented LaPorte Road , Pasadena ice houses ( La Porte Rd ran parallel to Hwy 225 ) ,was a person of interest to police in other cases ( not the killing fields ).. check the old detective magazine ,Inside Detective , June 1975 .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back