17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
People actually do this... without a license at all, with illegal weapons.

I, personally, obey the laws. But if criminals can carry guns wherever they please, why should otherwise law-abiding citizens have to disarm themselves?

Oh, I know criminals do this all the time, but the fact that people who are legally allowed to carry guns and breaking the law --- makes them criminal too.

MOO

Yes, I am the one who thinks George pulled out the gun before any altercation. But remember when we had the conversation about me wanting to buy my soon to be 18-year-old niece a gun for things like this -- I believe you told me she wasn't allowed to have one at that age.

Myself, I'm not worried. My fear is with my niece and I see she is at the same disadvantage as Trayvon would be if she found herself in this same situation. She would have no way to defend herself other than trying to fight for her life.
This is wholly irrelevant to my question. No offense intended by that.

I'm saying... You're being chased down by a big dude at night with a gun after making a trip to a 7-11... Would you think having a gun in that situation would be useful?

Exactly. There's a time and place for everything. GZ had his gun and flashlight because he had to "work" that evening.

IMO

Yea, work at pretending to be LE. I'm shocked that he didn't carry a toy badge and have some flashing lights too. On another note........
If the State of FL really wanted to save some money they would house him right along with the other child killer they have been hiding and protecting since last summer.

That's not what I asked.
I thought about your scenario critically, and I would choose to keep my bear spray for a variety of reasons. I would be glad to provide them if you wish to hear them. To be unarmed and helpless, or to carry a gun are not the only choices available. I choose door number three.

I wonder how soon after Zimmerman is released on bond will it take for him to get onto his new website and thank all the people for their wonderful donations?

~jmo~

I watched the majority of that deal this morning. From what I could tell from the investigator's testimony, MOM's questioning, and the SA's questioning, it seemed to me that what was said, as to GZ's story of events, was largely the same as what we had heard before, wasn't it?

Got out of his truck......followed to a point when the dispatcher said "We don't need you to do that".....walking back to his truck when TM attacked him.

In a broad brushed simplification of the story line, is that not more or less what he's saying?

Did anyone hear anything that we haven't already heard from either RZ, RZ Jr., or through the leaked statements of GZ in the Orlando Sentinel article?

I thought about your scenario critically, and I would choose to keep my bear spray for a variety of reasons. I would be glad to provide them if you wish to hear them. To be unarmed and helpless, or to carry a gun are not the only choices available. I choose door number three.

I never offered choices. I asked if a gun would be a useful tool, not if you would rather be unarmed or able to defend yourself. You're the one turning it into a dichotomy.

I watched the majority of that deal this morning. From what I could tell from the investigator's testimony, MOM's questioning, and the SA's questioning, it seemed to me that what was said, as to GZ's story of events, was largely the same as what we had heard before, wasn't it?

Got out of his truck......followed to a point when the dispatcher said "We don't need you to do that".....walking back to his truck when TM attacked him.

In a broad brushed simplification of the story line, is that not more or less what he's saying?

Did anyone hear anything that we haven't already heard from either RZ, RZ Jr., or through the leaked statements of GZ in the Orlando Sentinel article?

It was said this morning that Trayvon circled Zimmerman's 3 times. That was a new one to me.

~jmo~

People actually do this... without a license at all, with illegal weapons.

I, personally, obey the laws. But if criminals can carry guns wherever they please, why should otherwise law-abiding citizens have to disarm themselves?

We shouldn't. It's our right to own them.

As far as I know, the only person who has ever stated Trayvon had a broken nose was the congresswoman that wears the fancy hats. Sorry I can never remember her name.

Wasn't Cynthia Mckenney was it? I know her name because of hats..

You're correct. This is my opinion, just as you have yours. I fully support your right to not have anything to do with guns or flashlights. I'm not the one that started out mocking others for their decisions, though. You're free to exercise or not exercise whatever rights you wish. Calling someone not normal for exercising theirs is a little much, in my opinion.

Well darn mooo, I am a little over the top, most here know that. :floorlaugh: But as far as me mocking GZ, I'm not gonna loose sleep over that. He is not the victim here....

This is wholly irrelevant to my question. No offense intended by that.

I'm saying... You're being chased down by a big dude at night with a gun after making a trip to a 7-11... Would you think having a gun in that situation would be useful?

Yes. It would be useful for me. I am also an adult who can legally, if I wanted to, purchase a gun and get a concealed weapons permit. This in no way helps a kid though.

I don't have a problem with people owning guns or even carrying them. That's their right. I personally choose not to have a gun because my worst fear would be shooting my poor innocent cat who for some reason likes to raise hell in the middle of the night and her wild antics wake me up out of a deep sleep and my first reaction is someone is in my house. :floorlaugh:

My cat's life is more important than my own... but I have some mean butcher knives!!

We just don't really know what happened and we never will. No one can say for sure what was going on those last minutes. JMO

I just dont believe that GZ set out to kill someone, but when it comes down to it, if I think my life is in danger I'd rather go to jail than be dead. JMO

bbm hopefully the forensics show a good bit of what happened, else they wouldnt have charged him with second degree murder.

I 100% think George pulled that gun out to try and keep Trayvon from getting away -- but once he did that -- it would be this action alone that would make this case NOT self defense! The moment he pulled that gun, Trayvon had every right to defend himself!

MOO

I happen to think that george approached TM with his hand on that gun..not pulled yet when Trayvon asked why are you following me..and answer..why are you here or something to that effect..and with that answer drew his gun..cause that where the phone went dead for Dee dee..from that point on it was less than one minute until shot went off..so I tend to think that TM at that point felt threatened..and for less than1 minute some sort of life and death struggly by Trayvon went on..culminating in center mass shot by G..no snuck up on G..no sucker punch to nose ..not head bashing by TM..just 45-50 seconds of struggling!!

Who initiated the contact?? George because he had caught up with TM on that back pathway behind the townhouses..Dont see any indications that TM back tracked and ambushed Georgie..Why would he?..he thought he lost the crazy dude..George's confabulations to try and blame the victim for his mistake or excuse for firing his gun:jail:..What a jerk..Lies just flow from his mouth without a second thought..and he was Under Oath today too :banghead:

I thought I'd heard in there somewhere he'd gone to get the address number off the side of the building but I could be mistaken.

Yes. It would be useful for me. I am also an adult who can legally, if I wanted to, purchase a gun and get a concealed weapons permit. This in no way helps a kid though.

I don't have a problem with people owning guns or even carrying them. That's their right. I personally choose not to have a gun because my worst fear would be shooting my poor innocent cat who for some reason likes to raise hell in the middle of the night and her wild antics wake me up out of a deep sleep and my first reaction is someone is in my house. :floorlaugh:

My cat's life is more important than my own... but I have some mean butcher knives!!
I am not comparing this to the Martin case, so I'm not sure why you keep bringing up ages and kids. I'm asking this question of each and every member here. The only reason I chose that scenario is because it's one that everyone here can identify with because it's the subject being discussed.

It just does not make sense to me that GZ would follow TM and then start a fight. You'd think he'd maybe point the gun at him and keep him there until police arrived. That's what makes me think it was self defense. JMO

Thanks, you just made my point for me. If that was the case, then TM had every right to do anything necessary to save his own life, if he had a gun pointed at him. (Which I think is the case)

I don't know if this has been answered, but it just looks like it was blown out because of the flash.

JMO
Yeah, but it looks strange because the flash has blown things out in a direct line.

If he was cuffed in the front then he could still use the cell phone.

Would the police have let him use a cell phone?

he was shot in the chest, according to the prosecution. No doubt about it. I don't know why anyone is questioning that at all. But some people keep trying to say it was in the back.

It came up today just because of the GSR

He told the officer as soon as he got there that he shot TM.

According to this new article, he told this 'person' to call his wife that he just shot someone.

All of this happened within a few minutes. I haven't seen any evidence of GZ shying away or not owning up to shooting him.

It may not even have occurred to him to deny it but even if he wanted to there would have been no point trying to say he didn't shoot TM. He had called LE prior to the shooting, they knew he was there, following a male matching the victim's description, it was a residential area and he couldn't be sure no one saw him shoot TM from their windows, and his gun could be matched to the bullet.

I've seen Crump on tv only about 5 times as much as MOM. Everyone went in front of the cameras after the bond hearing, including AC.

Maybe we should give MOM some time, hasn't Crump been on the case about five times longer than him.

Wasn't Cynthia Mckenney was it? I know her name because of hats..

I don't know.

I saw her on tv a few times. Each time with a different color glitzed out cowboy hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood