17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been reading you all since this case broke and want to tell all WS friends how much I love and admire their support. I haven't jumped into commenting on this one, although I read everything everywhere about it. But I'm still tender from the Caylee "mess" and am here with you all - but staying in the background for now. Justice for Trayvon and Justice for Tori Stafford!
Hugs to all!

((((((((LOGICALGIRL))))))))))))))))

I had just seen your name down below and was going to say hi, but you posted first! Glad to have you here!! :seeya:

April 11, 2012 at 4:27 pm

Official: Charges coming in Trayvon Martin death
By Kyle Hightower and Brendan Farrington
Associated Press

Sanford, Fla. — After weeks of mounting tension and protests across the U.S., a special prosecutor has decided to bring charges against neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman in the killing of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, a law enforcement official said Wednesday.

The official, speaking to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity, said prosecutor Angela Corey would announce the charges at a 6 p.m. news conference. The official said he did not know the charges. Corey confirmed only that she would make an announcement at that time.

The Martin family and their attorney, Ben Crump, renewed their pleas for calm as the hour approached.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120411/NATION/204110379#ixzz1rlf5fLOJ

Does anyone believe GZ will be charged with Aggravated Manslaughter because of Trayvon's age? I don't know if that will happen?

Yes. IMO, it will be aggravated manslaughter but no hate crime charges which may be why the family has requested a peaceful reaction and no violence.

Pure Speculation and JMO, OMO, and :moo:

59 minutes! Wish I had some beer? Can the mod's bring us some shots from the sidebar? I tried to yesterday, but it wasn't as nice as the Mod's bars?

Based on the Florida lawyers (some who have had cases with Angela Corey), I heard, I wouldn't be surprised if it was 2nd degree with lesser charges included. Mark NeJame explained that killing a minor changes the degree up one, such as Manslaughter 2 to Manslaughter 1. Also, if the killing was done with a gun, there is a minimum 20 year sentence.

At this site,

http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blo...ive-coverage-george-zimmerman-will-be-charged

They are already broadcasting live (but I don't think they realize they are broadcasting) from the Jacksonville Courthouse, the newscaster and a lawyer were chatting and the lawyer said that even if A. Corey charged GZ with the lesser charge of manslaughter that GZ will still face life in prison because of using a gun in the commission of a crime.

59 minutes! Wish I had some beer? Can the mod's bring us some shots from the sidebar? I tried to yesterday, but it wasn't as nice as the Mod's bars?

According to CNN/HLN, Bourbon is the drink of the day ;)

once GZ is charged, the defense can file for the charges to be dismissed under this statue, they will then go before a judge and the defense will attempt to prove their case, this is one part of our justice system where the weight is on the defense to prove it was self defense or syg law. the judge can agree with the defense and dismiss the charges, this doesn't stop the procescutor can appeal that decision if that happens.

At this site,

http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blo...ive-coverage-george-zimmerman-will-be-charged

They are already broadcasting live (but I don't think they realize they are broadcasting) from the Jacksonville Courthouse, the newscaster and a lawyer were chatting and the lawyer said that even if A. Corey charged GZ with the lesser charge of manslaughter that GZ will still face life in prison because of using a gun in the commission of a crime.

YES! We live for hot mics around here!:rocker:

Can I ask a question (mods), now that GZ is being charged, are we to still consider him a victim ?

(not that I ever thought he was)

I didn't before today and will never!

I love that you put Trayvon's mothers words as your signature! It puts a smile on my face everytime I read it.

Such class and dignity that this woman has. I applaud her, I sympathize with her, and I admire her for standing strong through her fight for Trayvon. Trayvon was certainly fortunate that he has two such wonderful parents.

If he is out of state I say he is in NY.

I seriously doubt it. NYS does not have SYG and GZ likes to tote his gun around. Plus, based on how NY embraced TM's family I doubt he would come here well not in NYC anyways...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kupsa