jaycee private school/garridos letters to mom

I think there is a very strong possibility Nancy, who is somewhat educated herself, may have helped in educating the two younger girls.

@kbl: My cousin bought the "People" magazine with Dugard on the cover and I could've sworn she told me that the article states that the eldest was not only up to grade level but near that of a high school senior, according to the tests. So, I don't think the two girls are at 5th grade level. I still have my doubts about math and science, but as I said earlier, we'll probably not find out anytime soon how Dugard did it, if she did, on those subjects.

its intresting if it's true.
and makes jaycee even more amazing

i doubt she's that noble
Oh, believe me, I do not think she is noble. I see her as a monster.

I was thinking more along the lines of trying to look important in their eyes, in a misguided attempt at trying to fit into the 'role' of a mother, or out of boredom.

Oh, believe me, I do not think she is noble. I see her as a monster.

I was thinking more along the lines of trying to look important in their eyes, in a misguided attempt at trying to fit into the 'role' of a mother, or out of boredom.

well im pretty sure patty didnt help educate them.
nancy, maybe some. but alll materials that would help them learn were on the tents. doubt nancy was out there much

nancy, maybe some. but alll materials that would help them learn were on the tents. doubt nancy was out there much
:croc:

I wasn't referring to Patricia, I was referring to Nancy.
Nevermind.

I posted this on the other thread, and then deleted it right away because I thought it would be better placed here:

I just want to get this straight in my mind...

Prior to the rescue, Jaycee's daughters thought/ were told that Jaycee was their older sister, correct?

So... did the two young girls think that Nancy Garrido was their mother? Or, did they just think that Nancy was their step-mother?

(Because, if indeed Phillip Garrido is their biological father, and he is married to Nancy, then legally Nancy is their step-mother... but did they believe she was their bio mom?).
Anyone mind letting me know your thoughts on the above?
Thanks in advance!

I wasn't referring to Patricia, I was referring to Nancy.
Nevermind.

sorry i know you meant nancy. im just going thru process of elimination here.
maybe nancy did help, i dont know.
i know jaycee did the best she could on her own.

Anyone mind letting me know your thoughts on the above?
Thanks in advance!
I do not think we know that.
we do know that JC was supposedly their big sister, and she had to tell them after PG went to jail that she is indeed their mom by rape and abduction. :(
No body spelled out anything about Nancy.
I assume that they would think NG was their bio Mom.

What is really sad is their BIO mom was there all that time, and they did not know it. :(
what is great is they all left together. :)

JC's 15 year old daughter would be essentially in 10 grade now, where many students learn basic HS math (non-algebra). College prep students would be in an Algebra or Geometry class. Science curriculum would be something along the lines of Earth Science, with some advanced students in Biology or Chemistry - and many HS students only take the basics in either.

Home schooling curriculum is available up to high school. Some even provide advanced training for college-prep (students would have to take skills exams for college qualification). It is not known how much online access they were provided, but given that JC was able to use the computer in the business, it is likely that she had relatively free access to get any info she wanted. Study guides for these courses are also freely available (in fact, they're available even for advanced upper division math and science topics)

As for textbooks, there are several pictures with boxes of books, including the one with the 'Gardening Made Easy" books scattered about. In the office area are a number of boxes. But textbooks wouldn't be required - only notebooks (and there are several examples of those, too).

There is also a telling sheet in the picture with the furbees on the game controller. There is a printed sheet partially in the picture. The text is mostly obscured but the tital can be partially read:

Att...
College...
Studi...
A powerful gift has by...
name's one that the...
higher learning believes...

It looks like something printed from the internet, though I haven't been able to find it in Google - perhaps it is text provided as part of a curriculum of study.

I think it qualifies as solid evidence that JC was looking into college studies, either for herself or for her daughters.

EDIT: I'm finding evidence online that this page is connected with UNESCO's Open Training Platform, though I haven't found the exact page yet.

http://opentraining.unesco-ci.org/cgi-bin/page.cgi?d=1

I kinda figured that paper was PG's..."a powerful gift" seems more along the lines of his manifesto, etc. and we know he went to Berkley, so it could be related to that, maybe even a script or notes. We don't know who printed or wrote or otherwise obtained that paper. It could have been Jaycee, but it also could have been PG.

I think this is key to understanding JC's 'escape' (not from captivity, but her ability to convince her captors to give her more liberty in her adult years). PG certainly was too scatter-brained to effectively manage a business with long-term clientele (not to mention his very poor spelling for a printing business), and NG had no business skills, either. His mom could have initially helped due to her real-estate background, but as she got older and more infirm she couldn't keep up.

So I speculate that JC saw an opportunity, to get computing, graphic and business skills from online classes, to help the business. It's quite possible that she basically gave herself the equivalent of an AA degree online, given the comments many of their customers gave on the quality of the work she produced. In fact, I would say that she would have been HIGHLY motivated to do this.
If she could do that for herself, then it would have been quite easy for her to do the same for her kids.

GREAT OBSERVATION :clap:

I can see him being motivated to let JC be involved with his printing business....but schooling on Internet ? - I do not see how that would help him at all....he is self serving. There is no way he wanted them too smart, He had to maintain control.
Under their conditions I am impressed that they Do read and write and know basic math.
Most of all I would credit JC for talking him inoto her own advancement, which llowed her to then also help the girls.

Unless I met them, I would not believe anything else. JC is still a hero. :)

I wonder if Nancy Garrido could have had a hand in helping to educate all three of these girls?
She was for a time in the nursing profession, wasn't she?
Just a thought.
She was a CNA-a Certified Nursing Assistant, not a Licensed Nurse-an LVN or an RN. Big difference in education levels. I wouldn't exactly call her a nurse. Her job is to change bedpans, help patients with dressing/undressing, getting out of bed, to the bathroom, and help feeding patients.

I think there is a very strong possibility Nancy, who is somewhat educated herself, may have helped in educating the two younger girls.

I also brought this up as a "possibility" awhile back and had the same responses as you.

I need to go find my rose-colored glasses to be here, I guess. Or my helmet in case I say something someone disagrees with. :)

im sure that's how her lawyers will spin it at sentencing even if it isnt true.
'she loved those girls and jaycee and taught them everything'
maybe she did help teach the girls.
i know jaycee taught them what she could :)

im sure that's how her lawyers will spin it at sentencing even if it isnt true.
'she loved those girls and jaycee and taught them everything'
maybe she did help teach the girls.
i know jaycee taught them what she could :)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not supporting Nancy in any way. Just wanting to know the truth as it is and not as I want it to be.

There was a news article some time back with some e-mails supposedly back and forth between her and her brothers. I got the impression from those that they were barely literate.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morbidlittlemind
Back