LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great Post and thank you! It really help the out-of-towners, like myself :) I was wondering what you thought about the possibility of two perps....one in the back-end of the truck. Would it be viable to throw a bike from a moving vehicle and end up where it did?!?! That's the only other option I could think of---if two people did do this and one was in the back w/ the bike (and possibly MS).....that is.....if the perp vehicle is even a truck :banghead:

P.S.-I noticed that the guests have been outnumbering the members A LOT lately. Do you have to "sign-in" as guest?! Just wondering why so many lurkers!

If there were two people involved, and one was riding in the back of the truck, it would make throwing the bike from the truck more viable, IMO.

Thank you for the "welcome!"

I've been wondering about the bike test results, as it's been about a month now....they must have something. I read that searchers and divers returned to Whiskey Bay last week, and I 'figured' this was a result of whatever the forensics on that bike turned up. Who knows? But they had to have divers return there for some reason.
Poor girl,...I hope and pray for her.

I thought I saw that an unidentified man's body was recovered Wednesday in the Atchafalaya River in the pilot channel, unless the searches you are referring to occurred after that.

VERY good point. no home invasion type thing. he can just say "oops, now ride home with me" and we know the rest of the very sad story.

it's like he knows to go in the older garden district areas near college campuses. there are lots of trees and not much traffic.

also, it was exactly one month after Mickey was taken.

i wonder what damage occured to the Raleigh girl's bike. if it's just like the damage Mickey's bike sustained??

Thanx, justwannahelp, I had forgotten that important parallel..The next innocent victim will be much sooner & much more violent, imo, unless he is caught..

Thank you for that information.

The first exit may have been to close to the abduction site. So he took the one after that .....27 30 miles further east to drop off the bike. Makes sense.......Especially with it being so dark around the bridge . I have watched the cams from the bridge late at night, and still do. To see how often traffic comes by and so forth. But very dark.

Would you know if the first exit you mentioned is as dark at night as it it on the bridge? If there is more light at the first exit that would explain why he chose the second exit? Just curious. Thank you again.

I'm not sure about the light, sorry.

snipped:
P.S.-I noticed that the guests have been outnumbering the members A LOT lately. Do you have to "sign-in" as guest?! Just wondering why so many lurkers!
Guests don't have to sign on to read the forum but if they want to post a comment they do have to have an account and sign in.

If it was me, I'd be worried that if I exited, someone else could exit and we'd both look suspicious to each other. Meaning they would notice me and I'd notice them. However, if I had a window of opportunity to park on the bridge and throw it over, then it lands closer to the middle of the river which would mean better chance of the current taking it, and I'd be able to jump in my car and haul *advertiser censored* before another car would see me. I drove to BR this week and noticed some type of dwelling off the WB exit and several things of hay like it was someone's property or farm. Does anyone know what I was seeing?

Especially if you had the girl with you at the time.

VERY good point. no home invasion type thing. he can just say "oops, now ride home with me" and we know the rest of the very sad story.

it's like he knows to go in the older garden district areas near college campuses. there are lots of trees and not much traffic.

also, it was exactly one month after Mickey was taken.

i wonder what damage occured to the Raleigh girl's bike. if it's just like the damage Mickey's bike sustained??

About the NC incident, I think it took 10 days to release because perhaps it took a while to find the perp on camera. I am really glad they posted that picture. I don't know where they got it, but the floor reveals an interesting pattern (inlaid?) So I am assuming they scanned much video to find it. That floor is a clue to where he was. The victim had a good description and could identify the perp. I wish we knew more about the background---- if she left a group of friends or where she was previously.

I don't see why this perp(s) has to be especially smart...he took a woman and her bike, got rid of the bike, probably the woman as well...and so far the woman has not been found. Nothing there to make him a genius in my opinion.

How come no one thinks the Tara Jean Hawkins murder could also be related? She was also riding her bike and then went missing. Her body was found but not her bike. This just happened early June. She wasn't riding at 2am, it was 730pm but she too was a very cute, petite young woman. There is barely info on her murder, action jax posted a timeline with video of her on the last day she was seeen

Another thought regarding nc perp car being different, maybe the dot is a work vehicle and sub is personal or his wifes, etc.

I meant to type maybe the DWT is work vech and SUV personal

I don't see why this perp(s) has to be especially smart...he took a woman and her bike, got rid of the bike, probably the woman as well...and so far the woman has not been found. Nothing there to make him a genius in my opinion.

IMO, from just an outsider watching many of these cases for years---She hasn't been missing all that long (compared to others) if the perp did get rid of MS. Most crimes, IMO, are committed by people you know or know the area well. That is probably the only reason she is still missing. The perp knew where to put/keep her b/c he either knew her or the area (or both). All my opinion of course :)

How come no one thinks the Tara Jean Hawkins murder could also be related? She was also riding her bike and then went missing. Her body was found but not her bike. This just happened early June. She wasn't riding at 2am, it was 730pm but she too was a very cute, petite young woman. There is barely info on her murder, action jax posted a timeline with video of her on the last day she was seeen

Another thought regarding nc perp car being different, maybe the dot is a work vehicle and sub is personal or his wifes, etc.

Her case has been brought up as well.

I just think that more young women ride bikes nowadays so there will be more victims than there used to be.

I don't really see any reason at this point to connect any of the cases.

TARA JEAN HAWKINS ARTICLE::: http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2012/06/tara-jean-hawkins-missing-from-florida.html

If Tara Jean Hawkins were blonde I feel like a lot more comparisons would be made. If we are connecting cases I would say maybe for her over someone like Holly Bobo. Probably unrelated though. I am still leaning toward a local perp though some traveling would be possible.

My old girl, Molly (a horse) injured herself today. Cut her nostril and scrapped her bridge. It made me think of Mickey and how Mickey was probably patching up and comforting her horse like I did today right before her life was disrupted. Still hoping for some sort of break.

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/11262355/

Man sought in attempted rape in Raleigh

"He is white"
----------------
Let's be politically correct, right? And make a presumption that the suspect is "white." OK, so does that mean, "caucasian" or not? At the expense of the victims. Just like everyone thought the Bike Path Rapist, someone who went on raping and killing for decades, was "white." That is, until the FBI broke down the DNA profile and determined otherwise. And exonerated an innocent man, who had been wrongfully convicted.

Look at the pictured video still of the suspect in the article.

http://goo.gl/maps/m4O6

This is exit 135 and should be searched.
If it has not already been.

Anyone know?

I know that the findmickeynow@yahoo.com e-mail is monitored for ground search suggestions. Send them your map and they will take action, if that area hasn't already been searched. If you have a tip about the area include that in your e-mail.
Most e-mails receive a reply so you will know that your tip has been read.

I know that the findmickeynow@yahoo.com e-mail is monitored for ground search suggestions. Send them your map and they will take action, if that area hasn't already been searched. If you have a tip about the area include that in your e-mail.
Most e-mails receive a reply so you will know that your tip has been read.

Thank-you very much for this information. I have done just as you suggested and sent them the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle