Group Plans Memorial Walkway For Caylee

When I watched the video of the memorial on Caylee's birthday I was somewhat shocked to see a young mother walking through the remains site with a two-ish child dragging along behind her. What is wrong with people?

Then I started thinking here is a man who claims to be the regional director for BKH and a minister who does counseling and here he is promoting this memorial site as if it will have a healing affect on small children.

At the time the remains were found my then 4-year-old granddaughter who is now 7 was very affected by what happened because she overheard it on TV. She could not understand why a Mom would throw her baby away. No matter how you try to protect them they are going to see some things you just can't catch in time. But you don't have to rub their noses in it. No child should have to be reminded day after day about what happened there and have the developers try to "sugar coat" it as having a connection to Winnie the Pooh. (And FYI something a mother typically does when she kills her child is to wrap them in a blanket).

No one should have to travel to Orlando to see information about other missing children when that money could be donated to circulate that information over the internet or donate to TES who is well established. If people feel the need to donate, donate to TES in the name of Caylee. I'm sure he would appreciate it and it will help other families in a way that this memorial can never help. Caylee died while on her mother's watch and more than likely by her mother's hands but she is no different than any other child whose fate ends up the same as Caylee. The memorial serves no purpose other than to glorify the death of a child and Caylee deserves better than that. She deserves recognition for helping other people not project developers.

Somehow this has the A's written all over it. What better way to keep their foundation up and running than a memorial right down the street to remind people to keep giving. jmo

Everytime I see a news article about BKH whether it's on Orlando local news or the Sentinel I think the viewing audience is left with the impression that media has given this group their stamp of approval.
They should be doing some investigative reporting or is that a thing of the past? It seems lately they only repeat whatever they are told and take it as gospel.
As far as BKH's description of their plans, it's all silly gibberish. MOO

Yep, I think that the media has let us down.
Especially when their refer to this org as a "National Organization" in subject article. What a joke.
Especially since they never have disclosed how many members/volunteers they have, except less than 100. Which could less than 10.

Yep, I think that the media has let us down.
Especially when their refer to this org as a "National Organization" in subject article. What a joke.
Especially since they never have disclosed how many members/volunteers they have, except less than 100. Which could less than 10.

I am trying to recall.....what exactly preceded the media finally paying attention to and exposing Kidfinders? Was it when "someone" brought it to their attention that there was a criminal background involved? :waitasec:

I don't remember...just remember a news video of media cornering Dennis M outside a trailer?

I am trying to recall.....what exactly preceded the media finally paying attention to and exposing Kidfinders? Was it when "someone" brought it to their attention that there was a criminal background involved? :waitasec:

I don't remember...just remember a news video of media cornering Dennis M outside a trailer?

It was Kathi Belich, didn't she start getting a lot of emails asking her to check out his unsavory past?:innocent:

It seems to me it all started with a contest to win a car and the NeverLoseHope Foundation ,which may have spiraled into looking closely at KidFinders. It wasn't hard to find news articles just by googling the names.

Quite a history .

Everytime I see a news article about BKH whether it's on Orlando local news or the Sentinel I think the viewing audience is left with the impression that media has given this group their stamp of approval.
They should be doing some investigative reporting or is that a thing of the past? It seems lately they only repeat whatever they are told and take it as gospel.
As far as BKH's description of their plans, it's all silly gibberish. MOO

I've thought the same thing every time I've read something about them.

I really hope this memorial does not get made. It sounds ridiculous and Caylee was NEVER MISSING!!!! I can't say that enough! I get so tired of hearing Caylee and missing child keep being related to each other. She wasn't MISSING, she was MURDERED!!!! Or heck, at the very least (we know this not to be true, btw) died in a pool in an ACCIDENT. That is STILL NOT A MISSING CHILD!

And how is any child going to learn anything at a morbid memorial like that? Highlighting where her body was found is not anything a kid should be involved in or be forced to go to! Just leave that place alone and let the earth reclaim it. Caylee deserves that more than this memorial!

I really hope this memorial does not get made. It sounds ridiculous and Caylee was NEVER MISSING!!!! I can't say that enough! I get so tired of hearing Caylee and missing child keep being related to each other. She wasn't MISSING, she was MURDERED!!!! Or heck, at the very least (we know this not to be true, btw) died in a pool in an ACCIDENT. That is STILL NOT A MISSING CHILD!

And how is any child going to learn anything at a morbid memorial like that? Highlighting where her body was found is not anything a kid should be involved in or be forced to go to! Just leave that place alone and let the earth reclaim it. Caylee deserves that more than this memorial!

Tommy: 'What is this place Mom?'
Mom: 'Oh, it's where a little girl about your age was left in trash bags and with tape on her face by her mom who didn't want her anymore. But all they found was her skeleton. Now, go and jump all over it like I told you.'

Not sure if this link will work or not ?
http://theorlandoblog.com/2011/08/11/caylee-marie-anthony-memorial-just-say-no/

Supposed homeowner comments!

One has to wonder if the locals do not want this and it comes up for a public meeting to change the zoning and they all object it's not going to go anywhere. Makes me also wonder why the A's are supporting this endeavor when they know some of their neighbors are not happy with the idea. This memorial will bring those very people who were protesting right outside their doors in 2008.

Plus wouldn't this be a constant reminder of what KC did to her daughter. You would think the A's would be against having this right down the street from them unless they plan to relocate? jmo

One has to wonder if the locals do not want this and it comes up for a public meeting to change the zoning and they all object it's not going to go anywhere. Makes me also wonder why the A's are supporting this endeavor when they know some of their neighbors are not happy with the idea. This memorial will bring those very people who were protesting right outside their doors in 2008.

Plus wouldn't this be a constant reminder of what KC did to her daughter. You would think the A's would be against having this right down the street from them unless they plan to relocate? jmo

How ironic that they never gave Caylee a headstone or resting place, just cremated her (not that there's anything wrong with that, but their reasoning for it was flawed), but now they want a memorial. Weren't they previously concerned about vandalism and graffiti so that is why they didn't bury her in the first place? And while wearing the cremation jewelry, Cindy kept saying Caylee was still alive. Yet now they want the memorial and those concerns aren't concerns anymore.

I do wonder if they are planning on relocating. They keep saying they don't want attention, yet this memorial would bring a lot of attention onto them.

Memorials are placed on the ground of tragic events all the time.

A couple that come to mind is the OK City bombing memorial (beautiful and very touching) and the 9/11 memorial.

I wonder how many remains/bones people walk over in OK city?
I wonder how many reamins/bones people will walk over in NY City?

I don't find it disrespectful at all to have a memorial in places like that.

And I don't find it disrespectful to Caylee to have a memorial for her on Suburban.

JMO

Perhaps the A's are hoping that BKH will ally and possibly endorse their foundation with theirs - as they surely can not be expecting any organizations such as TES, KlassKids or Center for M&E Children to step up and do that. They have a mountain to overcome and I can't see this memorial ever getting off the drawing board.:twocents:

Quote from BKH website: "Artificial turf surrounds the halo and provides an area for a small group to pay tribute to Caylee, view, and recognize that there is hope left for other missing children."

What possible HOPE can be derived from viewing the site where a child was dumped like trash by a Mom who did not give much thought about how the child died nor the fact that the site where her body was left would be visited by animals that literally torn her small body apart. I think this memorial site will create greater animosity against this family which will keep them from moving on. Many of the neighbors clearly do not want it there. These neighbors were never contacted to see if they were in favor of this site going up in their neighborhood so my guess is this foundation really never expects this to get off the ground. When you think of Caylee's remains lying out there in the element until December 11th hope is not a word I would use to describe it. No parent of a missing child would find comfort and hope from this site, only overwhelming despair.

The difference here regarding the memorial is that the one person who was suppose to protect Caylee failed her. This is not about OKC and it's not about ground zero it's sooooo different. I have children and grandchildren and would never expose them to this site just because I was curious. Until I hear from a licensed psychologist who deals specifically in grief counseling that this is productive for young children I will stand by my opinion.
jmo
I don't have to live in this community but I do think the people who do should have a say and should be speaking out to the media soon. If the neighborhood does not want this they are the ones who need to do something about it and I don't mean just put their house up for sale. jmo

Quote from BKH website: "Artificial turf surrounds the halo and provides an area for a small group to pay tribute to Caylee, view, and recognize that there is hope left for other missing children."

What possible HOPE can be derived from viewing the site where a child was dumped like trash by a Mom who did not give much thought about how the child died nor the fact that the site where her body was left would be visited by animals that literally torn her small body apart. I think this memorial site will create greater animosity against this family which will keep them from moving on. Many of the neighbors clearly do not want it there. These neighbors were never contacted to see if they were in favor of this site going up in their neighborhood so my guess is this foundation really never expects this to get off the ground. When you think of Caylee's remains lying out there in the element until December 11th hope is not a word I would use to describe it. No parent of a missing child would find comfort and hope from this site, only overwhelming despair.

The difference here regarding the memorial is that the one person who was suppose to protect Caylee failed her. This is not about OKC and it's not about ground zero it's sooooo different. I have children and grandchildren and would never expose them to this site just because I was curious. Until I hear from a licensed psychologist who deals specifically in grief counseling that this is productive for young children I will stand by my opinion.
jmo
I don't have to live in this community but I do think the people who do should have a say and should be speaking out to the media soon. If the neighborhood does not want this they are the ones who need to do something about it and I don't mean just put their house up for sale. jmo

Thank you, Lampchop. ITA. There is just no comparison between the site of the largest terrorist attack on American soil and the site where Casey disposed of her daughter like trash. There is no comparison between the OKC site, another terrible American tragedy, and the site where Caylee lay for months until she was found. There is just isn't a comparison there. Thousands of lives senslessly lost does not equal a mother murdering her child and tossing her out like trash, then lying about that same child being missing. And now the memorial is for missing children, which Caylee NEVER WAS. It's a sham, and it shouldn't be put up at all. We don't need a constant reminder of a mother that killed her child and tossed that child out like trash. We don't need a misguided memorial to remind us of missing children when Caylee WAS NEVER MISSING!

jmo

I'm in complete agreement with you LambChop.

This is my first and last visit to this thread. The concept of building a memorial to Caylee and other "lost" children on this site is just appalling to me.

This isn't a site where Caylee tragically and accidentally died - she didn't even die here - this is a piece of neglected swamp land that was the local trash dumping ground. This is the place her mother chose to dump her poor dead body - and allowed it to rot and be torn apart.

While I understand the concept of memorializing her death, using this place for this concept is just disgusting, appalling and in such incredible poor taste it just makes me feel nauseous and creepy to even think about it. IMO!

Caylee Marie Anthony was never a story about a missing child but just another story of a child whose mother did not want to face the responsibility of raising her child. No one could ever dignify that with a memorial.

If I were approached about putting such a memorial in my Town Square I would object very strongly when icons of loving mom's are never seen memorialized. I'd fight to have that money sent to someone who deserves the financial support of my community in the name of the deceased child. My vote would be to support TES for all they do and for the results they have achieved and they stand by their record. Now that is a fitting rememberance. But this is just how I feel and jmo.

One only needs to look at how many of us feel on this thread and wonder how the neighborhood feels about this site. We don't even live there and it will never affect us on a day-to-day basis as it will with this neighborhood. Some locals I would imagine are still numb by what has happened. While others appear to want to leave the neighborhood for whatever reason. If the majority of people feel this is not a good thing it could affect the sales of homes. But unless they speak up now they will be stuck with it if it ever materializes. jmo

What I don't get is all of these 'new foundations' for this or that when there are well established foundations that could use the moneys that these so called foundations are trying to raise. I do feel that the Anthony's finger prints and DNA are all over this so called memorial. Halo? Reflecting pool? The discription just screams Cindy to me. I hope all of the Anthony's neighbors put a stop to this. If the Anthony's were normal none of this would be happening. I have a friend who's daughter was murdered (still unsolved 11 years now) and there is a very small memorial area near the place she was attacked (not made by the family). It's a place that if you didn't know it was there you wouldn't even notice it. I think that it's just so strange that the Anthony's are throwing out another foundation when the first failed. I just cannot see any of us living outside the realm of Anthony Land giving to a foundation that isn't well established such as KlassKids and TES.
I personally find this planned so called memorial uber creepy.

Thank you, Lampchop. ITA. There is just no comparison between the site of the largest terrorist attack on American soil and the site where Casey disposed of her daughter like trash. There is no comparison between the OKC site, another terrible American tragedy, and the site where Caylee lay for months until she was found. There is just isn't a comparison there. Thousands of lives senslessly lost does not equal a mother murdering her child and tossing her out like trash, then lying about that same child being missing. And now the memorial is for missing children, which Caylee NEVER WAS. It's a sham, and it shouldn't be put up at all. We don't need a constant reminder of a mother that killed her child and tossed that child out like trash. We don't need a misguided memorial to remind us of missing children when Caylee WAS NEVER MISSING!

I never compared it in any way except they are MEMORIALS and remains remain at the sites!

If you reread my post, that should be clear.

And I think ALL life is precious.
1 or 2,000. Tragic just the same.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth